The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

2 hours ago, Nina-lila said:

Really wanted to rewatched this interview so thank you so much to post it, 

However, I don't know why the last ten minutes aren't working, any idea why ? I know you posted it ages ago but do you or someone else have these last ten minutes of the interview ?

Thanks a lot anyway I don't know why but I think it's a great interveiw nd happy to be able to find it on here

:welcomeani: Welcome to the MFC @Nina-lila !

Here is a part of Mika with subtitles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Not so much looking for something, as wondering something..

- has he ever played the same venue/festival 2 years in a row?

- which city or venue has he played the most? 

Absolutely LONDON, the second would be Paris.

I'm not sure if this list is correct...:blush:

:france: Paris

:uk:  London

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:18 PM, Hero said:

Not so much looking for something, as wondering something..

- has he ever played the same venue/festival 2 years in a row?

- which city or venue has he played the most? 

i made this google doc spreadsheet w/ all Mika's tour dates (that i know of) on it for the Mika encyclopedia...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RbF0qnm5veYKqr5P7D_bOGLlMjNedRWya77DJSKZykk/edit?usp=share_link I updated it in the autumn of 2022, so it doesn't include any late 2022 or 2023 dates on it.

For your first question @Hero, that's an interesting one. I can't think of any offhand, but I haven't checked my list. It seems festivals tend to switch up the lineup from year to year and Mika doesn't always tour every year.

For your second question, it depends on what you mean by "played". The list Eriko posted includes things like radio performances, and my list only includes live concerts of at least 3 songs (so it includes gigs like private event concerts and his street performances in Livorno and Ancona, but not other things like radio recordings and award shows).

I guess you can't sort the doc by city as a guest, but I can and according to my calculations he played live concerts in London 42 times (plus 3 cancelations and 1 i think was in London but i'm not sure) and in Paris 40 times (no cancelations). Next closest seems to be Milan at 16 times.

You didn't ask but I was curious, so I sorted by country and found he's had 88 concerts in England, 152 in France, and 64 in Italy.

Edited by kreacher
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! 

I'm searching for the program where an Italian director went with Mika to his Tuscany house and they walked thru Mika's kitchen garden, then they went together to a posh gig wearing pyjamas in the plane.

It had 2 parts.

Seems like it was approximately October 2021, but I don't remember any keywords to search.

39 minutes ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Hi guys! 

I'm searching for the program where an Italian director went with Mika to his Tuscany house and they walked thru Mika's kitchen garden, then they went together to a posh gig wearing pyjamas in the plane.

It had 2 parts.

Seems like it was approximately October 2021, but I don't remember any keywords to search.

Original version:

With subtitles:

On 2/27/2023 at 2:02 AM, kreacher said:

i made this google doc spreadsheet w/ all Mika's tour dates (that i know of) on it for the Mika encyclopedia...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RbF0qnm5veYKqr5P7D_bOGLlMjNedRWya77DJSKZykk/edit?usp=share_link I updated it in the autumn of 2022, so it doesn't include any late 2022 or 2023 dates on it.

For your first question @Hero, that's an interesting one. I can't think of any offhand, but I haven't checked my list. It seems festivals tend to switch up the lineup from year to year and Mika doesn't always tour every year.

For your second question, it depends on what you mean by "played". The list Eriko posted includes things like radio performances, and my list only includes live concerts of at least 3 songs (so it includes gigs like private event concerts and his street performances in Livorno and Ancona, but not other things like radio recordings and award shows).

I guess you can't sort the doc by city as a guest, but I can and according to my calculations he played live concerts in London 42 times (plus 3 cancelations and 1 i think was in London but i'm not sure) and in Paris 40 times (no cancelations). Next closest seems to be Milan at 16 times.

You didn't ask but I was curious, so I sorted by country and found he's had 88 concerts in England, 152 in France, and 64 in Italy.

@kreacher Dee, I'm sorry, I've only just seen your reply! This is awesome work, thank you so much! :flowers2:

And since I asked that question, he's announced Cap Roig again this year! :lol3:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, kind of related to the yearbook planning... I'm trying to think of times when Mika has mentioned flowers (specifically or as a general reference) in his songs. My brain isn't co-operating and I can only think of Sanremo's yellow flowers, so I thought I'd ask the hive mind - quicker than trawling the lyrics thread! Any floral lyrics spring to mind? 

4 hours ago, Hero said:

Quick question, kind of related to the yearbook planning... I'm trying to think of times when Mika has mentioned flowers (specifically or as a general reference) in his songs. My brain isn't co-operating and I can only think of Sanremo's yellow flowers, so I thought I'd ask the hive mind - quicker than trawling the lyrics thread! Any floral lyrics spring to mind? 

Right now I can only think of J'ai Pas Envie first line: "Tu m'as offert des roses, j't'ai envoyé dessus"  ( You offered me roses, I sent you away)

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Any floral lyrics spring to mind? 

Maybe not flowers but there's this line from Celebrate "Where the trees I planted grow"  🌳  😊

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been searching for a Mika picture I saw and I can only describe it. He is standing, wearing beige slack pants, and has a white button-up on. Over that he is wearing a neon peach (that’s the best way I can describe it) sweater and a tie. If anyone can find it I would be extremely happy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I’ve been searching for a Mika picture I saw and I can only describe it. He is standing, wearing beige slack pants, and has a white button-up on. Over that he is wearing a neon peach (that’s the best way I can describe it) sweater and a tie. If anyone can find it I would be extremely happy!

I think this one.

Lanvin - Store Launch Party

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

@Kumazzz Oh my gosh thank you so much! I have been looking for it for forever and I could not, for the life of me, find it! I couldn`t get it off my mind either, so you have no idea how happy you have made me!!

My pleasure.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

@Kumazzz Oh my gosh thank you so much! I have been looking for it for forever and I could not, for the life of me, find it! I couldn`t get it off my mind either, so you have no idea how happy you have made me!!

Eriko finds almost everything, the forum wouldn't be the same without her. :original:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Sonelle said:

hiii i’m looking for pics of the winged heart. I think it was on his pianos during Stasera Casa Mika? or some show during 2016 era but I can’t recall 

Do you mean the giant prop from Casa Mika?

Here are a few screenshots from the show, sorry they're not the best quality.

The heart was often in the background or used as the door so it's hard to get a clear front view of it.

20230527_134605.thumb.png.6a5290918ca729d300243d3b03bb05d5.png

20230527_134624.thumb.png.56423583ec0ba34039aac90d43ae6c6d.png

20230527_134639.thumb.png.0d29c5c522bbf80c5aa34ae4d6a8b076.png

20230527_134656.thumb.png.f789be59cd8c05eddcd08a1a947992b9.png

20230527_134716.thumb.png.a2616b2e33db9e8ff2203a9e0a2f27ee.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:30 PM, krysady said:

Right now I can only think of J'ai Pas Envie first line: "Tu m'as offert des roses, j't'ai envoyé dessus"  ( You offered me roses, I sent you away)

I always thought he threw the roses on the person who had given them to him :lmfao:

• Haha 1