NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

It's awful! :aah: I don't mind French songs, but this is mainstream rubbish, not the Mika we knew. :sneaky2: The single looks and maybe sounds a little on the obscene side too...

Agree about it being mainstream, but not rubbish :wink2: But for me, mainstream is ok for a summer single, intended to bring new fans from The Voice to his music.

And about obscene, don't you know that Mika, as well as us French people, is obscene? :naughty:

:wink2:

Agree about it being mainstream, but not rubbish :wink2: But for me, mainstream is ok for a summer single, intended to bring new fans from The Voice to his music.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping it to be something catchy and summery and it sounds like that.

And about obscene, don't you know that Mika, as well as us French people, is obscene? :naughty:

:lmfao:

Woke up at 2:30am, having to use the bathroom, which I was actually happy about so I could see the cover. I really like it. Bright and quirky and just a little bit racy.

About the song, it's really hard to tell, from that little snippet, and we barely hear his voice, but I think it has potential, and I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest. The rhythm is really catchy, and I think it could be a great summer song.

from Fb

EXCITING NEWS! Mika will be releasing a new single very soon! You've heard the clip and seen the cover art, so here is all the info you need to know! The track 'Boum Boum Boum' will be released internationally via itunes on Wednesday 11th June (USA and Canada on 17th June). We'll keep you posted on all the download links, video news and everything else!

When it comes to the cover, I'm ok with it, I just don't like the Mount MikaRushmoreface, but whatever. :aah:

At least it'll be played in Montreal :aah: Oh yeah and not impressed by the lyrics "Toi et Moi on fait Boum Boum Boum".

I kind of hope it won't be played in Montreal. Those lyrics don't seem to fit an orchestra, or maybe I'm just old minded. :grandma: I'd like to see that happen though. :naughty:

who knows... when we hear the song, it may mean something totally different.... like dancing

Yeah. Right. I was waiting for some French dude to explain that it's a peculiar french saying which means everything but that thing. And by "that" I don't mean dancing. But apparently it's not happening.

Sometimes that Ockham guy is right. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

I have nothing against ducks, so I'm fine with those lyrics. :yes:

It sounds like an outro.

I agree :thumb_yello:

I kind of hope it won't be played in Montreal. Those lyrics don't seem to fit an orchestra, or maybe I'm just old minded. :grandma: I'd like to see that happen though. :naughty:

i think she means they will play it on her local radio station, not that it will be performed by the orchestra. :wink2:

Sometimes that Ockham guy is right. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Not sure if that's exactly Occam's theory, but yeah I get your point. :naughty:

But maybe for us English people, it's a little surprising to see a naked cartoon man revealing all on the cover for a single. They could have just had him turning away slightly more to avoid the awkward penis (for lack of a better way to phrase it!). Unless that's what you French people like to see...:fisch:

i think she means they will play it on her local radio station, not that it will be performed by the orchestra. :wink2:

Actually, it could be interesting with the whole percussion team:wink2:

But I agree with Raya it'll probably find its way on the radio

But maybe for us English people, it's a little surprising to see a naked cartoon man revealing all on the cover for a single. They could have just had him turning away slightly more to avoid the awkward penis (for lack of a better way to phrase it!). Unless that's what you French people like to see...:fisch:

just focus on the big totem pole :aah:

Aaaah, I see now :facepalm: I'm dumb

"when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

So if boum boum boum sounds like.... a duck, then it must be a duck. Or a chicken, just to fit here on MFC.

The track 'Boum Boum Boum' will be released internationally via itunes

And here I have my answer. No major quest for me. Just my couch and my lousy internet connection. And of course, a credit card. Never done it before. It may be a major quest as well, actually.

from Fb

EXCITING NEWS! Mika will be releasing a new single very soon! You've heard the clip and seen the cover art, so here is all the info you need to know! The track 'Boum Boum Boum' will be released internationally via itunes on Wednesday 11th June (USA and Canada on 17th June). We'll keep you posted on all the download links, video news and everything else!

Please don't tell me that there will be a video of the song :teehee:

I'm imagining Mika dressed like Katy Perry in her "Roar" video :naughty:

No one can possibly tell if it's rubbish or not rubbish based on this 15 seconds. It's not a verse and doesn't even seem to be the full chorus to me. It sounds like an outro.

no... you are right, no one can tell

and yes, i think you are right, i thought it sounded like the outro as well

For me this penis doesn't look awkward :fisch:

Then, I can understand that you find it surprising to find it on the cover, I was also a bit surprised, but listening to the snippet, I think it makes sense.

I personnaly like the fact that, the song talking about sex, he chooses not to hide the sexual part of this nacked man.

For me it's not chocking, only surprising, and I love surprises, especially from Mika :wink2:

I'm afraid that if I enter too much into details of what French people like to see, I will get into troubles :teehee: so I can only say that I am personaly not afraid of such a view :naughty: are English people closing their eyes when they happen to meet one? :fisch:

Edited by Alireine