• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the summary, this one sounds so interesting, I can't wait for the original!!

I have many online friends, and two of them are now going out and it seems to be going very well, so I think this is a great topic (as I'm very passionate about it :biggrin2:) :thumb_yello:

I just read through the hole thing and it is a pretty awesome topic for you lot to talk about :aah: It got you chin wagging.

I just did a kind and fine translation and found this paragraph interesting as it reminds me of how fans often see him...

I imagine that the Internet has changed the very dynamics of courtship. All that they do not mean to do it with everyone, which I did not understand the first time. Knowing a lot of first person with whom I went to meet her for the first time has accelerated the report. It made me think that we'd been together a long time. I did move early in intimacy, I was even obsessed. I understood that to know a lot of the other does not necessarily mean to be more suitable as a partner and I should be more cautious.

I'm also thinking this may be the person that he plastered posters all over town for to prove that they'd missed out on something big. :naughty:

I just did a kind and fine translation and found this paragraph interesting as it reminds me of how fans often see him...

I'm also thinking this may be the person that he plastered posters all over town for to prove that they'd missed out on something big. :naughty:

That´s what I thought when I read the first sentences.

This article turns out to be much more hilarious than I thought it would be...:naughty:

I was wondering if it might have been Tom..:teehee:

tom.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: thanks very much. i almost fell off my chair laughing. :aah::naughty:

hmm, that article sounds interesting, and i can totally relate to that topic - almost all my boyfriends so far (definitely all the serious relationships) i've met over the internet. not all of them on dating websites, but most... and i'm very curious to read the whole article! damn, i really should learn italian... :aah:

and i love it how his stalker side comes through again, i can very well imagine him sitting there and googleing for people, to find out everything about them! :naughty:

Sometimes I think I should be worried about the fact he can be overly obsessive. If any other person was, I'd stay far away from that person:roftl:

HE FRIENDED ME TOO!!! :shocked::aah:

:roftl:

ME THREE! WHAT A PLAYER! He said I was his only lonely one....for 2 weeks :tears: OMFG! I SEE A PATTERN HERE!:shocked:

oh my, you sure can talk alot of crazy things over something that hasent come out jet :roftl: it was hard finding the summary:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

Yus, you can haz!

Ok, so adding to what Robi said, this article deals with friendships and relationships in the age of Facebook. He starts off by saying how he went out with someone when he was 22, not long after having signed his first record deal, after they contacted him through his Myspace. They only went out for a couple of weeks, the other person saying that's how online dating worked, but he wasn't aware of that, and he didn't like that at all.

Then he goes on to say that online dating's become normal. He writes about a couple he saw who'd met in a queue in a café, the boy asked the girl if she was on Facebook, because he wanted to see her again, but she said no, that she preferred reality.

That's the thing about the internet, he says, it gives you the opportunity to contact people you wouldn't, or wouldn't have the courage to speak to in real life. Online you can dig through a person's past, and get to know them bit by bit, through photos for example. He admires people who shun this kind of contact, and wonders how they do it. A female friend of his, who amusingly only wants to meet rich men, says that the internet can break down social barriers such as the economic or professional background of a person. You can know a lot of things about a person before you meet them, which changes the dynamics of a relationship, something he didn't understand before.

He finishes by saying that the internet is part of our reality, and that the girl in the café had got it wrong, in reality she was saying that she didn't like the boy, it was a way of making him feel stupid.

thanks!!:wub2: it looks so promising :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks a bunch for summing it up :)

I translated a bit myself but I also have to look after the little ones and cook RL :sneaky2:...so I didn't go very far

Finding out about love at the time of facebook

I was 22 and I left school after having signed with a music compagny and devoted myself entirely to music.

For a year I didn't go out with anyone. But one evening I found I had a friend on my my space page.

I had no idea who he was and two days after we went out together.A short story; in two weeks we saw each other four times.

It had been perceft and when it was finished I was a rag.

"This is the way it works" I was told afterwards but I didn't know then.

I had no experience, I didn't know there was an etiquette when you meet someone on internet. Nor how to behave in such occasions; I had buitl a castle in sand.

I really got involved and it made me mad. It was entirely my own fault and I felt like a whore.

This is how I learned about the rules on internet.

I love it when Mika shares his feelings :wub2:

Best column ever :fangurl:ing and heart melting

that made me think about Pick Up Off The Floor:blink:

Originally Posted by Nezza

Yus, you can haz!

Ok, so adding to what Robi said, this article deals with friendships and relationships in the age of Facebook. He starts off by saying how he went out with someone when he was 22, not long after having signed his first record deal, after they contacted him through his Myspace. They only went out for a couple of weeks, the other person saying that's how online dating worked, but he wasn't aware of that, and he didn't like that at all.

Then he goes on to say that online dating's become normal. He writes about a couple he saw who'd met in a queue in a café, the boy asked the girl if she was on Facebook, because he wanted to see her again, but she said no, that she preferred reality.

That's the thing about the internet, he says, it gives you the opportunity to contact people you wouldn't, or wouldn't have the courage to speak to in real life. Online you can dig through a person's past, and get to know them bit by bit, through photos for example. He admires people who shun this kind of contact, and wonders how they do it. A female friend of his, who amusingly only wants to meet rich men, says that the internet can break down social barriers such as the economic or professional background of a person. You can know a lot of things about a person before you meet them, which changes the dynamics of a relationship, something he didn't understand before.

He finishes by saying that the internet is part of our reality, and that the girl in the café had got it wrong, in reality she was saying that she didn't like the boy, it was a way of making him feel stupid.

Thanks Nezza for this translation as for the last one you translated I think you are not that far from his original comment in english ;)

For me Internet is just a tool... a tool that can really give you the opportunity to meet people but in the same time you have not the same approach of a relashion than you can have in real life, so yes it can be cool to meet people on internet but you maybe will not have the opportunity to meet those people in real life for few reasons: people live far from your town and even in other countries, or they have a busy life with a busy work, study hard, or a family etc... but you can have real affinities with them and internet can be a way to stay in touch; or people you meet on internet can have in real live "permanent" friends that they meet very often and they don't have time to have new "real" relashionship with the opportunity to meet outside of internet; or they can have thousand of friends in facebook that does not care really about what's going on on your life , when you feel down, or even when something good happen to you etc, there is not a 50 pourcent of the time a real "exchange" of thoughts, passions etc... In the other hand I think the problem is not really internet but the personnality of the people you are in connection with... someone that is very kind in real life and take care to each other will be the same on internet (I believe it because I have seen this ;)), but some people just want to have brunch of "friends" just to say my friends page is full and there is nothing behind that, not real friendship or so... For me about the love that you can find on internet I guess it is possible too, but for the same reasons, a few people just want to find someone to go out a little time but not really want to meet someone "seriously" and it reflected also the real life I mean you see this everytime in night club, internet can be just a tool for some people to "hunting".. Maybe this woman in the coffee shop did not want to have a relashion with this guy on internet because she had already a bad experience or she thought that it can be "dangerous" to show a part of her life throught facebook to someone she does not know... it exists bad stories throught internet and bad meeting... so sorry to say that Mika has not got the right to say what he said since he doesn't know what's really going on, on the head of this woman, and on the head of this man, to finish his comment like that...

Edited by Etoile2roses

Maybe this woman in the coffee shop did not want to have a relashion with this guy on internet because she had already a bad experience or she thought that it can be "dangerous" to show a part of her life throught facebook to someone she does not know... it exists bad stories throught internet and bad meeting... so sorry to say that Mika has not got the right to say what he said since he doesn't know what's really going on, on the head of this woman, and on the head of this man, to finish his comment like that...

well, he has just as much right to analyse and judge the situation as you thought you had when judging his comment....:naughty:

I can't wait for the original article to be published. :boing:

PS: I love that song from Alphaville :thumb_yello: