82, rue des Martyrs (Karen) - Discussion

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my, I soo love this song! I know some of you don't, but I do, really. I love music so much that I think it's easier to love his new songs. I'm not saying you guys don't love music, but I've been dependent on music for a long time because of a processing. And now I love many songs, I learned to still love songs, even if I didn't like it the first time because, as some of you said, I was maybe in another mood. Sometimes you have to look at it in another way. It doesn't matter if you don't like his new songs. but I care about it, because we are all Mika fans and it would be awesome if we all loved every song of Mika, but I also learned that that's not true. I think some people aren't happy as easy as I am.

I love Mika and I'll always do, I could never let him go, because he made me who I am now, and that person I am now is someone who can't live without Mika, the person that learned me things about life and made me enjoy life again after a big loss. :wub2:

I wish someone who is into music composition would analyse his new songs. I long to know if there's a technical reason for them to be so dull.

Ouch :aah:

I like EMD better than karen for some reason :dunno:

Elle Me Dit and Karen are just something extra he's putting together. Like a seperate project really. I seriously doubt, also, that Weather (I'd sooner call it that than BIOTW) will be a single from the album. I don't think he'll unveil the first single until he's ready to release it, after all, he won't want his single all over the internet for weeks (although unfortunately, that happened with WAG, but I think he's learned his lesson)

The fact is, what we've heard is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to the new music from Mika. We have loads more to come yet, so if any of the new songs are not to a fan's taste, it doesn't matter. We can't like everything he does, and we shouldn't really expect to do so

I could live a long time without hearing Big Girl, BIOTG, and Rain, so I don't go mad for everything he writes either.

Elle Me Dit and Karen are just something extra he's putting together. Like a seperate project really. I seriously doubt, also, that Weather (I'd sooner call it that than BIOTW) will be a single from the album. I don't think he'll unveil the first single until he's ready to release it, after all, he won't want his single all over the internet for weeks (although unfortunately, that happened with WAG, but I think he's learned his lesson)

The fact is, what we've heard is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to the new music from Mika. We have loads more to come yet, so if any of the new songs are not to a fan's taste, it doesn't matter. We can't like everything he does, and we shouldn't really expect to do so

I could live a long time without hearing Big Girl, BIOTG, and Rain, so I don't go mad for everything he writes either.

That's so true, it's really sad to see even hard-core fans so angry/disappointed.

:sad:

Maybe we should give him a break ? If all the songs are like these ( i dont think so ) then he'll have enough to handle with critics and haters :sad:

:roftl:

His album is not finished yet, so if he bothers to come here at all and read any of the constructive criticism (or ask his assistant or whoever to do so :naughty:..), he can make them better if he wants to. If he doesn't care about fans' opinion, he is not going to take note, anyway. It's as simple as that. We are not talking about finished songs here, with the exception of EMD but that's only a download for the French market only so who cares? :dunno:

PS: I wish we had heard WAG before it was released as the main single off the album :cool:

Edited by suzie

His album is not finished yet, so if he bothers to come here at all and read any of the constructive criticism (or ask his assistant or whoever to do so :naughty:..), he can make them better if he wants to. If he doesn't care about fans' opinion, he is not going to take note, anyway. It's as simple as that. We are not talking about finished songs here, with the exception of EMD but that's only a download for the French market only so who cares? :dunno:

agree with you..!:wink2:

I wish someone who is into music composition would analyse his new songs. I long to know if there's a technical reason for them to be so dull.

:aah: how hard!! :aah:

I guess music is like any other kind of art, there is not an only opinion about it. I think all we can feel with our senses is subjective. Do you like Picasso? I don´t. Or heavy metal music? I hate it. Does it mean that I have no taste? Or that people who love heavy metal have no taste? no, as I said it´s just a matter of taste. You like or not, that´s all, but I will never trust in someone who is telling me "this songs is entertaining cause he uses this or that tune instead of this" or something like that. No one can analyze music, pictures or art in general. For example, I like Velazquez, and Las Meninas to death, but I hate modern art for some unknown reason. It makes me puke :aah:. Same happens with all the songs from Songs for Sorrow. I have my taste, and anyone has their own taste...

