Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shocked: Don't like it at all.....But I still love the song, so whatever....

I don't like it, not because Mika is not on it, I don't know, I just feel the topic of the song could give so many great ideas to develope a better video, I feel the spirit of the song is not reflected on the video.....all this people singing it seems to me so boring and lame, except the old guy I think is the only one who gets into the character.....

Anyway Mika is amazing so I think I'm gonna forgive him :blush-anim-cl:

I thought that this video will divide people. Like Mika himself. In my opinion this video is really funny but it has a deep meaning. Altough Mika doesn't appear in this video, I think the cast play absolutely good. The old man is the funniest and I immediately noticed that handsome boy :P The clip is colorful and makes me smile.

It's 3 am here and my mom came into my room and come down on me, because the music was too loud, but I have to watch it over and over again. Sorry mom ^^

I don't like it, not because Mika is not on it, I don't know, I just feel the topic of the song could give so many great ideas to develope a better video, I feel the spirit of the song is not reflected on the video.....all this people singing it seems to me so boring and lame, except the old guy I think is the only one who gets into the character.....

Anyway Mika is amazing so I think I'm gonna forgive him :blush-anim-cl:

I understand your point of view but....hmmm to me it's not about people singing and dancing but the meaning is between lines, in the scenes when you can see the "fight" between mothers who always "know better" and the children who try to be themselves/find out who they are ....Fanny brings a little sweetness to this serious things..(she looks sweet and she smiles sweet but it doesn't mean that the character can't be the manipulative b...tch;-)

...but she looks a bit like a fairy among the rest of the people...

first I found this video too... simple now I see it's ..symbolic...and a symbol can be simple but hides deeper meaning

and really...this scene with a cactus is really symbolic...it's not just "funny"...(it's to the posts I read before...)

Aww our Mama Mod has come to save the day. :wub2:

... And carefully avoided sharing her opinion of the video itself. :wink2:

But OK, I'll share.

And let's be honest, who wouldn't rather see a Mika video that, you know, actually includes Mika? :naughty:

I am disappointed that Mika didn't play a role in the video, i wish he had.

Obviously, I'd always rather see Mika, than not see him. :wub2:

But I'm not that bothered that he's not in the video. Some videos that

I've completely enjoyed in the past have not featured the artist, so

that's not really an issue for me.

What I don't like about this video is that it really leaves me cold.

I think it was Sabine who said the video makes her feel good?

Well, normally I'm that way -- I react to something on a visceral

level, and often I can't articulate how I feel right away, I just *feel.*

This video makes me feel... well, not much, I guess.

Confused. Disappointed. I just don't get it, and I just don't *feel* it. :dunno:

I don't get the references, if there are any. I don't get the concept. I

don't find it funny, I don't find it interesting. :blink:

And THAT makes me feel sad. Sad that I don't love it, and really don't care to

watch it again, over and over, like I have some of Mika's other videos. :sad:

But, oh well... there will be a new Mika album in a few months, and there will

be new Mika videos. I guess I'll get by until then. :naughty:

The only thing that bothered me about it at the first moment is the lack of lip synch, but, anyway, who knows if it was supposed to actually be a synch... :naughty: After all, it makes the video even more silly in a good way, in my opinion.

First time I've watched it, I thought it would be great if Mika was there, but now, after having watched it a few times, I don't even miss him anymore! Paying attention to some details and the entire context, maybe Mika would be inappropriate singing there, as if he was offset.

It's a funny, fresh and colorful video made for a funny, fresh and colorful song. Little details make it special and kinda genius for my eyes, such as the guy flirting with the cactus. Me definitely likes it. :blush-anim-cl:

Now that I've rewatched it after ranting on my previous post in the thread, I actually like it! The grandpa is so cooky (noticed immediately, always did like him) and the whole ""Mom knows best!" "Stop telling me what to do!"" scenario is pretty funny and symbolic when you think about it! :biggrin2:

Now in celebration of the vid, could we pretty please get EMD on the US itunes?:wink2:

Ultimately this is how I feel about it. I was excited at the concept and the fact that they'd brought in a real actress to play his mother, so it is an opportunity lost. But this song is for the French market and so is the video. So...whatever...

I really hope he gets back on track for the album because I think pandering to the French market beyond this summer break is a huge mistake.

This video made me smile because it was charming and sprightly. It goes with the song. EMD kind of rushed out at us and the feelings I kept reading about the song matched some of the feelings I just read about the video. It's the summer, Mika is having fun, and this song & video reflect that.

So, I think the style of this video is adorable, bright, and fun -- which is still the Mika we know and love. :thumb_yello:

This video made me smile because it was charming and sprightly. It goes with the song. EMD kind of rushed out at us and the feelings I kept reading about the song matched some of the feelings I just read about the video. It's the summer, Mika is having fun, and this song & video reflect that.

