Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

PARIS MATCH

http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Cinema/Gayet-et-Hayek-la-rencontre-prophetique-565654

Festival de Cannes 2014

Gayet et Hayek, la rencontre prophétique

Pour rendre hommage à l'écrivain libanais Khalil Gibran et à son grand-père, lorsqu’elle découvre que le père de Mika est un des coproducteurs de son projet, elle y voit un signe et contacte aussitôt le chanteur qui, spontanément, décide de venir deux jours à Cannes pour la soutenir.

PICS from Purepeople

http://www.purepeople.com/article/julie-gayet-salma-hayek-et-sa-fille-valentina-le-trio-craquant-de-cannes_a141530/23

Original (2000 x 3000) https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2920/14234681376_e5240973ff_o.jpg

14234681376_075c0952d5_b.jpg

Original (2000 x 1333) https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3706/14071203260_0a33274dc1_o.jpg

14071203260_d3b358c3dc_b.jpg

PARIS MATCH

http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Cinema/Gayet-et-Hayek-la-rencontre-prophetique-565654

Festival de Cannes 2014

Gayet et Hayek, la rencontre prophétique

Pour rendre hommage à l'écrivain libanais Khalil Gibran et à son grand-père, lorsqu’elle découvre que le père de Mika est un des coproducteurs de son projet, elle y voit un signe et contacte aussitôt le chanteur qui, spontanément, décide de venir deux jours à Cannes pour la soutenir.

They say that Mika's father is one of the co-producer of Salma Hayek's project about "The Prophet" from Khalil Gibran, so when she heard about that, she contacted Mika and he agreed to come 2 days in Cannes to support her.

They say that Mika's father is one of the co-producer of Salma Hayek's project about "The Prophet" from Khalil Gibran, so when she heard about that, she contacted Mika and he agreed to come 2 days in Cannes to support her.

Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware Mika's dad was into producing, very interesting:thumb_yello:

from finance to co-producing....

does that sound strange/odd to anyone else?

Yes, I'm a bit surprised too, but in a good way :wink2:

But I think we have to be careful with this information, because it's coming from Paris Match and I'm not sure it's reliable :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I'm a bit surprised too, but in a good way :wink2:

But I think we have to be careful with this information, because it's coming from Paris Match and I'm not sure it's reliable :mf_rosetinted:

if they said he had helped finance or find financing for it, i would have thought it was possible.

co-produced? :dunno: but what do i know! :naughty:

i always thought people in finance are in general grounded and non artistic

and when they asked Mika why he was in Cannes, he didn't mention this... did he?

and when they asked Mika why he was in Cannes, he didn't mention this... did he?

No, but mostly because he was cut :wait: . When he says "I'm here for Salma Hayeck" you can see that this is definitely not the end of the sentence but apparently the guy editing the thing assumed nobody would care to know why he was really here, appart from hanging up with Salma :doh:

So he might have mention it, or he might have not, who knows :/

Edited by Melyssa

if they said he had helped finance or find financing for it, i would have thought it was possible.

co-produced? :dunno: but what do i know! :naughty:

i always thought people in finance are in general grounded and non artistic

Well, there is a financial side to every artistic project:wink2:

BTW, I looked for the movie information and didn't find Mika's dad in the list of producers (the artistic ones) so, if at all, he must have been involved with the finance part of it:wink2:

Well, there is a financial side to every artistic project:wink2:

BTW, I looked for the movie information and didn't find Mika's dad in the list of producers (the artistic ones) so, if at all, he must have been involved with the finance part of it:wink2:

i'm not quite sure what your point is, as it is what i said.:wink2::naughty:

i can understand if he is involved in the financial side of it, but co-produce?

i had also looked at the list & saw no mention of his name

from finance to co-producing....

does that sound strange/odd to anyone else?

No - a producer is concerned with getting the business side of getting film made (including the finance), but the artistic side of things is up to the film director

No - a producer is concerned with getting the business side of getting film made (including the finance), but the artistic side of things is up to the film director

That's also the definition of "un producteur" in French, the one who brings (and receives back after, hopefully :teehee:) money.

But it's just new for me that he is investing his money in artistic projects (especially movies), I would have more thought of him inversting it on financial markets :mf_rosetinted:

That's also the definition of "un producteur" in French, the one who brings (and receives back after, hopefully :teehee:) money.

But it's just new for me that he is investing his money in artistic projects (especially movies), I would have more thought of him inversting it on financial markets :mf_rosetinted:

It may not be his money, but he may be the one with contacts to likely investors

as per wikipedia... :naughty:

Film producers prepare and then supervise the making of a film before presenting the product to a financing entity or a film distributor.[1] They might be employed by a production company or be independent, yet either way they help the creative people as well as the accounting personnel.

anyways... it doesn't matter... i'm still questioning the whole thing :naughty:

as per wikipedia... :naughty:

Film producers prepare and then supervise the making of a film before presenting the product to a financing entity or a film distributor.[1] They might be employed by a production company or be independent, yet either way they help the creative people as well as the accounting personnel.

anyways... it doesn't matter... i'm still questioning the whole thing :naughty:

There's a type of producer called executive producer who oversees the filmmaking with regard to film finance and may or may not work on set.:wink2: Now that makes sense. Anyway, Mika's family is quite amazing and full of geniuses. I wouldn't be surprised if Mika's dad was creatively involved in the filmmaking. He went to college at 16 and studied architecture at AUB after all.

It seems that Mika (and Kendji :aah:) will appear in a TV show "La chanson de l'année" (Best song of the year) in the evening of the 14th of June, on TF1. Mika has no song nominated, so either they will give the prize or make some "host job", or they will sing as "guests". We don't know anything more yet, no idea if it will be worth it :mf_rosetinted:

It's possible to attend the recording of the show, on Tuesday 10th of June (7:30PM) in Zenith de Paris. Registration through Cassandra website, as for The Voice.

(As for The Voice, it's not because you register that you are sure to get invitations, I say it especially for people not living in France :wink2: don't book anything until you get an invitation :teehee:)