Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

I don't know if they use the word 'edit' and 'remix' in their traditional sense on these lists. If so, 'edit' simply should simply mean a different cut of the song (bits taken out or added) with no change to the original arrangements.

So I keep wondering if we are going to get 4 versions of Make You Happy:

the 'original' one, LA edit, Miami edit and the Cherokee remix or they use these specifications as they please. :dunno:

I was kidding here but, being serious, after the listening Session I wrote my impressions about the songs and about Stardust in particular I wrote that the song was amazing, a bit like Coldplay one, but I would have been happier if it were less dancy and with less pumped basses.

Which Coldplay song did it remind you of? (I know I am too curious :teehee:)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@suzie

in Milan Mika said the version of MYH that we already knew was the LA edit, and that we would have the acoustic version in the CD (Miami?). They might have decided to have them both now :dunno:

I personally love to have the LA edit in the CD, I loved it immediately (+ video) :wub2:

HOPEFULLY NOT!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Me too! I LOVE that part!!!!

I don't know if they use the word 'edit' and 'remix' in their traditional sense on these lists. If so, 'edit' simply should simply mean a different cut of the song (bits taken out or added) with no change to the original arrangements.

So I keep wondering if we are going to get 4 versions of Make You Happy:

the 'original' one, LA edit, Miami edit and the Cherokee remix or they use these specifications as they please. :dunno:

Which Coldplay song did it remind you of? (I know I am too curious :teehee:)

Not a song in particular..just the "style" :mikalove:

@suzie

in Milan Mika said the version of MYH that we already knew was the LA edit, and that we would have the acoustic version in the CD (Miami?). They might have decided to have them both now :dunno:

I personally love to have the LA edit in the CD, I loved it immediately (+ video) :wub2:

oh, that is great news.

So Make You Happy LA edit is the version we heard it first

Make You Happy Miami edit may be an acoustic version - perhaps closer to the version they wrote with Fryars

and then the Cherokee remix is the 'lounge music' mix with the strings at the beginning

Not a song in particular..just the "style"

Oh, I see. thanks.

Japanese edition has now been advertised as coming out on October 3rd.

Only in October? I was hoping to hear the songs earlier (:teehee:)

So it's released first across Europe now on 17th September and guess where I will be then? In the only country where it is realeased later. :doh: :rolls_eyes:

CD TO BE RELEASED ON THE 17TH SEPT IN BELGIUM !

I've just read it on FNAC.BE :DD We can't see details nor the tracklist, though...

FRENCH EDITION, PLEEAAAASE !:crossed:

FINALLY!! I was wondering what took them so long :aah:

I hope for the UK edition though...

FINALLY!! I was wondering what took them so long :aah:

I hope for the UK edition though...

I'd be happy with both version, actually but I really hope I can get the French songs as well :') Especially "Karen", I just LOVE it :') I understand that as Dutch speaker, you might not really need the songs in French ^^

Anyway, as Belgium has French speakers but is NOT France, I doubt we'll get the French edition. I guess the UK one is more likely. However, I think British fans'll probably order the CD online if versions similar/identical to the Uk one are released in September.. The CD might then become *strangely* better sold in Netherlands/ France than in UK HAHA xD

The CD might then become *strangely* better sold in Netherlands/ France than in UK HAHA xD

I don't think a couple of hundred people (hard cores) would make a difference. The general public will buy it in the country they live in.

I'd be happy with both version, actually but I really hope I can get the French songs as well :') Especially "Karen", I just LOVE it :') I understand that as Dutch speaker, you might not really need the songs in French ^^

Anyway, as Belgium has French speakers but is NOT France, I doubt we'll get the French edition. I guess the UK one is more likely. However, I think British fans'll probably order the CD online if versions similar/identical to the Uk one are released in September.. The CD might then become *strangely* better sold in Netherlands/ France than in UK HAHA xD

I don't mind the French songs! I love French music, I listen to Raphaël Haroche e.g. all the time :teehee: It's just that I would prefer the acoustic versions of the songs :wub2:

I don't think a couple of hundred people (hard cores) would make a difference. The general public will buy it in the country they live in.

I doubt that there are even a 100 hardcore fans in the Netherlands:naughty:

Anyone knows when would the album be released in US?

I'll be in US on 17th Sep....:doh:

it would be so so heartbreaking thing to look through MFC in my hotel room, without the new born album in my hands.... I'll gone mad maybe :aah:

I can't understand why it's later in the UK. Unless it has to do with his promotion of the album.

Atm he's probably still on holiday, so He's not doing promo (don't blame him for that) so, maybe, the TV interviews etc in the UK are end of September, and that album show thingy he filmed a while back, may be on then.

Perhaps that's why the album is later, to give the promo chance to do it's work.

But this is just me speculating.

:crybaby:

I know.... I understand how you might feel....

I can't understand why it's later in the UK. Unless it has to do with his promotion of the album.

I think it is all about the album promo. I think he expects to promote the album first in Europe, then in the UK and then the US.

Does anyone know when Celebrate is out in Europe? Or has it been released already?

I know.... I understand how you might feel....

I think it is all about the album promo. I think he expects to promote the album first in Europe, then in the UK and then the US.

Does anyone know when Celebrate is out in Europe? Or has it been released already?

depends on the country. i think it's out in france, belgium, italy and some other countries. in germany it's on the radio since last wk but we cant buy it yet, the official release date here is sept 21. as for promo though, the german radio promo for wag was also before the single was officially released, so it could be september for celebrate.

I don't mind the French songs! I love French music, I listen to Raphaël Haroche e.g. all the time :teehee: It's just that I would prefer the acoustic versions of the songs :wub2:

I had to google Raphaël 'cause I'm used to call him by his first name, I didn't know you were talking about him xD *SHAME ON ME*

I actually can't choose right now :'( "Origin of Love" in accoustic must be gorgeous... And I'm an accoustic fan xD When I bought TWKTM, I think I listened more to the Sadler's Wells Bonus CD 'cause the songs were even more powerful :') Aaah it's just Karen arggh... :blush-anim-cl:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

¡¡NYC show sold out in under a minute!! Hello from my holiday in Italy! XxX announcing another show asap!

:excite:

Ahaha =) Well-earned holidays~

I hope he can rest a bit before September's rush :'))