Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

He also wrote vacation instead of holiday. I always think of "vacation" as an American (and possibly also) a Canadian term. Holiday is the English term.

It's so interesting how all the international influences he's had, have influenced him with how he expresses himself.

Since he was living in France he would have learned basic English from his parents and not his peers so he is going to have some Americanisms as well as the slight accent. I think Canadians use holiday and vacation interchangeably and I only recently realized that Americans seem to only use holiday to describe days like Christmas instead of going away on vacation.

It's hard for me to know what is typically Canadian dialect now though because I came from a generation where almost everyone was first or second generation Brits and I have lived in England myself and work with Brits, Irish, Australians and Indians more than people who were raised in Canada. I find now people are picking up jargon from their workplace (which could be an American corporation or Irish in my case) or the internet rather than from their neighbours.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diane Knox-Campbell ‏@KnoxyDiane

Was chatting to the v.lovely @mikasounds this morning - his first morning of work since his hols :) Thank you sir! http://pic.twitter.com/oPbw9hnc

@KnoxyDiane so what was @mikasounds doing there ? was he live on the show or was it a recorded session ?

@cannie_be_arsed @mikasounds Recorded a great interview with him, it'll be live on the website soon :)http://www.clyde1.com

Diane Knox-Campbell ‏@KnoxyDiane

Was chatting to the v.lovely @mikasounds this morning - his first morning of work since his hols :) Thank you sir! http://pic.twitter.com/oPbw9hnc

@KnoxyDiane so what was @mikasounds doing there ? was he live on the show or was it a recorded session ?

@cannie_be_arsed @mikasounds Recorded a great interview with him, it'll be live on the website soon :)http://www.clyde1.com

God, look at his hair, it's gorgeous! :aah:

What happened to his stylish straight hair? :teehee:

He's just having a change of hairstyle because he feels like it. His hair looks great! If you think about it, if he was a female star, you'd expect changes of hairstyle for different events. There's no reason why a stylish male, like Mika, can't do the same thing.

Variety is the spice of life. Hope we see many more great hairstyles.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Found a bar. They serve Brooklyn Beer (my fav) somewhere in the back alleys of the northern quarter. Thanks for the help... not ;)

Finished for the day, started off in Glasgow and now exploring Manchester. Where's fun for a drink?

And also:

Chris J ‏@GamelCJ

@mikasounds CANNOT WAIT TILL OCTOBER 21!! I'll be the crazy guy screaming! ;)

@GamelCJ :)

Zhenya @EugeniaBou

@mikasounds You are now in a different world, I'm still in Italy ;) Bella Italia, what else can I say!

@EugeniaBou Bella Italia indeed! The best

Miri ‏@MFC_Hasi

@mikasounds :-D RT @MIKAfansclubLa: Rt #humorMika hahaha XD pic.twitter.com/oHtL0CUW

@MFC_Hasi @mikafansclubla funny!

It could be Curtis hiding behind him.:mikacool:

I have to admit something embarrassing; At Lovebox, when Curtis got on stage I thought it was Mika :teehee: Then I felt like a blind idiot when Mika later came on stage as well. But Curtis was wearing a striped blue and white blazer which I thought I had seen Mika wear in the past so, yeah, still :doh: