Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure which shows you mean but there is no nudity on network television in the US. Shows like Dexter for example are on pay stations so you have to order and pay for them if you want to watch them. They don't go out over free public airwaves. Sometimes we air these cable shows on network TV in Canada but they are heavily edited - like Sex and the City which is basically like an episode of Friends once you take out the most raunchy parts.

What about a show like True Blood?

I'm not sure which shows you mean but there is no nudity on network television in the US. Shows like Dexter for example are on pay stations so you have to order and pay for them if you want to watch them. They don't go out over free public airwaves. Sometimes we air these cable shows on network TV in Canada but they are heavily edited - like Sex and the City which is basically like an episode of Friends once you take out the most raunchy parts.

Ah, I see, thanks for explaining! I was referring to many American shows/movies I can watch from the Finnish television channels (shown to everyone). They really edit comedy shows like Sex and the City?? :blink: In Finland it's parents' responsibility to control what their children watch.

From MIKASOUNDS FACEBOOK:

On 27th September, Mika will be celebrating this year's Arthur's Day with 2 very special performances somewhere in Ireland…. We can’t tell you where exactly the venues are yet as it’s SECRET, but keep watching this page and the event website below for more information. Ireland, here we come!

http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/index.html

On 27th September, Mika will be celebrating this year's Arthur's Day with 2 very special performances somewhere in Ireland…. We can’t tell you where exactly the venues are yet as it’s SECRET, but keep watching this page and the event website below for more information. Ireland, here we come!

Ahhh so happy for Irish fans!!!

In Finland it's parents' responsibility to control what their children watch.

It's not just about children. Some people just don't want to see nudity on their TVs. That's why warnings are required and it's easier to just restrict it completely. The networks will get complaints and if there is too much controversy advertisers will threaten to pull their adverts, etc. Cable TV gets their revenue from subscriptions so they don't have to worry about advertisers and special interest groups kicking up a fuss.

I know it doesn't seem to matter in this day and age but there is a long history behind this kind of censorship. When I was growing up there was no cable TV, people didn't have VCRs in their homes and you couldn't take your children to see movies with the kind of sex and violence we see today. TV was extremely sanitized and any movies were heavily edited before they were broadcast.

I remember they used to have rules about the actors having to keep a foot on the floor if they were in a bedroom and you couldn't say words like "pregnant" :lmfao:

:yay:

Don't know where exactely to post this:

http://listeningparty.snowite.fr/register/b72c5f1ad9146758

Is it a secret listening party?:dunno:

:yay: I hope this is right about it being in 1 day and 8 hours because I will be home from work by then.