MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

I belong to the fans who are not happy with Mika participating in these shows ( but who cares :fisch:)

BUT:

For me, most positive thing about XF and The Voice is that I see how hardworking and professional Mika is. That`s enough for me to remain loyal and support him.

He`s working, work is not waste of time but (here I come close to the negative moments I feel about it ) - work can be such waste of talent.... This is the case ( imo)

Mika has explained his motives during the Bocconi lecture, so now I got these motives better. But his latest performance at "Che Tempo Che Fa" shows perfectly where he really belongs and what he does best.

For me, most positive thing about XF and The Voice is that I see how hardworking and professional Mika is. That`s enough for me to remain loyal and support him.

He`s working, work is not waste of time but (here I come close to the negative moments I feel about it ) - work can be such waste of talent.... This is the case ( imo)

Mika has explained his motives during the Bocconi lecture, so now I got these motives better. But his latest performance at "Che Tempo Che Fa" shows perfectly where he really belongs and what he does best.

This is very much how I think too. Totally agree about his latest performance in Italy and had very mixed feelings when watching it. I loved it because it was a stunning performance! It was absolutely beautiful :wub2: At the same time I felt sad because we can't hear more of it (and singing like that is what he does best). We all prefer seeing him on stage. However, of course I support him with his other projects. Why wouldn't I. He works hard and professionally and there are different sides in every job. If television work is the way to see his theater show and maybe a new acoustic tour then yes, he just needs to do it. I don't even think he is doing things for money, I rather see it he is doing things to achieve something else or to have better options, and I think X Factor probably gave him also some real satisfaction, it looked he wanted to do things well and he was very ambitious with his Italian (and he should be pleased how well everything went).

I think he genuinely wants to do many different things and to be creative, I can't imagine him focusing on only singing even without these commercial projects. He is always using a huge amount of time for album cover art and shows and every little detail and I believe he loves trying new things. It's a part of him. Of course I'm happiest when he writes new music and does acoustic gigs and I've always wanted to see him doing music for films and I especially enjoy reading his columns and blogs, but I do watch everything else too and I'm proud to see him doing his work well, whatever it is. I'm always glad when something looks "Mika" even if it's an advertisement or a design project (Swatch was one of my favorites).

This is very much how I think too. Totally agree about his latest performance in Italy and had very mixed feelings when watching it. I loved it because it was a stunning performance! It was absolutely beautiful :wub2: At the same time I felt sad because we can't hear more of it (and singing like that is what he does best). We all prefer seeing him on stage. However, of course I support him with his other projects. Why wouldn't I. He works hard and professionally and there are different sides in every job. If television work is the way to see his theater show and maybe a new acoustic tour then yes, he just needs to do it. I don't even think he is doing things for money, I rather see it he is doing things to achieve something else or to have better options, and I think X Factor probably gave him also some real satisfaction, it looked he wanted to do things well and he was very ambitious with his Italian (and he should be pleased how well everything went).

I think he genuinely wants to do many different things and to be creative, I can't imagine him focusing on only singing even without these commercial projects. He is always using a huge amount of time for album cover art and shows and every little detail and I believe he loves trying new things. It's a part of him. Of course I'm happiest when he writes new music and does acoustic gigs and I've always wanted to see him doing music for films and I especially enjoy reading his columns and blogs, but I do watch everything else too and I'm proud to see him doing his work well, whatever it is. I'm always glad when something looks "Mika" even if it's an advertisement or a design project (Swatch was one of my favorites).

But Nina, he has said so himself. He basically said that he was doing it for the money and I for one don't think that that is a lie.

Yes, I have no problem with sideprojects as I can access most of them, but I do have a problem with sideprojects such as X-factor which make him unable to do that acoustic tour because of commitments to the show. He has done it now, he had fun, he is a celebrity in Italy, he is happy hurray, but I personally hope that it is time to go back to selling music instead of selling all those other things. He made enough money now. Time to keep his promises. I for one don't feel like I owe him my support for things I'm not interested in, such as these talent shows.

:thumb_yello:

PS I still believe most of us ,fans, are here to support him, even through criticism, aren`t we?

But Nina, he has said so himself. He basically said that he was doing it for the money and I for one don't think that that is a lie..

did he really say for money? might have missed something somewhere, but i guess what nina means is that he's done it for financing his music projects. so of course it's money,but money he plans to use for the things we want from him. or at least that is what he says. :wink2:

He made enough money now. Time to keep his promises. I for one don't feel like I owe him my support for things I'm not interested in, such as these talent shows.

time to keep his promises, that's for sure. but if he thinks he can do both at the same time, i'll first wait and see whether that's true before i call him a liar.

and of course you don't have to support him in everything he does. i didn't watch much of xfactor either. but i won't stop supporting him as a musician, just because he doesn't make music all the time. and if i can, i also would travel to italy for his gigs there, like i've done it in the past few years as well. :original: tho of course i'd prefer a gig in my own country. :teehee:

did he really say for money? might have missed something somewhere, but i guess what nina means is that he's done it for financing his music projects. so of course it's money,but money he plans to use for the things we want from him. or at least that is what he says. :wink2:

time to keep his promises, that's for sure. but if he thinks he can do both at the same time, i'll first wait and see whether that's true before i call him a liar.

and of course you don't have to support him in everything he does. i didn't watch much of xfactor either. but i won't stop supporting him as a musician, just because he doesn't make music all the time. and if i can, i also would travel to italy for his gigs there, like i've done it in the past few years as well. :original: tho of course i'd prefer a gig in my own country. :teehee:

Whether he does it to make money for himself or for new projects, he still does it for the money. He called himself a prostitute and that is someone who outwhores themselves for money.

You put words in my mouth which I did not said. I did not call him a liar. I never said I would stop supporting him as a musician because of the sideprojects. You understood me wrong. I don't support his talent show ventures but of course I would support him if he brings out new music. Honestly, why the hell would I even still be here if I only cared about the music? I would have been long gone.

And that's good for you and I hope that those gigs will come and yes he would be perfectly capable of touring Italy and doing X-factor but that is not the point. I don't want to be forced to go to Italy for gigs. I want him to tour Europe, the USA, Asia, Australia. Not just sit around in a country with zero effect on the music business.

If you are satisfied with that, that's fine. But I still think he is far to talented to waste his time on another season of X-factor.

Edited by IngievV

But Nina, he has said so himself. He basically said that he was doing it for the money and I for one don't think that that is a lie.

I don't think you got my point here. I know what he is saying and I guess it was obvious from the beginning there's money involved in projects like this. I still don't believe he is doing it for MONEY. I simply don't believe that his attitude for money is like that (meaning I can't see money as his first priority). In this case money is needed to achieve and finance something else (promotion, recording, tours I hope).

Lol, he surely needs a lot money for his lifestyle (compared to average people) but I want to trust he can think clearly and knows that money can't bring him happiness. I can be wrong of course. I guess I have tendency to think good of people.

Yes, exactly.

Edited by tiibet

I'm sorry, I can't talk with you about this talent show subject, the picture that Deb posted just burned my brain out :mf_rosetinted:

I wanted to post this pic here yesterday,but I was afraid of being banned :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously? Was it too much? Have you never ventured into the "Mikagasmic" thread? :naughty:

I won't do it again. :crossed:

I don't think you got my point here. I know what he is saying and I guess it was obvious from the beginning there's money involved in projects like this. I still don't believe he is doing it for MONEY. I simply don't believe that his attitude for money is like that (meaning I can't see money as his first priority). In this case money is needed to achieve and finance something else (promotion, recording, tours I hope).

Lol, he surely needs a lot money for his lifestyle (compared to average people) but I want to trust he can think clearly and knows that money can't bring him happiness. I can be wrong of course. I guess I have tendency to think good of people.

And you did not get my point. I never said it was just money to maintain his lifestyle. Regardless if it is for new music or him personally, it was about money. There is no shame in that as long as you just say it. Which he did now.

And you did not get my point. I never said it was just money to maintain his lifestyle. Regardless if it is for new music or him personally, it was about money. There is no shame in that as long as you just say it. Which he did now.

I did get your point. I mentioned it as a separate issue that he needs money for his lifestyle too. I mean, it must be true?

However, it matters to me if he is abandoning his dreams just to make more money or if he is making more money to achieve those dreams. There's a big priority difference. I can't explain it better.

I want him to tour Europe, the USA, Asia, Australia.

And South America :thumb_yello:

Seriously? Was it too much? Have you never ventured into the "Mikagasmic" thread? :naughty:

I won't do it again. :crossed:

Please, do it again :teehee: It's winter, we need some hotness :mf_rosetinted:

I did get your point. I mentioned it as a separate issue that he needs money for his lifestyle too. I mean, it must be true?

However, it matters to me if he is abandoning his dreams just to make more money or if he is making more money to achieve those dreams. There's a big priority difference. I can't explain it better.

Perhaps, but I am pretty certain the Voice and X-factor paid enough this time to achieve those dreams for next year so I don't see why another season is necessary.

agree. :thumb_yello:

Perhaps, but I am pretty certain the Voice and X-factor paid enough this time to achieve those dreams for next year so I don't see why another season is necessary.

well, we really don't know how much he was paid for x-factor, do we.

And I've heard rumors that he was paid far less than the other judges, being almost a mr. no one and they asessed celebrities.

