2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

I do not know about Laura, but after having a couple of unpleasant experiences with Mika fans in the past few weeks, I'd rather not share any details about our moment with him. It was lovely and a dream and that is everything other people may know at this point, if it was up to me. I don't know if Laura wants to post about it at some point, but for now, it will just be our private moment and memory and I only like to share it with my friends who are genuinely happy for us, instead of spiteful and envious. If you understand what I am saying?:wink2:

That is why I've decided not to report on either gigs, and not sure if I will ever do so again, because sharing my joy with the forum has mostly brought me sh*t and scarred the memories.

Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences, Ingie :huglove: and I can also totally understand your feelings. The reason I like to write about my thoughts in my blog is that it feels my personal space and I know that only some people I know or who are genuinely interested in bother to go there (even if I link my posts on twitter) so it's my way to keep things positive. I still like to keep some things for myself or share them only with people who were there, so I understand very well if you rather not share every detail. I'm glad to hear you and Laura had a good time!

I've really enjoyed watching vids from this gig, thanks everyone! :thumb_yello:

Oh, I keep forgetting to reply to the posts by Vicky and someone else re Joy chewing gum on stage. I also noticed, and I was appalled!!! It looked so...I don't know, I have no words to describe it. Just really sloppy and unprofessional, and just wrong. I have no idea what prompted her to do that, but I was really unimpressed.

I know that people will now slate me for it, but in general I am quite unimpressed by her in general. I really don't see what is special about this woman that the previous singers didn't have, and I don't think that it's a change in a positive direction. For example, the pianist point is a good one: David was not really a good pianist and the new guy is. But I really don't find Joy a better singer (or anything) than iMMa or even than Saranayde, and I can't see the appeal in hear AT ALL.

Oh, I thought I saw that at one gig (can't remember which one) and I thought I must have seen wrong, I mean she couldn't possible SING at the same time??? But probably I saw right if you and some others have noticed the same. I agree about what you said, so weird and gives such unprofessional impression.

I like Joy in Celebrate, but I've also noticed she gets much less space and attention than she did at a couple of first shows this summer and it looks and sounds good this way, imo (that she is kept more background). I really love the new band, the new sound is VERY good and for example Curtis is absolutely brilliant, but I admit that after watching a few shows this summer I miss iMMa and her voice (but I understand the point why she is not there, the new combination sounds very different, and that's what he wanted, I guess).

Edited by tiibet

No it's not new *sigh* and I only went to Heaven and didn't even queue that long so didn't see any of it - it just makes me really sad - gigs should be fun ... it shouldn't be a competition or a fight ... and that's what some people want to do ... fight for a front row spot that they seem to have most times that they attend a gig ... it's not a god given right ... let others have a chance ... and when a steward/bouncer etc makes a decision about who he wants to let in to a gig - don't throw your arm up and nearly hit someone to stop them going in before you ... that's what happened to Treasa and whoever did that should be ashamed of themselves - manners cost nothing ... though for some people it's sadly lacking

Yes, and sadly it is often the same people doing these things who have already queued up all day and night at another 3 million gigs so I don't get what this is all about :sneaky2:

Anyway, it's the same sort of attitude or 'thinking' that makes some people very rudely & violently push everyone aside and jump the queue of people waiting to get their mobiles back so that they can follow Mika to the street and approach his waiting taxi....This, after they have just spent an hour sitting in a room within a metre of him whilst he discusses his new tracks which they have just been lucky enough to hear for the first time, so hey, I can believe anything you tell me :doh:.

:teehee: You know, with my poor 3 gigs on the clock, maybe I just don't have enough experience to comment on this

I hope that you never have to experience certain things that a few of us have been 'lucky' enough to experience from so called fellow Mika fans :wink2:

Edited by sariflor

Maybe Joy is trying to kick ciggies and is chewing Nicorette? :naughty:

And yes fans acting like jerks is nothing new. Look at the behaviour that carries on online. Every time Mika tweets me a bunch of so-called fans come out of the woodwork to bitch at him for giving me a nanosecond of attention. You can imagine how that irrational jealousy manifests itself when Mika is actually in the same space with them and other fans. You expect celebrities to have crazy stalkers but it scares me how obsessed some people get about other fans, especially when they are people you don't know.

Maybe Joy is trying to kick ciggies and is chewing Nicorette? :naughty:

And yes fans acting like jerks is nothing new. Look at the behaviour that carries on online. Every time Mika tweets me a bunch of so-called fans come out of the woodwork to bitch at him for giving me a nanosecond of attention. You can imagine how that irrational jealousy manifests itself when Mika is actually in the same space with them and other fans. You expect celebrities to have crazy stalkers but it scares me how obsessed some people get about other fans, especially when they are people you don't know.

Hahah, maybe!! Lol, it would explain it all :naughty:

And the rest of you post.. It's just so scary I try to not think about it. But luckily I don't have any really bad experiences and I just try to ignore if someone is rude.

Yes, and sadly it is often the same people doing these things who have already queued up all day and night at another 3 million gigs so I don't get what this is all about :sneaky2:

Anyway, it's the same sort of attitude or 'thinking' that makes some people very rudely & violently push everyone aside and jump the queue of people waiting to get their mobiles back so that they can follow Mika to the street and approach his waiting taxi....This, after they have just spent an hour sitting in a room within a metre of him whilst he discusses his new tracks which they have just been lucky enough to hear for the first time, so hey, I can believe anything you tell me :doh:.

I hope that you never have to experience certain things that a few of us have been 'lucky' enough to experience from so called fellow Mika fans :wink2:

You know ... after the Heaven gig I would have loved to have spoken to Mika ... even for a millisecond .. I haven't seen him since August 2010 but never spoke to him then even ... actually the last time I really had any interaction from Mika was at Amsterdam when he gave me THAT hug ... but when the manager came out he asked us to line up on the pavement ... so I did ... and I stayed there ... I didn't even go near the mob ... it's not me ... I don't even want to fight there let alone in a queue ... I was just really happy to get those feelings back again and would have liked to tell him that ... least I got my moment the next day ... when you ask him something ... he just makes you feel like you're the only one in the room for however long he's talking to you ... so that was kind of special for me ... that was enough :wub2:

didn't even go near the mob ... it's not me ... I don't even want to fight there let alone in a queue

I walked over to him because I saw him there and everyone mobbed around me, I could even get away so I had to ask his manager to move so I could get out, it was mental!

I walked over to him because I saw him there and everyone mobbed around me, I could even get away so I had to ask his manager to move so I could get out, it was mental!

It looked mental ... I'm just not getting involved in that ... and if I lose my mind and ever attempt to ... slap me :teehee:

Oh, I keep forgetting to reply to the posts by Vicky and someone else re Joy chewing gum on stage. I also noticed, and I was appalled!!! It looked so...I don't know, I have no words to describe it. Just really sloppy and unprofessional, and just wrong. I have no idea what prompted her to do that, but I was really unimpressed.

I know that people will now slate me for it, but in general I am quite unimpressed by her in general. I really don't see what is special about this woman that the previous singers didn't have, and I don't think that it's a change in a positive direction. For example, the pianist point is a good one: David was not really a good pianist and the new guy is. But I really don't find Joy a better singer (or anything) than iMMa or even than Saranayde, and I can't see the appeal in hear AT ALL.

ahh good i thought you would have noticed Sari!!!:teehee:

I chew gum myself - i'm not a gum hater - lol - but i thought it just looked awful!:aah: for her only real spot on the night i think she should have taken it out!!!

I don't really see her great appeal either in terms of voice or presence but i don't dislike her just i think she's not worth trading iMMa for?( i am so sure she would NEVER have done that) however ------ time may prove us wrong?!

I do not know about Laura, but after having a couple of unpleasant experiences with Mika fans in the past few weeks, I'd rather not share any details about our moment with him. It was lovely and a dream and that is everything other people may know at this point, if it was up to me. I don't know if Laura wants to post about it at some point, but for now, it will just be our private moment and memory and I only like to share it with my friends who are genuinely happy for us, instead of spiteful and envious. If you understand what I am saying?:wink2:

That is why I've decided not to report on either gigs, and not sure if I will ever do so again, because sharing my joy with the forum has mostly brought me sh*t and scarred the memories.

:huglove:

Oh, I thought I saw that at one gig (can't remember which one) and I thought I must have seen wrong, I mean she couldn't possible SING at the same time??? But probably I saw right if you and some others have noticed the same. I agree about what you said, so weird and gives such unprofessional impression.

I like Joy in Celebrate, but I've also noticed she gets much less space and attention than she did at a couple of first shows this summer and it looks and sounds good this way, imo (that she is kept more background). I really love the new band, the new sound is VERY good and for example Curtis is absolutely brilliant, but I admit that after watching a few shows this summer I miss iMMa and her voice (but I understand the point why she is not there, the new combination sounds very different, and that's what he wanted, I guess).

Yes i know------- how can she sing and chew!!!:teehee:

I could see the gum in her mouth when she was doing her ----- have fun --- bit!:aah: not good - iMMa was also such a part of the whole show and Joy is clearly now - maybe it is what Mika wants!

:doh:

It's not even the fact that they are jealous of what happened to us, or whatever, but especially at the Belgian gig, I felt a lot of hate coming from some fans as if I was not welcome there. Fair enough, I always try to be polite, but when it's obvious that I'm not wanted, for whatever reason I don't know of, then I do not feel obligated to share my stories and experiences where they can see it. Furthermore, this moment was so dear to me that it would almost feel wrong to share it.

I was never under the illusion that the majority of the hardcore Mika fans were any different from other hardcore fanbases and their over-obsession. I just don't want to be part of that any more. I go to gigs to have fun with my friends and to see Mika, because he is very dear to me and probably has become even more so over the past few days.

Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences, Ingie :huglove: and I can also totally understand your feelings. The reason I like to write about my thoughts in my blog is that it feels my personal space and I know that only some people I know or who are genuinely interested in bother to go there (even if I link my posts on twitter) so it's my way to keep things positive. I still like to keep some things for myself or share them only with people who were there, so I understand very well if you rather not share every detail. I'm glad to hear you and Laura had a good time!

I've really enjoyed watching vids from this gig, thanks everyone! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Nina :wub2: I used to blog about my experiences too, but I don't even feel like doing that. At this point, nobody has to know. If they did, there would only be more jealousy and I don't want that. It's also the exact reason why I haven't been as active on here any more and also why I am thinking about not posting anymore at all. I don't have time nor energy to deal with this sh*t.

Thanks Nina :wub2: I used to blog about my experiences too, but I don't even feel like doing that. At this point, nobody has to know. If they did, there would only be more jealousy and I don't want that. It's also the exact reason why I haven't been as active on here any more and also why I am thinking about not posting anymore at all. I don't have time nor energy to deal with this sh*t.

So sorry to read that because I really enjoyed all your reports from the past. It´s a pitty that the reaction of some people destroy the joy all the other people could have. I totally understand you but I really hope you will change your mind some day and will stay in contact with us :huglove:

You know ... after the Heaven gig I would have loved to have spoken to Mika ... even for a millisecond .. I haven't seen him since August 2010 but never spoke to him then even ... actually the last time I really had any interaction from Mika was at Amsterdam when he gave me THAT hug ... but when the manager came out he asked us to line up on the pavement ... so I did ... and I stayed there ... I didn't even go near the mob ... it's not me ... I don't even want to fight there let alone in a queue ... I was just really happy to get those feelings back again and would have liked to tell him that ... least I got my moment the next day ... when you ask him something ... he just makes you feel like you're the only one in the room for however long he's talking to you ... so that was kind of special for me ... that was enough :wub2:

Yeah Laurel, I felt exactly the same. The last time I saw him was in Edinburgh, in August 2010, and after Heaven I was feeling incredibly happy and like things felt like the old days, and I really REALLY wanted to speak to him.

But of course, the mob of people pushing so that they could take their 20000th closeup picture of him or getting their 49389833785th autograph made it impossible to do so keeping a degree of dignity and manners. I guess that is the crux, really. I was just not brought up to find certain things acceptable :dunno:

I know that I am very lucky in the sense that I have had a massive amount of very special Mika moments, and I acknowledge how unique those were, but it still bugs me that I can't just say a quick 'hi' because of this.

The funny thing is, if everyone had behaved like normal adults intead of animals, we would have all managed to have a little word with him and things would have been fine.

I sound like a broken record but it's even harder to take when it's always the same faces behaving like that too.

ahh good i thought you would have noticed Sari!!!:teehee:

I chew gum myself - i'm not a gum hater - lol - but i thought it just looked awful!:aah: for her only real spot on the night i think she should have taken it out!!!

I don't really see her great appeal either in terms of voice or presence but i don't dislike her just i think she's not worth trading iMMa for?( i am so sure she would NEVER have done that) however ------ time may prove us wrong?!

Yeah Vicky, that is exactly how I feel :wink2:. I have nothing against Joy or chewing gum, but just find it very wrong to do so when you're opening your mouth on stage, in front of an audience :aah:

You're joking? People did that after the playback? It makes me embarrassed for them, we had already had so much at that point and they follow him to his taxi? Its disgusting, I hope it doesn't put him off doing things like this in the future.

Afterwards we went to get some food and wandered over to the back door, where there was a nice line of people. Of course the line all went to hell when he came out, and he got totally mobbed...people were just going next to him and surrounding him very close, and that included some people who I know for a fact have hundreds of signatures and photos of/with him :dunno:

I don't get it, what do they get out of it? He didn't even look at many of the people who were just shoving stuff in his face to sign, and it makes no sense to totally mob him like that because everyone loses out on a proper meeting and nobody gets good quality time. I honestly give up. It's as if , if there is nobody like John or someone else making clear rules and being ruthless, all these 'adults' cannot behave themselves in a normal way.

So basically, I would have loved to say a couple of things to him, as the gig really touched me, but I didn't want to be another mobber and so stood back and just watched. He left quite fast.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many things that I wanted to say now, but I'm tired and in a rush.

So, wasn't John there to help with the crowd?