Talk about you - Lyrics & Song Discussion

As I posted in the thread about the twitter/facebook updates etc., I could buy it on the Dutch iTunes as well! I think that you can buy it as long as you don't live in the UK. Maybe people from other countries can confirm if you can buy it? I had to search for it, it didn't show up when I searched for 'Mika' but it was the first song that showed up when I searched for 'Talk About You'. :thumb_yello:

So glad to have a high quality version, it sounds really good! Nice and loud :naughty:

:thumb_yello: I agree - it's a supersong - hope it will soon top the charts!! :teehee: Even my husband loaded it from Spotify, to his phone, today! :fisch::naughty:

I'll send mails to the biggest radio stations in Norway, and ask for playtime - MIKA deserves to be A-listed for this hitsong!! :wub2::mikadas:

Love,love

me

Ooooh! This song is familiar from my childhood! It was very typical for that time to translate big Italian hits to Finnish :teehee: I guess I've heard it in Italy as well.

I need to show this to my husband. See? They were huge! He always mocks me for having loved them to bits when I was 6

#10 in France

#23 in Belgium

#54 in Netherlands

It seems to be doing much better than Celebrate! :cheer:

Well..let's be honest. Whether you like this song or not, it is miles better than Celebrate:naughty:.

But if it charted in NL and Belgium, he surely has to do a gig here soon:mf_rosetinted:.

Well..let's be honest. Whether you like this song or not, it is miles better than Celebrate:naughty:.

But if it charted in NL and Belgium, he surely has to do a gig here soon :mf_rosetinted:.

Agreed :mf_rosetinted:

I'm amazed it even charted though, I had to desperately search for it on iTunes in order to buy it!

Agreed :mf_rosetinted:

I'm amazed it even charted though, I had to desperately search for it on iTunes in order to buy it!

Well, he is quite popular here. At least all his gigs still sell out. And when he is on tv he is a trending topic usually. So I get it, it just needs to climb higher and the radio stations need to play it (I sent emails already:mf_rosetinted:)

Well, he is quite popular here. At least all his gigs still sell out. And when he is on tv he is a trending topic usually. So I get it, it just needs to climb higher and the radio stations need to play it (I sent emails already:mf_rosetinted:)

Okay, I just felt like most fans are casual fans that don't go searching for information but will buy his stuff and concert tickets when they stumble across it. But apparently they're a lot more interested than that, which is good! Can't wait to hear it on the radio here for the first time :thumb_yello:

]I'm definitely more positive about the upcoming album than i was for the last one.

[/b]

I love this song even though I find it a bit too repetitive to my taste. It gives me the feeling Mika is a bit "lazy" in his writting sometimes and i don't like it 'cause i know he's not (anyway' date=' TAY is FAR from Make you happy in terms of boring repetition :aah:).

[/b']

This said, it's a good catchy song and I like it. Moreover it's IN ENGLISH and I'm so happy about that! I'm definitely not a big fan of his collaboration with Doriand and I think french kind of reduce his voice, even though I'm happy he sometimes sings in my native language...

I loved listening to the new songs in Montreal, therefore I'm really curious about what they're going to sound like on the album (and I really hope not to hear that horrible bathroom sound from the origin of love anymore :teehee:).

I agree with you Nanou. Well said :thumb_yello:

Mixed feelings…

I don't know anything about pop music but this single shamelessly reminds me of an Italian song my parents used to listen when I was a child in the 1980’s: Sarà perché ti amo (Ricchi e poveri).

Well, interestingly, I was reading a music blog earlier today, which said that the writers of Talk About You were: Mika, Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace, Michael Edwin Hawker and Ivor Raymond.

And if you look up who wrote Sara' perche' ti amo, the writers credited are: Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace and Luis Gómez Escolar

So... I think Mika HAS borrowed from the old song, which was written in the '80s. Not like that has ever happened before. :dunno:

BTW, here's the blog: http://www.directlyrics.com/new-music-mika-talk-about-you-full-song-review-news.html

Well, interestingly, I was reading a music blog earlier today, which said that the writers of Talk About You were: Mika, Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace, Michael Edwin Hawker and Ivor Raymond.

And if you look up who wrote Sara' perche' ti amo, the writers credited are: Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace and Luis Gómez Escolar

So... I think Mika HAS borrowed from the old song, which was written in the '80s. Not like that has ever happened before. :dunno:

BTW, here's the blog: http://www.directlyrics.com/new-music-mika-talk-about-you-full-song-review-news.html

Thank you Deb for this column! I didn't know that the authors of this song were even Italian :shocked: Enzo Ghinazzi is Pupo (maybe you know the song "Gelato Al Cioccolato") and Daniele Pace is an important songwriter who wrote a lot of 70's italian hit. Now I understand why it has a sounds so familiar :teehee:

aw thank you Deb!

that explains, the reason why it reminds of this old Italian hit :D

Edited by mari62

Good to read such a positive blog-entry! Thanks for posting!

This is apocalypse. I just played Talk about You for my husband to compare it with Sarà perchè ti amo and suddenly I've heard it. They sounds alike here and there, but especially in one line they are exactly the same :shocked:

So I ran here to scream my disbelief and shout at you guys that pointed it out for me and I saw your post. Which of course made it worse for me.

Now I won't ever get rid of this thought!!!! :banghead:

the verses but especially around second 17 and 32 and so on, THAT melody and this one:

the verses but especially around second 30 and second 44 and so on

I should have been wary when I liked the verses at the very first listen during that snippet weeks ago, I never like almost any song at first.

I'm not skilled enough to merge them, but please someone do it :floor: (although I think it won't take long for italian radios or tv shows to notice it and do it)

My husband will mock me for centuries :aah:

Well, at least I have the same music taste that I used to have as I child. I'm consistent :shun:

Maybe this is why this single isn't available in Italy :biggrin2:

EDIT: This is getting awkward. I published Talk about you on my facebook asking random people to say what it sounds like, and they immediately got it :tears:

Edited by Elwendin

I'm glad the song is taking off in various countries. I just wish the UK was among them

I really love the new song but I doubt it will get any radio play here because most people seem to have forgotten about him. :/

Well it makes sense now. I couldn't recognize the Italian song without someone hinting, I'm not good at that and this is such an old song anyway, but that's probably the reason I liked "non-chorus parts" in TAY, it probably reminds me of my childhood! :teehee: That was a hit even here when I was a child and to be honest, I find the original Italian song actually quite cute and nostalgic compared to the embarrassing Finnish version (which is horrible, those translated versions are always horrible), so I'm not really shocked. TAY is a good mood song. Thanks for posting, Deb!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked::shocked::shocked:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I suppose this is why I like the verses so much.

That was my super favourite song as a child, but... I just can't think that Mika is the new Angelo Sotgiu

:floor::floor::floor:

(anyway, anyone can check it here:

)

Oh, even *i* know that song! :lmfao: lovely childhood memories from when i was in italy with my dad once a year, mostly in lignano sabbiadoro. I couldn't have made the connection, but now that i read it here, yes, it's definitely there. :teehee:

Oh, even *i* know that song! :lmfao: lovely childhood memories from when i was in italy with my dad once a year, mostly in lignano sabbiadoro. I couldn't have made the connection, but now that i read it here, yes, it's definitely there. :teehee:

We are all taking a walk down memory lane.

This is kind of cute.

Thanks for the information, Deb :thumb_yello:

I had totally forgotten about this song, but after I listened to it now I remembered that it was on a vinyl my grandma had and I liked it as a child :D (so you can say I'm consistent, too :naughty:)

For me it's loosely similar, but nothing very near.

That's just speculating now, but for me it looks a bit like with Relax, no actual copying but realizing afterwards that something similar exists already, so the authors were cited :dunno:

Edit: Seems like the people who were reminded of "I only want to be with you" weren't the only ones, the last names, Michael Edwin Hawker and Ivor Raymond, are the writers of this song ;)

Edited by DerMoment1608

'Talk about you' is cheap and cheerful. It is quite 'Mika' in part, but lacks the originality of his previous work. As for crediting the Italian song, the main similarity is the cheesy and very well-used chord progression.

It's difficult to understand the motive behind releasing a song clearly written to be catchy and sellable, yet doing virtually nothing to promote the single. I have no problem with him being less popular (in England at least), and it should be giving him more artistic freedom, without the pressure to produce something manufactured and simplistic. I don't hear this at all, and in part think this is because Mika is trying to become more mainstream again; but why release a song that will not appeal to fans that nobody else will actually hear?

Oh Mika! :mikasweat:

That's just speculating now, but for me it looks a bit like with Relax, no actual copying but realizing afterwards that something similar exists already, so the authors were cited :dunno:

Edit: Seems like the people who were reminded of "I only want to be with you" weren't the only ones, the last names, Michael Edwin Hawker and Ivor Raymond, are the writers of this song ;)

exactly, we all know that he like to change the songs and take inspiration!! but the people must be informed about these things! because for what i read on twitter an italian radio said today that Talk about you is similar to another song and for this they played only 10 seconds of the song! and the speaker also said he won't be in x factor 9.