MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Even if Italy is a small market, I think his current success (ie sales of songbook) is something that can be used to point to promoters that there are still a need for his music and that it can happen in other countries with proper promotion.

Yes, I think Mika hopes this also. Fact is I have no idea about music markets but I have confidence in Mika that he knows very well what he is doing. :naughty:

But who makes the music market? I had always the idea that it has to do with the population of a country. I think I'm wrong with this, because Netherlands has about 17 Millions of population, Italy has 69 Million, a little bit more as Great Britian.

But who makes the music market?

The people who buy music. It doesn't matter how big the population is if they don't spend their money on music.

EDIT:Here are the top 20 most valuable markets. Canadians are spending more than twice as much as Italians with little more than half the population.

http://routenote.com/blog/top-20-most-valuable-music-markets/

And I would never suggest Mika spend 6 months here. If he wants to sell records there are other places more important to invest time. Canada has a little bit of cross border influence because some Americans can pick up our airwaves but it's nothing compared to the US and UK who are exporting their music and their musical tastes everywhere.

France is also large and has some influence on other markets so The Voice makes more sense to me.

This is the problem, you see. Say he announces a tour. Then he'd have to sell out the venues. Say he announces his new album for (say) the end of next year. Then he'd have to sell his album.

Okay, so the way I see it (my personal view) is that the record company have given up on him as a charting popstar in many countries (especially the UK) they just see him as one of those acts who may sell a few albums here and there, but are not worthy of promotion.

So the poor guy has to do things to promote himself.

I do understand the fans' desire for a tour and an album. But I don't think it's that simple. If his record company won't help him by promoting hin as they should, he has to do it himself. But it won't be as quick as if the company were doing it for him, and just letting him get on with his singing.

I actually think, if we leave it to him, it will be worth it in the long run. Okay, I could be wrong, I admit I could be. But next year we know there is the movie with Century Man. That song could be a huge hit. No one knows for sure yet. But let's look on the bright side.

He also said there ware things in the UK he has had offers for. So again, I look on the bright side. I could be way off-base, but I'd sooner look on the bright side than write off next year, just because he might do another X Factor. I have enjoyed the X Factor experience anyway.

I'm among those rares, who strongly supports your opinion :thumb_yello:

Your words are wise and well-thought.

found it:

"He lies down on the chair, says to the photographer, the same that for us has portrayed Bolle: "I do not bare and I do not show muscles, so I do not make a bad impression to Roberto.""

from http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3958035&postcount=170

Yes he was Roberto Bolle! He is one of the most famous ballet dancers, he has danced in the most prestigious theaters in all the world, and I think in 2004 he was the ètoile at the theatre of La Scala (very, very prestigious title). He is really famous and he is really amazing. That thing with the Vanity Fair interview, maybe the translation wasn't too clear, Bolle was photographed before Mika and Mika ironically said he wouldn't get naked for the photo shoot in order not to look too good compared to him (he was being self-ironic because being a dancer Bolle has a perfect body). Hope it's clear now! I'm happy that they met :)

Yes he was Roberto Bolle! He is one of the most famous ballet dancers, he has danced in the most prestigious theaters in all the world, and I think in 2004 he was the ètoile at the theatre of La Scala (very, very prestigious title). He is really famous and he is really amazing. That thing with the Vanity Fair interview, maybe the translation wasn't too clear, Bolle was photographed before Mika and Mika ironically said he wouldn't get naked for the photo shoot in order not to look too good compared to him (he was being self-ironic because being a dancer Bolle has a perfect body). Hope it's clear now! I'm happy that they met :)

Thank you,Teresa,for explaining :thumb_yello: Now makes sense! And yes,I've seen Bolle's pictures from Vanity Fair :naughty:

I see X Factor, Voice as positive things. In America, it's a huge deal to be a judge, it gets you tons of press and money. What's so bad about that?

Because it's not supposed to be about the judges, it's supposed to be about the contestants!

And going back to Cowells original remit for the premise of the show, looking for someone with that certain something that will wow people, not just their singing, but their personality, something that makes them outstanding.

I'm sorry but in all the UK winners I can't say I have seen anything like that. And Cowell usually likes someone that he can mould into what he wants to market, not letting someone have their personality shine out, hence why it's become bland and boring.

I love the UK X Factor, they've produced some successful artists.

That is because, sadly, the UK have bought into Cowells bland unimaginative idea of what pop music should be.

Hence this is partly why Mika hasn't been able to sustain a presence here, the UK just don't like him doing imaginative music, that has substance.

Yes it's time to move on to Luxembourg Idol.

That wouldn't surprise me at this point actually. I have a gut feeling he might do some talent show in Spain after The Voice France :blink: If this happens I'm psychic and will go :doh: (again)

found it:

"He lies down on the chair, says to the photographer, the same that for us has portrayed Bolle: "I do not bare and I do not show muscles, so I do not make a bad impression to Roberto.""

from http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3958035&postcount=170

Perfect body? That's an understatement.

Roberto-Bolle_Hom-VF-Homotography-06.jpg

:swoon:

I see X Factor, Voice as positive things. In America, it's a huge deal to be a judge, it gets you tons of press and money. What's so bad about that?

I guess I'm out of the loop since I don't watch this sort of show, but I don't see it as a huge deal in the US. Maybe it means money, I'll grant you that. But, aside from Adam Levine, of Maroon 5, who's been doing the judging for the Voice here in the US, it seems to me that the judges have all been has-beens or never-quite-was-es. The Voice is Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera -- none of whom are are big names in my universe at the moment. I mean, Christina *should* be, but she is really not any more. And X Factor is who? I don't even know right now. Demi Lovato? Who else, since Britney left? I really don't know without Googling. :dunno:

So yeah, there's money in it, but I don't think it's exactly a prestige position these days.

I guess I'm out of the loop since I don't watch this sort of show, but I don't see it as a huge deal in the US. Maybe it means money, I'll grant you that. But, aside from Adam Levine, of Maroon 5, who's been doing the judging for the Voice here in the US, it seems to me that the judges have all been has-beens or never-quite-was-es. The Voice is Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera -- none of whom are are big names in my universe at the moment. I mean, Christina *should* be, but she is really not any more. And X Factor is who? I don't even know right now. Demi Lovato? Who else, since Britney left? I really don't know without Googling. :dunno:

So yeah, there's money in it, but I don't think it's exactly a prestige position these days.

I agree, but in the US there is 395215 channels and 38472864823184 tv shows playing at the same time. Even if The Voice and X factor are big shows, a lot of people don't watch them. In smaller markets like in Quebec, there are 2-3 big channels so people don't have a lot of choices. In that case, these shows have a bigger impact.

If Mika is doing X factor again, he won't be the "amazing and cute looking new judge." This part of the show is gone. He needs to do something else. Going somewhere else or find an other way to get attention on him and his work.

+1 :thumb_yello: I'm not so sure that we're few, who agree and support Marilyns thoughts and opinion, presented skillfully in a realistic and positive way :wink2: I think it's rather that the other side "scream louder"...:naughty:

Love,love

me

It is not. Not really. Perhaps a bigger deal than being judge in Italy but those talent shows' peak are over.

And the US and UK versions are completely irrelevant as we are talking about Italy here and Italy has zero effect on other music markets. If he really wants to stay relevant in Europe, he will do a ****load of promo (PROMO NOT JUDGING) in the UK, Germany and France.

X Factor is just money. Nothing prestigeous about that.

The people who buy music. It doesn't matter how big the population is if they don't spend their money on music.

EDIT:Here are the top 20 most valuable markets. Canadians are spending more than twice as much as Italians with little more than half the population.

http://routenote.com/blog/top-20-most-valuable-music-markets/

And I would never suggest Mika spend 6 months here. If he wants to sell records there are other places more important to invest time. Canada has a little bit of cross border influence because some Americans can pick up our airwaves but it's nothing compared to the US and UK who are exporting their music and their musical tastes everywhere.

