Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Thanks for the translation, Camille! :flowers2:

I can't understand where this "100 % French album" came from :doh: This was an interesting interview and reading it made me very excited about his new album. Not that we know when it's happening for real but just thinking about new music is exciting.

Thanks for the translation, Camille! :flowers2:

I can't understand where this "100 % French album" came from :doh: This was an interesting interview and reading it made me very excited about his new album. Not that we know when it's happening for real but just thinking about new music is exciting.

yes, new music is always exciting for MFCers :yay:

the waiting is always a nail biting experience.. it doesn't get easier 3rd time around! :naughty:

yes, new music is always exciting for MFCers :yay:

the waiting is always a nail biting experience.. it doesn't get easier 3rd time around! :naughty:

really??? I´m absolutely relaxed and patient :teehee::fisch: this time!!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

really??? I´m absolutely relaxed and patient :teehee::fisch: this time!!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

oh :naughty: i'm also relaxed, when i say nail biting, i mean of excitement of what it will sound like... not particularly the time frame. Though i do hope he has started to work on the album, it's a long process from "ideas" to "writing" to "recording" to "going on market" to "touring"

:naughty:

I love the interview. I love how Mika is bold enough to change his strategy, and to admit that he has done so.

I've always thought of his career as an evolution, and never wanted him to stay in one place, career-wise. The most successful singers are the ones that are able to adapt, as Madonna has always done.

The French songs will probably do well in France, Belgium and Quebec, or any other French-speaking country. But I think there will be English language songs for the rest of us, on the main album.

Interview for Télé 7 Jours :wink2:

Thank you Camille, you were fast! :thumb_yello:

Did you guys see that over the top photoshopped front page of "Telepoche" ?

https://twitter.com/MatthieuGrelier/status/426418274088546306/photo/1

it's just awful :lmfao:

As awful as his wax statue at the Montreal Grevin museum :aah:

EDIT: to me, it's as bad as if they tried to photoshop Barbara Streisand's face with a button nose

I really don't like it :aah:

Well.... it is :teehee:

So he changed his mind about sharing that. Just to point out he's human and he can have seconds thoughts on this as on every other topic: what to share, going in television, hiding or not, marketing strategies, his goals. I' m glad he doesn't freeze and stick all life long to his beliefs. As he said, he better die rather than never changing.

I don't know jack squat about what he's going to do, but I'm happy he doesn't sacrifice himself to be consistent with something he did or told time ago. That would create more and more boundaries which every statement he would do. I'm sure I won't agree with my own posts in a year as well :aah:

And whenever he will do something I don't like, I'll just won't buy it, as I didn't buy the swatch (too big and that mask is a kind of disturbing to me because of a nightmare I had as a child)

Exactly, he said many times that it's natural and good for him to change his mind, and I totally agree with that

I am like this too. But it's because it's my first time :teehee: I'm still discovering so much from the 3 first albums :wub2:

I don't mind doing it completely. It's kind of a hobby for me really :teehee:

Merci Camille - good for us that this is a hobby for you - I really appreciate your work!! :huglove: - And again, it's a great interview - MIKA never disappoints me with his answers - and honesty, and as earlier I'm totally relaxed, but of course also excited at the same time - because of his new music, I'm sure it will be amazing ...:fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

I am like this too. But it's because it's my first time :teehee: I'm still discovering so much from the 3 first albums :wub2:

Just like me. I'm so not tired of the previous 3 albums :wink2:

And a half (aka Songs of Sorrow :teehee:)

(and I don't consider the Songbook not even a half, I appreciate him doing it, but I can't count it in the albums list, that would be cheating. And I believe he doesn't count it as well, since he still consider TOOL his latest album)

I love the interview. I love how Mika is bold enough to change his strategy, and to admit that he has done so.

I've always thought of his career as an evolution, and never wanted him to stay in one place, career-wise. The most successful singers are the ones that are able to adapt

The more you speak your mind the more I think we are on the same page on many topics. :hi5:

Edited by Elwendin

Just like me. I'm so not tired of the previous 3 albums :wink2:

And a half (aka Songs of Sorrow :teehee:)

(and I don't consider the Songbook not even a half, I appreciate him doing it, but I can't count it in the albums list, that would be cheating. And I believe he doesn't count it as well, since he still consider TOOL his latest album)

The more you speak your mind the more I think we are on the same page on many topics. :hi5:

I think there are exciting times ahead in 2014.

Thank you very much for the translation, Camille!! :huglove: I loved this interview :mikalove:

As I had thought, the press tends to make a scoop where there is no... I hope that one of them is as beautiful as Karen was :wub2:

In fact :thumb_yello: He said he has written 4 songs in french and the press shouts that his 4th album will be 100% in french :mf_rosetinted:

Every day I become more impatient for the new album, I'm sure he will not disappoints us :wub2:

Loved reading all the info about the new album in those recent interviews! It's really exciting that there will be more songs in French! It's not that the language in which the song is written makes a huge difference since all of Mika's songs have incredible melodies, deep lyrics and are full of emotions but the French ones have that special something that I find really touching. For example Un Soleil Mal Luné, it's super sensitive, super beautiful:wub2:

Cant wait to hear more about the new album and songs!! :)

I can translate if someone is interested in, but it will take a while.

Camille? What about this? Are you working on it?

I was going to ask if it was useful to translate some of these as nobody asked for it!

I guess I can take some time to translate something tonight or tomorrow, just tell me which one you are likely to translate and I'll do another one :wink2:

I was going to ask if it was useful to translate some of these as nobody asked for it!

I guess I can take some time to translate something tonight or tomorrow, just tell me which one you are likely to translate and I'll do another one :wink2:

Sorry for my delay, I'm a kind of sick, so I'm taking my time.

I have no favourite article to translate, I could take the first one, "j'ai essayé " etc as a start or whatever you like me to :thumb_yello: