http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mika-logs-online-for-love_1202171

The title :blink::naughty:

Mika - Mika Logs Online For Love

British pop star MIKA is a big fan of online dating - because the internet allows him to approach suitors he would never have the courage to ask out in person.

The Grace Kelly hitmaker admits the first virtual date he organised via MySpace.com five years ago was a disaster - but it hasn't kept him from logging on to look for love.

In a column for La Repubblica, Mika writes, "MySpace, the Facebook of yesterday. Where our pictures were always better than the reality and our words typed always more entertaining than the ones spoken. Since then internet dating has become so much the norm...

"Isn't that the best thing about the internet? You can approach someone that you would never be brave enough to, or even have time to in real life."

And the singer reveals he even uses his computer to research people he meets in the real world.

He adds, "Let's face it, anyone with an internet connection does it in some way. Even if you meet someone for the first time in the flesh, if you're interested you go online and see what you can dig up. We find ourselves piecing together their life, from holiday snaps with drunk friends, to whether they have children or if the pictures of them alone seem too egocentric or staged. At the end of all the online digging you might as well had met online. Perhaps there really isn't a difference any more."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

British pop star MIKA is a big fan of online dating - because the internet allows him to approach suitors he would never have the courage to ask out in person.

The Grace Kelly hitmaker admits the first virtual date he organised via MySpace.com five years ago was a disaster - but it hasn't kept him from logging on to look for love.

In a column for La Repubblica, Mika writes, "MySpace, the Facebook of yesterday. Where our pictures were always better than the reality and our words typed always more entertaining than the ones spoken. Since then internet dating has become so much the norm...

"Isn't that the best thing about the internet? You can approach someone that you would never be brave enough to, or even have time to in real life."

And the singer reveals he even uses his computer to research people he meets in the real world.

He adds, "Let's face it, anyone with an internet connection does it in some way. Even if you meet someone for the first time in the flesh, if you're interested you go online and see what you can dig up. We find ourselves piecing together their life, from holiday snaps with drunk friends, to whether they have children or if the pictures of them alone seem too egocentric or staged. At the end of all the online digging you might as well had met online. Perhaps there really isn't a difference any more."

Thanks for sharing Miro :flowers2:

I KNEW someone had been stalking my Facebook after the gigs here! :doh:

:lmfao:

So I guess someone came up with this nonsense after stalking his Twitter today. The irony. :rolls_eyes: :mf_rosetinted:

I bursted laughing with the first line "British pop star MIKA is a big fan of online dating" :lmao:

I KNEW someone had been stalking my Facebook after the gigs here! :doh:

:lmfao:

:das:

hope you don't have any drunked pics ::aah::naughty:

:lmfao: Makes me laugh how journalists turn things into whatever they want :aah:

T4P :biggrin2:

:shocked:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Don't pretend you're shocked, hunny! :mf_rosetinted: I know you've seen them!

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Mary, thats how you recieve odd PMS and friends invitations, you know??:roftl:

:doh: Damn!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow :roftl:

MARCH 3RD??? :shocked::shocked::shocked:

That's my birthday :mf_lustslow::swoon::stretcher:

Btw, grazia Lucrezia :thumb_yello:

I was thinking about it this morning...

Good news! Thanks for your confirmation, Lucrezia :thumb_yello:

I was wondering about that, thanks for the info:thumb_yello:

You're welcome! :biggrin2:

Happy Birthday for the 3rd March!

That's a great birthday present, Mika's new article!

altough I think my b-day is coming more earlier after seeing him in Comic Relief, HB add, 40th birthday Queen's Exhibition, besides the great gifts from my family

Now I just need Mika tweeting this day and I receiving a reply from him, it would complete my b-day this year :teehee::teehee::teehee: