2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

So, wasn't John there to help with the crowd?

He's not with him anymore - so it's someone new trying to deal with the craziness ... :aah:

I can't believe people bothered him after the playback ... though of course I can believe that lol ... they're Mika fans ... I left to go and get my train ... it would have been nice to hang around with Rose and Caroline alittle bit longer to talk about it ... we just didn't have time :(

I am sad that some things have gone wrong in the queue :emot-sad: I saw nothing in the queue because I was in the first ten people to enter the room. I agree with the fact that some fans behave very annoying and selfish but their behavior will not change unfortunately :doh:

Personaly I took lots of pictures of the gig not for myself and my pleasure but for fans who were not there, because is not funny to take pictures during a gig and busy my poor computer with photos of Mika :sneaky2: even if I really like him :teehee:

@IngrivV I'm not sure that fans in Belgium feel hate about you I speak for French and Belgium fans that I know and who were there because they have not seen you.

Rude, I saw a youngling go and say hi and they just walked past her. Not liking them much as people...

They were very lovely to us.

@IngrivV I'm not sure that fans in Belgium feel hate about you I speak for French and Belgium fans that I know and who were there because they have not seen you.

Not all Belgian fans. But I guess those who do know that I am referring to them. Which is fine, but I'd rather they'd just tell me to my face.

@IngievV I am really surprised by your latest posts. In my view, fans who spend a lot of time reading MFC yet refuse to post reviews tend to have more of a confidence issue (often related to the level of English ) or simply don't care much about the members to spend time sharing their experience

I can't see you as either and consider you as one of the few fans who can never be 'bullied out' and that is because I don't think there is any bullying going on here, only jealousy at most. That's nothing new though, like many people pointed out already. I also agree with others that precious experiences are best not shared in detail but that is also happening here and even some m&gs have never even be talked about on MFC.

Anyway, all I can say is that if I won some special m&g the only reason that would make me remain silent is if it never actually took place or I witnessed something 'odd' as the last thing I 'd want to do is to embarrass him and I do find it important that fans appreciate these special opportunities. As for the future, I hope to keep seeing you here and at gigs.:thumb_yello:

theguardian about gig Heaven :wink2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/31/mika-review-heaven-london?newsfeed=true

Mika – review

Heaven, London

James Smart

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 31 July 2012 18.38 BST

"Few acts divide opinion more starkly than Mika, the Anglo-Lebanese singer who hit the heights in 2007 with the irrepressible Grace Kelly. But whether you find his perky, soul-searching persona punchable or praiseworthy, his third album, The Origin of Love (due in September) feels like crunch time: 2009's The Boy Who Knew Too Much shifted fewer than half the copies of its predecessor, the six-million selling Life in Cartoon Motion.

Mika's response has been to team up with the likes of Pharrell Williams and Benny Benassi for his new album. Not that they were to be seen at Heaven – they'd have struggled to find a spot on its compact stage, anyway. Clad in a white shirt, bowler hat and braces, Mika was standing atop his piano before the second song, Relax, Take It Easy, had ended, hand outstretched and heels flexing.

For all this showmanship – and a barrage of early hits – the gig didn't gel immediately, though Mika's unfeigned banter could put anyone at ease. "I freaked out and locked myself in the bathroom," he explained, a propos of an earlier radio interview. "Then I peed, washed my hands, and got the **** on with it."

Soon, though, he was in control, hamming it up with his flat-capped guitarist and swapping lines with the baying audience. Lollipop can sound trite on record, but it was harder to dislike when the man singing it had just leapt from the piano to merrily straddle his keyboard player. Elsewhere, his pure pop, propelled by five-piece band who gave it grit and funk, just clicked: We Are Golden was irresistible.

How well this exhilarating performance bodes for the new album is hard to say – the eager response that greeted the forthcoming single Celebrate was arguably down more to Mika's own glee and the balloons that poured out over the crowd than the particular merits of its hummable disco-pop – but at Heaven, Mika played the pop star to perfection."

Yeah Laurel, I felt exactly the same. The last time I saw him was in Edinburgh, in August 2010, and after Heaven I was feeling incredibly happy and like things felt like the old days, and I really REALLY wanted to speak to him.

But of course, the mob of people pushing so that they could take their 20000th closeup picture of him or getting their 49389833785th autograph made it impossible to do so keeping a degree of dignity and manners. I guess that is the crux, really. I was just not brought up to find certain things acceptable :dunno:

This made me laugh when I read it but now, it makes me feel like vomiting... I just met him once, and it was in my third gig. The first two ones I enjoyed the performances that much that didn´t want to bother waiting in the street. And when I talked to him it was just because I was supposed to give him something. After that, yes, I waited with my friends after two following gigs, but never tried to reach him. First of all, cause I have nothing to say... I mean, I´m sure he is fed up of "you are wondrous!!" and "this has been the best show ever!". It doesn´t mean that I don´t understand why people do it. I do. I mean... I´d do if it were their first time :aah:

Anyway, I´ll see his performance again next Saturday and I don´t really know if I´ll say hi to him after that. But I hope not to live that pushing and stuff you all mentioned before...

Ingie, I´m so sorry you feel like that. And if people don´t love you in Belgium or wherever you went for his shows, just come to Spain or Portugal, you know you are loved here :huglove:

@IngievV I am really surprised by your latest posts. In my view, fans who spend a lot of time reading MFC yet refuse to post reviews tend to have more of a confidence issue (often related to the level of English ) or simply don't care much about the members to spend time sharing their experience

I can't see you as either and consider you as one of the few fans who can never be 'bullied out' and that is because I don't think there is any bullying going on here, only jealousy at most. That's nothing new though, like many people pointed out already. I also agree with others that precious experiences are best not shared in detail but that is also happening here and even some m&gs have never even be talked about on MFC.

Anyway, all I can say is that if I won some special m&g the only reason that would make me remain silent is if it never actually took place or I witnessed something 'odd' as the last thing I 'd want to do is to embarrass him and I do find it important that fans appreciate these special opportunities. As for the future, I hope to keep seeing you here and at gigs.:thumb_yello:

I agree about the bullying thing, I haven't seen it here and I haven't seen it when I travel to different places to see concerts, people are just generally really nice and polite. Well I can't know about what's happening between local fans of course, and I know there's some really weird stalking in the internet (on twitter etc) so that's why I totally understand if fans are careful or if someone doesn't want to share every detail. If I won something official and special I would share it too, the same way I wrote about Magic points gig. That's one of reasons for fan clubs? To share experiences and thoughts?

Okay, I'm gonna throw in my two cents now.

A couple of months ago I found out some crazy bitch had been stalking me on twitter. She was messaging people I work with on fb and basically tried to ruin any chance I had of getting with the guy I like. As a result, my tweets are now private (no tweets to M anymore, or anyone who doesn't follow me for that matter) my followers list is now less than half what it used to be and I very very rarely accept any new followers. I know a few MFCers have sent follow requests but honestly, I'm 99.9% sure this bitch is a Mika fan. I'm not sure where else you'd find that level of crazy, that's connected to me.

Basically, I've gone from being pretty open about things on the internet, to being really quite private. One crazy bitch managed to ruin twitter for me. Awesome.

As for the **** that's gone down since I won and Ingie won the tickets to Belgium, I had someone who I'd considered a friend slag me off behind my back. "If anyone else had won it would have been fine, but Laura's already had too much Mika" and "It's not fair, he's choosing his favourites." Yeah ****ing right. On top of that I've got randoms running to friends and telling them that a joke I made to said friend was "quite rude" and asking if they'd seen it. Doesn't affect them whatsoever, but suddenly I win a contest and everything I do and say needs to be told to someone.

Most people were really really nice, but a few managed to sully it. It's not an issue of bullying (believe me, I can't be bullied, not even my douchey boss who bullies the assistant managers tries it with me, he's not a complete fool) but instead it's about spoiling things. What happened on Thursday night was SO good. More than I'd dreamed of. But if Ingie and I post about it on here, well I think I'd have to be very very careful about what I say in future in any medium. Plus there are certain elements with which we kind of have an unspoken agreement with Mika not to post about. When we saw him after the Belgian gig we just said hi and that was it. Difficult to explain the vibes but I know Ingie knows what I mean.

The last few days have been very very precious to me. I adore Mika now more than ever and am so grateful to him for what was one of the best nights of my life. So really, as nice as you guys would be if I told you, I don't want to put myself in a position that can lead to negativity. It's a real shame, but right now, my memories of that night are perfect. I'm not about to have some crazy bitch ruin them. I might tell some of you face to face one day, but for now it remains private. All you guys really need to know is that I had a ****ing blast.

A couple of months ago I found out some crazy bitch had been stalking me on twitter. She was messaging people I work with on fb and basically tried to ruin any chance I had of getting with the guy I like. As a result, my tweets are now private (no tweets to M anymore, or anyone who doesn't follow me for that matter) my followers list is now less than half what it used to be and I very very rarely accept any new followers. I know a few MFCers have sent follow requests but honestly, I'm 99.9% sure this bitch is a Mika fan. I'm not sure where else you'd find that level of crazy, that's connected to me.

Basically, I've gone from being pretty open about things on the internet, to being really quite private. One crazy bitch managed to ruin twitter for me. Awesome.

As for the **** that's gone down since I won and Ingie won the tickets to Belgium, I had someone who I'd considered a friend slag me off behind my back. "If anyone else had won it would have been fine, but Laura's already had too much Mika" and "It's not fair, he's choosing his favourites." Yeah ****ing right. On top of that I've got randoms running to friends and telling them that a joke I made to said friend was "quite rude" and asking if they'd seen it. Doesn't affect them whatsoever, but suddenly I win a contest and everything I do and say needs to be told to someone.

Most people were really really nice, but a few managed to sully it. It's not an issue of bullying (believe me, I can't be bullied, not even my douchey boss who bullies the assistant managers tries it with me, he's not a complete fool) but instead it's about spoiling things. What happened on Thursday night was SO good. More than I'd dreamed of. But if Ingie and I post about it on here, well I think I'd have to be very very careful about what I say in future in any medium. Plus there are certain elements with which we kind of have an unspoken agreement with Mika not to post about. When we saw him after the Belgian gig we just said hi and that was it. Difficult to explain the vibes but I know Ingie knows what I mean.

The last few days have been very very precious to me. I adore Mika now more than ever and am so grateful to him for what was one of the best nights of my life. So really, as nice as you guys would be if I told you, I don't want to put myself in a position that can lead to negativity. It's a real shame, but right now, my memories of that night are perfect. I'm not about to have some crazy bitch ruin them. I might tell some of you face to face one day, but for now it remains private. All you guys really need to know is that I had a ****ing blast.

It's a shame that a few so called fans cause situations like this, but i agree with you Jazzy,i wouldn't post it either, private and personal the way to go:thumb_yello:

@Jazzy Thanks for being open about your twitter and FB bullying. I understand it now. To be honest I expected similar things to happen when I joined a fanclub as I guessed already that fanclubs may attract a number of special types of lunatics so I have made sure I keep my real life private. I may receive twitter bullying on my MFC account but as I never check my @replies I am not aware.:teehee:

Concerning your prize, I honestly don't think any fan in the UK would have 'deserved' it better as they were supposed to give it to someone with great writing skills and you most certainly have them. Your wrote a fascinating piece about the gig so as far as I am concerned MFCers should be proud of you and as far as meeting with the man goes,it is a private thing and not something that the details of which needs to be shared.

Amen sistah! I also don't let anyone bully me out of anything, but for now I've made the conscious decision to not be as involved in all this sh*t as I used to be. I have better things to do with my time and energy.

I had similar experiences as Laura, plus my old twitter account actually got hacked and I am pretty damn certain it was a Mika fan who did that.

And Laura and I have each other to relive this moment and it just feels like it's something between the two of us and Mika (and the rest of the band XD). Besides, we do not owe anything to anybody and if we change our minds in the future, well that's nice, but for now, please just respect our decision.

@Jazzy@IngievV: I'm so sorry that due to a crazy bitch or some insane fans,you can't share your amazing and unique experience from that night here,with the rest of us :huh: Thanks for your reports and vids,I guess you know how important is all those stuff for everyone else who wasn't there :flowers2: And of course we respect your decision,you were there and you know better :thumb_yello:

@Jazzy It's really a shame what happened to you :emot-sad: I'm sad that some people has that kind of behaviour :sneaky2:

I understand that you prefer not to do a report about your meeting with Mika after what happened :doh:

But I'm really happy for you and IngrivV because you had a Mika's magic night :huglove:

Ingie/Jazzy nothing winds up the crazies like not sharing info. The only thing that upsets them more than reality is their own wild imagination. Surely you learned that from Fokkers 101. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway I totally understand where you're coming from and when you have extraordinary moments you do not want to share it with people who wish you ill. When I came to MFC I saw all these amazing things happening for other people and I was inspired to go out there and make it happen for myself too. I will never understand these people who just want to drag everyone down to their level when they don't get what they want. I can't even get a tweet from Mika without setting off a round of jealous moaning from grown women who think they deserve to be tweeted more. It's surreal. I never experience anything like this in real life and I don't think I'll ever quite wrap my head around the fact that there are people out there over the age of 14 who think and behave this way.

But don't let it get you down. Even half a dozen whackos can make you feel like you are being attacked by everyone all the time but try to remember it is just a few and most people are good people who are happy to find others to share their excitement about Mika. :huglove:

I agree about the bullying thing, I haven't seen it here and I haven't seen it when I travel to different places to see concerts, people are just generally really nice and polite. Well I can't know about what's happening between local fans of course, and I know there's some really weird stalking in the internet (on twitter etc) so that's why I totally understand if fans are careful or if someone doesn't want to share every detail. If I won something official and special I would share it too, the same way I wrote about Magic points gig. That's one of reasons for fan clubs? To share experiences and thoughts?

Totally agree with you Nina and I love reading your posts and blogs:thumb_yello:

I'm glad you had such a special moment, I'm sorry some bitch is causing you trouble but it should not be the bitch that wins in the end.:sneaky2:

Ingie/Jazzy nothing winds up the crazies like not sharing info. The only thing that upsets them more than reality is their own wild imagination. Surely you learned that from Fokkers 101. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway I totally understand where you're coming from and when you have extraordinary moments you do not want to share it with people who wish you ill. When I came to MFC I saw all these amazing things happening for other people and I was inspired to go out there and make it happen for myself too. I will never understand these people who just want to drag everyone down to their level when they don't get what they want. I can't even get a tweet from Mika without setting off a round of jealous moaning from grown women who think they deserve to be tweeted more. It's surreal. I never experience anything like this in real life and I don't think I'll ever quite wrap my head around the fact that there are people out there over the age of 14 who think and behave this way.

But don't let it get you down. Even half a dozen whackos can make you feel like you are being attacked by everyone all the time but try to remember it is just a few and most people are good people who are happy to find others to share their excitement about Mika. :huglove:

:thumb_yello:

To Jazzy and IngievV, first of all, I thought both of you were absolutely lovely girls and I can't understand how anyone wouldn't feel happy for you getting to experience that. It's not like you aren't fans of Mika; Why shouldn't these fans feel happy for you? Anyway; Please don't let a few jealous fans make you fear sharing your stories with us, because that's what they want. The best thing to do is to just distance yourself from those types of people. Unfortunately, I myself has lost very dear friends because of jealousy and it's definitely one of the ugliest qualities that can be found in human beings.