Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

maybe its time for all us mikafans to move to france just to be a part of mika`s gang :wink2: aye right never in a million year .... time to harass mika more grrr !

Haha, maybe I need to practice my French :aah:

No but seriously, I know that France loves Mika but he has to start to care about the rest of Europe and the world as well!

so when can I hear the song on radio stations? from now on? or later?

Yeah, when?

Does anyone actually.... like the song?

OMG, I hope the whole album is NOT like this...

I don't want "summer hits" from MIKA. I want MY MIKA back:blink:

I do! :teehee:

love your scottish temper :naughty:

to think i was in a great mood earlier today .... new mika song (which i like, bloody hated under water) now after hearing from a radio presenter we wont be getting it for ages now :sneaky2: .... no wonder so many people illegally download music .... blame it on yourself mika !

Haha, maybe I need to practice my French :aah:

No but seriously, I know that France loves Mika but he has to start to care about the rest of Europe and the world as well!

there was another artist i liked called julian perretta ... loved his music but he ended up praising the french too so i gave up on him eventually! mika better watch out as its begining to become a tad tiresome getting the french left-overs :wait:

Does anyone actually.... like the song?

OMG, I hope the whole album is NOT like this...

I don't want "summer hits" from MIKA. I want MY MIKA back:blink:

I LOVE the song, but I'm looking forward to more melodic and acoustish stuff as well :aah:

there was another artist i liked called julian perretta ... loved his music but he ended up praising the french too so i gave up on him eventually! mika better watch out as its begining to become a tad tiresome getting the french left-overs :wait:

Never heard of him, but yeah I'm getting really tired too. I think he should at least release the song in UK the same time he releases it in France, I mean it's his home country for god sake! And it's easier for UK songs to be played out in the world than it is for French songs...

I just love it!:wub2:

Mika is back!!!!

I don't know why this song made it for me because I'm not good at analysing music but I just fell in love from the first listening. You can hear his voice clearly and I especially love his cute British :wub2: pronunciation of the word better!:blush-anim-cl:

I don1t think Mika has a choice ... :(

:roftl:

yes, he was called the 'new Mika' and they shared some common friends like Perez and Jodi Marr, I think :teehee:

He had one hit song and another one that totally reminded me of 'You Made Me'.

I don't know why this song made it for me because I'm not good at analysing music but I just fell in love from the first listening.

You may just like it for the same reason why others don't: it has a catchy tune, simple lyrics, some voice distortion, easy to repeat chorus, dumbed down arrangement, random rapper asking us to party and basically sounds like everything else at the moment. :dunno:

I don1t think Mika has a choice ... :(

Maybe, but he don't have a choice because he have dedicate all his time to France and now the rest world have forgot him. It's becoming a vicious circle... :sad:

Maybe, but he don't have a choice because he have dedicate all his time to France and now the rest world have forgot him. It's becoming a vicious circle... :sad:

No, I THINK he is dedicating his time to France because he is with this French record label now and he is with them because no-one else was interested in him.

Needless to say, I do hope that I am wrong aboout this. We'll see under which label the album will be released.

You may just like it for the same reason why others don't: it has a catchy tune, simple lyrics, some voice distortion, easy to repeat chorus, dumbed down arrangement, random rapper asking us to party and basically sounds like everything else at the moment. :dunno:

:teehee:

Very true. This song is quite simple, I like the catchiness/tune of this one (more so than MYH)...but I can't really take it seriously. However, I think MYH is a more complex song, more unique, less "cookie cutter" and, even though I like the tune less, I appreciate the details put into that song more.

Hope that makes sense. :aah:

No, I THINK he is dedicating his time to France because he is with this French record label now and he is with them because no-one else was interested in him.

Needless to say, I do hope that I am wrong aboout this. We'll see under which label the album will be released.

I'm pretty sure it's still Casablanca records. I read that somewhere anyway.

As for the new single, the rapping makes it sound more common than it would otherwise, and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the song. Mika + rap= ?

Must admit I fell for this song immediately, and I actually love it. It just flows better and isn't distorted like MYH.

I am hoping that the album will be a mix of this and more acoustic ones. By the sound of the interview, this appears to be the case. After all, I can't see overrated and underwater with synths, at least yet anyway! :)

wow. catchy and simple...summery. but also very commercial and - IMO - a far cry from the early Mika, which is what Mika is about really...I feel as though this isn't really him. Just sounds like another pop tune to me. I like it, but nothing really..."wow" to be honest. Might be better at a concert and perhaps I just need to get used to it...but Grace Kelly and We Are Golden were instant likes whereas this...to me is just a mediocre summer song. :dunno:

I'm pretty sure it's still Casablanca records. I read that somewhere anyway.

It is Barclay and Casablanca but Casablanca is for the US only (it has always been) so for the rest of the world I guess it is Barclay then. :dunno:

Yes,I think it was about a pastor,a friend of his mother :wink2:

The smell of tobacco reminds me of my grandfather. He never smoked but had the plants.

I just love it!:wub2:

Mika is back!!!!

I don't know why this song made it for me because I'm not good at analysing music but I just fell in love from the first listening. You can hear his voice clearly and I especially love his cute British :wub2: pronunciation of the word better!:blush-anim-cl:

:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

doesn't he pronounce 'better' 2 different ways? :D

Edited by mari62