82, rue des Martyrs (Karen) - Discussion

The song has been growing on me, and now I love it :wub2:

I get goosebumps while listening to it (lyrics + interpretation)

like singing along :blush-anim-cl:

Looking forward to the French version of the new album :fangurl:

Yes, me too! I'm really happy he has finally decided to come up with singles in French as well, because I'm sure he wanted to do this since he first came out, but being a British singer at an English-speaking (mostly) record company is not exactly the path to an exclusive French-songs-career, I'd say :teehee:

But he's so good at it and I'm glad he'll finally include some on the album :wink2:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, me too! I'm really happy he has finally decided to come up with singles in French as well, because I'm sure he wanted to do this since he first came out, but being a British singer at an English-speaking (mostly) record company is not exactly the path to an exclusive French-songs-career, I'd say :teehee:

But he's so good at it and I'm glad he'll finally include some on the album :wink2:

The problem he's created for himself, though, is that the Spanish will want a Spanish song, The Italians will want an Italian song... Need I go on...?

The problem he's created for himself, though, is that the Spanish will want a Spanish song, The Italians will want an Italian song... Need I go on...?

oh, i'm dutch speaking, but i don't want him to sing in dutch:teehee:

i did want him to sing in french, so i'm happy :teehee::wub2:

In Porto some fan asked to Mika, when a song in spanish?

but he didn't answer.... poor Mika he has a serious problem if he has to do songs with all the languages :mf_rosetinted:

and I'm spanish and I like songs in english, french, I think the most important is his music and his voice...

For me Karen is a jewel :wub2:

Edited by Mikasister

but he didn't answer.... poor Mika he has a serious problem if he has to do songs with all the languages :mf_rosetinted:

and I'm spanish and I like songs in english, french, I think the most important is his music and his voice...

He must sing something in Slovak or I´ll stop loving him :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Perhaps he was too kind to talk to the public in their own language, no matter what country he went to, during last year's tour. He kind of spoils us with all these things he does for his public. And yes, I don't necessarily want him to sing in my own language (actually, not at all :roftl:), but what I mean was that I'm sure he would've done French songs from the moment he came out if he had known that those were going to launch him in the music industry.

That's what I think, anyway.

Noooo, I don't believe you, it's impossible not to love him,you're joking :mf_rosetinted:

Do you think? :mf_rosetinted: Of course I expect a song in Slovak, so do all fans from Afghanistan,Albania,Algeria,Andorra,Angola,Antigua & Barbuda,Argentina,Armenia,Australia,Austria,Azerbaijan,Bahamas,Bahrain,Bangladesh

,Barbados,Belarus,Belgium,Belize,Benin,Bhutan,Bolivia,Bosnia & Herzegovina,Botswana,Brazil,Brunei Darussalam,Bulgaria,Burkina Faso,Burma,Burundi,Cambodia,Cameroon,Canada,Cape Verde,Central African Republic,Chad,Chile,China,Colombia,Comoros,Congo,Democratic Republic of the Costa Rica,Côte d'Ivoire,Croatia,Cuba,Cyprus,Czech Republic,Denmark,Djibouti,Dominica,Dominican Republic,Ecuador,East Timor,Egypt,El Salvador,Equatorial Guinea,Eritrea,Estonia,Ethiopia,Fiji,Finland,Gabon,Gambia,The

Georgia,Germany ,Ghana,Greece,Grenada,Guatemala,Guinea,Guyana,Haiti,Honduras,Hungary,Iceland,India,

Indonesia,Iran,Iraq,Ireland,Israel,Italy,Jamaica,Japan,Jordan,Kazakhstan,Kenya

Kiribati,Korea,Kosovo,Kuwait,Kyrgyzstan,Laos,Latvia,Lebanon,Lesotho,Liberia

Libya,Liechtenstein,Lithuania,Luxembourg,Macedonia,Madagascar,Malawi,Malaysia

Maldives,Mali,Malta,Marshall Islands,Mauritania,Mauritius,Mexico,Micronesia,

Moldova,Monaco,Mongolia,Montenegro,Morocco,Mozambique,Myanmar,Namibia,

Nauru,Nepal,The Netherlands,New Zealand,Nicaragua,Niger ,Nigeria,Norway,Northern Ireland,Oman,Pakistan,Palau,Palestinian State,Panama,Papua New Guinea,Paraguay,Peru,Philippines,Poland,Portugal,

Qatar,Romania,Russia,Rwanda,St. Kitts & Nevis,St. Lucia,St. Vincent & The Grenadines,Samoa,San Marino,São Tomé & Príncipe,Saudi Arabia,Scotland,Senegal,Serbia,Seychelles,Sierra Leone,Singapore,Slovenia,Solomon Islands,

Somalia,South Africa,Spain,Sri Lanka,Sudan,Suriname,Swaziland,Sweden,

Switzerland,Syria,Taiwan,Tajikistan,Tanzania,Thailand,Togo,Tonga,Trinidad & Tobago,Tunisia,Turkey,Turkmenistan,Tuvalu,Uganda,Ukraine,United Arab Emirates,Uruguay,Uzbekistan,Vanuatu,Vatican,Venezuela,Vietnam,Western Sahara,Wales,Yemen,Zaire,Zambia and Zimbabwe!!!!!!! :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Do you think? :mf_rosetinted: Of course I expect a song in Slovak, so do all fans from Afghanistan,Albania,Algeria,Andorra,Angola,Antigua & Barbuda,Argentina,Armenia,Australia,Austria,Azerbaijan,Bahamas,Bahrain,Bangladesh

,Barbados,Belarus,Belgium,Belize,Benin,Bhutan,Bolivia,Bosnia & Herzegovina,Botswana,Brazil,Brunei Darussalam,Bulgaria,Burkina Faso,Burma,Burundi,Cambodia,Cameroon,Canada,Cape Verde,Central African Republic,Chad,Chile,China,Colombia,Comoros,Congo,Democratic Republic of the Costa Rica,Côte d'Ivoire,Croatia,Cuba,Cyprus,Czech Republic,Denmark,Djibouti,Dominica,Dominican Republic,Ecuador,East Timor,Egypt,El Salvador,Equatorial Guinea,Eritrea,Estonia,Ethiopia,Fiji,Finland,Gabon,Gambia,The

Georgia,Germany ,Ghana,Greece,Grenada,Guatemala,Guinea,Guyana,Haiti,Honduras,Hungary,Iceland,India,

Indonesia,Iran,Iraq,Ireland,Israel,Italy,Jamaica,Japan,Jordan,Kazakhstan,Kenya

Kiribati,Korea,Kosovo,Kuwait,Kyrgyzstan,Laos,Latvia,Lebanon,Lesotho,Liberia

Libya,Liechtenstein,Lithuania,Luxembourg,Macedonia,Madagascar,Malawi,Malaysia

Maldives,Mali,Malta,Marshall Islands,Mauritania,Mauritius,Mexico,Micronesia,

Moldova,Monaco,Mongolia,Montenegro,Morocco,Mozambique,Myanmar,Namibia,

Nauru,Nepal,The Netherlands,New Zealand,Nicaragua,Niger ,Nigeria,Norway,Northern Ireland,Oman,Pakistan,Palau,Palestinian State,Panama,Papua New Guinea,Paraguay,Peru,Philippines,Poland,Portugal,

Qatar,Romania,Russia,Rwanda,St. Kitts & Nevis,St. Lucia,St. Vincent & The Grenadines,Samoa,San Marino,São Tomé & Príncipe,Saudi Arabia,Scotland,Senegal,Serbia,Seychelles,Sierra Leone,Singapore,Slovenia,Solomon Islands,

Somalia,South Africa,Spain,Sri Lanka,Sudan,Suriname,Swaziland,Sweden,

Switzerland,Syria,Taiwan,Tajikistan,Tanzania,Thailand,Togo,Tonga,Trinidad & Tobago,Tunisia,Turkey,Turkmenistan,Tuvalu,Uganda,Ukraine,United Arab Emirates,Uruguay,Uzbekistan,Vanuatu,Vatican,Venezuela,Vietnam,Western Sahara,Wales,Yemen,Zaire,Zambia and Zimbabwe!!!!!!! :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:[/QUOT

Hahahahaha!!!!

You're crazy, poor Mika :aah: He'll have a lot of work in the future:roftl::roftl:

Marilyn, I don't think anyone is expecting him singing in other languages, we know French is a special language to him :wink2:

• 3 months later...
Yeah that is true. But this sounds like something from the 70's to me. And that's a decade best forgotten IMO.

Yes that's it! The song sounds dated. I've been trying to think how to describe what I think of it - thanks Bab :thumb_yello:

Yeah that is true. But this sounds like something from the 70's to me. And that's a decade best forgotten IMO.

The Kinks, Janis Joplin, Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, The Byrds... For me the 70´s were kinda the best decade un rock music... Maybe here is where we differ and it explains why we disagree on this song :aah:

The Kinks, Janis Joplin, Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, The Byrds... For me the 70´s were kinda the best decade un rock music... Maybe here is where we differ and it explains why we disagree on this song :aah:

A lot of those were the 60's surely?

Hmm I'm talking more of Brotherhood of Man or Paper Lace and dodgy Eurovision winners.....that's what it reminds me of. Not the good part of the 70s if there was one.

Hmm I'm talking more of Brotherhood of Man or Paper Lace and dodgy Eurovision winners.....that's what it reminds me of. Not the good part of the 70s if there was one.

LOL I was just 3yo when 70s finished, but I have old cousins who cared about my musical education :mf_rosetinted:

Now I understand what you mean. I think it was in those years when a Spanish girl won Eurovision with a song called "LA LA LA" :mf_rosetinted:

I can´t explain why I like some songs and why I dislikes any others... I´m not trained in music... But somehow I loved this song since the first time I heard it and in the other hand I "hated" UW (now I´m used to it and I like it though) but the rhythm of UW caught me at first. I still can´t listen to Any Other World without making this face :thumbdown: and I know most of you love it... I guess it´s just a matter of how a song makes you feel...

LOL I was just 3yo when 70s finished, but I have old cousins who cared about my musical education :mf_rosetinted:

Now I understand what you mean. I think it was in those years when a Spanish girl won Eurovision with a song called "LA LA LA" :mf_rosetinted:

I can´t explain why I like some songs and why I dislike many others... I´m not trained in music... But somehow I loved this song since the first time I heard it and in the other hand I "hated" UW (now I´m used to it and I like it though) but the rhythm of Karen caught me at first. I still can´t listen to Any Other World without making this face :thumbdown: and I know most of you love it... I guess it´s just a matter of how a song makes you feel...

• 3 months later...

Ooh this song is brilliant. Although Elle me Dit and Blame it on the weather did not give me that 'ooh' kind of feeling for me at first, Karen( 82 Rue Des Martyr ) really did. Just a shame it probably won't be released in England.

Although I know 'viva la vida' by coldplay, I don't think Karen ever sounds like it. Underwater has very similar ( if not the same) chords to 'set fire tO the rain'. This is no plagiarism though, and I doubt if Mika has even heard ' set fire to the rain', it's just a common chord progression. Mika usually does this , and puts wonderful melodies and harmonies on top. (good for my slightly haphazard self-taught piano playing!)

Sorry, dont see how this song could be second rate or not singing. Maybe you are talking about Elle Me Dit. IMO this is not mika's best song ever, but is still really catchy ( I'm always going round singing 'danse ,

Danse, danse!)