Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

the 4 songs they mentioned that he already wrote in french....

Perhaps they are not new songs, but maybe they are referring to the 4 we already know

1) elle me dit 2) karen 3) soleil mal luné 4) l'amour dans le mauvais temps

:dunno:

please i hope so god please let it just be that please.

I hope so too, if he wants to be a success in the UK again, french songs on the album will be a big mistake imo,

I hope it will be a half-hearted EP to cash in on his success on the Voice, so we can laugh about it later and forget that it ever happened.

I don't believe that he's making a full album in French...the last time that we asked outside the studio of "le invasioni barbariche" he said he's still at the beginning...

I'll wait that he says it himself in an interview ... the newspapers tend to always change what a person says and I think that we are used to this by now.

Here's the translation:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-90233.html

Mika is setting up a french new album

Taking advantage of the celebrity the Voice is offering him since its start two weeks ago, Mika counts on perking up with a new album. The singer prefers Molière language. He has already written 4 tracks in french.

Like we could imagine, Mika counts on surfing on the wave of The Voice success in order to revamp his career in France. Sulked with his latest album TOOL, although it was a pretty much good vineyard, the singer is working from now on on the next. This is what he will disclose in the n theext edition of magazine Télé 7, giving in this occasion the first details of this project which could shows up during the year.

Unless the new coach prefers in a first moment to resume the promotion of TOOL, which is doing this week a pretty good reclimbing in the charts. Missing from the top 200 since many weeks, the album reaches the 92th position, a year and a half after its release. There is an undeniable The Voice effect for the singer, who is this morning 31th and 37th from Top iTunes with his first albums LICM and TOOL. When it comes to single tracks, Mika reclimbs as well with Underwater.

Appreciated in his new role as The Voice coach, Mika put on a show in the two first episodes broadcasted on 11th and 18 th of january. He was expected to do it. And he didn't disappoint, even managing to overshadow Garou and Florent Pagny. Watched by 9 million people, the talent show offers Mika the wished exposure to being able to reach again the thop of the charts. The two first trials of the blind audictions and the battles being already recorder in the end of the year, the artist can totally devout himself to the writing of new songs.

For the moment, they are 4. Aware that France turned into his first market, the singer will sing in Molière language for his 4th album according to Télé 7 Jours. This is not the very first time, cause he already wrote Elle me dit in 2011 and recorded 3 tracks in our language for the album TOOL: "Karen", "Un soleil mal luné" and "L'amour dans le mauvais temps".

So, in my opinion, 4 french tracks are so not a whole album.

I totally agree with Lucrezia. I don't trust journalists. I need to see or hear him saying things.

The title of this article is just twisted.

I suppose there are three possible roads:

- a kind of french songbook with karen and those french songs (but that it's not "writing a new album" , so it would be a kind of cheating :aah:)

- a whole french album

- an english/french album

Edited by Elwendin

@VirginRadiofr: .@mikasounds travaille actuellement sur un album 100% français : http://bit.ly/1dS9vdK #VirginRadioActu http://twitter.com/VirginRadiofr/status/426399307403911168/photo/1

Is it April Fool's day yet? I do hope so. I could deal with EMD, I think Soleil was ok, the rest was meh but honestly, 100% French? Good for French fans, brilliant marketing stunt for the Voice, not so good for international fans. I hope it's a lie.

*Prays for English songs*

:blink: people that exult for this news (that I hope is false) leave me :shocked:

I don't believe that he's making a full album in French...the last time that we asked outside the studio of "le invasioni barbariche" he said he's still at the beginning...

I'll wait that he says it himself in an interview ... the newspapers tend to always change what a person says and I think that we are used to this by now.

Yes, I agree, I can't believe that Mika can makes an album 100% in French :blink: Probably it's the usual exaggerate news!

Mika is setting up a french new album

Taking advantage of the celebrity the Voice is offering him since its start two weeks ago, Mika counts on perking up with a new album. The singer prefers Molière language. He has already wrtten 4 tracks in french.

Like we could imagine, Mika counts on surfing on the wave of The Voice success in order to revamp his career in France. Sulked with his latest album TOOL, although it was a pretty much good vineyard, the singer is working from now on on the next. This is what he will disclose in the n theext edition of magazine Télé 7, giving in this occasion the first details of this project which could shows up during the year.

work in progress

Where did you get this from? what's the reference?

The way they refer to the 4 tracks does not mean it is for this album, it could mean that's he's written 4 songs in the past (see list i mentioned)

Where did you get this from? what's the reference?

The way they refer to the 4 tracks does not mean it is for this album, it could mean that's he's written 4 songs in the past (see list i mentioned)

That's not my opinion, I'm just translating the article.:aah:

That's not my opinion, I'm just translating the article.:aah:

:naughty: ok

The thing is, we will probably see this information pop up everywhere.

Not that it is more true because we see it many times from different medias, but because they pick up on each other & rewrite the information.

The interview in full will be on Monday, but this article is teasing some of the details here:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-90233.html

Does it say the whole album will be in French? :blink:

I wouldn't find it so upsetting as some of you does, maybe a whole album could be too much but I really like his French songs and as far as I'm concerned he can sing songs in whatever language because I like his voice and his music and I think also the lyrics would be as good as always (maybe it's because I'm used to listening to songs from all over the world so language is not a matter for me). I would like these new French songs to be in all editions of his new album (if they aren't already part of another project) :wub2:

he can sing songs in whatever language because I like his voice and his music and I think also the lyrics would be as good as always (maybe it's because I'm used to listening to songs from all over the world so language is not a matter for me).

My problem is that some of these French songs are obviously not written by him and don't sound like his music. So yes I feel the same as you but if they are not "Mika songs" I am not interested. For instance Elle Me Dit sounds like a Mika song. It sounds like English pop, it just happens to have French lyrics. But some of the other songs do not. And even in the case of Un Soleil which I really quite liked, it just doesn't fit in with an album. TOOL had a whole theme and the French songs were just random add-ons IMO. Even while Mika was describing the making of TOOL the French songs were a non-consideration. He talked about having writer's block that was finally overcome when he wrote Underwater. But this happened AFTER the French songs were written.

I hope if he wants to release some more French songs he will just release an EP or a version of the Songbook as he did in Italy. Of course it just tells me that this English album is barely in its infancy (if it exists at all) and it still seems unlikely to me much will happen in the next few months if the priority is getting something to the French market before the Voice is done.

But I guess time will tell.

I hope if he wants to release some more French songs he will just release an EP or a version of the Songbook as he did in Italy. Of course it just tells me that this English album is barely in its infancy (if it exists at all) and it still seems unlikely to me much will happen in the next few months if the priority is getting something to the French market before the Voice is done.

yes, I think it will be the most likely thing even though this doesn't imply the fact that he can't release them in his future album as well, he's so unpredictable! :aah:

I have a question: in your opinion, why an album in different languages than english, should be a problem? :blink: Mika is a citizen of the world: who should try to do something like that? Mika should be perfect.

Of course, a choice like that implies different goals, different strategies ... but i really think he is perfectly able of doing everything. Able and credibile.

It would be a different project, ambitious and original, a different starting point. Exciting, I think. Dangerous but very exciting. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Marta.

I have a question: in your opinion, why an album in different languages than the english one, should be a problem? :blink: Mika is a citizen of the world: who should try to do something like that? Mika should be perfect.

Of course, a choice like that implies different goals, different strategies ... but i really think he is perfectly able of doing everything. Able and credibile.

It would be a different project, ambitious and original, a different starting point. Exciting, I think. Dangerous but very exciting. :mf_rosetinted:

Probably because on a global scale, it won't sell as well.

It certainly won't sell well in the UK, maybe an odd single might, as a one off song , but a whole album won't.

I have a question: in your opinion, why an album in different languages than the english one, should be a problem? :blink: Mika is a citizen of the world: who should try to do something like that? Mika should be perfect.

My taste in music is not tied to Mika's capabilities in any way shape or form. I have been developing my own taste in music since long before he was even born, muchless releasing albums. I don't want to listen to Swahili folk songs just because Mika is a citizen of the world and would find it an exciting challenge to make such an album. His choices don't affect what I want to listen to or what I'm willing to buy.

Mika can sing whateverrrrrrrrrrr he wants.

However, when i fell under the spell of his music, they were english songs.

That's what attracted me to him. He can sing in other languages, but he will not capture that feeling. They are not 100% Mika songs.

Though i am french from Québec, as a general rule (with some exceptions, of course) I do not care for French music.

And unless a song is over the top (ex: La Bamba), i will not listen to music in other languages. The only exception to this rule was when i listened to Alegria, the music from the "Cirque du soleil" I had no idea what she was signing, but because i had seen the show, i had mental images of it while listening to the music.

I have a question: in your opinion, why an album in different languages than english, should be a problem? :blink: Mika is a citizen of the world: who should try to do something like that? Mika should be perfect.

I also would like an album in different languages, but maybe that, for promoting it, it would be better to do an English album and a deluxe version with a second CD in different languages :wub2::wub2:

Don't know if this information about an album in French is true, I think it's better to wait for more official information before being happy / desesperate (choose you version :teehee:) :wink2:

Edited by Alireine

I also would like an album in different languages, but maybe that, for promoting it, it would be better to do an English album and a deluxe version with a second CD in different languages :wub2::wub2:

Don't know if this information about an album in French is true, I think it's better to wait for more official information before being happy / desesperate (choose you version :teehee:) :wink2:

:naughty: what does that have to do with my brother dying?

I am not taking this info at face value but it is pretty much a given at this point that Mika is going to continue pandering to the French market with French songs. It would just be stupid at this point if he didn't given that he is doing the Voice and I'm sure the majority of his gigs this year will be in France. I just think they should be released in France and not mixed up with the 4th album so that I have to go to a foreign country to buy an English album like I did with TOOL.

I know that newer fans think Mika is a man of the world and all of that but when he came on the scene he was a pop musician in the English style. The French fans (and everyone else) were drawn to him for this style and not because they expected him to start making international music. I didn't even know that Mika was bilingual at first and I remember Mika telling the story of a francophone woman in Quebec who told him he looked like that singer Mika but he couldn't be because "he's English".

If Mika really has some artistic drive to write in French (which I doubt, but let's say for the sake of argument), he can do whatever he wants. But the rest of the world is not going to listen to music they don't like no matter how much they like Mika's other music.

I am not taking this info at face value but it is pretty much a given at this point that Mika is going to continue pandering to the French market with French songs. It would just be stupid at this point if he didn't given that he is doing the Voice and I'm sure the majority of his gigs this year will be in France. I just think they should be released in France and not mixed up with the 4th album so that I have to go to a foreign country to buy an English album like I did with TOOL.

I know that newer fans think Mika is a man of the world and all of that but when he came on the scene he was a pop musician in the English style. The French fans (and everyone else) were drawn to him for this style and not because they expected him to start making international music. I didn't even know that Mika was bilingual at first and I remember Mika telling the story of a francophone woman in Quebec who told him he looked like that singer Mika but he couldn't be because "he's English".

If Mika really has some artistic drive to write in French (which I doubt, but let's say for the sake of argument), he can do whatever he wants. But the rest of the world is not going to listen to music they don't like no matter how much they like Mika's other music.

I must say I'm not sure a French album would have a huge success, even in France. I think even French people prefer him singing in English, especially young people. Of course, a few French songs in the album would be better for the French market, but I'm not sure about a whole album in French.

I must say I'm not sure a French album would have a huge success, even in France. I think even French people prefer him singing in English, especially young people. Of course, a few French songs in the album would be better for the French market, but I'm not sure about a whole album in French.

i wouldn't mind a french EP, it would make sense with him being in France, like the release of his greatest hits in Italy... But i'd prefer his next english album to be only in English.

I had to get a copy of Origin of Love from the UK to get the english version, which i prefered :wub2:

I'm not going to read too much into anything until we hear some real, official stuff. Now it's all just a flurry of rumors.

I think a French EP would be a good idea. It would probably sell well.

A French Songbook type thing would be good too.

I'm also fine with a few French songs on a brand new album.

The only scenario that I would find disappointing to me would be an all French new album. I'd still buy it, but it would be not the same for me. A few French songs would add flavor, but I would find all French off-putting. No offense to the French, we just know him and love him as an English singer. But I don't think that's the plan, anyway.

We are just going to have to be patient and see what happens. I think the next few months will be very interesting.

To put it in perspective, my 9yo says his favorite Mika sing is Elle Me Dit, "Because I can't understand a word he says!"

Given the fact that the only songs ever played on Quebec radio from his last album was EMD and Karen, I'm pretty sure a French album would sell well within in French Quebec.

Stay tuned for the next episode...:naughty: