guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

On my way from Paris to Milan. Am being haunted by todays images of those lab rats who were fed GM corn. I feel for the poor creatures

But he doesn't feel for th harry potter owls in his living room nor his vampire skeletons...:doh::mf_rosetinted:

But he doesn't feel for th harry potter owls in his living room nor his vampire skeletons...:doh::mf_rosetinted:

I should think those animals were dead before taxidermy. I mean,

they weren't lab animals who were tested on or killed specifically for the

purposes of being mounted and displayed. :dunno:

I should think those animals were dead before taxidermy. I mean,

they weren't lab animals who were tested on or killed specifically for the

purposes of being mounted and displayed. :dunno:

Depends how old they are - most 19th century stuffed animals were poached for the purpose.

(I just know people who are interested in this sort of thing okay don't judge me :mf_rosetinted:)

Depends how old they are - most 19th century stuffed animals were poached for the purpose.

I think you could argue that killing animals in the wild is at least preferable to breeding them for that purpose.

Did you see any stuffed animals in SA? I remember a pair of lions in Kruger Park but you couldn't buy them unless you were South African because it was illegal to ship them outside the country.

I saw the taxidermy shop in France that Mika mentioned and noticed there was a stuffed lion and I wonder where it came from. Unless it is 19th century and has just been traded around like an antique.

It's all a bit mental IMO. :boxed:

Jack White (White Stripes) collects taxidermy animals too.

Personally I wouldn't want it in my house. Especially his bat in glass he's so proud of. Guess it's a good thing I don't live there :naughty: At night, that stuffed bird would freak me out.

My father was a hunter and I grew up with lots of dead animals in our house, they are still there. I never thought about it, it was just normal to be surrounded by them :wink2:

My father was a hunter and I grew up with lots of dead animals in our house, they are still there. I never thought about it, it was just normal to be surrounded by them :wink2:

My dad's a hunter too, there's lots of dead animals in our house too, I never thought it was normal though and I never will.

*brrrrr*