Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

9 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I've been thinking and I realized that this "Random" thread and the "Oldlings" can also be used for sharing positive things and thoughts with each other, so I'm not sure if it is worth a whole new thread.

That's a good point. We could end up with too many threads that are all rather similar to one another 😅

I think this thread was originally meant for general random chat anyway, not just random words... I'm looking at you @Hero! :naughty:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

That's a good point. We could end up with too many threads that are all rather similar to one another 😅

I think this thread was originally meant for general random chat anyway, not just random words... I'm looking at you @Hero! :naughty:

This random chat thing was a good idea, I mostly post here and in the oldlings. It's rare that I comment on any other thread (but it happens sometimes).:D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Snarflabble... :tongue2:

I feel like this needs it's own definition!

Snarflabble

/snɑːf 'labble/ 

verb INFORMAL. MADE-UP

To consume something very quickly or greedily which then leads to a sudden state of overwhelming excitement and giddiness.

e.g "They snarflabbled up Mika's new music and become so overjoyed with excitement that nothing could distract them from it."

Maybe one day we should write a whole new dictionary of made up words! 😁

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I feel like this needs it's own definition!

Snarflabble

/snɑːf 'labble/ 

verb INFORMAL. MADE-UP

To consume something very quickly or greedily which then leads to a sudden state of overwhelming excitement and giddiness.

e.g "They snarflabbled up Mika's new music and become so overjoyed with excitement that nothing could distract them from it."

:clap:Well, that's certainly less offensive than what was in my head! :lmfao:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, silver said:

Well, we've already got a Mikanictionary so another dictionary shouldn't be too hard

Some of the words here are hilarious!

I particularly like Mikafingered, that is something I can relate to... Mikamikamikamika 😁

• Haha 1

Anyone else not know their neighbours by name but you do know the animals/pets names instead? Just me?

This has lead to me giving people in my neighbourhood rather unusual nicknames (which of course they are unaware of :teehee:), simply because I don't know their real names 😅

The nicknames are:

- Lady at 17

- Man in the White House

- The Sisters

- Bad Man

- Baseball Cap Man

- Chihuahua Man

- Beagle Lady

- Alpaca Man

- That Guy with The Westie 

- Raided house lady

- Liverpool Household

Realising now they sound like really lazy villain names from a low budget comic book 😅

• Haha 2

Anyone else not know their neighbours by name but you do know the animals/pets names instead? Just me?

Similar. With me it's more - I don't know the person who lives there, but they've a lovely dog/cat/parrot. :naughty:

- Bad Man

- Raided house lady

Impressed you know that but not the names! 

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Alpaca Man

He has one? Or he looks like one? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hero said:
47 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

- Bad Man

- Raided house lady

Impressed you know that but not the names! 

Bad Man is just that, he's bad with a bad attitude too. Good thing is I haven't seen him in a long time and I actually think he might have abandoned his house...

Raided house lady is a sweet old lady who moved into the very top house on the street a couple of weeks after a police raid. I just happened to be walking my dog when it happened too! 

She's probably got nothing to do with what happened but I can't help let my imagination wander and then wonder if she's a secret gangster granny! :naughty:

42 minutes ago, Hero said:
54 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Alpaca Man

He has one? Or he looks like one? 

Alpaca Man may well have moved, I haven't seen him for a while either. He was always cheery and would say hello, his house will be forever be known as the Alpaca House! As for where the name came from it was a Freudian slip by my Mum! I remember she said something like "I saw that nice man with the alpaca again today." And the name has stuck ever since!

(he had a tall skinny jack russel terrier! :lmfao:)

• Haha 2

Can I have a rant?

BUSES!!!!  :badword:  

Stagecoach are such a joke. They are incapable of running a network to schedule. Either so early you don't know they've been, or so late you think you must have missed it. That's if they turn up at all. So you stand in the cold dark mizzle hoping one comes, or get a different route and have an extra walk. 

Bunch of :clown:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

This has lead to me giving people in my neighbourhood rather unusual nicknames (which of course they are unaware of :teehee:), simply because I don't know their real names 😅

The nicknames are:

- Lady at 17

- Man in the White House

- The Sisters

- Bad Man

- Baseball Cap Man

- Chihuahua Man

- Beagle Lady

- Alpaca Man

- That Guy with The Westie 

- Raided house lady

- Liverpool Household

Realising now they sound like really lazy villain names from a low budget comic book 😅

Most people round here I know by their dogs (even more sadly I know the dogs' names but not the owners')  - Collie Lady, Angus's Mum, Poodle Man

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Can I have a rant?

BUSES!!!!  :badword:  

Stagecoach are such a joke. They are incapable of running a network to schedule. Either so early you don't know they've been, or so late you think you must have missed it. That's if they turn up at all. So you stand in the cold dark mizzle hoping one comes, or get a different route and have an extra walk. 

Bunch of :clown:

Bus services are just getting worse and worse.  We get 5 a day now, not 6, roughly one every three hours.  So if you go to either of the nearest towns, you only get 90 minutes before you have to travel back home.  Actually less than that, as you have to get to the stop early just to make sure you catch it.  And don't even get me started on trying to get to Exeter (nearest city) by public transport :hair:

• Sad 2

On 2/22/2023 at 9:34 PM, silver said:

Bus services are just getting worse and worse.  We get 5 a day now, not 6, roughly one every three hours.  So if you go to either of the nearest towns, you only get 90 minutes before you have to travel back home.  Actually less than that, as you have to get to the stop early just to make sure you catch it.  And don't even get me started on trying to get to Exeter (nearest city) by public transport :hair:

It really does suck. No wonder some rural communities feel isolated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

In other news, you'll be glad to hear I've bought some apples. 

Hey, I'm trying! :naughty:

Shame it's not tomatoes, I would trade you a potato for a tomato seeing as the supermarkets don't have any! :sneaky2:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I would not survive without tomatoes...how can they all be gone from the shops? :sad:

Most tomatoes in the UK are grown overseas. Poor weather adversely affecting growers in the main producing countries has hit supply, and thanks to a little thing called Brexit (:mad3:) the UK is no longer in a protected supply bubble, so shelves are empty. Which has come as a nasty shock to the jingoistic idiots. :biggrin2:

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Most tomatoes in the UK are grown overseas. Poor weather adversely affecting growers in the main producing countries has hit supply, and thanks to a little thing called Brexit (:mad3:) the UK is no longer in a protected supply bubble, so shelves are empty. Which has come as a nasty shock to the jingoistic idiots. :biggrin2:

Brexit was such a stupid thing :blowup:

• Like 2