I was very close to him at the gig second row which was wonderful :wub2:

And I met him and talked with him after the gig :swoon:

But he didn't want my chicken :mf_rosetinted:

So I told him I will take it with me to all the gigs I go to :lmfao:

I wanted to make him laugh, that was a total success :biggrin2:

I am so happy for you. :hug:

• Like 1

So happy to share with you :wub2:

Summer started when Mika arrived for La Nuit de l'Erdre festival I swear. There hadn't been a sunny summer day before. On Saturday morning there was not a cloud in the sky and it was hot already. I love that kind of weather so I was really happy.

Nantes is only a two hour drive from where I live and the gig on a Saturday so it wasn't too hard to negociate with my husband as one gig a year is what I've negociated after I was unable to go to Compiègne because of him.

He left late and I was worried I wouldn't be able to be close to the stage but when I got there after walking for a little while I headed straight for the main stage determined to stick to the stage :lmfao:

Puggy, a rock from Nantes was already playing and I must say they were really great so I kind of danced my way closer and closer to the stage :naughty:

Some people left to get drinks so I sneaked my way closer and closer. I was touching the barriers but I moved back a little to look for other Mika fans which was a mistake because I lost first row to second so then I decided to grow roots where I was :teehee:

Then I started talking to the lady before me and told her I was looking for other Mika fans and she said she was one so we chatted together and also with her two teenage daughters while waiting for Mika. I didn't bother to eat , I just snacked on two chocolate biscuits (the chocolate was inside because otherwise it would have melted) and I had a little bottle of water even though you weren't supposed to bring any at the festival but they didn't check my backpack anyway.

There were groups I didn't care for on the other stage, then a French singer Olivia Ruiz . She has a few songs I like but the sound was awfully loud for the instruments and her voice was almost impossible to hear...you could tell the audience was waiting for Mika anyway I couldn't wait till she was gone so Mika would appear : wub2:

After Olivia Ruiz I sat a little but there was no room for my legs so I got up again...the stage was getting ready for Mika , they were bringing all the props and light and flags and checking the sound and bringing and wiping the piano...nice to see

Then at eleven o'clock Mika was there right on time and to die for :fangurl:

He started singing "Un soleil mal luné" with only a little light on him , I loved the start of the concert : wub2:

I must say I got carried away by him because I can't say in which order he sang his songs although I think I remember the ones he sang.

The stage had a part which was closer to the audience and I thought I'd die from all the sweetness when he was so close and singing . I was able to make eye contact with him and that's the best feeling in the world.

When he sang Big Girl he was there as close as he could be and I blew him a kiss and he smiled back to me with the sweetest smile and he was smiling to me awwww: fangurl: : swoon: That's the best feeling on earth and that was a first for me as I 'd been too far the other times.

Of course he's noticed my chicken because I was waving it most of the time when the songs got dancy. I was making hearts with my hands for Underwater and Happy Ending so no chicken there. Underwater made me cry as I always does live, I think Mika saw how emotional I felt : tears: but that was at the begining of the song after the way Mika sang the rest of the song cheered me up. I love Underwater so much , it's truly one of my fav Mika songs ever since he first sang it in Seoul but it moves me so much especially live, it always did as in my opinion it's related to Paloma's accident and recovery but also even more since it was first aired in France when my dad was in hospital and then he died but Underwater was always there to accompagny me and make me feel better so now it always reminds me of my dad who wasn't as lucky as Paloma unfortunately. But it always soothes me and makes me happy.

Mika also sang Elle Me Dit which was a very energetic song making everyone sing and dance like crazy (including my chicken of course) Since in the song the lyrics say:

"Elle me dit tu auras bientôt trente ans" he mentioned in the intro that he was going to be thirty soon in a month or so and that made him feel a little blue and the whole crowd started singing "Joyeux anniversaire Mika" (Happy birthday Mika) and he tried to speak again but the audience went on singing "Joyeux anniversaire Mika" very happily and he said "I can't win against you, you're more numerous" :lmfao:

He was very talkative and before singing another song he mentioned that he was very proud that someone gave him a Lebanese flag when he was singing there and that he sang with it but then it was put on the piano fell to the floor and he accidently stepped on it which is considered as a crime in Lebanon and he said he almost got jailed because of that.

He was really sweet relaxed and very close to the audience during the whole show , he didn't even shoot Max after Love Today as usual or anyone else come to think of it he made us sing along and then hushed everyone including Max with a simple gesture of his beautiful hands : wub2:

The show ended with We Are Golden and all colors huge balloons to play with...which was the signal we waited for to go to the artist gates in hope to see him after the show : wub2:

Here comes the meet and great part : wink2:

It was my very first time and such a good one :swoon:

We waited about an hour and it was getting cold , feet hurt and almost everyone had to sit down. I had taken out the things I hoped he would sign for me , a drawing of him , the venue tick and one of my TOOL Cds .

There were about fifteen to twenty fans waiting , I apologize for not saying hi to some I have seen but I had to concentrate everything I had on waiting for Mika in hope he'd be there...and I think we were all feeling that way.

A few cars came out among which a police car and two ambulances...

Then finally Mika's car awww what a thrill. His manager was driving I was told. I could see Mika's mum on the other seat and I was happy to see her for real. This is the point when it gets magical because the car stopped and Mika got out all bouncing and curls absolute sweetness and energy , it was so late and he was there willing to meet us and give us little bits of love :wub2: He looked so young and for a second I was motionless then I got the things I hoped he would sign in my hands and grabbed my chicken and I walked to him and called him "Mika" and we started talking , that was the most amazing fantastic unbelievable feeling and he asked "What's that chicken?"(In French so I answered in French it's a gift for you and he said "I don't want it" (In French) and he was cracked up , which was my goal with offering him the chicken although I didn't think he would reject it as for the boxers when wag was released :lmfao: so I kept my chicken but meanwhile he had held it in his hands and waved it as I had during the concert so I changed my twitter name to mikatouchedmy chicken . I asked him please will you sign this for me and he did very sweetly , after that I asked him it it was possible to take a pic with him but he said '"If I start I'll get late" and he bounced around a little further to talk to other fans.

I wish I had said to him "no chicken tonight" when he didn't want to take my gift but another fan did (she told me afterwards) so I hope he heard but I'm not sure . Then I thought I should have told him to take a pic with all the fans who were there which would have been much faster for him. I said "Thank you Mika" with all the other fans when he went back in the car after saying bye.

I found out the m&g was filmed and that there were also pics made by fans which is really cool :wub2:

I'm waiting to get vids and pics and find more online too so I can share with you this fantastic moment :fangurl:

If I remember anything else I'll add it here ...

Well needless to say that was my best Mika concert ever and that waiting since 2007 to meet him was so worth it :swoon:

He's so sweet and lovely and I can't believe he had so much energy left after all the energy he gave us during the show :wub2:

I'm sure there are far too many smileys already in my report :lmfao:

Setlist but I don't have the order sorry and I was so spellbound I don't remember all the songs sorry, maybe I'll remember afterwards and I'll ask other fans who were there too and who didn't totally lose their mind and heart as I did during the show :swoon::stretcher:

Oh My Mika , how I love this man, and even more than before now :tears:

Un soleil mal luné, Blue Eyes, Love Today ,Big Girl ,Elle Me Dit ,Grace Kelly with a little bit of the chorus in French , We Are Golden ...I can't remember the rest even though I sang all of them with him aww sorry about that...

What a wonderful night : wub2: I think I'm forever on a Mika high : wub2: :f angurl: :swoon:

I can't wait for another one like this : naughty:

in all its possible details :mikadas::mikadas::mikadas:

Anne, I was so delighted to read that you got your moment with Mika at last. :huglove:

Yay :yay:

I am SO delighted to read this!

I am so happy for you. :hug:

I wrote all the details I could remember :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much sweet Treasa Kath Annie and Silver

I love you girls :wub2: and I love Mika :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2: so glad it happened at last and it was even better than I thought it would be :thumb_yello::fangurl::swoon:

I would say my life is complete now :naughty: but I want to do it again as soon as possible :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:: wub2:: wub2:: wub2:: wub2:

Thanks for your reports Mrs @mikatouchedmychicken :lmfao: :lmfao:

I'm really happy for you, hope you get this chance more times :huglove:

Thanks so much honey :huglove::huglove: :mikalove:

It was a pleasure to write the report and relive this mikafabulous moment :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

Aww Anne your report is so emotional, almost makes me cry. I'm so happy you met Mika finally, you deserve it :huglove: I love what you say about how the gig started "He started singing "Un soleil mal luné" with only a little light on him :wub2: I'm dying to see this one day, this song and Karen are my favourite french songs :wub2::wub2:

• Like 1

Oh My Mika , how I love this man, and even more than before now :tears:

Un soleil mal luné, Blue Eyes, Love Today ,Big Girl ,Elle Me Dit ,Grace Kelly with a little bit of the chorus in French , We Are Golden ...I can't remember the rest even though I sang all of them with him aww sorry about that...

What a wonderful night :wub2: I think I'm forever on a Mika high :wub2::fangurl::swoon:

I can't wait for another one like this :naughty:

Aww, Anne, you made me get all choked up! :tears: What a sweet, sweet, sweet recounting of your night. Thanks so much for sharing all those details with us. May I say that I know exactly how you feel, and that I hope you DO stay on that "Mika high" forever! :huglove:

• Like 1

Thank you for your beautiful report Anne. :huglove:

Underwater was always there to accompagny me and make me feel better so now it always reminds me of my dad

I know how you feel ... it was the first Mika song I played after my dad died and it will always remind me of my dad too.

• Like 1

Is that Crazyaboutmika and her chicken? Did she actually get to meet him at last

I've just read your report crazyaboutmika- and it was a great joy!:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for sharing "the time of your life" with us - I really understand how great this gig, and not to mention the m&g with MIKA afterwards, must be for you, after waiting for this moment since 2007 - your report is detailed, funny and emotional - what more can we to ask for ?!?! :thumb_yello::wub2:

Wish everybody great gig eves - tonight, tomorrow and the next two dates!! In Liege it looks like "half of the MFC members" take part - I will think of you all, and look forward to loads of lovely pics, videos and reports ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed, emotional, lovely report Anne. I am SO delighted that you have finally had your moment. I was so disappointed for you that it didn't work out last year- I could barely believe it!:shocked:

I am so glad that it was worth the wait :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I've just read your report crazyaboutmika- and it was a great joy!:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for sharing "the time of your life" with us - I really understand how great this gig, and not to mention the m&g with MIKA afterwards, must be for you, after waiting for this moment since 2007 - your report is detailed, funny and emotional - what more can we to ask for ?!?! :thumb_yello::wub2:

Wish everybody great gig eves - tonight, tomorrow and the next two dates!! In Liege it looks like "half of the MFC members" take part - I will think of you all, and look forward to loads of lovely pics, videos and reports ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Thank you honey :huglove: