The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

6 minutes ago, NaoMika said:

@TinyLove_CJ

There are the scanned images in this post.

Thank you so much! :flowers2:

Love the pictures of Mika from that interview! :fangurl:

It was beginning to drive me mad not being able to find that magazine! 😅

Turns out the CD is the audio of the magazine to help people learn English!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi hello, i'm back and i'm looking for something once again, i'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but i'm going to try my luck here anyway. 

Some months ago the guitarist of singer Florence Welch from Florence + the Machine posted this on his story for her birthday, indicating that she had once upon a time toured with Mika. This must have been circa 2011, going off what he writes.

Does anybody know/remember anything about this? Or is this possibly about a completely different Mika? 

"On tour" implies that she may have been an opener for him or something, but I've not found anything.

The most i could find for a connection between them is that they both played at Bestival in 2009, but that's something completely different. I've also not found any Mika's who seem to be on her crew/band or anything, so all is a mystery 😂.

Does anybody know more?

20230828_142300.jpg

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Some months ago the guitarist of singer Florence Welch from Florence + the Machine posted this on his story for her birthday, indicating that she had once upon a time toured with Mika. This must have been circa 2011, going off what he writes.

Struggling to find anything else about this too, it's not something I've heard about before. The only other connection I've found is that in 2010 both Mika and Florence were at Nimes Arena on the same day, so I'm assuming that was for a festival, and they both had sets for Musilac Festival that same year too. Other than that I'm really not sure, hopefully someone who saw either Mika or Florence around 2011 might have more info! 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jaela said:

Hi hello, i'm back and i'm looking for something once again, i'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but i'm going to try my luck here anyway. 

Does anybody know/remember anything about this? Or is this possibly about a completely different Mika? 

"On tour" implies that she may have been an opener for him or something, but I've not found anything.

The most i could find for a connection between them is that they both played at Bestival in 2009, but that's something completely different. I've also not found any Mika's who seem to be on her crew/band or anything, so all is a mystery 😂.

Does anybody know more?

20230828_142300.jpg

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Struggling to find anything else about this too, it's not something I've heard about before. The only other connection I've found is that in 2010 both Mika and Florence were at Nimes Arena on the same day, so I'm assuming that was for a festival, and they both had sets for Musilac Festival that same year too. Other than that I'm really not sure, hopefully someone who saw either Mika or Florence around 2011 might have more info! 🙂

Well, obviously Florence never "toured" with Mika or else we'd have info about it here... unless they did it in secret. ;)

So I have no idea what this refers to. :dunno:

They have been in the same place at the same time on several occasions, but as far as I know she never opened for Mika, or vice versa.

It could be in how you're reading the sentence. It could mean Mika was there at the time the photo was taken, while they were on tour in Italy? Or maybe Mika is someone's nickname? I have no clue.

• Like 3

Hey there,

does anybody by chance know a place where I could get Mika-related postcards (besides from having them printed individually)? I am doing postcrossing regularly, and there are actually lots of people who tell me that they also love Mika when they read it in my profile. So I thought it would be nice to have some appropriate postcards in my repertoire :)

I understand that there have been postcards in Mika‘s merch store, but there isn‘t anything anymore … If someone has got a good idea where I could find some, that‘d be really great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deepblue said:

I understand that there have been postcards in Mika‘s merch store, but there isn‘t anything anymore …

There were the Rite of Spring cards from a while ago and long before now there were TBWKTM themed postcards too. Unfortunately these aren't available on any official Mika store now. If you're wanting official Mika postcards I would suggest to keep checking auction sites and online market places (Ebay, Vinted etc.). Otherwise it might come down to printing them yourself.

We do have this thread where fans can say they have spare merch available, you could always ask here too:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2024 at 12:23 PM, Jaela said:

Does anybody know more?

20230828_142300.jpg

Update: I had my FatM fan friend ask the older fans in her fandom and this is what they said, but not much more info 😅. But it seems it really is about our Mika and not some other dude, interesting 🤔

Screenshot_20240312-185632_Telegram.jpg

On 3/6/2024 at 3:49 PM, dcdeb said:

They have been in the same place at the same time on several occasions

It could be an in-joke, referring to banter between the bands after rocking up at the same gigs, joking that they were on tour together. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a clear photo of the 'Club Apocalypse' sign Mika stands on during C'est la vie on tour? Preferably head on as I want to replicate it for something😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, goose said:

Does anyone have a clear photo of the 'Club Apocalypse' sign Mika stands on during C'est la vie on tour? Preferably head on as I want to replicate it for something😁

Here is a photo by Accor Arena that has been posted today.

1711656264362.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, goose said:

Here is  screen captures from

@Happymika_by_celine's

at about 53:00 Paris Bercy

Mika-ParisBercy-ApocalypseCalypsoTour(extraits)-25_03.2024-1.thumb.jpg.9f1f3137ab076ed85e3d3c708bf189ba.jpg

Mika-ParisBercy-ApocalypseCalypsoTour(extraits)-25_03_2024.thumb.jpg.559f8d8a94edbed8e285ffbabba7206a.jpg

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, goose said:

I think it's better than my last post.

https://today.rtl.lu/culture/music/a/2181658.html

at Luxenboug

GXnNkBbE.thumb.jpg.51d5e1446ee3c9dc28c8a89bfce33f12.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Thanks 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to The Looking For Something Thread The Looking For Something Threa - Part II!
  • Kumazzz changed the title to The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

Back again with another very specific request: does anybody have a photo of Mika stuffing what looks like the last bit of an ice cream cone into his mouth? It's a photo taken from the side and fairly zoomed in, rather unflattering but also quite funny. It may have been a paparazzi pic, I'm not sure, but I know I used to have it in my meme gallery before I lost all the photos due to a malfunctioning SD card 😩

I want to use it in a meme post for my Instagram, I would be really happy if someone could find this and once again confirm that I'm not crazy and this photo really exists somewhere 😅😂

8 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Update I'm thinking now that it may have been from The Voice?

I found a screenshot on Pinterest from what looks like it may have been a video, so if someone could provide me with that I would also be very happy

Screenshot_20240405-173118_Chrome.jpg

Yes it is from The Voice. Go to mikawebsite.com in the media section they have all of Mika's seasons episode and this is in 2019 during June 1st episode 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Update I'm thinking now that it may have been from The Voice?

I found a screenshot on Pinterest from what looks like it may have been a video, so if someone could provide me with that I would also be very happy

Screenshot_20240405-173118_Chrome.jpg

It's from The Voice semi-finals if I remember well. He was promoting Ice Cream single in June 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's from The Voice semi-finals if I remember well. He was promoting Ice Cream single in June 2019.

Thank you! So not the photo I was looking for, that mystery still remains, but at least I can rule this one out haha. It was really a photo on which he was properly stuffing his face... no idea how to ever find that again 🙈

Well, turns out the image I was looking for was on my own Instagram account all along 😅. I just didn't remember that I had used it before! 🙈

Screenshot_20240409-223622_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaela said:

Well, turns out the image I was looking for was on my own Instagram account all along 😅. I just didn't remember that I had used it before! 🙈

Screenshot_20240409-223622_Instagram.jpg

If I remember correctly... the pic has taken at Mexico-city in 2009, Mika ate Taco.

Here is the thread in 2009.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm basically becoming a permanent resident of this thread haha, sorry, but i was wondering, is there a list somewhere of every tour Mika has ever done? I'm trying to think of the name of the one where he wore period clothes, but I'm coming up short, and i wonder if there are more tours from before my time which I don't know about as well. If someone can provide me with such a list, or perhaps with the info to create one myself (it would be nice to have it somewhere on the forum, no?) I'd be very happy! ☺️

48 minutes ago, Jaela said:

I'm basically becoming a permanent resident of this thread haha, sorry, but i was wondering, is there a list somewhere of every tour Mika has ever done? I'm trying to think of the name of the one where he wore period clothes, but I'm coming up short, and i wonder if there are more tours from before my time which I don't know about as well. If someone can provide me with such a list, or perhaps with the info to create one myself (it would be nice to have it somewhere on the forum, no?) I'd be very happy! ☺️

Do you mean the concert when he was dressed in white like a prince with tights? That was in Compiegne in 2011 when he released Elle me dit as a single and sang it for the first time there  but before The Origin of Love was released only in 2012.  I would suggest @kreacher 's mikapedia where the names of all Mika's tours might be I don't think there is a particular thread for that :dunno:

I can't think of the name of the tour going with The Origin of Love album :doh:

Dodgy holiday tour

(Life in cartoon motion)
Imaginarium tour
(The boy who knew too much)
Heaven tour
(No place in heaven)
(The Origin of love)

:dunno:
Revelation tour 
(My name is Michael Holbrook)
Apocalypse Calypso  tour

(Que ta tête fleurisse toujours) 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Let's just say he wasn't very original with the tour name... :naughty:

Mhm that's still missing the tour @Jaela Is talking about though, the one in 2011 with the period clothing.

That wasn't only at one gig although many not enough to be an official tour?

• Like 1