Emily / She Tells Me - Elle Me Dit in English

Even if I personally am a little pensive about what is going to happen with his great music-talent and what kind of performances he is going to have in the future, we can't deny that he has a big audience and more and more fans are coming along. Or maybe I have missed something?:wink2:

You mean new fans on MFC? There surely are always ones who find us eventually (usually after having spoken to MFCers at gigs) but there a a lot of fans who I haven't heard from for ages.

I think no-one knows for sure how big his current fanbase is. The gig in Compiégne hasn't attracted half the people they were originally expecting but that was due to many reasons, so I wouldn't draw conclusions about that. However, the fact that EMD was released only in France first and it was not until weeks / months later that its release is considered in other countries probably shows that there isn't really much interest for him :dunno: (They are likely to have waited until EMD proved to be a hit in France first.)

I'm with those who found this recent Mozart-ish "Napolean/Marie Antoinette" set to be over the top. I was watching the video of that one gig that was recorded in its entirety and I found the set and the costumes to be incredibly distracting.

Now, I wasn't there, so I'll include the disclaimer that sure, it may have been different in person. But I just don't see the point of it all. The swaying paintings were visually distracting, and the costumes made it hard to take the performers (both Mika and the band) seriously. It's not unlike Gaga. Sure she might be a fantastic singer, but it's hard to take the music seriously when she's doing outrageous things like running around in a meat dress or arriving at some event in a giant egg. :rolls_eyes: And as others have said, when a musician starts doing this sort of thing it tends to make you wonder what sort of vocal/instrumental shortcomings they're attempting to distract their audience from by using all these theatrics.

And in Mika's case, it seems these things tend to get more of his attention than the music - the music which should, IMHO, be the most important part. It seems that he's prioritizing the costumes and the set first and foremost, devoting his time and energy to those things - and, once those things are ironed out, THEN focusing on the music, the lyrics, etc. Which explains why the costumes are really well done but, as others have said, he's taping lyrics to the floor and dancing on his piano instead of, you know, playing it.

That's why the acoustic tour was so special. It was just real musicans playing real music and, apart from a few sparkly hats on some string players, there were no theatrical elements to detract from the music. And I think that scares Mika a little, tbh. He actually said to a few of us after one of the acoustic shows "...these shows are so hard because it's all about the music, mostly."

Edited by lollipop_monkey

But why is he making last minute decisions about singing songs that he is not prepared for? And what about the French version that he was forgetting because he didn't have the lyrics in front of him?

I know everyone thinks it's cute but I have been to a lot of gigs in my day. Everything from Motley Crue to Diana Ross and I have never noticed anyone unprepared to sing their own songs.

I think that's the reaction the general public will have to him if they hear songs like EMD with distorted vocals and see pictures of him dressed up like Mozart.

I've always assumed that Gaga did it for the attention and one day she will strip it down and make her real voice heard but Mika seems to be moving in the opposite direction. When I first bought a ticket to his gig I didn't even know what he really looked like (I'd only seen that LICM promo shot that doesn't look like him at all). I'm sure that was the case for many people who saw him in those days. I don't know why he wants to alienate that early audience and jeopardize his reputation as a legitimate musician, especially since those people were buying more records.

I clearly saw Bon Jovi using video monitors with the lyrics in their last show in Montreal:mf_rosetinted:

That's why the acoustic tour was so special. It was just real musicans playing real music and, apart from a few sparkly hats on some string players, there were no theatrical elements to detract from the music. And I think that scares Mika a little, tbh. He actually said to a few of us after one of the acoustic shows "...these shows are so hard because it's all about the music, mostly."

Yes, I think that scares him, too. Little Noise must be one of the best performances I've seen from him and he was really nervous there and had some difficulties to start some songs (but it went over quickly and he was really good).

This set was only for the summer festival tour and yes, I think he needed it to feel safe. I don't think he had time to be prepared enough to give him confidence to start a "tour" without something new to show. And again, it was not necessary, he did his best performance in Hungary, in his white t-shirt and with the old flower curtain (he started his eyes closed, he didn't even look at the audience before he realized people like him, that everything is fine :roftl:). Maybe it was also too terrifying to start a festival tour without something to distract media, and I think he likes the image he gives (did you see the Vogue blog from Ibiza, btw, I liked it).

When I saw the set I was very proud of him, because it was really much better than the previous one and it was really cute to see how excited he was to bring it to some of those venues. I can't help it, it was so adorable and funny to see the set under the statue of Napoleon (even though my personal opinion is that I want to see him in a simple outfit). It can't be same when you see only videos but it really was quite special.

But now I hope he is using his time and energy to make music and a small acoustic tour would be the best thing I can imagine :wub2: He can bring Ida or some other friends with him if it gives him security.

Edited by tiibet

How is it possible that Mika still gets nervous when he´s on stage?? I mean... he´s doing this for many years... and doing fine, btw. But yes, we all have seen how he closes his eyes in every gig till the audience replies and he feels comfy. About the costumes being perfectly finished, whilst Mika needs to tap lyrics on the floor, I guess it´s not his fault. I mean, it´s his mom who is doing the costumes, and he has had like 5 months of doing nothing (and don´t misinterpret me, I mean that being used to be on tour for almost 2 years, being at home must be like holidays for her) while Mika hasn´t been rehearsing at all... he´s been travelling around the world recording his new album,and collaborating with other musicians. I really think this mini tour has been like a pain in his ass at the beginning, till he got the mood to do it. (no need to mention the disaster of EMD when it was released... don´t forget it was finished just 24 hours before and he didn´t even know the lyrics when he needed to perform it neither in the radio the first time nor in the first gig).

As Guy pointed before, he also focused in the stage and things when he prepared PDP gig, so I guess it´s his own idea of doing great gigs. At the beginning it wasn´t like this, I agree here, but don´t forget how he put a big effort in his art even before the first album was released. He said (at least while promoting Imaginarium Tour) that his gigs are not normal ones, but a whole world created by his own mind, and what he wanted was to bring the audience to his world, not only with his music but with everything.

And now, let´s go back to London, the Secret Gig... no costumes, no distractions... and Mika almost the WHOLE GIG with eyes closed... and when he wasn´t with eyes closed, he was staring to Cherisse or David.... :dunno:

Maybe he´s not as confident as he pretends, and is still terrified about liking or not. And of course, festivals is not the best way to feel the connection between him and us, it´s not like a gig where he´s the one performing, and he´s sure that everybody there has paid to see him...

Maybe watching vids all this MA set is distracting, but seriously, seeing it live, it´s not distracting at all. I don´t "love" it, but I understand that Mika "needs" it to keep his eyes opened :aah: so I accept it. And I like the idea of him creating a whole world around him as long as he doesn´t "forget" how to play piano etc.

And I love when MFCers discuss these things in such a intelligent way :huglove:

In 2007 Mika would walk into a record shop with nothing but a keyboard while hundreds of random people crowded around gawking at him. He acted like he was playing for friends in his living room. It seems to me that his increasing use of all this extraneous stuff has caused him to develop an inhibition against performing stripped down and not the other way around.

And now, let´s go back to London, the Secret Gig... no costumes, no distractions... and Mika almost the WHOLE GIG with eyes closed... and when he wasn´t with eyes closed, he was staring to Cherisse or David.... :dunno:

:blink:It wasn't like that at all. I was there...

He kept eyecontact with some of us (those who decided not to sit close, as they were out of his sight) throughout the gig, even asking for help with the lyrics...etc :roftl: and then there was a point (I think after Toy Boy) when he started to sing with his eyes closed and not looking at us during the songs.

My feeling about it was that he reached a point at which he felt embarrassed by not knowing either the chords or the lyrics of the songs. To be honest, I was embarrassed for him, too. I never mentioned it before here as everyone there experienced the gig differently, depending on their view and their take on the performance and I don't want to get into arguments about this. I felt as if he was totally lost and not there in mind at all.

At the same time, it was absolutely the real him and there were points during where you could realise where his talent is. I was really glad and thankful that I was offered a chance to be there as it was a chance very few could ever have. It was like listening to him 'naked', if you know what I mean. I would definitely not compare this to any other 'official' performance of him.

Edited by suzie

In 2007 Mika would walk into a record shop with nothing but a keyboard with hundreds of random people crowded around gawking at him and act like he was playing for friends in his living room. It seems to me that his increasing use of all this extraneous stuff has caused him to develop an inhibition against performing stripped down and not the other way around.

Maybe it's some kind of circle (even caused by himself) and he just needs to get out of it? So now he just needs to do a few striped down shows and he can discover the fun of it again.

(I can already imagine him planning new show elements and drawing some cover art :teehee:)

@suzie Thanks for describing the Magic points gig so well, this was much how I experienced it too.

Edited by tiibet

Little Noise session was just WOW :swoon: That's THE one concert i regret never seeing live. :wub2:

I have watched those vids so many times, i probably account for 50% of the view numbers on youtube :aah:

You could tell he was very nervous/unsure & yet, he had to be the one leading the entire thing. It can't be easy, that's for sure. But the Kings Singers were absolutely great & a perfect match for him.

When he is on tour, i guess they don't need to practice much, as they do it constantly. But when you take a pause from touring, i think he definitely needs it to get back in top shape.

I can understand him being nervous when he goes on stage, i wouldn't be able to do it, :naughty: but that's the choice he made, it's part of his job.

I hope he is using his time and energy to make music and a small acoustic tour would be the best thing I can imagine :wub2: He can bring Ida or some other friends with him if it gives him security.

The way I see it at the moment is that even though these props are adding to his confidence on stage, it is a false sense of security as far as him giving an outstanding performance is concerned. I cannot remember any performance of BIOTW this summer where he could start his part properly and sing in tune throughout the song. I guess he realises that, too, so he might think that at least the audience doesn't notice being too engaged with the set and the games he plays on stage...etc. Surely it is difficult to notice and be annoyed by it when you are there but let's not forget that it can be rather off-putting to find bad quality songs on Youtube. It can lead to fans disregarding him as a musician.

@basicamenteyo Concerning his nervousness, what I don't understand is how he could sing new songs perfectly live earlier in his career and what it is that is getting in the way now. :dunno: I guess it is simply the lack of practice and because he is aware of it, he is nervous about how he will cope with being unprepared.

How is it possible that Mika still gets nervous when he´s on stage?? I mean... he´s doing this for many years... and doing fine, btw. But yes, we all have seen how he closes his eyes in every gig till the audience replies and he feels comfy. About the costumes being perfectly finished, whilst Mika needs to tap lyrics on the floor, I guess it´s not his fault. I mean, it´s his mom who is doing the costumes, and he has had like 5 months of doing nothing (and don´t misinterpret me, I mean that being used to be on tour for almost 2 years, being at home must be like holidays for her) while Mika hasn´t been rehearsing at all... he´s been travelling around the world recording his new album,and collaborating with other musicians. I really think this mini tour has been like a pain in his ass at the beginning, till he got the mood to do it. (no need to mention the disaster of EMD when it was released... don´t forget it was finished just 24 hours before and he didn´t even know the lyrics when he needed to perform it neither in the radio the first time nor in the first gig).

As Guy pointed before, he also focused in the stage and things when he prepared PDP gig, so I guess it´s his own idea of doing great gigs. At the beginning it wasn´t like this, I agree here, but don´t forget how he put a big effort in his art even before the first album was released. He said (at least while promoting Imaginarium Tour) that his gigs are not normal ones, but a whole world created by his own mind, and what he wanted was to bring the audience to his world, not only with his music but with everything.

Maybe he´s not as confident as he pretends, and is still terrified about liking or not. And of course, festivals is not the best way to feel the connection between him and us, it´s not like a gig where he´s the one performing, and he´s sure that everybody there has paid to see him...

Maybe watching vids all this MA set is distracting, but seriously, seeing it live, it´s not distracting at all. I don´t "love" it, but I understand that Mika "needs" it to keep his eyes opened :aah: so I accept it. And I like the idea of him creating a whole world around him as long as he doesn´t "forget" how to play piano etc.

And I love when MFCers discuss these things in such a intelligent way :huglove:

Believe me, Mika is not alone in being nervous on stage, even seasoned artists get stage fright.

In the interview after the U2 Glastonbury performance, Bono said at the start of one song, he almost threw up, he was so terrified!

So it doesn't matter how long you've been doing shows, it can still affect you

hey everyone, just got a reply from labelbarclay, I posted to twitter updates thread. Maybe you´d be interested :naughty:

@LuciiNa @labelbarclay don´t you know if @mikasounds will release Elle Me Dit in English too? he sang it on Das festival.. :)

1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

in reply to ↑

@labelbarclay @LuciiNa no idea right now

You mean new fans on MFC? There surely are always ones who find us eventually (usually after having spoken to MFCers at gigs) but there a a lot of fans who I haven't heard from for ages.

I think no-one knows for sure how big his current fanbase is. The gig in Compiégne hasn't attracted half the people they were originally expecting but that was due to many reasons, so I wouldn't draw conclusions about that. However, the fact that EMD was released only in France first and it was not until weeks / months later that its release is considered in other countries probably shows that there isn't really much interest for him :dunno: (They are likely to have waited until EMD proved to be a hit in France first.)

