Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Thank you for the scan :wub2:

Sorry for the mistakes :blush-anim-cl: - He's listing what he likes at the moment:

"Comic book: "Fran" by Jim Woodring. I am fan of this poetic, surrealist autodidact from Seattle. His graphic arts have the same effect on me than black and white cartoons from a young Walt Disney.

Actor/Director: Xavier Dolan fascinates me. He is young, passionate, unpredictabe, smart, all at the same time, and he can do everything: acting, directing, dubbing... since his first shocking movie "J'ai tué ma mère", I keep track of everything he makes, creates, the risks he takes. His movies are not perfects, and that's exactly why I love them.

Painter: I love Peter Doig. This artist reproduce an imaginary world, almost unreal, with colourful and out-of space landscapes. Like a poet, he manages to be romantic and macabre at the same time.

Singer: Melody Gardot. On stage, she's energic, mysterious, she has an incredible aura, almost mystical. She drives the musicians by waving a magic hand.

Exhibition: All the work of James Turrell inspires me. I saw his retrospective exhibition at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, when I was working at my album. His work on colors, space and light amazes me. I am like a child.

Authors: Last summer I read from the Turkish author Orphan Pamuk. A chock. What will I read this summer? Maybe Julian Barnes, I loved Flaubert's Parrot, and I'll try to finally finish The Sun Also Rises from Hernet Hemmingway."

Thank you, a whole new world to explore when I'm unemployed :wink2:

I've discovered amazing artists thanks to Mika, so I'm curious, I admit I'm quite ignorant :teehee:

You're welcome! :thumb_yello: And thanks Melyssa for the translation :huglove:

I was curios about Xavier Dolan's work and watched some trailers of his movies,now I have a new "must watch it" list :teehee:

You're welcome! :thumb_yello: And thanks Melyssa for the translation :huglove:

I was curios about Xavier Dolan's work and watched some trailers of his movies,now I have a new "must watch it" list :teehee:

I tweeted the scan to Xavier Dolan and he was quite happy:wink2: haven't seen his first and 4th movies but the others are good, especially Laurence Anyways

I tweeted the scan to Xavier Dolan and he was quite happy:wink2: haven't seen his first and 4th movies but the others are good, especially Laurence Anyways

I've seen your tweet yesterday,I'm glad you did it :thumb_yello: I read he got a lot of movie awards,and he's so young!

Especially when one of them is from Quebec :wub2: Haven't seen his latest but Laurence Anyways was one of the movies I love most :thumb_yello:

He lastly played in Miraculum. It was quite good, not my favorite.

I actually really love Xavier Dolan too, seen all of his movies :aah:

What did they say? :(

Not exactly word-to-word but here are the ideas

Kendji made people happy because he's full of joy when singing. He wasn't always perfect, he even forgot the lyrics once, but he was so in it that it warmed our hearts. And those imperfections are part of the game. Happens when you take risks.

blablabla Kendji - I'm discovering it all etc. (sorry :aah: )

What's different in Kendji? His way of opening his thoat when singing, the notes get out without him even thinking about it. It's like a baby screaming - he throws it out without thinking much. For me is was very intuitive and it was a pleasure. In the blind auditions you hear a lot people. A lot. Hundreds. Kendji's voice was refreshing .

I love gipsy music, comes from childhood, my mum loves it. And I met the whole of Kendji's family last night!

Kendji what did you learn with Mika? A lot of things I didn't know, like self confidence. I didn't see me as I singer before. I didn't know.

What could we wish for him now? Now we're waiting for the album. The Voice is a rush and it's very intense, now he has to turn all this energy into something. He was great but now he has to find songs. As Florent Pagny always says, he has to find the good people to work with now. To find writers and composers that will suit him. Like for a car, the songs will be his oil.

Mika will you be there next year? We ended up at 6am this morning and you're already asking about next year! It was great. We'll see. But this experience was fantastic, I had a lot of fun. And I was allowed to be myself, I'm thankfull to them for giving me that much freedom in a show that popular.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there will be a short interview of Mika in Cannes by Nikos (the host of The Voice) in "50 mn inside" tonight on TF1. At 18h50 (French time).

That's the same program where he announced Paloma pregnancy in January :mf_rosetinted::fisch:

It was so short :aah: a few seconds...

Mika was arriving at the party for the promotion of Salma Hayek movie, and the interviewer asked him why he was there.

Mika answered with humor that he was asking himself exactly the same question as he was not doing movies :naughty::naughty: then more seriously he added that he was there for Salma Hayek

Edited by Alireine

Mika was arriving at the party for the promotion of Selma Hayek movie, and the interviewer asked him why he was there.

Mika answered with humor that he was asking himself exactly the same question :naughty::naughty:

:teehee::teehee:

Mika was arriving at the party for the promotion of Salma Hayek movie, and the interviewer asked him why he was there.

Mika answered with humor that he was asking himself exactly the same question as he was not doing movies :naughty::naughty: then more seriously he added that he was there for Salma Hayek

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

you can watch the replay here (I hope it's ok from every country):

http://videos.tf1.fr/50-mn-inside/replay-50-mn-inside-du-24-mai-2014-8422991.html

From 20 minutes 20''

No :sneaky2:

:no:

You can watch the video with Mika's interview here:

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-au-festival-cannes-lemission-50-mn-inside/'>http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-au-festival-cannes-lemission-50-mn-inside/

Thank you very much to http://www.mikawebsite.com/ and Antoine! :original::thumb_yello:

Edit: I'm sorry Alireine, I had not seen your post!Thank you for the news!!

Edited by charlie20