Emily / She Tells Me - Elle Me Dit in English

I don´t think you´re a bad fan, I think it´s healthy way of being fan. As I´m definitely not healthy in this case, I love everything he does, because I obviously love him, like he was my family member, so even if I wanted, I couldn´t dislike something he´s doing with pleasure. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: It is so funny how you describe yourself. You looked and sounded perfectly healthy to me when we met. :thumb_yello: You are simply in a different stage in your life than some other fans here, also with different life experience, so our attitude towards 'fandom' may be different.

Let me tell you an example of what I mean..If I were your age, visiting the Grévin museum would probably be one of my top priorities in life, but at this point in time in my life I couldn't even bother to go there even if I happened to be nearby. :teehee:

and about EMD.. I think he likes french, and he was happy to do EMD in french, but when i saw him singing it in English, I understood that his home are English songs. He was so much more OK with english in the song. For me. But I love french one more. :teehee:
I´d love Mika to read this and react. :naughty:

MIKA if you hear me, WHY did you write EMD? :mf_rosetinted:

Mika, if you hear me, can you consider a duet with Miss.Roxy? :mf_rosetinted:

If I were his mum I'd lock him up with his Russian music teacher again before his next tour to get him prepare properly. :glasses3:

:aah::aah:

I´ve been out too much time and though I´ve read almost everything I can´t remember where I read things... Can I be a bit offtopic?

I read a discussion about MIKA being or not a product. Of course MIKA is a product. Not Michael Penniman, who obviously is a man. MIKA is the final product of many people´s work, which includes all his family, his band and all those people who help him (John,Owen, Iain etc). It´s a product and as everything his aim is selling albums and tickets for gigs... of course Michael Penniman is the head of it.

About the french song... well, in Spain he literally said "this song is a mistake, but it´s doing good, so...." and I remember at the beginning, he said something like if he was "obliged" to write that... not in that words, of course, but likely...

I don't know why he doesn't tell the truth about everything but he lies/omits/misleads all the time when he's giving interviews. :dunno:

Yes, I know, sigh... But this is not about his private life or anything like that. It's just about his work. It would be a nice bonus to hear some background/thoughts.

I wouldn't call singing 2 French songs a brave thing to do in France, especially since they were used to boost the slightly sluggish ticket sales to the Compiégne gig. :dunno:

Maybe they just released them earlier than originally planned because the tickets were not selling well? In any case, I think that the combination of the Marie Antoinette setting (paintings/costumes etc) and these songs were brilliant, they fit together really well. We can't know if he is pleased with these songs himself but he must understand how well they matched with his show this summer.

Hahah, I'm not trying to defend him, I'm defending just my own opinion. I really enjoyed this new show :biggrin2:

About the french song... well, in Spain he literally said "this song is a mistake, but it´s doing good, so...." and I remember at the beginning, he said something like if he was "obliged" to write that... not in that words, of course, but likely...

His French label was asking a French song and he did it in a hurry and he now thinks it was a mistake? He is not pleased with the song or he thinks that writing in French was a mistake?

It is a catchy summer song and it's doing well. It's still shame what they did to his voice (sorry, I can't remember the English word :aah: )

:lmfao:

Really? I missed that from the gig reviews.:roftl:

I am not surprised though. He was also excusing himself when he first tweeted about it with words something like it was meant to be a summer hit.. etc. basically, saying that it was a lightweight song. :teehee:

I´ve been out too much time and though I´ve read almost everything I can´t remember where I read things... Can I be a bit offtopic?

I read a discussion about MIKA being or not a product. Of course MIKA is a product. Not Michael Penniman, who obviously is a man. MIKA is the final product of many people´s work, which includes all his family, his band and all those people who help him (John,Owen, Iain etc). It´s a product and as everything his aim is selling albums and tickets for gigs... of course Michael Penniman is the head of it.

yes, Mika the pop star is a product in a marketing sense and even legally, actually, and so are his records (the latter is easier to imagine, perhaps). I don't even want to start explaining basic concepts to people who get distracted by the fact this word has something to do with selling.

These are not such horrible concepts as some people would think.

Edited by suzie

I think that the combination of the Marie Antoinette setting (paintings/costumes etc) and these songs were brilliant, they fit together really well.

I can't find anything in EMD (or in any other one of his songs) that would require a Marie Antoinette setting so I wonder what you mean.

:roftl: It is so funny how you describe yourself. You looked and sounded perfectly healthy to me when we met. :thumb_yello: You are simply in a different stage in your life than some other fans here, also with different life experience, so our attitude towards 'fandom' may be different.

Let me tell you an example of what I mean..If I were your age, visiting the Grévin museum would probably be one of my top priorities in life, but at this point in time in my life I couldn't even bother to go there even if I happened to be nearby. :teehee:

:huglove:

:huglove:

I can't find anything in EMD (or in any other one of his songs) that would require a Marie Antoinette setting so I wonder what you mean.

Well, if you want to put it that way... No, it doesn't require Marie Antoinette. I meant there was a "French theme". So I thought two songs in French matched really well.

I can't believe I was the only one who liked the new setting and thought it was a nice match with the new songs :blink: Maybe I can't estimate it because I don't speak French and I need to rely on translations :dunno:

I love this english version!!!I finally understand what this song is talking about although the lyrics is a little bit different from the french one.

look forward to its CD version!

Edited by yuri716

Well, if you want to put it that way... No, it doesn't require Marie Antoinette. I meant there was a "French theme". So I thought two songs in French matched really well.

I can't believe I was the only one who liked the new setting and thought it was a nice match with the new songs :blink: Maybe I can't estimate it because I don't speak French and I need to rely on translations :dunno:

I like the new setting, and the costumes. I thought they were very lavish.:thumb_yello:

His French label was asking a French song and he did it in a hurry and he now thinks it was a mistake? He is not pleased with the song or he thinks that writing in French was a mistake?

It is a catchy summer song and it's doing well. It's still shame what they did to his voice (sorry, I can't remember the English word :aah: )

Well,I´m not in his head and I don´t know what he really meant, but what we all thought was that he was referring to the song.. as we all know it was made in a hurry and stuff... maybe he wasn´t that pleased... he was asked to do that french song in order to sell more tickets in Compiegne and we know it´s not the way he likes to work...

Really? I missed that from the gig reviews.:roftl:

I am not surprised though. He was also excusing himself when he first tweeted about it with words something like it was meant to be a summer hit.. etc. basically, saying that it was a lightweight song. :teehee:

yes, Mika the pop star is a product in a marketing sense and even legally, actually, and so are his records (the latter is easier to imagine, perhaps). I don't even want to start explaining basic concepts to people who get distracted by the fact this word has something to do with selling.

Yes, he said "esta canción es un error" but as he said that in Spanish maybe he wasn´t thinking in "mistake" but in something that happened by accident, I don´t know...:aah:

:aah::aah: . . .

I thought I heard or read somewhere that when he said "mistake" he was

referring to a few words (a phrase) that was not exactly used correctly in the french language -- like from a grammatical standpoint -- not the whole song.

Maybe on a radio station interview, when (after acknowledging the mistake) he said something like 'oh well, it's too late now; it's out . . .'

I don't at all. They put me off the songs. I'm sick of the dressing up personally.

i liked the setting and the costumes. but i can really do without costumes during a regular tour. there is nothing wrong with just sitting behind a piano or singing at the microphone without all that tralala

I didn't even like the stones on his face :naughty:

it hides his cute face :aah:

#keepitsimple!

because in french, a song can't be "contente", it should be "joyeuse"

only people can be "content"

in english, it's a bit different, a song can be happy or joyous, but not in french :blush-anim-cl:

Same with the English "content". :wink2:

i liked the setting and the costumes. but i can really do without costumes during a regular tour. there is nothing wrong with just sitting behind a piano or singing at the microphone without all that tralala

I didn't even like the stones on his face :naughty:

it hides his cute face :aah:

#keepitsimple!

We might like it plain and simple but Mika wants to put on a show. I don't think we will ever persuade him otherwise.

No you're not the only one:wub2:

I can't believe I was the only one who liked the new setting and thought it was a nice match with the new songs :blink:

Lots of people liked it, you could tell from the gig reports. I think the majority of fans I've come across are interested in the visual stuff from his artwork to his sets. I'm not, because I'm a very aural person which is why I am so interested in music. I think the theatre should stay in the theatre and not get mixed up with a pop concert. But as Silver says Mika is going to do what he's going to do and plenty of people are going to love it, so... :naughty:

but doesn't "content" in english mean more like "satisfied" then joyous?

Yes I didn't mean to imply they had the same definition, just that "content" is also an emotional state so you wouldn't use it to describe a song.

I thought I heard or read somewhere that when he said "mistake" he was

referring to a few words (a phrase) that was not exactly used correctly in the french language -- like from a grammatical standpoint -- not the whole song.

Maybe on a radio station interview, when (after acknowledging the mistake) he said something like 'oh well, it's too late now; it's out . . .'

No,no, I´m talking about Mika "talking" to the crowd in his gig, in Benidorm, and even if his Spanish is not as good as his English, he knew what he was saying, and he literally said "this song is a mistake but it´s doing good, so..."

:aah::aah:

Oh, you mean his dad is the boss?!? :shocked::teehee:

I don't know, but still want to believe that he is the same Mika who wrote "Grace Kelly", and not liking "obligations" when it comes to writing his music.

When was that tweet? I didn't see it.

Product is such a harsh word, don't you think?

Product is such a harsh word, don't you think?

I don't think so. That's what it is.

If Mika was doing art for art's sake he would probably be singing in a bar with just his keyboard and selling his CDs after the show. There is a whole machine geared towards getting his product out to the masses. Every time Mika gives an interview he is pitching his product - himself. He is not promoting himself because he enjoys doing that with his time.

There's nothing wrong with that. We all do that to one degree or another if we have a job and a career. Every business owner must do this.