Yes I'm referring to all new enthusiastic fans who are coming in to the MFC in a constant stream and to all the festival and concert goer this summer. Isn't he selling out full houses?

I know I haven't been following him like I used to do, sorry. I'm mostly logging in from time to time to see what my old concert buddies and Internet friends are up to, and making sure I don't miss any bigger events Mika-wise.

Like new songs.:wink2:

He has never had that real take off as an artist, like some of his earlier party friends like Katy Perry, Adele and Lady Gaga. I'm a little sad about that because I think his musical talent goes wide above their (well maybe not Adele:teehee:).

I hear them on the radio all the time, very seldom Mika.:blink:

But from this distant point of view it seems to me like he's doing good in southern Europe.

But at Sadler's Wells which was a bit late on the tour, maybe the last one I don't remember, he was back to balloons and confetti and the whole stage was covered in gum wrapper, remember?:naughty:

In 2007 Mika would walk into a record shop with nothing but a keyboard while hundreds of random people crowded around gawking at him. He acted like he was playing for friends in his living room. It seems to me that his increasing use of all this extraneous stuff has caused him to develop an inhibition against performing stripped down and not the other way around.

I miss those days. Not that I personally was to any record shop gig, but I was fortunate enough to be on the private gig in Stockholm and it was the best concert ever! There was no stage just a small step and Cherisse didn't have room for her set of drums, she was playing on a box resemble thing!

Best show ever!:wub2:

*will it ever be like that again*:emot-sad:

I promise I tried but I can´t understand a word :aah: and google is not helping that much :aah: Do you mean that it´s the use of that stuff making him unconfortable to play raw and not the other way around? oh well, and now here I am making a fool of myself again... :roftl:

:blink:It wasn't like that at all. I was there...

He kept eyecontact with some of us (those who decided not to sit close, as they were out of his sight) throughout the gig, even asking for help with the lyrics...etc :roftl: and then there was a point (I think after Toy Boy) when he started to sing with his eyes closed and not looking at us during the songs.

My feeling about it was that he reached a point at which he felt embarrassed by not knowing either the chords or the lyrics of the songs. To be honest, I was embarrassed for him, too. I never mentioned it before here as everyone there experienced the gig differently, depending on their view and their take on the performance and I don't want to get into arguments about this. I felt as if he was totally lost and not there in mind at all.

At the same time, it was absolutely the real him and there were points during where you could realise where his talent is. I was really glad and thankful that I was offered a chance to be there as it was a chance very few could ever have. It was like listening to him 'naked', if you know what I mean. I would definitely not compare this to any other 'official' performance of him.

oh well, that´s what I mean that the "feelings" are not the same when you see a gig live or on youtube... that was the feeling it gave me through the vids I saw... exactly the opposite as it was... like he was all time nervous less at a couple of minutes that he was comfy. Thanks for explaining!

I promise I tried but I can´t understand a word :aah: and google is not helping that much :aah: Do you mean that it´s the use of that stuff making him unconfortable to play raw and not the other way around? oh well, and now here I am making a fool of myself again... :roftl:

oh well, that´s what I mean that the "feelings" are not the same when you see a gig live or on youtube... that was the feeling it gave me through the vids I saw... exactly the opposite as it was... like he was all time nervous less at a couple of minutes that he was comfy. Thanks for explaining!

+1 :biggrin2:

oh and .. my feeling from youtube vids from that private gig - it must have been amazing, but it was short in my opinion and I think people that came and paid a lot of money to earn those magic points and to win, maybe they deserved a little bit more of attention. :dunno:

But that´s just my point of view. :original:

The way I see it at the moment is that even though these props are adding to his confidence on stage, it is a false sense of security as far as him giving an outstanding performance is concerned. I cannot remember any performance of BIOTW this summer where he could start his part properly and sing in tune throughout the song. I guess he realises that, too, so he might think that at least the audience doesn't notice being too engaged with the set and the games he plays on stage...etc. Surely it is difficult to notice and be annoyed by it when you are there but let's not forget that it can be rather off-putting to find bad quality songs on Youtube. It can lead to fans disregarding him as a musician.

Yes, I admit I didn't upload the first version of BIOTW on Youtube even I had it. I wanted to wait better versions and I think it was better every time after that. He had rehearsed it very little before the Compiegne show and I was really happy he still wanted to sing it there. Generally I don't mind if he makes mistakes or if his voice is not always at it's best.

+1 :biggrin2:

oh and .. my feeling from youtube vids from that private gig - it must have been amazing, but it was short in my opinion and I think people that came and paid a lot of money to earn those magic points and to win, maybe they deserved a little bit more of attention. :dunno:

I think mika had another private gig around that one, maybe he was on the edge :teehee:

hey everyone, just got a reply from labelbarclay, I posted to twitter updates thread. Maybe you´d be interested

@LuciiNa @labelbarclay don´t you know if @mikasounds will release Elle Me Dit in English too? he sang it on Das festival..

1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

in reply to ↑

@labelbarclay @LuciiNa no idea right now

I am guessing that they have no idea that he even has an English version. :roftl:

But at Sadler's Wells which was a bit late on the tour, maybe the last one I don't remember, he was back to balloons and confetti and the whole stage was covered in gum wrapper, remember?

Yes it wasn't an "acoustic" tour by any stretch of the imagination. :aah: Of course everyone loves smaller gigs but small does not equal acoustic.

For me this was the right blend of show and music and everything worked together. The music was piano based so he was dressed as if he was giving a recital. He Mika'd it up a bit with a pink jacket instead of a black one and he stuck some glittery hats on his orchestra because he's still a pop singer after all, but I think the whole thing worked together. It still looked like a concert.

But he has lost me with this whole theatre business. It's not supposed to be theatre, it's a concert. If Mika could tie everything together well with a concept album and a storyline that progressed logically throughout the show it could be interesting but I don't think he's pulling that off. First of all his music is too disparate - there is no connection between Big Girls and Grace Kelly, even on the same album.

Secondly his theatrical elements are all over the place. One minute he's in an astronaut outfit, the next he's singing to a puppet, the next he's being possessed by a Technicolor Dreamcoat, the next he's pantomiming a shooting scene with his band. There are big girls marching around in Day of the Dead masks. Umm, what? I'm sure all these things make sense in Mika's head but I'm pretty sure it's not just me who doesn't know where he's going with most of this stuff until he explains it.

Andy interviewed us at length about this after the first show on the UK tour and it was very difficult to discuss at that point because I really didn't understand what was going on and didn't even notice half of it. I basically told him what I've been saying here. I really don't care about this stuff and just want to see Mika perform his songs because he is such a great singer and such a charismatic performer. I don't think that's what he wanted for the interview. :teehee:

Sorry, yes. :naughty: He appeared to be fine just performing with a tiny keyboard and nothing else. Now he has gotten used to having all these things to hide behind and now feels naked when it's not there. I think he started with all the props and costumes and stuff just because he really likes it, not because he was shy about just playing music.

These are just my observations of course, I don't know what he really thinks about these things. :dunno:

I think mika had another private gig around that one, maybe he was on the edge :teehee:

Yes I think he was distracted by the later gig, but you know, who asked him to do both gigs on the same day? :doh:

Anyway the gig itself was actually longer than I expected. It was a full set IMO (I know he does longer sets now but back in the day he only on stage for an hour so if he does as many songs as he did on his old tours it feels complete to me).

I was just watching the videos the other day because a family member wanted to see them and it really was something special for me. After the so-called "acoustic" tour (that was anything but acoustic) I never imagined in my life I would see Mika sit at a REAL piano and sing without a microphone unless I won the lottery and could afford to hire him to do a private gig to my specifications. Happy Ending was just spectacular. You can hear how loud and powerful his vocals are just from the video and the nearest microphone to Mika was up in the corner of the ceiling in the wall behind him. The audience was closer to him than the microphone so you can imagine how amazing it was to be sitting a couple of feet away in an otherwise silent room.

I think it could have been more of a special thing on a personal level if Mika had been a bit more present and more interested in interacting with the guests than the band, but as far as the music went it was really something to witness. Part of the reason I didn't go to the summer gigs is because I made this trip in January and I have to say that it was worth it. I wouldn't trade this for an hour and a half set at Compiegne and I can't imagine I'll ever get another chance to see him perform like this. I hope other people do though and they include more fans next time.

Secondly his theatrical elements are all over the place. One minute he's in an astronaut outfit, the next he's singing to a puppet, the next he's being possessed by a Technicolor Dreamcoat, the next he's pantomiming a shooting scene with his band. There are big girls marching around in Day of the Dead masks. Umm, what? I'm sure all these things make sense in Mika's head but I'm pretty sure it's not just me who doesn't know where he's going with most of this stuff until he explains it.

:roftl: :roftl:

Yes... When I saw him live first time, it was his second gig in the astronaut outfit, but the first one was the night before and I had no idea what I was going to see. It impressed me A LOT but then, when I tried to explain that to relatives or friends they were like "does he sing about space?" me: no:mf_rosetinted:... "does he sing about mexico?" "why does he kill the band?"... and then, all I can say is: "IT´S MIKA,FFS!!:aah:" which I know it´s not a good answer but it´s all that I have...

I agree... it doesn´t make so much sense and I don´t think it´s linked in Mika´s mind... I guess it´s just fun for him, cause seriously... if someone can link an astronaut with the Day of the Dead.... :loco: I want to think he just wants to make it funny. Could he do it funny with sense? maybe. But it might cost too much effort :aah:

I really wonder if he´s keeping the same "way of working" for next tour,with BG and LG or killing the band, or if he´s gonna get rid of this (yes,please,Mika,don´t kill the band again... I´ve seen Martin trying to escape from you like 08458347589347538947538945743 times now :mf_rosetinted:). And I really wonder if his music is going to evolve or (as EMD shows) he´s really stuck in his teens.

I am pretty sure there won't be any more LGs and BGs:roftl:

well, i think they have run their course :naughty:

I was reading all the BG & LG reports, i would say 85% said they couldn't see well, couldn't see anything :naughty:

it's a miracle nobody fell down :blush-anim-cl:

But he has lost me with this whole theatre business. It's not supposed to be theatre, it's a concert. If Mika could tie everything together well with a concept album and a storyline that progressed logically throughout the show it could be interesting but I don't think he's pulling that off. First of all his music is too disparate - there is no connection between Big Girls and Grace Kelly, even on the same album.

I agree!

He should really try to do a musical!

I could write the script for him and tie many of his songs together!:naughty:

Anyway the gig itself was actually longer than I expected. It was a full set IMO (I know he does longer sets now but back in the day he only on stage for an hour so if he does as many songs as he did on his old tours it feels complete to me).

I was just watching the videos the other day because a family member wanted to see them and it really was something special for me. After the so-called "acoustic" tour (that was anything but acoustic) I never imagined in my life I would see Mika sit at a REAL piano and sing without a microphone unless I won the lottery and could afford to hire him to do a private gig to my specifications. Happy Ending was just spectacular. You can hear how loud and powerful his vocals are just from the video and the nearest microphone to Mika was up in the corner of the ceiling in the wall behind him. The audience was closer to him than the microphone so you can imagine how amazing it was to be sitting a couple of feet away in an otherwise silent room.

Oh wow!:wub2:

I can imagine!:wub2::wub2:

I am pretty sure there won't be any more LGs and BGs:roftl:

Then I fell sorry for all the hopeful young fans who's big wish is to get on stage with him.

Maybe he can find another way to get them up and dancing...:wink2:

Why do you think that's an end of an era anyway?

Yes I'm referring to all new enthusiastic fans who are coming in to the MFC in a constant stream and to all the festival and concert goer this summer. Isn't he selling out full houses?

Not quite. At Compiegne, anyway, I think the capacity was 20,000 to 25,000, and they sold 8,000 to 10,000 tickets (give or take).

Even in 2010 he was on TV saying his European tour was sold out...but at some of the gigs (even Stockholm, if I recall correctly) they ended up roping off the balcony because it was empty. :dunno:

But yes, MFC continues to get new members, and people have been talking on Twitter about his festival appearances. That's always nice to see. :wub2:

When I saw the set I was very proud of him, because it was really much better than the previous one and it was really cute to see how excited he was to bring it to some of those venues. I can't help it, it was so adorable and funny to see the set under the statue of Napoleon (even though my personal opinion is that I want to see him in a simple outfit). It can't be same when you see only videos but it really was quite special.

I do see what you mean there. It's obvious how "into" the set design Mika is, and when you watch videos like the PDP documentary and you see him going "my truckssss, these are all my trucksss!!!" with giddy delight in his eyes, it becomes very clear how much it all means to him. :wub2:

Which is fine, Mika and I can disagree about what the most important element of his gigs is. I can deal with that. :naughty:

well, i think they have run their course :naughty:

I was reading all the BG & LG reports, i would say 85% said they couldn't see well, couldn't see anything :naughty:

it's a miracle nobody fell down :blush-anim-cl:

Yup. The masks basically reduced your vision to a hazy small circle directly in front of your face - you can't see your own feet, cables on the stage, the stage edge, nothing. Kinda disorienting. :insane:

Edited by lollipop_monkey