"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

He said:"It's still very colorful"..."there's a lot more photography but there's a lot of illustrations as well. All the photography it's black & white and then drown on top of me are all these illustrations that are in color"..."I'm crying a tear of blood but then the blood turns into other things, turns into animals that are jumping up onto my head."

Yeah, it's a lot different than what I was expecting from that interview.

However, this IS MIKA we're talking about, remember -- the guy who

changed his album title after it had already been announced? So if

this turns out to be the final cover, I won't be surprised at all. :wink2:

Aw the blobs say Mika! :naughty: I adore Mika's profile so I like it. Really surprised his logo is gone though. And something seems to be missing. There is no border (either actual or partly implied) to make it look like an album cover, physically speaking. I'm not sure how effective the gold bits are going to be since most people will see a little square on iTunes or wherever instead of an actual CD in the shops.

I see something at the bottom of the image, that looks like this is

on top of something else -- do you see what I mean? Almost like another

photo of Mika is underneath it? So I don't know if this is truly the final

version that will be on all editions of the album. :dunno:

That's not to say that I don't like it -- I do. Very much. I'm trying to figure

out the significance of the drops of gold raining down on him though --

the first impression I got was of a crown of thorns ringing his head, almost.

Darn you, Mika, you have me seeing religious imagery in everything now!

:naughty:

Or it could be an allusion to We Are Golden, in a way...

And if you turn your head sideways, the blobs on the left of the image

almost resemble an abstract Wedjet eye or the Eye of Horus, don't you think?

wadjat_eye-of-horus.png

It's an Egyptian good luck symbol -- maybe it looks like that to me because

I wear one all the time. :dunno: But I know that there was one in the old

Mikasounds artwork, as well. (You can still see it in our artwork above, too,

and in the old mikamypace artwork.) Or maybe I just have a vivid imagination.

:teehee:

Yeah, it's a lot different than what I was expecting from that interview.

However, this IS MIKA we're talking about, remember -- the guy who

changed his album title after it had already been announced? So if

this turns out to be the final cover, I won't be surprised at all. :wink2:

I see something at the bottom of the image, that looks like this is

on top of something else -- do you see what I mean? Almost like another

photo of Mika is underneath it? So I don't know if this is truly the final

version that will be on all editions of the album. :dunno:

Or it could be an allusion to We Are Golden, in a way...

And if you turn your head sideways, the blobs on the left of the image

almost resemble an abstract Wedjet eye or the Eye of Horus, don't you think?

wadjat_eye-of-horus.png

It's an Egyptian good luck symbol -- maybe it looks like that to me because

I wear one all the time. :dunno: But I know that there was one in the old

Mikasounds artwork, as well. (You can still see it in our artwork above, too,

and in the old mikamypace artwork.) Or maybe I just have a vivid imagination.

:teehee:

I wondered that too. it looks like another Mika's pic. so maybe it's just one of the examples or something...

Yes, that was my first impression too!

:fangurl:

561813_352261468186438_672305732_n.jpg

Wow, I didn't expect something like that! :shocked: I have to say I love it! I'd like some colour too, if the cover was really similar style to LICM and TBWKTM I really wouldn't mind, but it's growing on me. It's interesting. And it's one of the most gorgeous pictures of him :wub2:

much different than

Am6wW0dCAAAQ8fS.jpg:large

I had already forgotten about these - I like the new cover a lot more, even with the golden blobs. :naughty: At least it's something that suits his new image. His style is a lot more simple these days and I think another cartoon cover combined with his newly found grown-up ways would send a contradictory message.

I can't help but stare at the cover, it's a stunning picture of him. His philtrum is beautifully defined. :wub2::teehee:

I had already forgotten about these - I like the new cover a lot more, even with the golden blobs. :naughty: At least it's something that suits his new image. His style is a lot more simple these days and I think another cartoon cover combined with his newly found grown-up ways would send a contradictory message.

I can't help but stare at the cover, it's a stunning picture of him. His philtrum is beautifully defined. :wub2::teehee:

agree. I prefer this version too than the one he drew because this one is totally different:teehee:

maybe it's the cover but without the artworks he said? :dunno:

I think I am a kinda straightforward speaking person...

I can say that this is def the most disappointing thing ever got from Mika, if it's really an 3rd album cover. wha! very surprisingly disappointing thing.

Not my type at all, and don't think it reflects the joy, love he want to say from this album. what is that? this pic is just awkward. I don't like every single detail of this cover...and his pic....... ah.....

Edited by Yuna

Just out of curiosity, will you guys listen to the snippets of the songs if they're released on a site like Amazon? Or would you rather wait for the album to be finished and listen to the songs from beginning to end? I don't think I'd be able to resist the urge to listen to the snippets if they were made available.

Just out of curiosity, will you guys listen to the snippets of the songs if they're released on a site like Amazon? Or would you rather wait for the album to be finished and listen to the songs from beginning to end? I don't think I'd be able to resist the urge to listen to the snippets if they were made available.

I couldn't resist before but I've heard enough of this album now that I am not dying of curiosity and willing to risk ruining the songs. I will just be listening to it on September 18th. (Okay probably September 11th, but shhhh! :mf_rosetinted:)

I've done it before, I made this late last year just because I wanted to see him on the cover.

6440867917_1cdd081aea.jpg

Here's my other Mika covers. :teehee::fisch:

Oh nice job! I agree, he should always have his face on the cover. I understand how he feels about illustration but CD covers are too small to appreciate it IMO, and the tiny avatars that pass for artwork on digital download sites are pointless. I mean you can't even tell that it says "Mika" above his head until you see the large version. Without his face on the cover there is no way to recognize that it's his album.

Oh nice job! I agree, he should always have his face on the cover. I understand how he feels about illustration but CD covers are too small to appreciate it IMO, and the tiny avatars that pass for artwork on digital download sites are pointless. I mean you can't even tell that it says "Mika" above his head until you see the large version. Without his face on the cover there is no way to recognize that it's his album.

Thanks! Yeah I couldn't even see the text until I saw it on my laptop! :naughty:

Love these Luke:wub2:

i wouldn't know where to start doing something like that, :lmao:

Thank you :D I find the hardest thing to do is know what you want it to look like, I've learned so much from free online tutorials, If you ever need a hand or want something doing just let me know :)

Thanks! Yeah I couldn't even see the text until I saw it on my laptop! :naughty:

Thank you :D I find the hardest thing to do is know what you want it to look like, I've learned so much from free online tutorials, If you ever need a hand or want something doing just let me know :)

I'd like to believe that I taught you a thing or two:mf_rosetinted: