NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

I'm impressed that a little 14sec snippet has managed to ear worm me already. It think it will be a big hit. I hope.

doesn't work for me yet, i still get the outhere brothers or the vengaboys in my head, if i think of that title! :aah: although i've listened to the snippet several times. ah well, maybe overnight, it was like that with the celebrate snippet - wasn't stuck in my head at all, and suddenly the next morning it was.

"No Yasmine. It's bigger. A lot bigger. Haven't you seen my WAG video?"

There is nothing wrong and shocking about sex if it's done in a classy way. So no Miley Cyrusing Mika!

And there are few Mika songs which do not involve sexual references/innuendos.

As long as he's not doing a Je t'aime, moi non plus, we are good.

:naughty: I agree - a "Je t'aime, moi non plus" would be a bit too much - at least for his fans :aah: Btw, that song came out, when I was your age, and it quickly got forbidden stuff, to be played on the radio, at least here! But luckily I managed to get the single on vinyl, which I still have ...:fisch:

And we'll get the whole alb. in Nov.!! That's amazing news - as I've always thought, MIKA never let us down - just trust his words ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

mikawebsite posted the album info with a pic which seems to be by the record label, but no idea where they have it from? :dunno:

I'm trying to understand it looking in the Barclay site (which has Universal label in a corner, so for those who said that maybe Universal dumped him, I suppose you were wrong) but I find nothing.

From here: http://www.mikawebsite.com/ you can read:

D’après le label Barclay, la maison de disque de Mika en France, le nouvel album sera disponible au mois de novembre 2014

From here: https://www.facebook.com/MikaWebsite you can read between the comments to the picture, the answer to someone who asked more about the news:

MikaWebsite[.Com!] Oui elle est officielle, c'est Universal Music qui me l'a communiquée.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Mikawebsite just wrote on FB that they got the information from the Universal Music,and it's official.

I shall continue to dance. :pbjt:

Quite good exercise. Maybe take off a few pounds.

Mikawebsite just wrote on FB that they got the information from the Universal Music,and it's official.

He is doing the live shows for X Factor in November, I can't see him releasing it then. Otherwise it will be like TOOL all over again. Zero promo, and bad sales.

He is doing the live shows for X Factor in November, I can't see him releasing it then. Otherwise it will be like TOOL all over again. Zero promo, and bad sales.

Maybe he'll do the promo after December 12,I guess that will be the day for the XF finale if it's the same schedule as last year :wink2:

Maybe he'll do the promo after December 12,I guess that will be the day for the XF finale if it's the same schedule as last year :wink2:

He may do a little, but it's right on top of Christmas then, it's a lot of promo to fit in before the holidays.

He may do a little, but it's right on top of Christmas then, it's a lot of promo to fit in before the holidays.

He spent about 2 days per week for XF,and another one (Thursdays) for the live show,he could do it on the rest of the week and during the weekends,but I'm just guessing,of course :blush-anim-cl:

Edit: just saw your post Mellody,you're right :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady

I don't get how people can think he is "pure" (and virgin as say Ingie)' date=' reading his lyrics, watching him on stage (the hips dance in Napoli JUST AFTER the "tu sei bellissimo" from the public :naughty:), it's obvious that he loves to play and sex is part of it :fisch:[/quote']

Projection projection projection. People remake Mika in their own image and ignore any evidence to the contrary. You should have seen the shock and horror when it came to light that he drinks. Some had this lovely fantasy that he just spent his Saturday nights watching TV with his mum or something. To be fair we didn't know much about Mika in those days but the idea that a good looking, wealthy and charismatic young gay guy who grew up in central London would never drink or have sex seemed ludicrous to me. It's not like he fell off a turnip truck travelling through the Bible Belt for heaven's sakes. :naughty:

To me the most offensive thing about the artwork is that it hasn't progressed at all from the style of a not-especially-talented teen and there has been no attempt to do anything remotely original (nor, I suspect, even relevant to the music).

I wouldn't be surprised if that strategically placed line is removed when it goes up on US iTunes.

Wasn't he going to do a naked vlog if WAG got into the top 3:shocked:

Or did I dream that:mf_rosetinted:

Ha yes I was thinking that.

i just hope this song has more to it than the message "i wanna f*** you". :fisch:

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume this is some kind of double entendre and not meant to refer only to sex. Either that or it is not as central to the theme of the song as it appears.

I am not even remotely impressed with this song (I can't even remember how it goes now and just keep thinking of the intro to EMD when I see the title), but I will reserve judgement until I hear it. Even if the song is crap it will still have more dimensions than anyone can ascertain from a 15 second snippet. I don't even know why they post them. Anyone who likes the snippet would have loved the song anyway and anyone who doesn't like it might write it off and never listen to it. Just post the whole thing or not. :dunno:

Good news about the album provided he clears his schedule of all irrelevant TV shows to promote it.

Swatch recycled....boum boum boum opening frm EMD recycled.... Mika is so earth friendly! :naughty::aah:

I don't immediately like the sample but it has potential so eager to hear the full song!:thumb_yello:

the beat is very catchy, but i can't tell from this snippet if i like it or not... i need to hear more!!!

from what i hear on my very old portable computer, the music is very loud compared to his voice

Yes don't even need Google translate for that. :naughty:

I have no opinion on a 15 second clip. They always give the wrong impression.

Sad that he doesn't seem to have had an original idea artworkwise in 5 years.

I totally agree with the 3 of you. Let's wait another 5 days to listen to the whole song

I wonder if I have to learn it cause the audience will sing it to him at XF audictions. :aah:

As Christine said, I can't quite remember it. But it's just a issue of mine, I'm pretty slow when it comes to music. Oh well, I assume he won't notice :facepalm:

I think we all agree on the meaning of "Quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum"...Am I right ???:naughty:

Well, seems clear to me who are the two naked men on the cover :naughty:

The thing is that I'm almost sure half of the people (even French) don't get that there is obviously sex in this sentence, especially the youngs. I read on Twitter a young French girl quite chocked of herself for thinking that Boum Boum Boum could maybe mean it :mf_rosetinted:

I don't get how people can think he is "pure" (and virgin as say Ingie), reading his lyrics, watching him on stage (the hips dance in Napoli JUST AFTER the "tu sei bellissimo" from the public :naughty:), it's obvious that he loves to play and sex is part of it :fisch:

But all this is always made in a very natural way, there is nothing chocking me, nothing "unrespectful".

And especially the drawing is "only" a naïve drawing, I think it was not at all a problem for Yasmine to draw a penis, even if it was supposed to be Mika's one :wink2:

Yes, and then there's the small detail that he has a relationship with his partner that lasts since eight years! :fisch::teehee:

Edited by charlie20

I think the idea of snippets is to make people curious and give en example of style, nothing more. It's only 14 seconds :dunno:

I agree - and imo, it's impossible to judge from these few seconds - so I won't say anything, till I've heard the whole song :wink2: Maybe we get another surprise the 11th - as we all know, MIKA can be very unpredictable - and probably he just wants to tease us by this snippet, and get our fantasy at work... :naughty:

Love,love

me