New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

It is written in huge letters right at the top - you just can't see it in full:

WRITT(EN BY)

MIKA AND DOR(INLAN)

It was produced by Greg, Mika and Klas Åhlund. The 'Yell' type of electronic noises come from the latter I guess.

If it took only a day to record the song, I guess they spent around 2 minutes on the 'cover art' :naughty:

Good point! :floor:

That remix actually made me nauseous. I am not a fan of remixes in general, but that uses all the wrong sounds and puts them together in a way that just does not agree with me.

Well, what do you know? Mika has finally put together something that does not appeal to me :thumb_yello:

I am not a fan of the red and blue. The first thing I learned in graphic design class is that there is a very good reason that people do not use red and blue together like that. The colors clash in a way that makes the point where they connect look wavy. It causes eye strain.

The fact that there are pieces of the letters missing adds to the eye strain. If I did not know any better, I would think he was trying to strain our eyes as hard as his mother strains him at times. He really wants us to feel the song. And that is completely unpleasant and unnecessary.

I do not like geometric art unless there is something interesting about. Escher does interesting things with geometry. Mika did not...and he paired it with the one color combination you are never supposed to use when they are the only colors in a design. This is textbook bad design. There is a difference between challenging the standards and decided that standards are pointless, so you are going to defy them for sake of defying them, like he's defying his mom in this song. I do not care if that is actually the reason. It does not work.

It is one thing to share your feelings with your audience and another entirely to make them have those feelings towards your work. If you get people annoyed at your work, they are not going to want to spend money on it.

So, I have a song I actually like paired with actually bad art and a remix that is as poorly designed as the art. Typically, this would be a pass for me, but he implied or outright said that it will not be on the album. If that is true, it is a single worth buying. If I buy it and he puts it on the album, I am going to feel cheated. That would be a bait and switch and I would not be pleased.

I am going to assume he was not lying and will buy it to support him because I actually do enjoy the song. Shame about the packaging and B side. :sneaky2:

I don't think any of the French songs were meant to be on the English versions of the album. They were supposed to be bonus tracks on the French version.

Not sure what will happen with Elle Me Dit now, since it seems to be getting quite popular all over the world, as a single in it's own right.

I don't think Mika was expecting that to happen, so whether he puts it as a bonus track on all the versions now, remains to be seen.

Annoying :blink:

Thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

Generally I don't like remixes and this one is especially awful:aah:

Oh my God.... I think my brain is melting...:boxed:

*me gusta* :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

This times one bazillion :biggrin2:

Only heard the first 30 seconds and I think a couple of my brain cells just died. :boxed:

Getting the feeling it's a blessing not having working speakers at the moment:roftl:

hmmm oh dear :teehee:

i have to admit, i do not like remixes as a rule and this one is no different.

why do artists feel the need to have remixes? :blink:

i'd like to hear from the ones who think songs have colors... what color is this remix? :naughty:

a totally psychedelic mesh, that's for sure:roftl:

This remix is the kind of music which let me think that I took too much drugs :blink::shocked:

That was my feeling too :naughty: I can't understand any purpose for remixes like this :blink:

(But I admit I didn't give it much chance, it's just too early morning for versions like this :roftl:)

Edited by tiibet

What a disgusting thing :loco:

:sleep_1:

i'd like to hear from the ones who think songs have colors... what color is this remix? :naughty:

I see a mixture of silver-yellow-green-blue-red-pink little bubbles, but anyway, even the picture looks not bad, I would prefer not to have heard this remix.

omg, just realized how coarse is the name of this remix in french by reading it out loud :boxed:

It kills the already very small desire that I had to listen it :sneaky2:

Well if you stick to the French pronunciation, it's not rude. But it's a pun meant to be pronounced in both languages ( "beat" in english and the rest in French) and it is indeed :mfr_omg:. I prefer subtlety and class

I see that remix black & white.Don't like.Mika's songs always make me feel many things but this remix is cold :boxed:

I feel the same about this remix :blink:

Just to say that this song is really successfull in France : it's aired on many radio stations all the time ! :naughty::thumb_yello:

And he is number 1 in the digital sellings since 3 weeks :thumb_yello:

I think you already know that (I assume someone already wrote the news) but just to recall ! :naughty: Happy to see that he is still liked !

Well if you stick to the French pronunciation, it's not rude. But it's a pun meant to be pronounced in both languages ( "beat" in english and the rest in French) and it is indeed :mfr_omg:. I prefer subtlety and class

What's its meaning?

What's its meaning?

Well I won't translate it here, but I can explain it: "beat" sounds like the French (slang) word for man's modesty and "cue" pronounced like "cul" ("l" is silent) is slang for bum/ behind. So you know now which parts of the anatomy they are dealing with when they have chosen this pseudo.