Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

One last thing...

You know, when I was 12, I was a massive JT fan. I had to wait 4 years in between albums, but that was okay because everything he did was music related. Then after 2006, he decided to ditch music and start an acting career. This was during a very successful time in his music career, selling out arenas and stuff. I was not pleased with that. He wasn't a good actor. He played in films I didn't want to see. So I forgot about him, apart from seeing his films now and then but not being overly impressed.

But then he came back with a new album with a completely different sound but it worked. And then I saw him live yesterday and ever single person in the room was blown away and I think he also knows now that music is his forte. He was born to sing and perform and so is Mika. JT wasted his talents on bad acting. Mika wastes it on bad tv shows. You can come up with a million excuses as to why it is a good thing to do these projects, but none of these excuses will change the fact that he belongs on stage with his own music, spreading his magic. A magic that is completely lost on these shows. People might end up thinking he is a charismatic man, but nothing beats the impression he leaves when he is performing. You cannot argue with that when you've seen him perform.

So I hope he will ditch these talent shows sooner than later and return to music and blow everybody away, just like JT did. You don't need to be a judge to promote your work. All you need is good music.

You know, when I was 12, I was a massive JT fan. I had to wait 4 years in between albums, but that was okay because everything he did was music related. Then after 2006, he decided to ditch music and start an acting career. This was during a very successful time in his music career, selling out arenas and stuff. I was not pleased with that. He wasn't a good actor.

Mika is doing television and in my opinion he's doing it well. He is a good tv performer both in XF than in TheVoice, which are two shows about music and not about cooking or horsing. He talks about music all the time.

He can do that kind of television, he is able to do it. I've seen many people in that role who were not. For me. :wink2:

JT wasted his talents on bad acting. Mika wastes it on bad tv shows.

I don't think these two shows are examples of "bad tv shows". I can see in them a lot of professionality. They can please the public or not, but that's another story. :wink2:

I really think that we can talk about this argument to months. And i guess we will. :aah:

Edited by Marta.

Mika is doing television and in my opinion he's doing it well. He is a good tv performer both in XF than in TheVoice, which are two shows about music and not about cooking or horsing. He talks about music all the time.

He can do that kind of television, he is able to do it. I've seen many people in that role who were not. For me. :wink2:

I don't think these two shows are examples of "bad tv shows". I can see in them a lot of professionality. They can please the public or not, but that's another story. :wink2:

I really think that we can talk about this argument to months. And i guess we will. :aah:

TV talent shows these days are nothing more than reality tv, nothing to do with real talent.

A talent show shouldn't take 2 hours of a night to figure out if the person has the talent, if it's there it can be seen instantly, and these shows have preliminary rounds before they even get to the tv stages!

This is one of the many reasons why I find them a waste of time.

You have missed my points completely.

The point is the only places he has got lots of attention is in France and Italy because of the tv shows. He may have got minimal attention in Belgium for the clothing project, but outside of those places he hasn't been seen since around the time of the last album release, which did marginally better in mainland Europe, Japan and Korea, than it did in the rest of the world. But at least people were still aware of him outside of those two countries.

At the moment, he could pretty much walk down the street in most places, and people wouldn't have a clue who he was, he's been away so long.

Yes, this point is repeated over and over again - ONLY France and Italy. I get the feeling that these two countries count less than others, while the opposite is the fact. They're both big and important countries to MIKA. Wasn't it in France both his DVSs "Live at L'Olympia" and "Live at Parc de Prince" were shot? Wasn't it in France that the Ministre of Culture honoured him with a knight medal? Wasn't it in Paris that the Grevin Museum in Paris found a place for MIKA in wax - everything very early in his carriere? :blink: What kind of similar honour did London and England show him?! Not much, I'm afraid. When he dared to add a couple of his French songs in his songlist during the last tour, the British press almost made a fool of him. They have also been quite uninterested in him the last few years, because he has been boring - and didn't produce scandals!? :sneaky2: Both France and Italy have welcomed him warmly, and taken good care of him - no wonder he bought his own appartment in Milan lately! :blush-anim-cl: As "Cathouzouf" wrote here not long ago: "You can't forcefeed a country to like you" - Exactly, that's how it is...

I don't think it's totally right that outside France, Italy and Belgium "he has not been seen since the time of the last alb. release" And he couldn't walk most other places without being noticed either. If he walked the streets of Madrid or Barcelona, I think he'd be recognized, because of his hit last year: "Live your life" - then big posters of him were on the streets. And what about MIKA 4 Swatch?! It's a worldknown trademark - where he was honoured to design a watch for their 30th anniversary - a happening which even gave you the opportunity to a short meeting with him, and this beautiful pic you have on your profile :thumb_yello: If he took a walk in the streets of Monte Carlo these days, I suppose some citizens there would know that he's the artist that their Prince Albert invited to entertain 800 guests at the Roseball this year :blush-anim-cl:

MIKA has been working sooo hard since TOOL :wub2: He has told about his plan to take care of his own carriere, and I don't need a master degree in economy to understand that, without any support, this will require a LOT of money from him. I'm very proud of him as a hardworking artist! :thumb_yello: And in between all these projects, he keep on writing songs, and keep us updated how the work goes, with the new album in LA. What more can we expect from him?! For me, there's a difference between liking/loving and accepting/respecting his projects. But imo, we all owe him to be fair, and to show some respect! That's what he really deserves! :blush-anim-cl:

Last night I saw a lovely and touching TV progr. called "There's something about SUSAN" - about the first livetour ever of Susan Boyle - the lady who got a new and better life after "Britain's got talent" show :thumb_yello: The progr. ended with her singing "You raise me up" - this wonderful song written by Rolf Løvland, from my birthtown Kristiansand. You probably have heard of him, and his band Secret Garden, together with Fionnuala Sherry. I wish we all would support MIKA in a way so he could, proudly and with an honest heart, sing to ALL his MFCers:

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.

You raise me up ... to more than I can be.

You raise me up ... to more than I can be" :fisch::wub2:

Happy Eastern everybody! :huglove:

Love,love

me

The only thing one needs to sell albums is good music. Paolo Nutini currently has the #1 album on Italian iTunes. He didn't have to learn to speak Italian. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by getting an outsider to insert random Italian lyrics. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by dueting with a talent show contestant. He didn't need to spend two seasons on X Factor. He didn't need to demonstrate to all of Italy what a wonderful smart charming well dressed handsome guy he is because if you are a music consumer these things are totally irrelevant. He made a good album so people are buying it. Just like they buy Adele's albums. And Ed Sheerhan's, etc. etc.

When one fails at communicating their music to music consumers the solution is to work on the music. All of the rest of it is about making money.

Yes, this point is repeated over and over again - ONLY France and Italy. I get the feeling that these two countries count less than others, while the opposite is the fact. They're both big and important countries to MIKA. Wasn't it in France both his DVSs "Live at L'Olympia" and "Live at Parc de Prince" were shot? Wasn't it in France that the Ministre of Culture honoured him with a knight medal? Wasn't it in Paris that the Grevin Museum in Paris found a place for MIKA in wax - everything very early in his carriere? :blink: What kind of similar honour did London and England show him?! Not much, I'm afraid. When he dared to add a couple of his French songs in his songlist during the last tour, the British press almost made a fool of him. They have also been quite uninterested in him the last few years, because he has been boring - and didn't produce scandals!? :sneaky2: Both France and Italy have welcomed him warmly, and taken good care of him - no wonder he bought his own appartment in Milan lately! :blush-anim-cl: As "Cathouzouf" wrote here not long ago: "You can't forcefeed a country to like you" - Exactly, that's how it is...

I don't think it's totally right that outside France, Italy and Belgium "he has not been seen since the time of the last alb. release" And he couldn't walk most other places without being noticed either. If he walked the streets of Madrid or Barcelona, I think he'd be recognized, because of his hit last year: "Live your life" - then big posters of him were on the streets. And what about MIKA 4 Swatch?! It's a worldknown trademark - where he was honoured to design a watch for their 30th anniversary - a happening which even gave you the opportunity to a short meeting with him, and this beautiful pic you have on your profile :thumb_yello: If he took a walk in the streets of Monte Carlo these days, I suppose some citizens there would know that he's the artist that their Prince Albert invited to entertain 800 guests at the Roseball this year :blush-anim-cl:

MIKA has been working sooo hard since TOOL :wub2: He has told about his plan to take care of his own carriere, and I don't need a master degree in economy to understand that, without any support, this will require a LOT of money from him. I'm very proud of him as a hardworking artist! :thumb_yello: And in between all these projects, he keep on writing songs, and keep us updated how the work goes, with the new album in LA. What more can we expect from him?! For me, there's a difference between liking/loving and accepting/respecting his projects. But imo, we all owe him to be fair, and to show some respect! That's what he really deserves! :blush-anim-cl:

Last night I saw a lovely and touching TV progr. called "There's something about SUSAN" - about the first livetour ever of Susan Boyle - the lady who got a new and better life after "Britain's got talent" show :thumb_yello: The progr. ended with her singing "You raise me up" - this wonderful song written by Rolf Løvland, from my birthtown Kristiansand. You probably have heard of him, and his band Secret Garden, together with Fionnuala Sherry. I wish we all would support MIKA in a way so he could, proudly and with an honest heart, sing to ALL his MFCers:

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.

You raise me up ... to more than I can be.

You raise me up ... to more than I can be" :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

You are missing my point completely!

I'm not having a go at him being in France and Italy, I just wish it was being the amazing performer that he is rather than on these tv shows, doing gigs in some pretty amazing towns and cities in them. Yes I have been to gigs in these countries, I fell in love with Cattolica in Italy, it's such a beautiful coastal town. And in France I stayed at Treasas house that she has there, and it is so peaceful and idyllic there. So I have love for the countries, you seem to be trying to imply that I do not, which I find rude!

And I do not defend the way the press have treated him here in the UK, in fact I have slammed various radio stations and press on Twitter, I despise the tabloid press in this country, which if you bother to read any of my posts here about the paps, you will know.

I have been a massive supporter of Mikas since 2007, I have spoken to him often, I have liked most of his side work like the clothes and the Swatch watch, which I bought myself for my last birthday. But he knows my feelings about these talent shows, and he knows I respect him. So I'm pretty darn sure he knows that just because I do not like the tv he is doing right now, that I will still be here to support him completely when he comes back with a new album.

So please don't assume that I don't support him, I have been doing it for a long time, and will be doing for quite a long time to come!

Edited by RAK1

Mika knows that these useless reality tv shows have divided his fans, and he knows why, we who have been with him since 2007,know how he felt about these shows, which is why it is an issue.We saw at his last few gigs there was something wrong, he couldn't give anyone straight answer to questions about a tour etc and later found out why, no promotion support.He would never have chosen to do these shows under normal circumstances, it was sheer desperation to try to save his career (wrong choice)

As for giving him credit and support, yes we will give all that and more for Mika, the amazingly, talented, singer, songwriter, to the end of the earth, but not to something we deplore, that has him sat on his backside, reducing him to celebrity status, it doesnt matter which country it is in, the rest of the world aren't aware he his still around, the longer he does reality tv, the harder the mountain is to climb, and if he doesn't produce a great album this time around, well being a celebrity on these shows may well be his future, and that's not what we want for him.

We want him back to being on top in the music world, where he belongs :mikalove:

Oh yeah, Britain and the record company are all to blame for Mika's lack of success and Mika has done nothing wrong. Now I remember why I stayed away from MFC.

Yes the Brits have always hated Mika. Since we seem to be measuring success and acceptance by wax figures and faux knighthoods instead of having a #1 song and a #1 album.

He's a good all-rounder. I've loved him performing on the TV shows, so no one can really say he's not performing his music anymore. It's not a concert, but people who didn't know him before, are buying his albums and loving him.

Then when he talks, his personality shines through, and his musical knowledge.

I see no harm in him doing the shows. I think they are a means to an end atm. I just wish one of the shows was in the UK. That's the only concern I have. I want him back on top in UK. While he's in Italy or France, that's not going to happen.

He didn't have to learn to speak Italian. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by getting an outsider to insert random Italian lyrics. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by dueting with a talent show contestant. He didn't need to spend two seasons on X Factor. He didn't need to demonstrate to all of Italy what a wonderful smart charming well dressed handsome guy he is

Sorry to quote myself here but if this isn't trying to "forcefeed a country to like you" I don't know what is. The frustration I'm hearing here is why not expend at least some of this effort in markets where success would lead to selling millions of albums and not just 100,000. People outside of Italy and France have bought MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of Mika's albums and the idea that he has been embraced by France and Italy and rejected by everyone else is simply false.

He's a good all-rounder. I've loved him performing on the TV shows, so no one can really say he's not performing his music anymore. It's not a concert, but people who didn't know him before, are buying his albums and loving him.

Then when he talks, his personality shines through, and his musical knowledge.

I see no harm in him doing the shows. I think they are a means to an end atm. I just wish one of the shows was in the UK. That's the only concern I have. I want him back on top in UK. While he's in Italy or France, that's not going to happen.

I agree with you on this, Marilyn

You are missing my point completely!

I'm not having a go at him being in France and Italy, I just wish it was being the amazing performer that he is rather than on these tv shows, doing gigs in some pretty amazing towns and cities in them. Yes I have been to gigs in these countries, I fell in love with Cattolica in Italy, it's such a beautiful coastal town. And in France I stayed at Treasas house that she has there, and it is so peaceful and idyllic there. So I have love for the countries, you seem to be trying to imply that I do not, which I find rude!

And I do not defend the way the press have treated him here in the UK, in fact I have slammed various radio stations and press on Twitter, I despise the tabloid press in this country, which if you bother to read any of my posts here about the paps, you will know.

I have been a massive supporter of Mikas since 2007, I have spoken to him often, I have liked most of his side work like the clothes and the Swatch watch, which I bought myself for my last birthday. But he knows my feelings about these talent shows, and he knows I respect him. So I'm pretty darn sure he knows that just because I do not like the tv he is doing right now, that I will still be here to support him completely when he comes back with a new album.

So please don't assume that I don't support him, I have been doing it for a long time, and will be doing for quite a long time to come!

:shocked: OH - soo sorry if you got me wrong here !! I'll try to explain:

I've never thought, or said, that YOU don't like MIKA to be in France or Italy - or that YOU don't like to be in these countries - of course not !! :blink:

Yes, I've read your opinion about paps and their work, and I totally agree, in worst case they can destroy peoples lives! :sneaky2: Last, but not least, I've never doubted YOUR support for MIKA!! :blush-anim-cl: What I ment to say was that I wish we all MFCers would support him in all his work and struggeling, no matter what! We all want him back with great, new music, and a world tour, asap :wub2: But neither we, nor MIKA, owes a money press machine. And without any financial support, he has to earn the money himself, in different ways. And as far as I can understand, he works really hard! That's what I hope we can all appreciate and support! :wink2: And I hope he'll find a very good and rich sponsor, for his upcoming tour, when he's ready for that ...:blush-anim-cl:

My fault here is that I quoted your answer to me, which obviously made you feel like I attact you! :doh: For this I'm very sorry - and I can assure you that wasn't my intention at all, and I'll be more careful with "quotes" when I have much to say...:teehee: Hope this cleared it up a bit ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

And how exactly do you know that he doesn't get a sufficient amount from tge record company? They are after all still involved. And how exactly do you know he uses the money for his new album and not to pay for Valentino suits? Just because he said that the record company doesn't support him enough? Yes they did not back TOOL that much after Celebrate failed but I had someone from the record company tell me that this happens with every artist who fails to live up to expectations.

So without evidence other than what you THINK he does with the money, let's not make assumptions.

The only thing one needs to sell albums is good music. Paolo Nutini currently has the #1 album on Italian iTunes. He didn't have to learn to speak Italian. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by getting an outsider to insert random Italian lyrics. He didn't need to blaspheme his songs by dueting with a talent show contestant. He didn't need to spend two seasons on X Factor. He didn't need to demonstrate to all of Italy what a wonderful smart charming well dressed handsome guy he is because if you are a music consumer these things are totally irrelevant. He made a good album so people are buying it. Just like they buy Adele's albums. And Ed Sheerhan's, etc. etc.

When one fails at communicating their music to music consumers the solution is to work on the music. All of the rest of it is about making money.

I understand that everyone has a point of view and that's fine with me :thumb_yello: But this thread was made for sharing scans translations audios and videos...and maybe the thread about Mika's being judge in The Voice would be better for that discussion? :dunno:

Love,love

me

I'm so agree with you! Thank you for your words. :huglove:

And how exactly do you know that he doesn't get a sufficient amount from tge record company? They are after all still involved. And how exactly do you know he uses the money for his new album and not to pay for Valentino suits? Just because he said that the record company doesn't support him enough? Yes they did not back TOOL that much after Celebrate failed but I had someone from the record company tell me that this happens with every artist who fails to live up to expectations.

So without evidence other than what you THINK he does with the money, let's not make assumptions.

This question was probably for someone else but still saying that as far as I'm concerned he can use his money for his album or buying suits or organizing holidays for his whole family. I don't need any evidence as in the end it's none of my business anyway. He has several times mentioned (in interviews and when doing the university lecture) that his record company is not supporting him enough/that he is trying to find alternative financing to promote his music so that's a natural assumption, imo.

This question was probably for someone else but still saying that as far as I'm concerned he can use his money for his album or buying suits or organizing holidays for his whole family. I don't need any evidence as in the end it's none of my business anyway. He has several times mentioned (in interviews and when doing the university lecture) that his record company is not supporting him enough/that he is trying to find alternative financing to promote his music so that's a natural assumption, imo.

I don't care what he spends his money on. I just find it a bit strange that we all have to think Mika is super sad because that evil record conpany doesn't give him enough money and he was basically forced to do these shows against his will to provide us with new music. That is not how it works. Of course he doesn't get millions from the record company anymore. It is business and if your product doesn't sell, you don't invest all your funds in to it. But let's not forget Mika also said there would be a summer tour, that there would be a residency in Paris, that the album would be done in July. All words. I am not saying he doesn't invest some of the money in his new music, I just don't understand why it is presented as a fact that he is, while we don't know if that is true based on his words and pretty eyes alone.

And also, and I know you didn't mention this, the lack of touring is not the record company's fault as they don't finance tours. Instead of doing bad tv-commercials in Italy, he could get Sky to finance a tour which would be more lucrative for both parties.

Just remember, every story has two sides so you can't just blame the record company or Britain for not fully backing him.

SENSELESS ; i'M REALLY PISSED OFF THIS NEVER ENDING STORY SORRY FOR MY HARD WORDS BUT IT IS THE TRUTH:aah::aah::aah:

Could we please :bow: open a thread for this discussion ...please

I opened it , so please be kind and discuss in this thread now

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4004701#post4004701

and keep this thread for scans, translations, audios and videos , please :bow:

Edited by crazyaboutmika