So, I think the style of this video is adorable, bright, and fun -- which is still the Mika we know and love. :thumb_yello:

Yeah :thumb yello: I think the same and i loved old man crazy :naughty:

for the compulsive perfectionist freak mika claims to be, that's one crapy video

I don't like it:teehee:

well I do like the old guy, he's crazy :aah:

I get the idea was to put on different situations of mother/son relationships, but IMO there's too much going on, I mean why put so many random things that don't feet in the message, like they guy hitting his eye.. I really didn't get that, unless they're trying to make you understand that men are stupid :aah: and who's the old guys mom? and at one point I don't get who is who's mom really :aah: Plus they mix in the funny and free side of the song putting all them dancing randomly ..So there's no story line per se, nor is it care free and summary as it should either

They could have doen it better if they had stick with a story line, with less people and less randomness.

Just the funny old guy fighting with his mom would've been better :naughty:

on the other hand I really don't think Mika had much to do with this vid, I guess he gave some ideas of what he had in mind for it (which probably was he saying he wanted it to be like this and that video and that the famous french lady gotta be in it :aah:)and then left the rest to the director.. given that he had all the festivals and it was thought only for one country...

did you look at the vid also?

Roxy thought it may be him also :naughty:

There is something so familiar with the old man... :aah:

Yes, but honestly -- seeing the two images side by side, you still think

it could be him? They look nothing alike to my eyes. :dunno:

Yes, but honestly -- seeing the two images side by side, you still think

it could be him? They look nothing alike to my eyes. :dunno:

:teehee: i do... the eyes? the chin? the cheeks? :dunno:

i find they especially look alike when comparing the videos

:blush-anim-cl:

Hmmmm.... "interesting video"... I can say with certainty that it doesn't bother me that Mika's nowhere to be seen in it (though he would've fit in it)...

It's weird... I kinda like it, but at the same time I thought it'd be totally different to what it is... I still love the song though, so I doubt the song will change my thoughts on it...

And let's be honest, who wouldn't rather see a Mika video that, you know, actually includes Mika? :naughty:

I don't see the need for cactus guy, shaving guy, weight guy, etc. I would have preferred a video that is three and a half minutes of what we see from 2:45 - 3:15 - just people randomly dancing around.

Hanson's video for Give A Little is entirely that - just the band dancing and playing, and random people dancing around. I prefer that.

I reckon Mika could've been one of the characters (not the old guy or the cactus guy though)... I don't think he absolutely has to be in every video though...

Imagine if he'd done one like Give A Little??? That would be awesome! (I absolutely love that vid, it's my fave along with Thinking 'Bout Somethin' and Weird)...

The mirror scene totally made me think of an older "WAG Mika"! :roftl:

OMG, I see that now! Actually, the sweater he's wearing when he's sitting in the chair reading the paper looks kinda like something Mika would wear...

Just me or someone else have seen something (looked like a cross) on Fanny's left hand at 0:52??? :blink:

Talking about the video:

1) First time I didn't liked that much the video because there's no Mika, but after watching, it wasn't SO bad he didn't show up. I agree it's something different, but still funny and colorful, besides dancing too :teehee: , as only Mika's videos are and the video suits well the song.

2) About that lip synch, I don't know if was intentional that don't be good, but if not, shame on them :mf_rosetinted:

3) I loved especially Fanny, the old man and the ginger woman with the big chess piece, singing everytime with the lips so close :roftl:

And calm down, there will be more videos upcoming :wink2:, maybe he appear in the next one :original:

I don't like it :tears:

And don't think it would be any better if Mika would be in it. But there is a good side. I won't spend my whole day watching the video again and again. Thanks, Mika :pinkbow::mf_rosetinted:

Such a random vid! :teehee: It's like a clip from a French movie. I was hoping to see Mika himself, otherwise I didn't have any expectations, and I think I'm going to watch this a couple of more times and wait what kind of thoughts I have after that.

This looks a very low cost vid (unless they had to pay large amounts to the actors :naughty: ) but I have always loved the GK vid, it's not about money, GK hypnotized me because Mika was in it.

Well, we know the son is not a teenager any more :teehee:

Morning! :bye:

I´ve just seen the video! And I´m surprised about all those dissapointed comments on youtube, twitter,etc.. I feel like saying - This video fits perfectly with lyrics! he couldn´t do a vid with his mum probably. :naughty: it´s a song about a man who´s always tutored by a woman, I think he didn´t want this song to be his own story, he just needed to do a song with this feeling for all oppressed men. :mf_rosetinted:

And it´s a French song, not an English song, and I personally think that French people like a bit different style that the rest of Europe. This vid is not bad, it´s really amazing and meaningful! :original:

I love the grandpa btw. :teehee:

Archived