Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG!!!!!!! just heard Mika is going to Glasgow tomorrow, i need to find out where so that i can meet up with him for coffee and croissants :biggirl::scot::naughty:

I already missed Scotland but now, it's just got worse. :fisch:

I did some research because I don't understand the term he used "Blighty" :blush-anim-cl:

Sorry I'm not native in English language :aah: I found it interesting, maybe it was just a question of mine, but I decided to share:wink2:

I love the way interesting as Mika express himself :wub2:

Blighty is a British English slang term for England,[1] deriving from the Hindustani word vilāyatī (विलायती; pronounced bilāti in many Indian dialects and languages), from Persian velayat and ultimately from Arabic wilayah, originally meaning something like "province". In India the term came to refer to Europe, and more specifically England and Britain.[2]

The term was more common in the latter days of the British Raj, and is now more commonly used as a term of endearment by the expatriate British community or those on holiday to refer to home.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Yo!

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Heading back from Italy to Blighty tonight for 6 hours and then over to Glasgow at 7am. Vacation over. Reality bites.

And i thought Blighty was a town somewhere in England....:doh::lmfao:

I did some research because I don't understand the term he used "Blighty" :blush-anim-cl:

Sorry I'm not native in English language :aah: I found it interesting, maybe it was just a question of mine, but I decided to share:wink2:

Blighty is a British English slang term for England,[1] deriving from the Hindustani word vilāyatī (विलायती; pronounced bilāti in many Indian dialects and languages), from Persian velayat and ultimately from Arabic wilayah, originally meaning something like "province". In India the term came to refer to Europe, and more specifically England and Britain.[2]

The term was more common in the latter days of the British Raj, and is now more commonly used as a term of endearment by the expatriate British community or those on holiday to refer to home.

I've learned something today, thanks ! :wink2:

Thanks,Katita! :thumb_yello:

And i thought Blighty was a town somewhere in England....:doh::lmfao:

lol, me too! :naughty: thanks krjsantos for clearing that up! :thumb_yello:

He also wrote vacation instead of holiday. I always think of "vacation" as an American (and possibly also) a Canadian term. Holiday is the English term.

It's so interesting how all the international influences he's had, have influenced him with how he expresses himself.