It's interesting but today Karen, especially its chorus started spinning in my head very clearly.:shocked:

Despite its pretty incoherent mellody structure...:dunno:

That's very strange, but it happened with almost all Mika song after a while. Even with WAG which isn't one of my favourites.:aah:

:aah: how hard!! :aah:

I guess music is like any other kind of art, there is not an only opinion about it. I think all we can feel with our senses is subjective. Do you like Picasso? I don´t. Or heavy metal music? I hate it. Does it mean that I have no taste? Or that people who love heavy metal have no taste? no, as I said it´s just a matter of taste. You like or not, that´s all, but I will never trust in someone who is telling me "this songs is entertaining cause he uses this or that tune instead of this" or something like that. No one can analyze music, pictures or art in general. For example, I like Velazquez, and Las Meninas to death, but I hate modern art for some unknown reason. It makes me puke :aah:. Same happens with all the songs from Songs for Sorrow. I have my taste, and anyone has their own taste...

i don't disagree!

you like them, i don't.

you think they're witty, I think they're dull.

i don't disagree!

you like them, i don't.

you think they're witty, I think they're dull.

oh yes!! it´s just a matter of taste, I was just trying to say (if my english allows me) that no one can "judge" a song, like saying "this is good or this is bad" cause it´s all about tastes...

Thank God it´s all about taste!!! I don´t want to imagine how things would be if all the women were in love with the same guy :mf_rosetinted:

haters? who hates who/what?

I'm only expressing what I feel about SONGS. Never thought of judging Mika or - God save me - hate him.

Pls. don't mess things up and don't be dramatic, thanks.

I don't see how I'm messing anything up and I wasn't talking about MFCers, you can find someone who (knows about ) and dislikes mika easily even in your own circle.

Edited by Jaya

I must confess I have my Mika fav songs and a few I like less, like Love Today and Toy Boy and I have no idea why...but I really like his new onces and Karen sounds very Mikaish to me...and the story reminds me of good gone girl as it's about this woman who no matter how difficult life is strives to go on...I love Mika's voice and his three new songs sound good to me :wink2:

:blink:Mature is the last adjective I would use for EMD.

..and an unstructured song like Karen is not going to take him anywhere.

I think if half of his long term fans don't like these, it is a sign for him and not for us :dunno:

Anyway, people are posting their opinions because they care and I am sure they will be here to listen to the third album, too, and decide if they want to take part in the game for the coming years or not.

I love "unstructured" songs!!! and it's not going to take him where? to the top of the lists? Personally I don't care!!! I've always wanted to listen to something more sophisticated and not just "hits"-something for masses...(sometimes a hit is also very good but not always...)

I must confess I have my Mika fav songs and a few I like less, like Love Today and Toy Boy and I have no idea why...but I really like his new onces and Karen sounds very Mikaish to me...and the story reminds me of good gone girl as it's about this woman who no matter how difficult life is strives to go on...I love Mika's voice and his three new songs sound good to me :wink2:

I think this woman knows exactly what to do to have a difficult life....:wink2:

I love "unstructured" songs!!! and it's not going to take him where? to the top of the lists? Personally I don't care!!! I've always wanted to listen to something more sophisticated and not just "hits"-something for masses...(sometimes a hit is also very good but not always...)

:blink: Calm down, mine is just an opinion like yours :dunno:

I might even change my mind when I hear the recorded version.

I don't find the live version particularly sophisticated,even though he sings it really well.

Sophistication and catchiness are not mutually exclusive, btw, :cool:

Edited by suzie

Ok, so I've given this another listen and I have some opinions :naughty:.

I think that I would actually really like this songs if it was in English. Or a language that Mika didn't sound (in my opinion) like a SL'er doing. For me it's his French that ruins it.

I'm not criticising his French, but I just find that it doesn't quite flow or roll off his tongue, he sounds like he has an accent and like it's not coming out properly and naturally, and that ruins it for me :dunno:

If it was in English, it would sound better in my opinion. Not because it's English but because it would sound like the language comes naturally to him.

I do actually quite like the beat and mellody of the chorus if I ignore this, but sadly I can't dissociate them enough for me to actually properly like the song. It's like I can't get past that 70/30% of like/dislike.