MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

according to this article (thanks eriko for posting on fb!), nothing is sure yet: http://www.optimaitalia.com/blog/2013/12/10/scelti-i-giudici-di-x-factor-8-marco-mengoni-e-mika-verso-il-si/123320 - it's like in the other articles, they want him again, but mika hasn't said yes (yet).

personally i wouldn't be thrilled about him doing it again next year, but as long as he does the album and the tour as promised, i don't really care. of course i'd be angry if he did xfactor instead of the album, but i don't think that'll happen.

personally i wouldn't be thrilled about him doing it again next year, but as long as he does the album and the tour as promised, i don't really care. of course i'd be angry if he did xfactor instead of the album, but i don't think that'll happen.

What do you imagine a "tour" will look like for someone who is a full time judge on TV shows that are only viewed in 2 countries? I am thinking a few weeks at most and virtually nothing outside of France and Italy except for a few random summer festival dates. I guess that is fine for some but it's not my idea of making music the priority. It's squeezing some songs and gigs in between the real priority.

What do you imagine a "tour" will look like for someone who is a full time judge on TV shows that are only viewed in 2 countries? I am thinking a few weeks at most and virtually nothing outside of France and Italy except for a few random summer festival dates. I guess that is fine for some but it's not my idea of making music the priority. It's squeezing some songs and gigs in between the real priority.

i'm curious anyway how he is planning to do a (european) tour in other countries than those 2, with or without xfactor. tour companies base their planning on album/single sales afaik, so first of all he'd have to get them interested. and then, usually he has one concept for a tour, and takes this to different countries. now he would have venues of thousands in italy and france, and venues of maybe a few hundred in the rest of europe, provided his album sells there at all. i don't know what's in his "self promotion" concept to change this. at least doing xfactor again next year would probably save him lots of promo work for his album in italy. and he managed to do 3 or 4 things at the same time this year as well. he did say tho that he needs "international" radioplay and sales, so i still have hope that he has something up his sleeve that doesn't just involve 2 or 3 countries. we'll see. :dunno:

i'm curious anyway how he is planning to do a (european) tour in other countries than those 2, with or without xfactor. tour companies base their planning on album/single sales afaik, so first of all he'd have to get them interested.

That's why I think an offer from X Factor may be one he can't refuse. These shows are shoring up audiences in Italy and France but they are just serving to exacerbate the problem everywhere else.

i don't know what's in his "self promotion" concept to change this.

I don't really see what he has done this year as self-promotion. He has traded in one promoter (Universal) for several (X Factor, The Voice, a Spanish beer company). Perhaps it feels like independence and freedom now but if he can't sell records in Italy once this season of X Factor is forgotten he's going to be right back where he started and needing to rely on the show as he had to rely on the record company.

One season of X Factor is no more a guarantee of lifetime pop stardom in Italy than the success of LICM was a ticket to lifetime pop stardom in the UK. Especially since he is not even famous in Italy because of his music.

what he could do is take the money he earned this year and hire a professional promotion company to place him in the media all over europe. from what i know, record companies sometimes do the same, hiring external promoters who have the press contacts that are needed. i hope that his plan goes more in this direction than in the direction of more talent shows.

what he could do is take the money he earned this year and hire a professional promotion company to place him in the media all over europe. from what i know, record companies sometimes do the same, hiring external promoters who have the press contacts that are needed. i hope that his plan goes more in this direction than in the direction of more talent shows.

Yes it would be interesting if he is able to and wants to do this. If he becomes truly independent I can respect that. He said he ploughed £1 million of his own money into PDP. Surely his next musical project is worth at least as much as one concert.

Another season of Xfactor won't have the same effect. This season he was new and fresh and exciting but next season he will just be one of the judges.

If he is clever he pumps money in promo and tour of the new album and actually REALLY does a lot of promo to make it successful. Picking the easy way is not going to help him in the long run.

Another season of Xfactor won't have the same effect. This season he was new and fresh and exciting but next season he will just be one of the judges.

But next season they have to pay him so much more money (to use for example for his career) as now it's obvious to everyone that he is the star of the show. I have no idea how I can handle it if he confirms another season.

But next season they have to pay him so much more money (to use for example for his career) as now it's obvious to everyone that he is the star of the show. I have no idea how I can handle it if he confirms another season.

Perhaps but I hope he learned and will keep his promises for a change.

i'm curious anyway how he is planning to do a (european) tour in other countries than those 2, with or without xfactor. tour companies base their planning on album/single sales afaik, so first of all he'd have to get them interested. and then, usually he has one concept for a tour, and takes this to different countries. now he would have venues of thousands in italy and france, and venues of maybe a few hundred in the rest of europe, provided his album sells there at all. i don't know what's in his "self promotion" concept to change this. at least doing xfactor again next year would probably save him lots of promo work for his album in italy. and he managed to do 3 or 4 things at the same time this year as well. he did say tho that he needs "international" radioplay and sales, so i still have hope that he has something up his sleeve that doesn't just involve 2 or 3 countries. we'll see. :dunno:

This is the problem, you see. Say he announces a tour. Then he'd have to sell out the venues. Say he announces his new album for (say) the end of next year. Then he'd have to sell his album.

Okay, so the way I see it (my personal view) is that the record company have given up on him as a charting popstar in many countries (especially the UK) they just see him as one of those acts who may sell a few albums here and there, but are not worthy of promotion.

So the poor guy has to do things to promote himself.

I do understand the fans' desire for a tour and an album. But I don't think it's that simple. If his record company won't help him by promoting hin as they should, he has to do it himself. But it won't be as quick as if the company were doing it for him, and just letting him get on with his singing.

I actually think, if we leave it to him, it will be worth it in the long run. Okay, I could be wrong, I admit I could be. But next year we know there is the movie with Century Man. That song could be a huge hit. No one knows for sure yet. But let's look on the bright side.

He also said there ware things in the UK he has had offers for. So again, I look on the bright side. I could be way off-base, but I'd sooner look on the bright side than write off next year, just because he might do another X Factor. I have enjoyed the X Factor experience anyway.

More than free drinks and food? :shocked: What are you thinking of? :mf_rosetinted:

He should beg for forgiveness and be a waiter at every party we have for the next 10 years.

And we don't have to call him poor Mika. He is doing pretty well for himself so he doesn't need our sympathy. :glasses2:

This is the problem, you see. Say he announces a tour. Then he'd have to sell out the venues. Say he announces his new album for (say) the end of next year. Then he'd have to sell his album.

Okay, so the way I see it (my personal view) is that the record company have given up on him as a charting popstar in many countries (especially the UK) they just see him as one of those acts who may sell a few albums here and there, but are not worthy of promotion.

So the poor guy has to do things to promote himself.

I do understand the fans' desire for a tour and an album. But I don't think it's that simple. If his record company won't help him by promoting hin as they should, he has to do it himself. But it won't be as quick as if the company were doing it for him, and just letting him get on with his singing.

I actually think, if we leave it to him, it will be worth it in the long run. Okay, I could be wrong, I admit I could be. But next year we know there is the movie with Century Man. That song could be a huge hit. No one knows for sure yet. But let's look on the bright side.

He also said there ware things in the UK he has had offers for. So again, I look on the bright side. I could be way off-base, but I'd sooner look on the bright side than write off next year, just because he might do another X Factor. I have enjoyed the X Factor experience anyway.

I agree with you completly. Last december I and some other had our fears whether Mika will be continue as musician. Then he decides to go his own way away from Universal. Because, as you say, I had to sell out his venues, he had to sell his music.

He got the chance to capture at the Italian market and his decision to do xfactor works very well for him how we can see at the sales from Songbook Vol. 1 . :thumb_yello:

Ok, I'm looking a bit envious to Italy :teehee:, because he is so much time there and I can't speek the language enough. But however I enjoyed xfactor a lot, also because of the help from all kindly italian fans who translated so much.

I am happy when he goes on board XFactor again. In my eyes it wouldn't be a wrong decision. Even with the risk that the fourth album which seems really important for himself will need a bit longer as he now hopes .

And we shouldn't forget, everyone who has to earn money do a lot of time things he has to do for money, and Mika has to do that also - and I think he has fun in the things he do this year. Not an artist can't sell his album, can't sell out his venues without marketing. :fisch:

Italy has a smaller music market than the Netherlands has. Italian's market has zero effect on that of other countries. That says something. If he doesn't want to be completely forgotten by the rest of Europe at least, he shouldn't do another season of X-factor.

But hey, what do I know?

Italy has a smaller music market than the Netherlands has. Italian's market has zero effect on that of other countries. That says something. If he doesn't want to be completely forgotten by the rest of Europe at least, he shouldn't do another season of X-factor.

But hey, what do I know?

Even if Italy is a small market, I think his current success (ie sales of songbook) is something that can be used to point to promoters that there are still a need for his music and that it can happen in other countries with proper promotion.

Even if Italy is a small market, I think his current success (ie sales of songbook) is something that can be used to point to promoters that there are still a need for his music and that it can happen in other countries with proper promotion.

Hasn't he done that now already? Is there a need to do it again? I don't think so.