Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

i love the song and lyrics but what i can't understand is how can't the artist listen to both voices and see that they do not compliment each other. I just don't get it. Alot of artist do this and it annoys the freak out of me. I can hear, and I know they can hear so WHY?!...WHy oh y.?:shocked:

sorry for my improper english.

I think understand what you mean. Besides this, what I also find difficult to imagine is how Mika came up with these lyrics..:blink:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said that the songs wouldn't be smoochy love songs. This definitely is one :naughty:

:naughty: It's true.

I like this song very much! Am I the only one who prefers BIOTW among the new three songs??

I think the performance at Paleo festival is the best!

I think understand what you mean. Besides this, what I also find difficult to imagine is how Mika came up with these lyrics..:blink:

He was either obsessively in love or pretty f*cking wasted?:naughty:

He was either obsessively in love or pretty f*cking wasted?:naughty:

:roftl:

I have two theories :

1. He sat down to write a beautiful love song with no particular story in mind or real feeling to draw from, so he just happened to end up with some vague metaphors about the sky, the weather and some storm brewing, then threw in some words like 'guilty' and 'adore' to make it sound grandiose and heartfelt and then he rang Ida with the news that they have a duet. :pinkbow:

2. He has been / is in this kind of passionate love that may not even be equal since one adores the other one :bow: and can add nothing but that to the relationship. They want to run away from it but they just can't. :tears: In fact, the adoring one knows it won't last long, so encourages the other one to enjoy the moment while it lasts. :rolls_eyes:

So basically, I just can't connect with the lyrics. :dunno:

Edited by suzie

I have two theories :

1. He sat down to write a beautiful love song with no particular story in mind or real feeling to draw from, so he just happened to end up with some vague metaphors about the sky, the weather and some storm brewing, then threw in some words like 'guilty' and 'adore' to make it sound grandiose and heartfelt and then he rang Ida with the news that they have a duet. :pinkbow:

2. He has been / is in this kind of passionate love that may not even be equal since one adores the other one :bow: and can add nothing but that to the relationship. They want to run away from it but they just can't. :tears: In fact, the adoring one knows it won't last long, so encourages the other one to enjoy the moment while it lasts. :rolls_eyes:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

I have two theories :

:lmfao:

first one sounds better to me :das:

I have two theories :

I've been hoping for a real love song for a long time...and that is what I got!:teehee::naughty:

Could it be more sappy?:biggrin2:

I think you have a point there. He and Ida was comparing their most passionate love songs, written by them when they were teenagers and... bim bada boom...BIOTW was born!:roftl:

But maybe it will grow on us when we can listen to a studio version!:wink2:

Oh, I´m in love with the song even now! I can´t take it out of my mind. And I don´t think that lyrics are that wrong, I like them. All I mind is Ida´s too sharp. Mika´s voice sounds like a velvet hext to her. I wouldn´t mind it if they fit together. But they, unfortunately clearly don´t. I´d completely love that song if Ida was singing it with someone else, or Mika with someone else. :thumb_yello:

he has such an obsession with using the words "Blame it on..." I mean here's the songs he's used it so far:

BIOTW

BIOTG

R,TIE

I see a trend here.... ;)

I noticed that too :aah:

1st album - he blames me and you in Relax.

2nd album - he blames girls and boys

3rd album - he blames .. the weather!

he kind of expanded the list of offenders :teehee: first it was 2 people, then all the people, now natural phenomenon.. wow! :aah:

I vote for blaming the atmosphere next time :cheerful_h4h:

But don´t take me wrong way. I like this Mika´s blaming too much :teehee:

I totally love this song! It's amazing! It's sweet and its knid and melancholic' date=' it uses metaphors but it's still quite direct. I love it I love it I looooove it!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me what he's saying in the intro in the Switzerland video?[/quote']

He's telling that normally, before going on stage he's rarely nervous but that night, with everything which happened he was feeling devastated. So, he thanks the public for their help because they made it easier.

Then he says that he's going to sing a new song with Ida. He says about her that she's a friend of him from college and that they recorded "Happy ending" in a garage near his home in London seven years ago. About the song, he says that it's called "blame it on the weather"...

I hope I helped you a little bit :wink2:

he kind of expanded the list of offenders :teehee: first it was 2 people, then all the people, now natural phenomenon.. wow! :aah:

When he got stuck in Paris after the Coca cola showcase last April, he blamed the volcano :roftl::teehee:

I think on album 4, he blame it on the boogie.

Oh, hang on MJ already did that:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I really don't think he ought to play the "blame game". :wink2:

But I'm trying to figure out just WHAT is he blaming on the weather?

Their arguing? Their falling in love? I'm unclear. :blink:

I really don't think he ought to play the "blame game". :wink2:

But I'm trying to figure out just WHAT is he blaming on the weather?

Their arguing? Their falling in love? I'm unclear. :blink:

I don't think he means literal weather. I think by "weather," he means the conditions and events in their lives that they can't control that have an effect on their relationship. I think he's blaming the weather for the arguing, since he uses words like "guilty" and "won't last too long."

Edited by WeirdDuck

I don't think he means literal weather. I think by "weather," he means the conditions and events in their lives that they can't control that have an effect on their relationship. I think he's blaming the weather for the arguing, since he uses words like "guilty" and "won't last too long."

I'm pretty sure Deb didn't mean the weather literally, and I also think that he blames their arguments, 'misbehavior' and conflicts on the weather. I believe the 'won't last too long' refers to their relationship and not to their arguments.

In the meantime, I have developed a 3rd interpretation, according to which it could be a "can't live with or without you ' song he totally means and that makes him a big softie :roftl:

Anyway, I am posting again here because today I was on a 7-hour long journey and this song kept playing in my head. :insane: I hate to love it:aah:. It is not even the duet I hear, only the piano at the beginning and the harmonies with Mika's voice only.:blink: I want him badly to record this song now but turn it upside down and inside out first.:teehee:

Anyway, I am posting again here because today I was on a 7-hour long journey and this song kept playing in my head. :insane: I hate to love it:aah:. It is not even the duet I hear, only the piano at the beginning and the harmonies with Mika's voice only.:blink:I want him badly to record this song now but turn it upside down and inside out first.:teehee:

I know how you feel, it's really a song that likes sticking to people's minds, lol :roftl:

I totally agree with the bolded part. After having listened to it for so many times, the combination of their voices (which made me keep aloof in the first place) seems perfectly normal to my ears now. I only wish he had... I dunno, some deeper or more developed lyrics to it :aah:

I know how you feel, it's really a song that likes sticking to people's minds, lol :roftl:

I totally agree with the bolded part. After having listened to it for so many times, the combination of their voices (which made me keep aloof in the first place) seems perfectly normal to my ears now. I only wish he had... I dunno, some deeper or more developed lyrics to it :aah:

I had a feeling ppl would start to warm to this song. I can't get it out of my head, apart from the times when my brain's MP3 player switches to Elle Me Dit or Karen.

I think we've got some great new songs and they are all different styles. The smoochy romantic duet (BIOTW) the tragic anthem (Karen) and the dancy pop song (EMD)

Only Mika would give us such variety in his music, in just the three songs we know about from the new album I just know his album will be sensational.