France is also large and has some influence on other markets so The Voice makes more sense to me.

germany is before france in that list, so he should do xfactor here. :mf_rosetinted::naughty: thanks for that link, i find it interesting that germany still has a market share of 75% for physical releases vs. downloads. so it's not just me. :teehee: didn't mika once say that he prefers to do physical records? :fisch: #justsayin'

nah, seriously, i wouldn't be happy if he did another casting show, and i would surely prefer him to do promo in different countries instead. but as long as we get an album and a tour in 2014, it wouldn't bother me too much either.

Perfect body? That's an understatement.

he has a cute face, but honestly? i prefer mika's body. :dunno: this looks so unnatural to me. :aah: (tho i'm sure for a ballet dancer it is natural :teehee:)

He should beg for forgiveness and be a waiter at every party we have for the next 10 years.

And we don't have to call him poor Mika. He is doing pretty well for himself so he doesn't need our sympathy. :glasses2:

When I said, "the poor guy," I wasn't meaning in terms of money or anything like that. I was referring to the record company letting him down.

I agree with you completly. Last december I and some other had our fears whether Mika will be continue as musician. Then he decides to go his own way away from Universal. Because, as you say, I had to sell out his venues, he had to sell his music.

He got the chance to capture at the Italian market and his decision to do xfactor works very well for him how we can see at the sales from Songbook Vol. 1 . :thumb_yello:

Ok, I'm looking a bit envious to Italy :teehee:, because he is so much time there and I can't speek the language enough. But however I enjoyed xfactor a lot, also because of the help from all kindly italian fans who translated so much.

I am happy when he goes on board XFactor again. In my eyes it wouldn't be a wrong decision. Even with the risk that the fourth album which seems really important for himself will need a bit longer as he now hopes .

And we shouldn't forget, everyone who has to earn money do a lot of time things he has to do for money, and Mika has to do that also - and I think he has fun in the things he do this year. Not an artist can't sell his album, can't sell out his venues without marketing. :fisch:

+1 :thumb_yello: I'm not so sure that we're few, who agree and support Marilyns thoughts and opinion, presented skillfully in a realistic and positive way :wink2: I think it's rather that the other side "scream louder"...:naughty:

Love,love

me

Thanks for that all of you. I only try to see the big picture. Yes, Mika could just concentrate on the music and a tour. But he's only likely to sell out big venues in Italy and France atm.

But even though Italian X Factor is a secular market, in one way, It's probably done Mika some good in terms of the famous people who've been on it.

For example: Katy Perry's "I love Mika so much!" The girl has loads of fans in many countries, wouldn't they look him up to see why she loves him?

The thing is, we don't know who is watching what Mika is doing in Italy. We also don't know who might have got in touch with him about a project or a colab.

Look at how well the colab of Mika and Ariana has gone. A lot of people on here were sceptical about the colab. Even Mika was a bit wary at first until he realised Ariana can sing, and she's a sweetheart of a girl. Now he's glad he did the song and vid with her and it's done so well on YT and got so much attention.

We'd all like everything to fall into place very quickly. But I don't think Mika is thinking that way (once again it's only my own impression) but I think he has many plans. He's said he wants to do lots of different things. He wants to write a musical, and I think he loves to write for movies. He says he's not an actor, but he might so other film projects if this French movie role works out and he sees himself on the big screen, actually looking Drop-dead-gorgeous.

Or he might just write for the movies, and sing the songs.

Far from being the end of something, this could just be the beginning. I actually think it's a hugely exciting time to be a Mika fan. Gone are the days when we heard nothing from Mika for months on end. When we gagged for some news from him, and waited for the new music, almost with our tongues hanging out.

Lastly, there doesn't actually need to be a new album, to have new music. This year there was Live Your Life and the highly anticipated (and brilliant) Century Man was unveiled. To name but two.

So I don't feel down at the end of this year. Yes, I want something in the UK to raise his profile again, but there may be something. He mentioned the UK. So I'm happy to remain on the Mika train, to the end of the line, as the song says.

I'm sorry, I can't talk with you about this talent show subject, the picture that Deb posted just burned my brain out :mf_rosetinted:

I wanted to post this pic here yesterday,but I was afraid of being banned :mf_rosetinted: Anyway,I totally agree with Karin :teehee:

he has a cute face, but honestly? i prefer mika's body. :dunno: this looks so unnatural to me. :aah: (tho i'm sure for a ballet dancer it is natural :teehee:)

I wanted to post this pic here yesterday,but I was afraid of being banned :mf_rosetinted: Anyway,I totally agree with Karin :teehee:

+1

When I said, "the poor guy," I wasn't meaning in terms of money or anything like that. I was referring to the record company letting him down.

I wasn't speaking in terms of money either.

As for Katy Perry fans, most of them know him but just aren't interested or only like him but not musicwise.

And yes there should be a new album with GOOD music. Live your life, however catchy, was not what I call a masterpiece a la Grace Kelly or Stardust. Call me a snob, but I won't be satisfied with a song made for a commercial, a duet with a random person or another rendition of one of his better songs in a vague language like Swahili which I don't understand so am not interested in. Just putting out music is not enough. It has to be good.

Thanks for that all of you. I only try to see the big picture. Yes, Mika could just concentrate on the music and a tour. But he's only likely to sell out big venues in Italy and France atm.

But even though Italian X Factor is a secular market, in one way, It's probably done Mika some good in terms of the famous people who've been on it.

For example: Katy Perry's "I love Mika so much!" The girl has loads of fans in many countries, wouldn't they look him up to see why she loves him?

The thing is, we don't know who is watching what Mika is doing in Italy. We also don't know who might have got in touch with him about a project or a colab.

Look at how well the colab of Mika and Ariana has gone. A lot of people on here were sceptical about the colab. Even Mika was a bit wary at first until he realised Ariana can sing, and she's a sweetheart of a girl. Now he's glad he did the song and vid with her and it's done so well on YT and got so much attention.

We'd all like everything to fall into place very quickly. But I don't think Mika is thinking that way (once again it's only my own impression) but I think he has many plans. He's said he wants to do lots of different things. He wants to write a musical, and I think he loves to write for movies. He says he's not an actor, but he might so other film projects if this French movie role works out and he sees himself on the big screen, actually looking Drop-dead-gorgeous.

Or he might just write for the movies, and sing the songs.

Far from being the end of something, this could just be the beginning. I actually think it's a hugely exciting time to be a Mika fan. Gone are the days when we heard nothing from Mika for months on end. When we gagged for some news from him, and waited for the new music, almost with our tongues hanging out.

Lastly, there doesn't actually need to be a new album, to have new music. This year there was Live Your Life and the highly anticipated (and brilliant) Century Man was unveiled. To name but two.

So I don't feel down at the end of this year. Yes, I want something in the UK to raise his profile again, but there may be something. He mentioned the UK. So I'm happy to remain on the Mika train, to the end of the line, as the song says.

:thumb_yello::naughty: I'm on the same MIKA train - with tic for a joyride ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

Just putting out music is not enough. It has to be good.

That's how I feel about all of it, not just the music. The standard for what constitutes exciting news from Mika has completely shifted. I just don't care about music that is created or packaged for a market of non-anglophones and non-Mika fans. I don't care about sunglasses. I don't care about beer. I don't care about TV shows that are unintelligible to me. I don't care about movies that are unintelligible to me. I don't care about clothes that I can't buy. Even being able to buy the Swatch was a herculean effort and a stroke of luck. 99% of the fans I know in North America couldn't get one.

None of what Mika has been doing, for me and a huge number of his fans/former fans, is accessible to us in any way. At least when he was in hiding there was a brilliant album and an 18 month tour to look forward to that was accessible to almost everyone around the world. Maybe there will be one at the end of this road too. But not if he spends the latter half of 2014 anchored to another TV show. It's just not possible.