Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

He hasn't been on tour constantly since 2006 though. That's just a story he tells. :aah:

But I agree he probably wants to do other things now. I think it's almost unfortunate that he was so successful from before LICM was even released. Unfortunately the only direction to go from the top is down. :aah:

Of course I know about his break around Paloma's accident - but I think he has been focused on making music and touring - all the time, even he was out of the public eye for some months :blush-anim-cl: there has been a big pressure on his shoulders - about following up his huge success after LICM ...

Love,love

me

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching him during the last tour (Nov/Dec) and so worried that he will just go and never come back. He did great shows and I loved them but he wasn't really thrilled if you know what I mean. Not like he used to be, even though he did several amazing famous venues with sold out shows. And he talked about going back to studio, not coming for a long time etc. and didn't seem to have any clear plan (or he just didn't want to share it). So I'm more than happy he is at least doing some festivals and sharing random information about his new projects (filming, collaboration etc). And I still hope he has a lot of plans for 2013 even he isn't properly touring!

I was watching him during the last tour (Nov/Dec) and so worried that he will just go and never come back. He did great shows and I loved them but he wasn't really thrilled if you know what I mean. Not like he used to be, even though he did several amazing famous venues with sold out shows. And he talked about going back to studio, not coming for a long time etc. and didn't seem to have any clear plan (or he just didn't want to share it). So I'm more than happy he is at least doing some festivals and sharing random information about his new projects (filming, collaboration etc). And I still hope he has a lot of plans for 2013 even he isn't properly touring!

:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

t4p! but this festival with David Guetta it isn't on 23 June? now I'm lost :blink:

Well, NRJ Strasbourg could have just made a typo -- don't think there's any reason to get upset over that. :wink2:

He's pregnant.

:teehee:

:lmfao:

But seriously, I don't think there's any reason to freak out. No one's used the words "retiring" or "quitting music" or "permanently". It sounds like he's just taking a step back to reflect and reassess his life/career. So there may not be a huge world tour in the immediate future -- we were all coming to that conclusion anyway, weren't we? I mean, that was becoming pretty clear. So, while it's disappointing to think that we might not see Mika performing live for a while, except for these few festivals this summer, I don't think it's the end of Mika World forever. :naughty:

Edited by dcdeb

Well, NRJ Strasbourg could have just made a typo -- don't think there's any reason to get upset over that. :wink2:

:lmfao:

But seriously, I don't think there's any reason to freak out. No one's used the words "retiring" or "quitting music" or "permanently". It sounds like he's just taking a step back to reflect and reassess his life/career. So there may not be a huge world tour in the immediate future -- we were all coming to that conclusion anyway, weren't we? I mean, that was becoming pretty clear. So, while it's disappointing to think that we might not see Mika performing live for a while, except for these few festivals this summer, I don't think it's the end of Mika World forever. :naughty:

Anyhow, I see that NRJ Marseille has tweeted that Mika will be on their Music News at 16:25 today, so maybe we'll learn more then. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for you answer Deb, and totally agree with your argument about Mika. :wink2:

I'm sure he has maaaaany plans. They just don't include touring. :naughty:

He made it appear that we would be involved in some way

"He didn't seem so happy"? How and where did you notice? I may not be such an observant fan as some others, so please enlighten me.

Indeed. I've been backstage at most dates this tour and I haven't seen him be anything but passionate and excited. And bitchy, but that was about other things :naughty:. He was the one who came up with how he wanted all the balloon things to be done in Brussels and joked around and was really nervous for the show. The spark is still there. He is just more mature and composed.

That's what people do when they turn 30. :teehee:

:naughty:

That's true, though.

At 30.

And at 40.

And at 50.

:old:

And I see that I misread the time of NRJ Marseille tweet -- Mika was supposedly on their music news at 16:25 yesterday. I can't find anything about it on their site:

http://www.nrj.fr/

:dunno:

But seriously, I don't think there's any reason to freak out. No one's used the words "retiring" or "quitting music" or "permanently". It sounds like he's just taking a step back to reflect and reassess his life/career.

I don't even think the comment says that much. It says he had an extensive tour and now he's taking a step back but still playing festivals. Sounds to me like all they were talking about was touring. :dunno:

Not that I don't think he won't be reassessing his career, but we've been speculating about that for months. IMO he's never actually said anything to indicate that he is doing that/will do it, it's just assumed that that's what someone in his position would do.

He made it appear that we would be involved in some way

Maybe Mika is buying into some fans' notion that we should be excited and happy about whatever he is doing even if we have nothing to do with it whatsoever. :naughty:

*waits for Louboutin photo shoot tweets* :pinkbow:

I don't even think the comment says that much. It says he had an extensive tour and now he's taking a step back but still playing festivals. Sounds to me like all they were talking about was touring. :dunno:

Not that I don't think he won't be reassessing his career, but we've been speculating about that for months. IMO he's never actually said anything to indicate that he is doing that/will do it, it's just assumed that that's what someone in his position would do.

I guess I got the idea about reassessing from the other tweet NRJ Strasbourg put out:

@mikasounds est l'invité des news de @martin_antoine ce matin pour faire le bilan de sa tournée #Theoriginoflove

Bing translates that as "Mika is the news guest of Martin Antoine this morning to take stock of his tour The Origin of Love."

Not to talk about it, but to "take stock" of it. That combined with the Facebook post, which used the phrase "va prendre du recul" instead of taking a break... sort of sounded like reflecting on things. :dunno:

In any case, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this... or of Mika. It just may not be what we want to hear from him or how/when we want to hear it. :wink2:

I guess I got the idea about reassessing from the other tweet NRJ Strasbourg put out:

@mikasounds est l'invité des news de @martin_antoine ce matin pour faire le bilan de sa tournée #Theoriginoflove

Bing translates that as "Mika is the news guest of Martin Antoine this morning to take stock of his tour The Origin of Love."

Not to talk about it, but to "take stock" of it. That combined with the Facebook post, which used the phrase "va prendre du recul" instead of taking a break... sort of sounded like reflecting on things. :dunno:

In any case, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this... or of Mika. It just may not be what we want to hear from him or how/when we want to hear it. :wink2:

"pour faire le bilan de sa tournée" could also mean evaluate, take a look back

on his tour

Martin Antoine the journalist Mika was talking to tweeted this to Sarina " i think There are mistakes mika don't leave the music he is working about new projects "

This sounds very different to the two sentenses they wrote on the Fb side. I think he realises right now what chaos they caused there.

"He didn't seem so happy"? How and where did you notice? I may not be such an observant fan as some others, so please enlighten me.

At he Roundhouse gig, he seemed a bit grumpy to me most of the way through, til near the end. Not the happy guy he usually is at his home gigs.

Martin Antoine the journalist Mika was talking to tweeted this to Sarina " i think There are mistakes mika don't leave the music he is working about new projects "

This sounds very different to the two sentenses they wrote on the Fb side. I think he realises right now what chaos they caused there.

That's all I read in the FB posts anyway. I don't know where the idea came from that he was retiring.

This is why I take fan accounts with a big grain of salt. :naughty:

At he Roundhouse gig, he seemed a bit grumpy to me most of the way through, til near the end. Not the happy guy he usually is at his home gigs.

i agree I have only been to two of his london shows but he did seem a bit down at roundhouse at least he seemed a lot happier at heave in July

So he had a bad day. That can happen to anyone. :dunno:

From MIKA'S FB:

"There seem to be some rumours going around today, on Twitter etc, that Mika is 'taking a step back' from music. A lot of you have been in touch to ask if the shows are cancelled, if there will ever be any more music and what is going on, so we thought we'd set the record straight. This is one big misunderstanding, a rumour only and incorrect. Mika has a lot of different things going on but is very excited about going out to festivals this summer, he loves making music and has no plans to retire! In fact, we have some pretty exciting news coming this week, so hold tight...."

Yeah, seemed half hearted to me too. That or too nervous.

As to choosing to "work on other projects" rather than gigging, I still suspect he's making a virtue out of necessity.

In fact, we have some pretty exciting news coming this week, so hold tight...."

I wish they would just make announcements in a timely fashion instead of waiting for the rumours to leak out first. Especially when most of the rumours are true (i.e. festival dates).

From MIKA'S FB:

"There seem to be some rumours going around today, on Twitter etc, that Mika is 'taking a step back' from music. A lot of you have been in touch to ask if the shows are cancelled, if there will ever be any more music and what is going on, so we thought we'd set the record straight. This is one big misunderstanding, a rumour only and incorrect. Mika has a lot of different things going on but is very excited about going out to festivals this summer, he loves making music and has no plans to retire! In fact, we have some pretty exciting news coming this week, so hold tight...."

:thumb_yello:

I wish they would just make announcements in a timely fashion instead of waiting for the rumours to leak out first. Especially when most of the rumours are true (i.e. festival dates).

yup exactly. so many times a festival date is on this thread before they make a big show of it on fb...it's nice that they confirm it and they reach a bigger audience than mfc, but i dunno why all the hoopla..:dunno: or maybe i'm just jaded because i'd bet anyone that this 'exciting news' is just another european festival. great news for the european fans not, so great for any poor saps who're still holding out for the NA or SA tour stated last year :aah:

i'd bet anyone that this 'exciting news' is just another european festival. great news for the european fans not, so great for any poor saps who're still holding out for the NA or SA tour stated last year :aah:

I don't know what it is but it's obviously a done deal so just announce it already before we hear about it on Twitter like everything else. :sneaky2:

That's what people do when they turn 30. :teehee:

That's what I've been thinking too! It's normal to look back at your life at 30 and think of what you want to do with the rest of your life.