Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

I've been looking for a Mother's day gift online and this came up as a recommended item...

_20230306_091526.thumb.JPG.bec6a9b8bc1e3b6640cc5bb2a7e76db8.JPG

Not quite what I'm looking for but I think I know a certain curly haired guy who might like this watch instead! :naughty:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Looking for dress ideas for the summer gigs. 

Too much? :floor:

Screenshot_20230306-221216_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.329d483705220f88d4908996f355c605.jpg

That's a dress?! :blink:

I'm fairly body confident but I don't think even I would wear that walking down the street, maybe just on the beach but with a swim suit or bikini underneath, otherwise it's a no from me! 

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

That's a dress?! :blink:

I'm fairly body confident but I don't think even I would wear that walking down the street, maybe just on the beach but with a swim suit or bikini underneath, otherwise it's a no from me! 

I think its meant for nightclubs or, erm, private parties... but yes! One strong gust of wind and everything's on display.

OK, I meant a strong breeze, but now I've a mental image of the model trotting down the high street with a bad case of wind. Toot, flap, toot, flap... :floor:

Ahem. Sorry. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, silver said:

Plus of course Shein is a dubious Chinese company and what you receive may not be what you expect

Yes, I've never shopped with them. This randomly appeared on a Google search - it doesn't quite fit the parameters I was looking for! :lol3:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hero said:

Looking for dress ideas for the summer gigs. 

Too much? :floor:

Screenshot_20230306-221216_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.329d483705220f88d4908996f355c605.jpg

It might work for Brava Madrid festival :thumb_yello: If I remember it's gonna be a sort of pride parade/party.

They will talk later about the dress code. But seeing artists already lined up it should work :lol3:

image.thumb.png.9fef2b115501ae45b03116246a59a36b.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It might work for Brava Madrid festival :thumb_yello: If I remember it's gonna be a sort of pride parade/party.

They will talk later about the dress code. But seeing artists already lined up it should work :lol3:

image.thumb.png.9fef2b115501ae45b03116246a59a36b.png

Even if that's an acceptable place for the dress, NO ONE is going to want to see me wobbling around in it! :lmfao:

• Haha 1

Ooh, shenanigans in Hull City centre. Big police presence, groups of people rubbernecking and catcalling, ambulance, entrance to station hotel closed, taxi rank closed and all the taxis moved 2 streets over.

Will be checking the news later.

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Ooh, shenanigans in Hull City centre. Big police presence, groups of people rubbernecking and catcalling, ambulance, entrance to station hotel closed, taxi rank closed and all the taxis moved 2 streets over.

Will be checking the news later.

Wasn't it a hotel fire?

1 hour ago, silver said:

Wasn't it a hotel fire?

Seems it was, although not much info yet. You couldn't tell from outside though. With all the police, the ambulance, and the different groups jostling around, I thought it was a footie bust up!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:25 PM, Hero said:

Was sat waiting at the bus stop to come home after work, scrolling the forum with my headphones in. About 8pm, dark, sat by myself although a couple of other people were stood waiting further along. A shabby guy shuffles up to me, stinking of alcohol, and looms over me until I take my headphones out. He starts in a fake whiny pathetic accent that I've heard all too often round here, usually by people trying to get money out of you, while slurring his words, "scuse me love, if I give you this pound (scrabbling in his dirty ripped jeans) will you ring a taxi for me?"

Bit taken aback, mind whirring as to what possible scams it might be, I said "err, no."

He looked at me and slurred "why not? I've offered to give you a quid". I was starting to get annoyed and didn't want the discussion about not trusting him/his money, so just said "because I don't want to".

There's nothing quite like the self righteous rage of an entitled man with a chip on his shoulder who thinks the world owes him a favour, when a woman refuses to do something he wants. It was quite funny how off base he was with his insults. 

- I'm what's wrong with this s**tty country. 

- I'm a rich racist white bitch. (..he was white...:doh:)

- I'm a fat ugly ginger cow (oh yaaawwn...)

- and being ginger is why I don't get any sex. :lmfao: 

I was sat laughing to myself at most of this, including how he'd suddenly lost the whiny tone in his voice . Realised I wasn't biting so moved onto:

- My mother was a fat ginger bitch too, well she must have been to have me...  (nope, she was a normal sized blonde, one of the nicest people you could hope to meet, and good job she raised me properly so I know not to respond to that blatant provocation...)

- I'm illiterate. (?? Cleverly deduced from a verbal discussion :lol3:)

- I'm an ugly illiterate selfish racist bitch with no hope because I'm from Hull. (No mate, I just work here... at an educational establishment as part of one of the biggest international communities in the area...)

- I'm typical of the lowlives that plague Hull. (Funny, I was just thinking the same about him...)

From there it degenerated into the usual F off, f you, and him shouting insults at me as he stomped down the street. Oh no, please, don't go.. I've so enjoyed our conversation, you've really brightened my day, so glad I met you. Do be careful crossing the street, I'd hate for that bus to run you over...  etc. 

So! How was your day? :doh:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about it. I'm so sorry that he insulted you like that. :hug:His insults are so nonsensical. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Binge watching The Flash again and in series 3 the character H.R often says this little rhyme:

"If a string is in a knot, patience will untie it.

Patience can do lots of things, have you ever tried it?"

I love this little poem as I think it can apply to all Mika fans! 😄

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Binge watching The Flash again and in series 3 the character H.R often says this little rhyme:

I re-watched the Flash last summer, it was good until about the 4th season maybe. The first three seasons were really great, especially Savitar. And later on in the musical episode, I liked the song "Running home to you". :-)

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I re-watched the Flash last summer, it was good until about the 4th season maybe. The first three seasons were really great, especially Savitar. And later on in the musical episode, I liked the song "Running home to you". :-)

When I watched it before I found series 4 slightly confusing and a little boring, who knows I might change my mind this time around! (or not... 😅)

I have Running Home to You on my phone but have to be in the right mood to listen to it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

When I watched it before I found series 4 slightly confusing and a little boring, who knows I might change my mind this time around! (or not... 😅)

I have Running Home to You on my phone but have to be in the right mood to listen to it. 

I don't remember exactly what happened in series 4, I just noted to myself, that from that I didn't like it that much than before. I think Grant Gustin is the best Flash. :-)

I'm always in the right mood for Running home to you. :D:D It's a beautiful song. :-)

What other series (TV Show) do you like? 

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer

1 hour ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

What other series (TV Show) do you like? 

Even though it's finished now my absolute favourite TV show is His Dark Materials. I have so much love for the cast, production team and writers, it was adapted beautifully! There's rumour that Philip Pullman's 'Book of Dust' will get adapted in the future, I certainly hope so!

I don't watch a great deal of TV shows actually on TV, I tend to go through box sets every so often instead. I've yet to delve into Marvel (apart from SHIELD, which went down hill very fast 🙃). I'm going through the DC Universe of stuff first. Arrow is my favourite so far and after The Flash I'll go onto Supergirl.

I'm a total geek so anything either fantasy or sci-fi is right up my street!

33 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Even though it's finished now my absolute favourite TV show is His Dark Materials. I have so much love for the cast, production team and writers, it was adapted beautifully! There's rumour that Philip Pullman's 'Book of Dust' will get adapted in the future, I certainly hope so!

I don't watch a great deal of TV shows actually on TV, I tend to go through box sets every so often instead. I've yet to delve into Marvel (apart from SHIELD, which went down hill very fast 🙃). I'm going through the DC Universe of stuff first. Arrow is my favourite so far and after The Flash I'll go onto Supergirl.

I'm a total geek so anything either fantasy or sci-fi is right up my street!

I watched His Dark Materials, not my favourite to be honest, but it's very well made and coincidentally I will refer to it when I will start looking for a literary agent for my fantasy novel because there are similarities between the two (mostly that there are many worlds in them). Literary agents want authors to point out a few other novels which have similarities to yours, so they can place it in their minds.

I liked Agents of Shield if you were talking about that (I know there is another show called Shields but I don't know what it is about, I didn't watch that). My favourite shows are mostly sci-fi: Battlestar Galactica is my ultimate favourite, I don't think that has ever been or ever will be another so perfect and beautifully written and acted television show like BSG. But I like Dark Matter, Humans, Misfits, Stargate: Atlantis, Sherlock (BBC, written by: Steven Moffat), Doctor Who (episodes and seasons written by: Moffat), "You, Me and the Apocalypse" and  other non sci-fi shows like The Good Wife, Brooklyn 99 etc.

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Like 1

I loved His Dark Materials too, though I can't help feeling it sort of fizzled out after the drama of the fight with the angels. ( I don't know if the ending is handled better in the books as I've never read them).

I liked the whole of the Stargate series and the spin-offs, but never really got into BSG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I liked Agents of Shield if you were talking about that

Yes, Agents of Shield is what I meant, for me around series 3 just got really boring. Mum has promised a Disney+ subscription so I probably will go back and watch it to the end this time!

(and there is an unspoken agreement amongst Marvel fans that we DON'T talk about Inhumans 🙃)

Disney+ also means The Mandalorian so I'm looking forward to that! 😁

All of BSG is on BBC Iplayer, and my Mum has watched it before but I haven't. Once I have more free time I'd love to watch it all too!

I also love dark fantasy, I watched The Originals a while ago and I'm watching The Vampire Diaries now (yes I know I got the order wrong 😅). The Vampire Diaries isn't as dark as The Originals but I'm enjoying it. Would love to watch Hannibal but I don't think my Mum will sit and watch that with me.

I'd love to know any other horror shows that people can recommend!

18 minutes ago, silver said:

I loved His Dark Materials too, though I can't help feeling it sort of fizzled out after the drama of the fight with the angels. ( I don't know if the ending is handled better in the books as I've never read them).

I liked the whole of the Stargate series and the spin-offs, but never really got into BSG.

When I first watched BSG, I started with the miniseries (which is the 0. episode of the first season), and I didn't like it either. But then a few years later I watched the first episode of the first season (title: "33") and instantly got hooked. That episode is one of the best of BSG. The Cylons are attacking the people every 33 minutes. They haven't slept for a week and the pilots are on pills to stay awake. Very well made. :-)

25 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yes, Agents of Shield is what I meant, for me around series 3 just got really boring. Mum has promised a Disney+ subscription so I probably will go back and watch it to the end this time!

(and there is an unspoken agreement amongst Marvel fans that we DON'T talk about Inhumans 🙃)

Disney+ also means The Mandalorian so I'm looking forward to that! 😁

All of BSG is on BBC Iplayer, and my Mum has watched it before but I haven't. Once I have more free time I'd love to watch it all too!

I also love dark fantasy, I watched The Originals a while ago and I'm watching The Vampire Diaries now (yes I know I got the order wrong 😅). The Vampire Diaries isn't as dark as The Originals but I'm enjoying it. Would love to watch Hannibal but I don't think my Mum will sit and watch that with me.

I'd love to know any other horror shows that people can recommend!

I don't remember when I got bored with Agents of Shield, but even later on they had episodes I enjoyed (like the ones with the androids and stuff. I had a thing for androids and time travel or dimension travel  ).

I watched the first season of the Mandalorian, and I didn't get hooked but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan either (and no, that's not sci-fi despite what most people think  :D ).  I tried time and time again but it was not for me somehow.

BSG has a sublime tone to it, and very deep and most of the time depressing but it is like a dark poem, it's beautiful. (It is actually an Exodus story.) I hope you'll like it.

I really liked the Originals too, and the Vampire Diaries, but yes, TVD is not dark at all (especially from the early seasons), but it was fast-paced, I enjoyed it.

I don't really watch horror shows, but if the Originals count as one, then you should watch The Boys too. It is a superhero show but very violent so brace yourself. :-)

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Like 1