82, rue des Martyrs (Karen) - Discussion

:naughty: i just love the way we all get together and try to figure out the lyrics out of vids & try to translate for everyone to understand & make sense of it all :blush-anim-cl:

Aaaaaaaawn, and I love you Guys (:teehee:) for doing it. I'm silly today.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much everyone, for the vids, the lyrics the translation :bow:

You guys are the most wonderful fans ever, lots of us don't know french but everyone tries so hard to make everyone understand :wub2:

Maybe if we meet mika for drinks , he'll write a song about how a bunch of crazy fans learn new languages like french :naughty:

About the song, I don't understand it, i like the music and mika looks so cute :wub2:here that the first time i just stared at the vid, not taking in any lyrics and then heard it again :teehee:

Thanks Miro- I like it a lot more now- looks like there's some mischief or irony in it- guess I'll be getting my French dictionary out as well as using the translations

I jolly well hope someone's got a close up of Martin- he looks like a miserable revolutionary or puritan or something if that's him in the background

Yes I wouldn't mind hearing an English version of this.

Me too! :wub2:

:naughty: i just love the way we all get together and try to figure out the lyrics out of vids & try to translate for everyone to understand & make sense of it all :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, thanks for the lyrics and translations -- I had the gist of it, but

wasn't confident in my interpretation at all! :thumb_yello:

I already love Elle Me Dit and now this :blink: ? It's way better than EMD. I don't speak French, but it still has a magical effect on me. It doesn't matter if I understand what he says or not, I can feel to emotions that he put into the songs and this is, what matter to me. :teehee:

Me too, the song is beautiful and he sings it so magnificently!

I love the song, I think I know why he wrote it in french well in my opinion it's kind of different from the other song it's kind of more explicit maybe that's why, and being in another language that not everybody speaks it's like if it were hid into a metaphor.. and also maybe he wanted to use languages like we were choosing to use either guitar or piano.. to choose what sounds better..

or.. maybe he just wanted to appreciate french fans and i'm talking nonsense lol

I really love everything about the song!.. and in french it gives it like an special atmosphere and a special touch to the song..

Thanks everyone for the videos and the lyrics and translations ! ..

Edited by GlitterDreams
(sorry for any misspelling)

i actually quite love this song:teehee:

The lyrics in french sound a bit odd for mika... he write really better in english, but the essential of the song REALLY sounds like him:wub2:

im in love:fangurl:

That's it Rox, the essential of the song really sounds like him :clap:

and I'm also in love :fangurl:

We feel just the same :group_hug:

Well I think I said it a million times before but this song is totally on my side of the street and I have already listened to these little footages from the Compiegne gig for a trillion times.

However, what I really like about it is that composing manner of his, that he actually used in a couple more songs, Any other world for instance. I'm talking about that beginning, just like a pulse and then violins making their way throughout the song and BANG, the violins are taking over and everything gets a little funkier. I really enjoyed that in 82, Rue des Martyrs. Cannot wait to listen to the studio version though, without any other noises like people screaming and stuff :aah:

So far so good though.

PS, I am the only one that thinks "82, Rue des Martyrs" is a way better title than simply "Karen"? I find it incredible fascinating and intriguing that way.

Edited by Cherisse

Well I think I said it a million times before but this song is totally on my side of the street and I have already listened to these little footages from the Compiegne gig for a trillion times.

However, what I really like about it is that composing manner of his, that he actually used in a couple more songs, Any other world for instance. I'm talking about that beginning, just like a pulse and then violins making their way throughout the song and BANG, the violins are taking over and everything gets a little funkier. I really enjoyed that in 82, Rue des Martyrs. Cannot wait to listen to the studio version though, without any other noises like people screaming and stuff :aah:

So far so good though.

PS, I am the only one that thinks "82, Rue des Martyrs" is a way better title than simply "Karen"? I find it incredible fascinating and intriguing that way.

I like "82, Rue des Martyrs", but I can only pronounce "Karen". :teehee:

So far so good though.

me too! :teehee:

Well.. Maybe I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread but..

I'd REALLY like to know what he's singing in there..:aah: I Love it SO SO much..:fangurl: I'd like to put French and English lyrics next to each other so I could get what he's singing..:aah:

Well.. Maybe I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread but..

I'd REALLY like to know what he's singing in there..:aah: I Love it SO SO much..:fangurl: I'd like to put French and English lyrics next to each other so I could get what he's singing..:aah:

Well, if you weren't so lazy, you'd find that both French lyrics and English

translation are already here in this thread, thanks to several MFCers. :wink2:

Seriously, thanks to w-lil, Roxane, guylaine and crazyaboutmika for helping

out with that. :flowers2: I wish my French were better!

Well, if you weren't so lazy, you'd find that both French lyrics and English

translation are already here in this thread, thanks to several MFCers. :wink2:

Seriously, thanks to w-lil, Roxane, guylaine and crazyaboutmika for helping

out with that. :flowers2: I wish my French were better!

Geesas..I'm so pathetic.. Sorry..=(

And yes.. Many thanks !!! :flowers2::huglove:

:wub2::wub2:

thats why MFC exists:wub2:

I love the song, I think I know why he wrote it in french well in my opinion it's kind of different from the other song it's kind of more explicit maybe that's why

I agree with this i dont think it would 'translate' very well for the british market, but i do quite like the song.... even more so after the lyrics/translation and a big thanks to those who helped to do this:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the lyrics & translations :thumb_yello:

I love this song. While listening to it the feeling "this song has something" arrose in me. And after listening to it my only thought was "I have to listen to it again".

And now I have listened to it on repeat and I love it more and more.

I like the non-standard structure and the changing of melody & of slow/fast. And although I didn't know what the song was about until now I "understood" it emotionally because of the way Mika sings it.

I cannot hear any melody in this song, and it's not a dance song...so, what's this? :shocked:

it's slow...and then some 'boom boom' but it never flies!

I don't like it at all, it's the worst of the new 3 songs for me.

I repeat myself, but i feel Mika's genius collapsing fast.

I cannot hear any melody in this song, and it's not a dance song...so, what's this? :shocked:

it's slow...and then some 'boom boom' but it never flies!

I don't like it at all, it's the worst of the new 3 songs for me.

Sadly, I agree with you. :sad: I tried to listen to it several times but the only tune I can recall it is the Viva la Vida bit, which he MUST get rid of when he records this even if it is just a bonus track on the French edition.