Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

It could be that it has taken him 10 years to get it to the stage, maybe due to getting people to agreeing to fund it for him.

Or he has been too busy to just sit down and work on it, hence the 10 years before it's been ready to stage.

Just some theories.

I agree with that. I also took it to mean, ten years from the concept of the show, through the writing of it, to the preparation and possibly the funding to finally getting it onto the stage.

I love how Mika talks to us about things we've probably never heard about. I'd never heard of this guy, but I certainly admire what he has achieved.

[YOUTUBE]o1XCwtaYho4[/YOUTUBE]

It could be that it has taken him 10 years to get it to the stage, maybe due to getting people to agreeing to fund it for him.

Or he has been too busy to just sit down and work on it, hence the 10 years before it's been ready to stage.

Just some theories.

Thank you Laura and Rose!

So the guy is alone on stage, doing a musical, right?

Can you imagine how great it would be to have Mika doing the same with his piano? :blush-anim-cl: I so hope he gets some inspiration from it!

I love how Mika talks to us about things we've probably never heard about. I'd never heard of this guy, but I certainly admire what he has achieved.

Agree, I really would like Mika to tweet like that in every city he is staying in :thumb_yello: Coz I would like to go to watch this show now, but LA is still pretty far away for me :aah: I wish he could share such things when he is in Paris too :wub2:

Agree, I really would like Mika to tweet like that in every city he is staying in :thumb_yello: Coz I would like to go to watch this show now, but LA is still pretty far away for me :aah: I wish he could share such things when he is in Paris too :wub2:

In Paris he doesn't go to shows. He's too busy playing with the hotel cat :mf_rosetinted:

In Paris he doesn't go to shows. He's too busy playing with the hotel cat :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

He should :mf_rosetinted: I tried to tweet him a few recommendations when he was here, but he obviously ignored my advice. Or at least he didn't share the review :naughty:

I agree with that. I also took it to mean, ten years from the concept of the show, through the writing of it, to the preparation and possibly the funding to finally getting it onto the stage.

That's one of the things I love about this fanhood, that it's more than just about the music. Since I've become a fan, I've begun to learn Italian, learned about Dario Fo, the books of Angela Carter, what a Maronite Catholic is, Lebanese culture, artists, this man who put on the play, cat lamps that turn on when you.....never mind. Anyhow, I feel like I've been enriched and I love that. Plus,I never would have met you fine people.:blush-anim-cl:

That's one of the things I love about this fanhood, that it's more than just about the music. Since I've become a fan, I've begun to learn Italian, learned about Dario Fo, the books of Angela Carter, what a Maronite Catholic is, Lebanese culture, artists, this man who put on the play, cat lamps that turn on when you.....never mind. Anyhow, I feel like I've been enriched and I love that. Plus,I never would have met you fine people.:blush-anim-cl:

That´s exactly how I think about it too. When I became Mika´s fan my English was very poor, I learnt so many new things, I started to travel through Europe on my own, I saw cities I never would have seen without Mika, he made me curious to google many interesting People and I met so many great people from MFC, here and in real life and found really good friends. I never want to miss all that again.

That´s exactly how I think about it too. When I became Mika´s fan my English was very poor, I learnt so many new things, I started to travel through Europe on my own, I saw cities I never would have seen without Mika, he made me curious to google many interesting People and I met so many great people from MFC, here and in real life and found really good friends. I never want to miss all that again.

I'm in a bit of a hurry so I won't write much more than : I totally agree. I'm improving a lot of things in my life and in my person, knowing so many new things, feeling great and can't stop to say "for the first time in my life" :naughty:

You're so right!

Totally agree with you! I have known people that I never had the opportunity to meet or know their existence :aah: like for example, Nick Littlemore: if it was not for Mika, I would not have ever known his music, his work for the Cirque du Soleil... For not talking about all the places even the most remote places of the world that I would never have dreamed of knowing :aah: Before Mika, I only listened to classical music or musics from 70s or 80s and liked only painters until the early twentieth century.. Thanks to him, I've discovered a new world full of amazing and creative people...not just in music or in art but even in his fans and that's the most important thing IMO! I believe that each of us had more or less the same experience and I think that it's totally amazing because with him you don't only love his music but he improves you in all aspects. It's a bit like a "Do ut des" or at least for me it is. I believe that if I had not started to follow him, I would be a different person and possibly I'd still be fighting many of my nightmares.

I guess he did not even imagine that :aah:

Edited by Lucrezia

Thank you Laura and Rose!

So the guy is alone on stage, doing a musical, right?

Can you imagine how great it would be to have Mika doing the same with his piano? :blush-anim-cl: I so hope he gets some inspiration from it!

That's another reason why tweets like this get me excited. I can imagine Mika doing something like that someday, and when he meets inspirational people it must give him such a buzz.

I agree that he brings out the best, and most creative aspects of his fans.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Group hug for all us cultured and brilliant fans! :group_hug:

:group_hug:

(not quoting everybody here but hugging everybody :wink2:)

:thumb_yello:

But I missed this connection with Mika (cf Angela Carter), can someone explain me? I have no idea who she is :doh:

I'm in a bit of a hurry so I won't write much more than : I totally agree. I'm improving a lot of things in my life and in my person, knowing so many new things, feeling great and can't stop to say "for the first time in my life" :naughty:

Totally agree with you! I have known people that I never had the opportunity to meet or know their existence :aah: like for example, Nick Littlemore: if it was not for Mika, I would not have ever known his music, his work for the Cirque du Soleil... For not talking about all the places even the most remote places of the world that I would never have dreamed of knowing :aah: Before Mika, I only listened to classical music or musics from 70s or 80s and liked only painters until the early twentieth century.. Thanks to him, I've discovered a new world full of amazing and creative people...not just in music or in art but even in his fans and that's the most important thing IMO! I believe that each of us had more or less the same experience and I think that it's totally amazing because with him you don't only love his music but he improves you in all aspects. It's a bit like a "Do ut des" or at least for me it is. I believe that if I had not started to follow him, I would be a different person and possibly I'd still be fighting many of my nightmares.

I guess he did not even imagine that :aah:

So much agreeing with you all :wub2:

I'm very interested in the artists that Mika likes, do we have a thread about that? I mean, we know he loves art and drawings and all that, and we know DaWak, but do we know more in details who are these artists, for example the ones whose paintings are hanging on the walls of Mika's (many :mf_rosetinted:) houses?

:group_hug:

(not quoting everybody here but hugging everybody :wink2:)

:thumb_yello:

But I missed this connection with Mika (cf Angela Carter), can someone explain me? I have no idea who she is :doh:

So much agreeing with you all :wub2:

I'm very interested in the artists that Mika likes, do we have a thread about that? I mean, we know he loves art and drawings and all that, and we know DaWak, but do we know more in details who are these artists, for example the ones whose paintings are hanging on the walls of Mika's (many :mf_rosetinted:) houses?

Not sure about the paintings he has in the latest shoot, but he does have original prints from David MacKee, Sophie Blacknall and Robert Crumb (I think)

Edited by RAK1

Not sure about the paintings he has in the latest shoot, but he does have original prints from David MacKee, Sophie Blacknall and Robert Crumb (I think)

Angela Carter is an author that Mika has admired and I'm pretty sure was an inspiration for some songs.

Thank you! I will go study about all that now :glasses2: