MIKA @ Roundhouse, London, UK - 13 December

Christine

haha, yes, he also smiled at my sparkler app that i held up during stardust in zurich:

4571694-1325422641421.jpg

:naughty: it took me a while though to find that app, most of them are with ad banners and of course you don't want that on the screen. :aah: i thought that another possibility could be to just use a picture of a white/glowing star on a black background that everyone holds up on their phones for stardust. but i think with what rose is doing and with the candles we have enough already for london. maybe we can do that in manchester. but the candle app for UW is definitely a good idea for those in the crowd who don't have the LED candles. :thumb_yello: in the candle app that my bf has, the flame even moves when you move the phone, as if there was wind. :naughty:

Yes,the flame from that girl's phone was moving also,it was really cute. I'll look for a candle too,but if anyone can find an app with a candlelight or glowing stars,please share the link,I don't mind having both :thumb_yello:

Just been to Homebase DIY store, to see if they had the taper led candles(they don't). But they do have torches with glowing handles. So any UKers want to check that out, they are £3.99 and come in 3 different colours, a clear version being one of them:thumb_yello:

Just been to Homebase DIY store, to see if they had the taper led candles(they don't). But they do have torches with glowing handles. So any UKers want to check that out, they are £3.99 and come in 3 different colours, a clear version being one of them:thumb_yello:

I think it would be best to stick to the taper candles or tea light. The effect would be best if we're all the same and the candles will look quite Christmassy.

I think it would be best to stick to the taper candles or tea light. The effect would be best if we're all the same and the candles will look quite Christmassy.

I agree, just if some couldn't get candles or tealights, I could get a couple of them to help out.

I've just had a delivery of 50 taper candles, to my Irish address. :aah: I'd asked for them to be delivered to Buttons in the UK. So guess who won't be changing clothes too much in London?? :teehee:

I hope I have no problem bringing them in my carry on luggage.

my 2 cents....I definitely think all this is too much. Just ONE thing in the whole gig is going to have success. People don't like to be distracted from the gig handling many props and the athmosphere is too chaotic anyway.

If I were you I would concentrate on just one surprise but well organized.

my 2 cents....I definitely think all this is too much. Just ONE thing in the whole gig is going to have success. People don't like to be distracted from the gig handling many props and the athmosphere is too chaotic anyway.

I think the same. It can just get messy and lose any effect when there's too much going on.

To be honest, I would be happy not have to buy a load of tinsel, for this one, maybe change that for the Manchester show instead.

I'm still going ahead with the surprise that I haven't revealed yet though, as it works better for this show.

Right,and I think that the candle thing is a great idea :thumb_yello:

I've just had a delivery of 50 taper candles, to my Irish address. :aah: I'd asked for them to be delivered to Buttons in the UK. So guess who won't be changing clothes too much in London?? :teehee:

I hope I have no problem bringing them in my carry on luggage.

Teresa will it cost too much to forward them on to me ?

Has anyone checked that you'd be able to light candles in the theatre. I'm thinking of Health and Safety. Its much more strict now, than it used to be.

I don't want to be a Killjoy, but its best to know before, rather than be told on the night that you can't light the candles.

It would look lovely, but I won't bring a candle as I'd probably drop the thing, and Alan and I arn't going to be in the main part anyway, we'll be upstairs.

Has anyone checked that you'd be able to light candles in the theatre. I'm thinking of Health and Safety. Its much more strict now, than it used to be.

I don't want to be a Killjoy, but its best to know before, rather than be told on the night that you can't light the candles.

It would look lovely, but I won't bring a candle as I'd probably drop the thing, and Alan and I arn't going to be in the main part anyway, we'll be upstairs.

They are led battery operated candles Marylin:thumb_yello:

two or three things can work well, if it's for different songs, especially if those songs aren't too close together. :thumb_yello: of course it also depends what it is... for example blowing up balloons is more demanding than just switching on a LED light, so i don't think the candles are a big problem. it's just another form of a lighter, like you used to have them at every concert in the 80s and 90s for all the slow songs. :bleh: in cologne we had 2 main things, balloons for OOL and tinsel for celebrate... some girls on the german forum had decided that they also wanted streamers and confetti for celebrate, and i gotta say, yes, 2 or more things for the same song can become more stress than fun. the tinsel and the balloons both worked well though. :thumb_yello: (although... mika also had some fun with a bag of confetti... :naughty:)

rose, did i understand it correctly that you wanted to buy the tinsel in the UK country colours? i think this would be perfect for london! ok maybe that's just because i'm a tourist and you see those colours at every corner in london (since a lot of "corners" in london are for tourists, haha! :roftl:)... anyway, my opinion, i'd love the UK-coloured tinsel for london. :biggrin2: if it's just all sorts of different colours, manchester is just as fine with me.

Edited by mellody

They are led battery operated candles Marylin:thumb_yello:

Oh right. I just wondered. Okay that's great, I'll get some a battery operated candle-light to shine from the balcony.

By the way. To paraphrase Liza Minelli

Its MARI with an I not MARY with a Y, and its LYN not LIN

MARI & LYN = MARILYN

Oh right. I just wondered. Okay that's great, I'll get some a battery operated candle-light to shine from the balcony.

By the way. To paraphrase Liza Minelli

Its MARI with an I not MARY with a Y, and its LYN not LIN

MARI & LYN = MARILYN

Sorry, I keep getting the y & i the wrong way round:naughty:

Sabine and Laurel, would you like me to order a pack of candles each for you both,

as they are 4.50 per pack of 5, but the postage is a standard 2.50 for either 1 pack or 10 packs :blink:

just let me know:thumb_yello:

I'd love a pack yes ... I was gonna order some tomorrow but either way ... I want some :wub2:

Sabine and Laurel, would you like me to order a pack of candles each for you both,

as they are 4.50 per pack of 5, but the postage is a standard 2.50 for either 1 pack or 10 packs :blink:

just let me know:thumb_yello:

One pack please :thumb_yello: and thank you so much :huglove:

Hey, I wanna get involved in the candle thing if I can, but nor quite Surtees what it it's indeed to do lol. If someone could fill me in it'd be much appreciated :)

What is happening is, some of us are buying packs of led candles, to wave during Underwater. I'm sure you can get one from someone :thumb_yello:

Hey, I wanna get involved in the candle thing if I can, but nor quite Surtees what it it's indeed to do lol. If someone could fill me in it'd be much appreciated :)

You can either get your own, buttonslovesu posted a link in a previous post or we will have some spare. The more people that have them the better the effect would be, so it would be great if you could buy some.