I'm sure he's trying to take advantage of the enormous success he's achieved and brought to the programme and signed a very $$$$$$ contract for next year.

But then Mika...you are kindly requested to produce a masterpiece record!!! :naughty:

Moreover, it's not only about money. I bet he enjoyed the XF experience because it is a good chance no meet the new interesting people in the musical circles. He is not a robot, he needs something for his soul, he needs some inspiration, new ideas, new thoughts conveyed by some tuned people. He experienced new feelings, looked at all this business from another side and the other point of view. Which will be useful for the new album writing, I believe.

He hugely developed his personality, even learning a new language. It adds some self-confidence and the powers to go on to the new horizons (sorry for sounding so highbrow).

Of course the fans crave for a new album, but he didn't waste his time. He needs time for his own interests and for the inspiration. Otherwise he will transform into the music-writing machine.

well, we really don't know how much he was paid for x-factor, do we.

And I've heard rumors that he was paid far less than the other judges, being almost a mr. no one and they asessed celebrities.

I'm sure he's trying to take advantage of the enormous success he's achieved and brought to the programme and signed a very $$$$$$ contract for next year.

But then Mika...you are kindly requested to produce a masterpiece record!!! :naughty:

I'm sure it's still 10 times more than I make in 6 years.

But honestly, you all keep moaning about him making his dream come true blabla, but I never said that I don't want him to achieve his dreams. I never said that he wasn't allowed to make money off of these things. You are not reading properly. What I do say is that I personally would not want him to do a second season of X-factor because I became a fan of Mika the Musician, not Mika the Italian Reality Star.

Moreover, it's not only about money. I bet he enjoyed the XF experience because it is a good chance no meet the new interesting people in the musical circles. He is not a robot, he needs something for his soul, he needs some inspiration, new ideas, new thoughts conveyed by some tuned people. He experienced new feelings, looked at all this business from another side and the other point of view. Which will be useful for the new album writing, I believe.

He hugely developed his personality, even learning a new language. It adds some self-confidence and the powers to go on to the new horizons (sorry for sounding so highbrow).

Of course the fans crave for a new album, but he didn't waste his time. He needs time for his own interests and for the inspiration. Otherwise he will transform into the music-writing machine.

Yes fantastic but you missed the part where I was not talking about this year's X-Factor as that is over and I managed to avoid most of it thank ****. I am talking about a next season which is not necessary in my eyes and I think it will stop him from touring and promoting an album.

I wonder why everyone is so pressed about me saying he is too talented for this talent show. If anything, that is a massive compliment.

Edited by IngievV

Long before these talent shows (and I mean the X Factor era shows, not the original shows from years ago that used industry insiders, not performing artists as judges), music artists got inspiration quite happily by living their life and looking at things that were going on around them and in the world in general.

Mika meets all different kinds of artists in the circles he travels in, not just known artists, but up and coming talent who work hard at their craft every day and don't go on these shows to get instant gratification. There are thousands of talented people out there gigging every night in venues in every town in the world, I'm sure he would get just as much inspiration and confidence from working with some of these people, who love music as much as he does.

Well, the only thing that fits good to this discussion and describes the situation is the proverb ''The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on''. One year ago a wrote almost the same in the same topic, and it turned out to be true. Just read the old thread about the XF news.

Well, the only thing that fits good to this discussion and describes the situation is the proverb ''The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on''. One year ago a wrote almost the same in the same topic, and it turned out to be true. Just read the old thread about the XF news.

Ah, so what you're saying is that we should just mindlessly praise and love everything Mika does because he is going to do it anyway? I'm sorry, but I refuse that. It doesn't make you a loyal fan. I prefer to have my own opinion and the freedom to express it and my opinion about these shows has not changed.

Agree with every word. Also agree with Nina's perspective, which is more or less my own. For the reasons that you wrote I really wish he didn't do a second season of XF (as they say, 'Paganini does not repeat'), simply because he has absolutely made the most out of this experience, and another one I fear might not add something new and stimulating. BUT Mika is an intelligent person and IF he finds that, regardless of what I think, another season might be as stimulating as this one -on a human and artistic level- and he manages to combine these inputs with his new music, I'll be happy. Having said that, I strongly hope he does not do another season, and from all the interviews I've seen/read he looks keen to cultivate these new stimulations and to rielaborate them in his music. He seems really focused. As I always say, I guess we have to wait and see.

Ah, so what you're saying is that we should just mindlessly praise and love everything Mika does because he is going to do it anyway? I'm sorry, but I refuse that. It doesn't make you a loyal fan. I prefer to have my own opinion and the freedom to express it and my opinion about these shows has not changed.

Yes, I see this phrase every year, from time to time, whatever it concerns :fisch: