Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Celebrate? The one truly genius artist to emerge in the last decade has come up with a totally disposable and distinctly average song. Not much to celebrate IMO. I am SAD.

And I always thought you'd get better with practise.. well Mika must be the opposite :tears: First album's epic, second one is nice and if the whole album's going to be like these two songs.. :blink: Bohoohohoo :aah:

:lmfao:

I wouldn't go as far as you, but I completely agree that LICM (and tbwktm which was basically LICM 2 IMO) is definitely something else :thumb_yello:

That being said, I really prefer celebrate over MYH. It makes me happy, which is the main reason why I became a fan of Mika's music in the first place. With MYH I get a sudden urge to throw / break things :fisch:

I wouldn't go as far as you, but I completely agree that LICM (and tbwktm which was basically LICM 2 IMO) is definitely something else :thumb_yello:

That being said, I really prefer celebrate over MYH. It makes me happy, which is the main reason why I became a fan of Mika's music in the first place. With MYH I get a sudden urge to throw / break things :fisch:

Mika: All I wanna do is make you happy!

Droopsy: ALL YOU REALLY DO IS MAKE ME ANGRY! *throws stuff*

Mika: All I wanna do is make you happy!

Droopsy: ALL YOU REALLY DO IS MAKE ME ANGRY! *throws stuff*

Hahaha!! Pretty much!!! I better not bring an umbrella with me to the festival! :lmfao:

Anyway, seriously, after reading the first reviews of the album I'm still concerned that it will all be too electro for me... Time will tell I suppose :original:

No, I THINK he is dedicating his time to France because he is with this French record label now and he is with them because no-one else was interested in him.

Needless to say, I do hope that I am wrong aboout this. We'll see under which label the album will be released.

Aha, didn't know he has a French record label, that explains a lot. But I still think he needs, now and when TOOL is released, to let go of France and try his wings and see if the other countries want him.

Yes,it will be f***ng electro,perfect for clubs :aah:

Hahaha :roftl: Hope not!

Seriously? I feel the same way, I want to throw something at my TV or just destroy anything when I listen to MYH, so I've stopped listening to it because I love my things more than MYH :aah:

:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

doesn't he pronounce 'better' 2 different ways? :D

I'll have to listen again!:biggrin2:

Just listened to Grace Kelly. That song is so effing epic. And then we get Celebrate...there's just no comparison. Every artist changes and evolves and that's fine, completely understand and don't go against artists searching new avenues, but I feel as though he's become an artist he said he never would be become. And it's a shame. To me. If people like it then go on ahead! Like what you want! ^^ And I do like Celebrate but it does sound like a song that someone else could have easily come out with. Grace Kelly, Love Today, Happy Ending, We Are Golden, all of these songs are so distinctive and so obviously Mika but I do find Celebrate rather bland in comparison. Hmm.

Yes, he sounded so unique in the beginning, I agree.:blink:

Still, it will be exciting to see what he comes up with when we can listen to the whole album. I want to keep my hopes up for as long as I can...:wink2:

No, I THINK he is dedicating his time to France because he is with this French record label now and he is with them because no-one else was interested in him.

Needless to say, I do hope that I am wrong aboout this. We'll see under which label the album will be released.

I posted this a couple of pages back.. so :dunno:

From PureVolume

Mika Premieres New Song "Celebrate"

Chart-topping pop sensation Mika returns to the scene with a new song, "Celebrate," and we couldn't think of a better way to welcome in a Friday than to share its premiere. It's a star-studded, beat-happy extravaganza that is sure to transform your current surroundings into a makeshift dance party. It also sees support from the likes of Pharrell Williams [guest vocals] and Empire of the Sun's Nick Littlemore [producer]. "Celebrate" comes off Mika's new album, The Origin of Love, slated for release this fall on Universal Republic. Give it a spin and allow yourself to sink into weekend mode a bit early.

Just listened to Grace Kelly. That song is so effing epic. And then we get Celebrate...there's just no comparison. Every artist changes and evolves and that's fine, completely understand and don't go against artists searching new avenues, but I feel as though he's become an artist he said he never would be become. And it's a shame. To me. If people like it then go on ahead! Like what you want! ^^ And I do like Celebrate but it does sound like a song that someone else could have easily come out with. Grace Kelly, Love Today, Happy Ending, We Are Golden, all of these songs are so distinctive and so obviously Mika but I do find Celebrate rather bland in comparison. Hmm.

Grace Kelly remains in my opinion his best work, and my 'life saver' :lmfao: . that song could cheer up everyone :thumb_yello: and that's why I became a Mika fan. He had something in his music that not many artists have.

I liked Celebrate, but I think only because it's his song, and not Kei$ha's, or I don't know...some other 'artist':doh:. But it doesn't tell me anything...just a plain summer song. (I never thought I'll live the day to say something like that btw:mf_rosetinted:)

I'll try to stay positive, and hope for something different in September:sweatdrop:

And I always thought you'd get better with practise.. well Mika must be the opposite :tears: First album's epic, second one is nice and if the whole album's going to be like these two songs.. :blink: Bohoohohoo :aah:

+1 :lmfao:

Seriously? I feel the same way, I want to throw something at my TV or just destroy anything when I listen to MYH, so I've stopped listening to it because I love my things more than MYH :aah:

haha! Well, I wouldn't actually throw or break something though :mf_rosetinted: But it does get on my nerves. I think because it's too monotone or something?

Really?:shocked:

So strange, I find that song really tranquil.

Really? Wow, I have the opposite feeling :aah: It makes me nervous, jumpy...

It's so strange (and fascinating!) how different the effect of a certain song can be on different people!

Really? Wow, I have the opposite feeling :aah: It makes me nervous, jumpy...

It's so strange (and fascinating!) how different the effect of a certain song can be on different people!

well, I think your nervousness may be caused by the 'all I wanna do is make you happy' part that has this irregular beat, I understand, but when the verse starts, for example, there is not even drum on it first, so it just feels really light and free - rather liberating. Even when the drum starts it is very harmonic, not to mention the 'Pet Shop Boys part' (undervalued..etc) ...:teehee:.

So putting the two together it is really 'shapeless' and unusual - we just feel different parts of it significant, probably.

Edited by suzie

It is Barclay and Casablanca but Casablanca is for the US only (it has always been) so for the rest of the world I guess it is Barclay then. :

Well my mika albums are Casablanca and I'm definitely

Not in America!

When I hear make you happy, it makes me very sad like I'm going to cry! :aah:

It's not mika! Celebrate is simply better and mika is definitely there.

Anyone think of the kinks' song 'Lola' when he talks about the new song? Might be interesting...

'She walked like a woman and talked like a man'

LOL(A)! :)

Don't know what to think about TOOL yet, apart from not what I expected. So far, there's one horribly electronic song and another good but fairly bland track.

ONTO other news, The comments against MFC seem to have been scaled down to be a bit nicer. Still annoying though...

@Ellenowl the first two albums were on Island records in the UK - they state both Casablanca and Universal Island Records on my CDs. Perhaps Island is Universal Republic now:dunno:

The comments against MFC seem to have been scaled down to be a bit nicer. Still annoying though...

where can you see them? on YT?

Edited by suzie

Ok, the song reminded me of something and I JUST figured out what it is...it was killing me!

When he sings:

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

I immediately think of "Club Tropicana" by Wham :teehee: Am I the only one?? It just jumps out at me for some reason...

@Ellenowl the first two albums were on Island records in the UK - they state both Casablanca and Universal Island Records on my CDs. Perhaps Island is Universal Republic now:dunno:

where can you see them? on YT?

Yes :sad:

We're all family though, I don't get it :tears:

Ok, the song reminded me of something and I JUST figured out what it is...it was killing me!

When he sings:

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

I immediately think of "Club Tropicana" by Wham :teehee: Am I the only one?? It just jumps out at me for some reason...

I thought it sounds like Wham first time I heard the full song, so you're not alone.:thumb_yello: