Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

ONTO other news, The comments against MFC seem to have been scaled down to be a bit nicer. Still annoying though...

It's that silly Kodes100... I've had enough of her annoying comments EVERYWHERE. Seriously , doesn't she has a life ?

Ok, the song reminded me of something and I JUST figured out what it is...it was killing me!

When he sings:

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

I immediately think of "Club Tropicana" by Wham :teehee: Am I the only one?? It just jumps out at me for some reason...

You're not the only one :thumb_yello:

I immediately think of "Club Tropicana" by Wham :teehee: Am I the only one?? It just jumps out at me for some reason...

to me it is more Jason Donovanish, actually :rolls_eyes: (:naughty:)... or Enrique at most.:mf_rosetinted:

Yes :sad:

We're all family though, I don't get it :tears:

Luckily, you can choose to be family here, so if one doesn't like to sit through family dinners they can eat separately. :dunno:

Edited by suzie

:teehee:

OMG :shocked::shocked::shocked::yikes:

Sorry Mika but in this outfit, you look like a tosser. I hope it was some sort of joke, cause if he turns up in this gettup on Sunday people will cry with laughter AT him. This is atrocious!!!

:doh: What on earth was he thinking??

OMG :shocked::shocked::shocked::yikes:

Sorry Mika but in this outfit, you look like a tosser. I hope it was some sort of joke, cause if he turns up in this gettup on Sunday people will cry with laughter AT him. This is atrocious!!!

:doh: What on earth was he thinking??

Don't worry,this is his french outfit :naughty:

I guess people have seen this one? He sung Celebrate the day before the radio show:

So it looks like the first time he did this song it was for a private gig :mf_rosetinted:

yes,it's all on Twitter Update Thread,it was a private gig for Samung.

Don't worry,this is his french outfit :naughty:

:aah: I hope so! But really it should be his "won't catch me dead in this crap" outfit!! his "in the bin" outfit.

He looks like a very springy version of Oliver Twist or something :doh::naughty:

:aah: I hope so! But really it should be his "won't catch me dead in this crap" outfit!! his "in the bin" outfit.

He looks like a very springy version of Oliver Twist or something :doh::naughty:

:roftl::roftl:

Ok, the song reminded me of something and I JUST figured out what it is...it was killing me!

When he sings:

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

that what i said to mika on twitter when i could only hear the 32sec snippet of celebrate that it sounded very whamish .... but today ive been calling him allsort since jim from clyde 1 told me the uk wasnt getting celebrate until later on in the year .... im bad i know :fisch:

I guess people have seen this one? He sung Celebrate the day before the radio show:

So it looks like the first time he did this song it was for a private gig :mf_rosetinted:

hadnt seen it cheers ! is that his new band then ? gawd i hope not that woman singing with him looks annoying ... like in yer face the same way sarnade was (i think that was her name)

that what i said to mika on twitter when i could only hear the 32sec snippet of celebrate that it sounded very whamish .... but today ive been calling him allsort since jim from clyde 1 told me the uk wasnt getting celebrate until later on in the year .... im bad i know :fisch:

I think he needs this type of bad,but hey, if you feel guilty you could always throw in a few "Mikaaaaa, marry me! You're amaaaaaazing! Come to Glasgow!!!" :lmfao:

I think he needs this type of bad,but hey, if you feel guilty you could always throw in a few "Mikaaaaa, marry me! You're amaaaaaazing! Come to Glasgow!!!" :lmfao:

aye right i dont feel that guilty :naughty: crudeness is more my thing as you well know.

I've decided. I like MYH more than Celebrate. Although Celebrate isn't so robotic, MYH's lyrics grew on me, 'cause it really describes my recent life. I know MYH's music is a bit strange (i mean different from the previous songs), but the lyrics is still very meaningful. That's what "saved" the song for me. Behind the electro music Mika's personality also can be found.

P.S: I'm still waiting for the studio version of Karen, Underwater (maybe Blame it on the weather, but I didn't see it on the tracklist). I hope we'll get a little piano ;)

Edited by TimyBlanco

Omg. Ive just seen the outfit now.

It looks like he kept the marie antoinette pants. Sadly. :mf_rosetinted:But only that part of the outfit. :aah:

And the socks. Nothing beats long white socks with rolled up pants and sneakers.

This is marie-antoinette meets French schoolboy.

Anyone else miss the innocent braces?!? :lmfao:

Omg. Ive just seen the outfit now.

It looks like he kept the marie antoinette pants. Sadly. :mf_rosetinted:But only that part of the outfit. :aah:

And the socks. Nothing beats long white socks with rolled up pants and sneakers.

This is marie-antoinette meets French schoolboy.

Anyone else miss the innocent braces?!? :lmfao:

I'm hoping it was a one-of-kind costume for that showcase ...

Besides that, I love everything else!

'a very springy version of Oliver Twist' Yes!!! :lmfao: This whole post is the perfect way to describe his outfit. :aah:

I thought it sounds like Wham first time I heard the full song, so you're not alone.:thumb_yello:

Me too. I´m totally shoked, when I heard "Make you happy" for the first time, I thought, well this is a different song but a really good song, but now... I´m very confued.I have high hopes about this new album, I think is a big challenge for Mika

I like it a lot! You've made a really good job. :thumb_yello:

And I love Celebrate as well, just makes me want to dance and sing along, a real summer hit!

The best part I think is in the beginning when he sings:

I wanna come home

to the only place I know

Where the trees I planted grow

I wanna come home

And what about trying to trend #CelebrateWithMika, are people trying to trend it right now?

Thank you so much :)))

Haha well when I heard the teaser I had the feeling it was a combination of congratulations and the love boat LOL! Don't ask me why haha ;)

Never heard of him, but yeah I'm getting really tired too. I think he should at least release the song in UK the same time he releases it in France, I mean it's his home country for god sake! And it's easier for UK songs to be played out in the world than it is for French songs...

I feel disappointed too, but somehow, I don't believe it's Mika's fault. It has seemed strange to me that all the news lately has been put out by Label Barclay, and usually in French. What is going on with Mika's record label? I seriously think someone has let him down.

I was concerned when I read the translated interviews and someone said Mika had been shaking like a leaf (or words to that effect) and that he was concerned that Celebrate mightn't be a hit (that's how it came accross to me anyway)

That started to get me worried for him. I know he said he loves MYH, but was a bit shocked when it leaked before it was supposed to. It strikes me that The Powers That Be are possibly doing stuff he doesn't want.

I could be wrong, this is just my point of view, but after sleeping on the problem, I woke this morning and in my gut I feel that this thing with not putting the song out in the UK is not down to Mika at all.

But this could seriously damage him over here, because it would seem he doesn't care about the UK now and he could loose fans because of this. But even though he's done stuff in France and is so popular there, I can't imagine he would purposely ignore the UK. He's not daft, he knows how important it is to be popular here, and in the USA too. He wouldn't ignore the country who gave him his start. There has to be something else behind this. That's what I think anyway

haha! Well, I wouldn't actually throw or break something though :mf_rosetinted: But it does get on my nerves. I think because it's too monotone or something?

No, I probably would not actually break anything either, but you never know :aah:

I agree, because I the feeling is"worst" when the robot voice sings: 'all I wanna do is make you happy' which is really monotone and I think it makes me frustrated or something... :dunno: At least I know the song doesn't make me happy.