The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I've only just found out that Mika (and his sister) did a short art exhibition at the Blink Gallery London in 2007!

I've already been through a thread here with fan reports but is there anything official about the exhibition? Any printed newspaper/magazine articles or professional photos, that kind of thing?

Also I'd love Mika to do something like that again!

Mika + Artwork = :cloud:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I can't believe I've only just found out that Mika (and his sister) did a short art exhibition at the Blink Gallery London in 2007!

I've already been through a thread here with fan reports but is there anything official about the exhibition? Any printed newspaper/magazine articles or professional photos, that kind of thing?

Also I'd love Mika to do something like that again!

Mika + Artwork = :cloud:

BBC NEWS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6295368.stm

VIDEO

Getty images

Images https://www.gettyimages.no/search/2/image?events=75284682

Videos

樂手巢 YSOLife

A Chinese site in 2020

https://ysolife.com/mika-artwork/

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@TinyLove_CJ

Never seen this site before !

https://991.com/Buy/ProductInformation.aspx?StockNumber=411547&PrinterFriendly=1

Art Exhibition Invitation

MIKA Art Exhibition (2007 UK invitation to the private launch of the singer's art exhibition, at the Blink Gallery in London on 11 July 2007, featuring his multi-coloured sketches, including the artwork from his number one album 'Life In Cartoon Motion' album.

This double-sided invitation measures 5" x 4" and features a full-colour illustration on one side and invitation details on the back)

91763290_MikaArtExhibitionInvitation-411547.thumb.jpg.509fdaf04414d30119c77bb7da80b53d.jpg

image-411547b.thumb.jpg.022e33bd5b19084dabd10611ba2b5c71.jpg

Price Info

N/A

Product Availability

Currently Unavailable - You can request the next copy of this item

Release Year

2007 - 15 years ago

Condition

Unless stated otherwise in the description above, all items are in at least excellent condition - so please read our descriptions carefully. We try to sell items as close to Mint condition as possible, and many will indeed be close to brand new and/or unplayed. Others may be 'used' - and all will meet our strict grading and are 100% guaranteed.

Shipping Cost

Add item to your basket to see shipping quote

Format

memorabilia

Record Label

N/A

Complete Stock List

Go to Mika

Product Catalogue No

INVITATION

Music Genre

POP, Disco, Singer/Songwriter, 00s Artists, Male Solo, NME Indie/Alternative Artists, Indie

Country

Comes from UK Comes from 'UK'

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MartaH said:

Mika mentioned a couple of times that he works under the others' names/ pseudonyms. One of them was Alice. Is there a discussion on the forum about that? 

Here is the results of searching Alice from the MFC

'Ci parliamo da grandi' - by Mika sang by Eros Ramazzotti 2008

https://www.mikafanclub.com/search/?q=alice&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=22906

Mika Encyclopedia

https://www.mikafanclub.com/search/?q=alice&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=31627

RaiPlay

Stasera CasaMika St 2016

Eros Ramazzotti and Mika

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2016/11/Mika-e-Eros-Ramazzotti---Ci-parliamo-da-grandi-691cd2e9-5aa6-47fc-943a-5ad7606cd48d.html

Alice ( Mika ) wrote the song Ci parliamo da grandi for Eros Ramazzotti
"Ci parliamo da grandi" is one of Eros Ramazzotti's hits, but not everyone knows that the music of this song was composed by Mika.

Wiki

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ci_parliamo_da_grandi

Ci parliamo da grandi è un brano musicale cantato da Eros Ramazzotti, pubblicato il 21 marzo 2008 come terzo singolo tratto dall'album e² del 2007.

Il testo è stato scritto dallo stesso Ramazzotti con Niccolò Agliardi, mentre la musica è stata composta da Mika (con lo pseudonimo di Alice) e Guy Chambers, produttore ed autore di Robbie Williams. La canzone è stata registrata nello studio di Chambers, a Londra.

Il brano è stato utilizzato per la colonna sonora del film di Luca Lucini Amore, bugie e calcetto uscito nelle sale il 4 aprile. Nel videoclip compare uno degli interpreti del film, Filippo Nigro.

Official video

• Thanks 2

On 10/9/2022 at 4:19 AM, MartaH said:

Mika mentioned a couple of times that he works under the others' names/ pseudonyms. One of them was Alice. Is there a discussion on the forum about that? 

I must say it's funny that you should be asking about his pseudonym 'Alice', I've recently been looking up some of Mika's more recent songs and it turns out he used that name for Yo Yo! 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KAMI_83 said:

Does anyone know where I can get mika's music album, songs for sorrow?

Sometimes you can get it on ebay, but it was a limited edition item, so it's rare.

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I must say it's funny that you should be asking about his pseudonym 'Alice', I've recently been looking up some of Mika's more recent songs and it turns out he used that name for Yo Yo! 😁

Really? Where did you find that info?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I thought he used it in the past for songs he wrote for other singers :dunno:

17 hours ago, mellody said:

Sometimes you can get it on ebay, but it was a limited edition item, so it's rare.

Really? Where did you find that info?

16 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I thought he used it in the past for songs he wrote for other singers :dunno:

Found through the ACE Repertory on ASCAP (couldn't take a full screen shot but 'MIKA' is also credited as a writer and performer):

20221011_160830.thumb.png.2b2388e4a2d15f200db972c4cd157e7d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Found through the ACE Repertory on ASCAP (couldn't take a full screen shot but 'MIKA' is also credited as a writer and performer):

That is so amazing :jawdrop:

There is Mika, Michael Holbrook Penniman and Alice and maybe more we don't know about :naughty: 

Why would he use his regular artist name and Alice as well for the writers of the same song?  I am really puzzled....

Thank you for the cap  @TinyLove_CJ :hug:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was intrigued so went snooping. :naughty:

I can only see him listed as MIKA under 'Performers'. There are 3 separate sections, writers, publishers, performers. 

422082727_Screenshot_20221011-204838_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9f7319915b2b755e5ae78e6413f0ff9f.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

I was intrigued so went snooping. :naughty:

I can only see him listed as MIKA under 'Performers'. There are 3 separate sections, writers, publishers, performers. 

422082727_Screenshot_20221011-204838_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9f7319915b2b755e5ae78e6413f0ff9f.jpg

I tried too but nothing happens when I click on the search button :doh:

• Confused 1