• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Nezza for the summary:flowers2:

Really can't imagine what they were going through, especially those first hours/days after the accident had happened. Wishing Paloma lots of strength and everything to go perfectly well with her recovery.

@Sephira :huglove:

Thank you Robi and Nezza, as usual. :flowers2:

I thought Paloma was in rehabilitation this whole time...poor girl. :emot-sad:

I really hope she makes a miraculous recovery.

Anyway, wonder how long we have to wait for the English version?

Thanks Robertina for this article. I just read the title and I know that I can't read this article for the moment, it's not the good time for me to do this because I have so much pain now with Axie in a deep coma and my grand mother dying from a cancer just before my 30th birthday. It's too much for me:boxed: I really love all Mika's family they are so nice and adorable. I had so much pain and I was so worry when Paloma horrible accident happened.

:huglove:

Thanks Robi! :biggrin2: Here's my summary :original:

The article's about Paloma. He starts by saying what happened to her, and that certain things in life happen that make you realise that in life people shouldn't be alone. He says that Paloma's accident happened after her housewarming party, and that she's disabled, in the sense that the left side of her body's much weaker then the right side. He went home around midnight, but around 5am he was woken up by people knocking at his door - Paloma had fallen out of her bedroom window on the 4th floor onto the railings below. When he arrived at her house the firemen and paramedics were trying to get her free. He hid with his brother in an ambulance and phoned his relatives all over the world, telling them to come over. It was his dad's 60th birthday, and he was away in Dubai, hearing Mika on the phone he thought that he'd come to Dubai to surprise him. It took 2 hours to free Paloma, and she was conscious for the whole time. He says that the whole neighbourhood was awake, watching silently as she was freed. Paloma was taken by helicopter to the Royal London Hospital, where her life was saved thanks to a 14 hour operation. Incredibly, the railings actually saved her life, because she didn't suffer any brain injuries.

Paloma's still in hospital. Once she leaves, she'll have to go through rehabilitation to learn how to walk again. It'll take years for her to recover completely. He says that he really appreciates the health system after the accident, that if they'd been in the US Paloma's care would've cost them a fortune, and that if you fall from a window in the States you get left on your own. He then writes about a relative of his who was treated in hospital LA, and that for 14 days in hospital it cost her 19,000 dollars.

In Europe governments are making cuts to the health system, its one of the two systems most at risk, along with the education system. His sister's accident's made him appreciate the UK more, and that he doesn't understand how people in the US can trust private companies with looking after their health. Obama's health reforms are a step in the right direction, but it'll take a lot to change the system. Many Americans see a public health system as a threat to their private health system. Italy's health system is the second best in the world (really??) after the UK, so it has a lot to defend; and we should defend it a lot more in the future.

Thanks for posting the summary Nezza :wub2:

It's very sad but brave move from Mika to write about such a painful and terrible event of his life and his family, and to share it in a public way.

Not to mention the horror Paloma has been going through....:sad:

Im glad Mika wrote about it. It was horrible . now it’s much outside of his system then inside, and that’s healthy….

Sisters, broters…I have a brother and I love him very much…felt for them ….

And a father’s birthday…a father …my father died several years ago..he was a medicine doctor, a surgeon …it was partly an accident…so when Mika writes about medical system, hospital and a father it also moves strings inside me….

And the railings really saved P’s life…that’s what I thought. She was lucky. She’s alive

Thank you for the article. Waiting for original one

Thank you for the translation, Nezza.

The situation was, and is, worse that I thought :((( we get to know such details that are really painful... poor Paloma, Mika and poor family :(

But I'm thankful to Mika that he let us to know the truth.

See, news said that it was Mika who called the ambulance, and Mika says that when he came the ambulance already was there.

Now I will wait for the English version.

I have a feeling this article is going to make me cry...

That's what I was thinking. But I want to read it because we could hear all these rumours about what happened and now we have an account. Also, as someone said before, it will be good for Mika to have written about it.

we'll look after each other :huglove:

Thanks Robertina for this article. I just read the title and I know that I can't read this article for the moment, it's not the good time for me to do this because I have so much pain now with Axie in a deep coma and my grand mother dying from a cancer just before my 30th birthday. It's too much for me:boxed: I really love all Mika's family they are so nice and adorable. I had so much pain and I was so worry when Paloma horrible accident happened.

Thank you Robi and Nezza for the article. It's heartbreaking to even think about what a scar this must be on all their lives and the struggles Paloma still has to face.

That's what I was thinking. But I want to read it because we could hear all these rumours about what happened and now we have an account. Also, as someone said before, it will be good for Mika to have written about it.

we'll look after each other :huglove:

Yeah, and I think it's good Mika wrote about it, sometimes just telling others makes you feel better toward the situation..

Thank you, Robi for posting and Nezza for making the summary...:huglove:

That must have been an awful accident, i didn't know she was awaken through the whole process...:(

As much of you know, i had a stroke last fall and i was still unconscious in a coma when that happened..I even missed Mika's gig in Coimbra in October 25th and my own bday in October 24th...

I was in a coma for 20 days after a stroke and trust me, it's not good to wake up and find out u have a bill of almost 50,000 euros to pay...

So, I agree with Mika according the health system...

As for Paloma i deeply feel for her, just hope her recovery happens soon and is 100%...

Thank you for posting the article Robertina and thank you for your summary Nezza.

I will read his original with a lot of emotions.

@Sephira and Axie's family and friends I send you strenghts and love

I often think at Paloma . I wish she will recover and stop suffer. She has all my hope, all my strenght and all my love too.

Thanks Robi for the article, and nezza for the summary.

About health issue is very sensitive in my country. We have to a lot of procedures to get the public access for the cheaper one than private. But, the service of public health is worse. That's why the upper class will choose the private even they have no doubt to overseas.

Healthy is the most expensive thing in our life. I keep pray for Paloma, Axie, and people who get trouble with healthy

The article's about Paloma. He starts by saying what happened to her, and that certain things in life happen that make you realise that in life people shouldn't be alone. He says that Paloma's accident happened after her housewarming party, and that she's disabled, in the sense that the left side of her body's much weaker then the right side. He went home around midnight, but around 5am he was woken up by people knocking at his door - Paloma had fallen out of her bedroom window on the 4th floor onto the railings below. When he arrived at her house the firemen and paramedics were trying to get her free. He hid with his brother in an ambulance and phoned his relatives all over the world, telling them to come over. It was his dad's 60th birthday, and he was away in Dubai, hearing Mika on the phone he thought that he'd come to Dubai to surprise him. It took 2 hours to free Paloma, and she was conscious for the whole time. He says that the whole neighbourhood was awake, watching silently as she was freed. Paloma was taken by helicopter to the Royal London Hospital, where her life was saved thanks to a 14 hour operation. Incredibly, the railings actually saved her life, because she didn't suffer any brain injuries.

Paloma's still in hospital. Once she leaves, she'll have to go through rehabilitation to learn how to walk again. It'll take years for her to recover completely. He says that he really appreciates the health system after the accident, that if they'd been in the US Paloma's care would've cost them a fortune, and that if you fall from a window in the States you get left on your own. He then writes about a relative of his who was treated in hospital LA, and that for 14 days in hospital it cost her 19,000 dollars.

In Europe governments are making cuts to the health system, its one of the two systems most at risk, along with the education system. His sister's accident's made him appreciate the UK more, and that he doesn't understand how people in the US can trust private companies with looking after their health. Obama's health reforms are a step in the right direction, but it'll take a lot to change the system. Many Americans see a public health system as a threat to their private health system. Italy's health system is the second best in the world (really??) after the UK, so it has a lot to defend; and we should defend it a lot more in the future.

What a heartfelt article! Thanks for the translation. I can't wait to read it in his own words though. I thought at the time that the railings were a blessing-in-disguise. That without them breaking her fall she would be dead, or brain-damaged.

It must have been such a trauma and it's not over yet. It will take ages for her to recover!

We are very lucky in the UK, to have free healthcare. We really need to appreciate it more. It is brave of Mika to tackle the subject, and do it so well.

Thankyou for posting :huglove:

Lovely Nezza is writing her usual short summary in English... :wub2: I'm sure she's having a hard time, you cannot read without tears in your eyes.

This is what happened to me at least. Although I admit I can cry easily...

edit: she was quick!

Thankyou for posting ! :wub2:

Oh God, I actually visualised it all. I knew it was terrible, but hearing how it actually happened is even worse. I am curious to the original article. Once again shows that life is too short not to enjoy it.

Thanks for posting, peeps :huglove:

I just read a translation to Portuguese, made by my friend Andy, and instantly started to cry. But I still want to read it in his own words. Definitely touching.

Thank you, Robi for posting and Nezza for making the summary...:huglove:

That must have been an awful accident, i didn't know she was awaken through the whole process...:(

As much of you know, i had a stroke last fall and i was still unconscious in a coma when that happened..I even missed Mika's gig in Coimbra in October 25th and my own bday in October 24th...

I was in a coma for 20 days after a stroke and trust me, it's not good to wake up and find out u have a bill of almost 50,000 euros to pay...

So, I agree with Mika according the health system...

As for Paloma i deeply feel for her, just hope her recovery happens soon and is 100%...

I'm sorry to hear about your stroke! I really hope you are getting better now!

*sends love and a hug to you*