Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Given the fact that the only songs ever played on Quebec radio from his last album was EMD and Karen, I'm pretty sure a French album would sell well within in French Quebec.

Stay tuned for the next episode...:naughty:

It's the first thing that came to my mind when I read this new. Maybe if a new song in french become very popular, we'll get Mika on radio again here. I'ld be so happy because he'ld be back sooner than expected. BUT I never loved his french songs so I wish he's writting in english too because it's where he's at his best.

Given the fact that the only songs ever played on Quebec radio from his last album was EMD and Karen, I'm pretty sure a French album would sell well within in French Quebec.

Stay tuned for the next episode...:naughty:

I haven't heard any of his music being played on the radio since last summer, except for Celebrate at Rona :blush-anim-cl:

Rumours come, rumours go , we should wait and see, for me it make not soo much difference, if his album would be French or English( think, there will be two versions, maybe two albums?), both are strange languages for me, also I understand English much better but I don't see a reason for quarreling about it, its Mikas album, not ours:aah:

I haven't heard any of his music being played on the radio since last summer, except for Celebrate at Rona :blush-anim-cl:

EMD is still a regular on the French show on CKOI at night:thumb_yello:

As well as every time I request them a Mika song:sneaky2:

I must say I'm not sure a French album would have a huge success, even in France. I think even French people prefer him singing in English, especially young people. Of course, a few French songs in the album would be better for the French market, but I'm not sure about a whole album in French.

I agree with you. I'm not particularly young :teehee: but I do prefer him singing in English, even if I really like most of his French songs. I really rarely listen to French artists in general, and I don't think I would have cared about a 'French Mika'...

About his success, when I first heard EMD, I liked it but immediately thought that French people wouldn't like it... Well, I was so wrong! It was his biggest hit here..

As some of you, I think that it could be a kind of songbook or a deluxe version of the new album for France... it's right that he want take the chance offered from The Voice. :thumb_yello: But I don't believe his 4th album is all in French for the whole world, it would be absurd :aah:

However, we wait for official news... we need to be patient with Mika :teehee:

As some of you, I think that it could be a kind of songbook or a deluxe version of the new album for France... it's right that he want take the chance offered from The Voice. :thumb_yello: But I don't believe his 4th album is all in French for the whole world, it would be absurd :aah:

He surely knows that he couldn't release an album in French in the UK.

It's probably just a French edition.

He surely knows that he couldn't release an album in French in the UK.

It's probably just a French edition.

:thumb_yello: We don't need to teach MIKA anything re. his music releases - he knows the business - and what he is doing :mikalove: "Relax - take it easy" guys - otherwise it might lead to "a nervous breakdown" this year ...:naughty:

Love,love

me

last summer I went to Montreal and I heard both Elle me dit and Karen at a supermarket, you can imagine my reaction :yikes:

I can't be worried about this project, it's too early and I'm so excited about everything he does which is related to his music and I'm only thinking about how to get it if it is released only in France (in my opinion it will be a kind of French Songobook) :wub2:

I'm not going to read too much into anything until we hear some real, official stuff. Now it's all just a flurry of rumors.

I think a French EP would be a good idea. It would probably sell well.

A French Songbook type thing would be good too.

I'm also fine with a few French songs on a brand new album.

The only scenario that I would find disappointing to me would be an all French new album. I'd still buy it, but it would be not the same for me. A few French songs would add flavor, but I would find all French off-putting. No offense to the French, we just know him and love him as an English singer. But I don't think that's the plan, anyway.

We are just going to have to be patient and see what happens. I think the next few months will be very interesting.

To put it in perspective, my 9yo says his favorite Mika sing is Elle Me Dit, "Because I can't understand a word he says!"

:thumb_yello:

I agree w/ all this (well, not your 9yo's opinion, but all the rest i do).

i don't mind the French songs but a whole album of them would be a bit too much...... i'd still buy it tho xD

:thumb_yello: We don't need to teach MIKA anything re. his music releases - he knows the business - and what he is doing :mikalove: "Relax - take it easy" guys - otherwise it might lead to "a nervous breakdown" this year ...:naughty:

Love,love

me

That is exactly what I am always saying. We should just let him get on with things. The music will come when it's ready and, hopefully, when he's raised his profile in the UK.

I think that IF he releases an album only in French, he will release it only in french countries, like France, Belgium, Canada (probably only in Quebec) as he released the Songbook only in Italia.

I hope he's also working on an album in english at the same time. :pray: This is what I'm waiting for. I also wish he's really working on his music (french or english), because he need very good songs and a good promotion to get him back on the charts.

Télé 7 jours

1538942_723966277621174_900516694_n.jpg

A la une : Mika, l'enfant terrible de The Voice

Lundi, en kiosque, retrouvez Télé 7 Jours avec en couverture Mika, le "petit" nouveau de "The Voice"

Dès lundi, un nouveau numéro de Télé 7 Jours vous attend en kiosque. Avec à la une, Mika qui a intégré le jury de The Voice.

Le chanteur nous a accordé une longue interview dans laquelle il évoque évidemment cette nouvelle aventure télévisuelle, mais aussi ses débuts, ses doutes après le succès de son premier album. Et parle avec émotion de sa soeur.

Extrait...

Vous dites aux Talents de votre équipe que l'important, c'est de raconter des histoires en chantant. Et vous, quelle histoire voulez-vous raconter ?

Mika : Plein ! Mais surtout ce côté "enfant terrible". Cet imaginaire naïf, mais pas enfantin.

L'enfant terrible, c'est vous finalement ?

Mika : Je ne sais pas. Je veux raconter des histoires comme dans des films, les dessins animés. J'exagère la vie normale.

nterview de Jérémy Parayre (@jeremyparayre sur Twitter) à retrouver en intégralité dans Télé 7 Jours.

I think that IF he releases an album only in French, he will release it only in french countries, like France, Belgium, Canada (probably only in Quebec) as he released the Songbook only in Italia.

I hope he's also working on an album in english at the same time. :pray: This is what I'm waiting for. I also wish he's really working on his music (french or english), because he need very good songs and a good promotion to get him back on the charts.

That is actually what I think he is doing... Maybe he'll turn into a male version of Celine Dion:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Télé 7 jours

1538942_723966277621174_900516694_n.jpg

A la une : Mika, l'enfant terrible de The Voice

Lundi, en kiosque, retrouvez Télé 7 Jours avec en couverture Mika, le "petit" nouveau de "The Voice"

Dès lundi, un nouveau numéro de Télé 7 Jours vous attend en kiosque. Avec à la une, Mika qui a intégré le jury de The Voice.

Le chanteur nous a accordé une longue interview dans laquelle il évoque évidemment cette nouvelle aventure télévisuelle, mais aussi ses débuts, ses doutes après le succès de son premier album. Et parle avec émotion de sa soeur.

Extrait...

Vous dites aux Talents de votre équipe que l'important, c'est de raconter des histoires en chantant. Et vous, quelle histoire voulez-vous raconter ?

Mika : Plein ! Mais surtout ce côté "enfant terrible". Cet imaginaire naïf, mais pas enfantin.

L'enfant terrible, c'est vous finalement ?

Mika : Je ne sais pas. Je veux raconter des histoires comme dans des films, les dessins animés. J'exagère la vie normale.

nterview de Jérémy Parayre (@jeremyparayre sur Twitter) à retrouver en intégralité dans Télé 7 Jours.

I think the whole interview will be published on Monday, we'll translate it as soon as possible :thumb_yello:

Camille, Anne, Muriel, does one of you can translate it? Or we can share? I don't have much time this weekend but I can maybe do a part of it if nobody can't do it full :wink2:

Camille, Anne, Muriel, does one of you can translate it? Or we can share? I don't have much time this weekend but I can maybe do a part of it if nobody can't do it full :wink2:

I don't mind doing it completely. It's kind of a hobby for me really :teehee:

Interview for Télé 7 Jours :wink2:

Mika : Who is the 'enfant terrible' of The Voice?

Electric blue suit, pranks and acrobatics... The new judge of The Voice, and the youngest one, puts on a real show every Saturday night on TF1! Is he really like this when the lights are off? Not sure, of course...

Navy blue jacket on a white shirt, jeans and trainers. Classical, but chic. Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, 30 years old, is a normal guy. Behind Mika and his flashy coloured show suits is hidden a reserved man whose childhood was disrupted by moves to follow his father's transfers as an American diplomat. Born in Beirut in Lebanon, native country of his mother, he lands in Paris from his 1st birthday. To leave for London 9 years later. In 2007, it is an explosion with the album LICM, its irresistible hits Relax, Grace Kelly, and its 10 million sold copies. A dreamlike, sugary universe, served by vocal achievements that he struggled to impose. Meeting with a soft-hearted showman, whose slightly British accent makes all of France fall for him.

How is your new life on television going?

I was very nervous at the beginning. Because I'm a shy person. When I'm at a party for example, and that I don't know anybody, I 'collapse'. I don't impose myself, because I don't know how to do it. I feel completely uncomfortable. To cross the room, I need 5 glasses of wine. But when everything goes better, finally, I go back home!

So you're not a showman in your life?

No! I'm quite a reserved boy. When I go out, I dress up in a classic way. I started really young, with theatre and singing opera. In these fields, there is one golden rule: on stage, you are 'on', and after, you are 'off'. And if you can't switch between the 2 anymore, you start being a little bit crazy. Image and reality are 2 separate things, you have to keep this in mind constantly. When you start thinking about the image too much, it destroys everything.

So you play a character on stage?

No, there is nothing fake. It's only when I'm at ease. Like when I'm with my friends. And on The Voice, I'm rather well-behaved! For my gigs, I'm like possessed by the devil, and I do a kind of exorcism.

This 'click' for music, when did you get it?

I started at 5 with a violin that I destroyed. Then a guitar, that I knocked down too. Then I had drums, but for a child, all day long, it wasn't a very good idea. So, I started with piano. I was living in Paris with my family, I was 6, and my parents rent one. The company went bankrupt, we kept the piano. It is still mine today. I loved music and melodies so much! I had a problem at school. I was dyslexic and we used to move a lot, it screwed me up a little bit. I was expelled from school at 11. During one year, I had nothing to do. My mother found a Russian teacher to give me singing lessons. It started slowly, 30 minutes a week, then 2 hours, then 6, then 5 hours a day! For me, it was like a job. On one side, I had school, this disaster where I was technically an idiot, because I couldn't read nor write. And on the other side, this life where I was working, where I finally had value.

You have lived in Lebanon, in France and in the UK. What do you retain from it?

Culturally, France is tolerant. There is a real curiosity, an appetite for world music for example. In the UK, it's not like that at all. It's more like 'What British can bring to the rest of the world'. In Paris, I learnt the concept of melody, of joy in music, and not to be afraid of colours. The concept of 'enfant terrible' is French, according to me. Naive and harsh at the same time. In the UK, if you are punk, you are punk, if you are pop, you are pop. For my part, I've always had this 'Parisian boy' style. Still today. Even in my way to dress up.

Have you suffered from this difference?

At the start, nobody wanted to make me sign in a record company, because I was too different. I couldn't find my space, my 'box'. And good for me, it pushed me to accept my identity. I didn't want to enter a compartment just to please. So I stayed on course. With my sister Yasmine, we were drawing and it became the artwork of my album at the time. My mother, my other sisters and me would make clothes. I would go and buy simple T-shirts and decorate them with paint. It is still like this today, even if it is more elaborate. I always keep this balance.

This universe brings you considerable success in 2007, when you are only 24. How did you live this?

I handled it very well at the beginning, I was thinking I had done something good. I wanted to go on stage immediately, precisely to keep my feet on the ground. Then I isolated myself. I didn't do any interview or TV show, only to sing. One year ago, I realised maybe it wasn't the best thing. When you isolate yourself, it can be destructive. Because you start being afraid of what the others can think about you. I freed myself from this. TV is my antidote today.

You are discreet, in fact...

In my songs, I'm not. What I write is private. When I'm in public, it's more complicated. It's hard to talk about me. And about my relatives. Like what happened to my sister Paloma. But I have a goal: share this story and its 'happy ending'. It's good to tell scary things when the people are safe. And my sister is coping very well. I want to 'break' sadness. Because what she did is big and brave. It's my example. Even if now, as a result, she is going to shout at me again because I said too much!

You tell the contestants in your team that the important thing is to communicate a story while singing. And you, what story do you want to tell?

Plenty! But above all this 'enfant terrible' side I was talking about. This naive but not childish imaginary world.

Are you this 'enfant terrible'; finally?

I don't know. I want to tell stories, like in movies, cartoons. I exaggerate normal life.

Have you planned your return to music?

I'm working on my 4th album. I've already written 4 songs in French. The album will be funny. It's my strength. Be an 'enfant terrible'.

Did you guys see that over the top photoshopped front page of "Telepoche" ?

https://twitter.com/MatthieuGrelier/status/426418274088546306/photo/1

it's just awful :lmfao:

As awful as his wax statue at the Montreal Grevin museum :aah:

EDIT: to me, it's as bad as if they tried to photoshop Barbara Streisand's face with a button nose

Edited by guylainem123

Thank you Camille :huglove:

Have you planned your return to music?

I'm working on my 4th album. I've already written 4 songs in French. The album will be funny. It's my strength. Be an 'enfant terrible'.

How can you read from these sentences that the whole album would be in French? :doh: But I'm glad there will be some new French songs on the French version :thumb_yello:

Well.... it is :teehee:

Like what happened to my sister Paloma. But I have a goal: share this story and its 'happy ending'. It's good to tell scary things when the people are safe. And my sister is coping very well. I want to 'break' sadness. Because what she did is big and brave. It's my example. Even if now, as a result, she is going to shout at me again because I said too much!

So he changed his mind about sharing that. Just to point out he's human and he can have seconds thoughts on this as on every other topic: what to share, going in television, hiding or not, marketing strategies, his goals. I' m glad he doesn't freeze and stick all life long to his beliefs. As he said, he better die rather than never changing.

I don't know jack squat about what he's going to do, but I'm happy he doesn't sacrifice himself to be consistent with something he did or told time ago. That would create more and more boundaries which every statement he would do. I'm sure I won't agree with my own posts in a year as well :aah:

And whenever he will do something I don't like, I'll just won't buy it, as I didn't buy the swatch (too big and that mask is a kind of disturbing to me because of a nightmare I had as a child)

Edited by Elwendin