Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

14 hours ago, Hero said:

It's official, Christmas is over.The shops are selling these already. 

20230103_223818.thumb.jpg.7ac262e4cb12bf5b4c0fd50f030487ad.jpg

Happy Easter! :naughty:

At the shop yesterday, grabbed some marked down Christmas cookies (70p!)  and right next to them on the shelf was all the easter stuff! It's 3 months until Easter surely the Valentines chocolates should be out first!? 😆

• Haha 1

This is random and I kid you not, these are genuine listings! :facepalm:

Ebay Listing 1

20230104_164209.thumb.png.5d6c833d40fedc90499726a6d9d429d4.png

Ebay Listing 2

20230104_164158.thumb.png.9178e50c5540c8f674dd3bb366aad68a.png

And the price! The price alone gave me a good laugh!

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
Added images of ridiculous Ebay listing incase the links ever expire
  • Haha 3

Edited my last post with pictures just in case the links ever expire because I think everyone should see how ridiculous some people can be when they want to try and make a quick buck! 😅

*looks around house to find weird shaped food... :lmfao:*

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

This is random and I kid you not, these are genuine listings! :facepalm:

Ebay Listing 1

20230104_164209.thumb.png.5d6c833d40fedc90499726a6d9d429d4.png

Ebay Listing 2

20230104_164158.thumb.png.9178e50c5540c8f674dd3bb366aad68a.png

And the price! The price alone gave me a good laugh!

I got a search result for an eBay listing the other day in Google recommendations. 

A (single) Thornton vanilla truffle chocolate. Condition: used. Price: £80. :lmfao:

Is this a new trend? Someone's having fun. :lol3:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

A (single) Thornton vanilla truffle chocolate. Condition: used. Price: £80. :lmfao:

Used? Eeew, does that mean someone's had a nibble or licked it? 😖

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I'm glad I only dreamed this night that I lost 3 teeth. :facepalm:

I hate dreaming about teeth problems, when I wake up I always have to check my mouth! 😆

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I hate dreaming about teeth problems, when I wake up I always have to check my mouth! 😆

Strangely, I was not even really concerned in my dream. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

Can anyone else relate to this? Just noticed that I have a big problem with my way to enunciate the word domani. For me it's DO-MAAAA-NIIIIIIII :roftl: I have to stop and think before saying it correctly. :facepalm:

No me! 😅

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hero said:

Question - how do you all keep track of your mobile phone? I'm fed up of thinking I've lost mine, only to find it hiding in the bottom of my bag. 

Call it from another phone?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, silver said:

Call it from another phone?

When I have lost it, yes. Been there. Although that didn't help at Lyon airport. Thank god for eagle-eyed roadies. :facepalm:

No, what I mean is, do you use a clip or something to keep it attached to you, or do you have a dedicated pocket that it always goes into when not in use? Or do you just have it permanently welded to your hand? :naughty: I'm fed up of panicking thinking I've lost it while I'm out and about, only to find it's slipped down underneath my shopping. Just wondering how everyone else manages their errant tech! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Hero said:

When I have lost it, yes. Been there. Although that didn't help at Lyon airport. Thank god for eagle-eyed roadies. :facepalm:

No, what I mean is, do you use a clip or something to keep it attached to you, or do you have a dedicated pocket that it always goes into when not in use? Or do you just have it permanently welded to your hand? :naughty: I'm fed up of panicking thinking I've lost it while I'm out and about, only to find it's slipped down underneath my shopping. Just wondering how everyone else manages their errant tech! 

Dedicated pocket all the way!

I usually carry a backpack with a separate, small pocket in the front where all the little items go like keys, purse, phone. If I use it a lot while I'm out, it's in the pocket of my jeans or jacket (I still have a phone that's small enough for that) :D

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Hero said:

No, what I mean is, do you use a clip or something to keep it attached to you, or do you have a dedicated pocket that it always goes into when not in use?

Mostly next to me somewhere, table and the like. Or else in my jacket pocket or in my trousers or in my bag.

11 hours ago, Hero said:

Or do you just have it permanently welded to your hand? :naughty:

Kind of! :lol3:I almost always have it with me and if I don't, for example, take it to the kitchen and go there for 10 seconds, someone is sure to call me. And I get few phone calls. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

How you get off those hidden content boxes away, when you might accidentally clicked that, not the emojies? Re-freshing the page didn't help.

Almost everything can be removed from a post when you edit it (I don't know for sure about hidden boxes because I have never clicked on them) If you can't edit that you might want to copy your post, delete it then open a new post and copy your text in it 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

I put By the time as my wake up alarm. First time in my life I've woke up laughing and I don't have to complain by myself about waking up. :bed:

If you click on the ...  icon in the top right of your post, you can choose the option to edit your post.  Then you can delete what you don't want (but I've done it for you).

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Hero said:

I try to put my phone always in the same places  when I'm home. Otherwise I have two bags a bigger for things I might need and a small one for my phone with a pocket for it and one for my keys, my credit card, my ID and my passport.

That being said as it's often in my hand I do tend to lose it (and it is often on silent mode)

When I'm alone at home sometimes I play Mika songs on it so I enjoy them and I can always  find my phone (especially when doing house chores)

Another option is to set the alarm to ring at certain hours. That way you know you will find your phone even if you have to wait until the time you had set.

There used to be a very convenient and free ap that made it ring and flash even on silent mode if you sent your phone a message with words you had chosen (you needed someone to send you that message but it worked very well) It was called find my mobile I think. It doesn't exist anymote but there might be others.

There are different types of thingies you can stick to your phone that will make make nòise if you whistle around it and others that use bluetooth to help you locate your phone (but bluetooth has to be on it all the time) and it is not very precise.

If you are not afraid of big brother I think google can locate and even make your phone ring for you but that implies to leave the location on your phone, to allow google to track you and use a pc or another phone to ask google to do it for you.

The ultimate solution is to have two phones so you always have a back up in case you lose or totally break one. 

Can you tell I lost my phone many times? :naughty:

• Like 3

Can someone who is a native English speaker help me? I'm in the process of translating my fantasy novel into English. I have a character who is a cloud-like being (he can also fly). I want a cute name for him. The three options are: Fluffie (because HP already used Fluffy), Floaty (but I don't like it because with the letter "t" it doesn't sound cute, at least not for my Hungarian ear), or Plushie. Which one sounds better and cuter for English-speaking readers? (In Hungarian his name is simply Felhő which means Cloud, but the English version doesn't sound that beautiful.) I hope it's okay to ask it here. 

3 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Can someone who is a native English speaker help me? I'm in the process of translating my fantasy novel into English. I have a character who is a cloud-like being (he can also fly). I want a cute name for him. The three options are: Fluffie (because HP already used Fluffy), Floaty (but I don't like it because with the letter "t" it doesn't sound cute, at least not for my Hungarian ear), or Plushie. Which one sounds better and cuter for English-speaking readers? (In Hungarian his name is simply Felhő which means Cloud, but the English version doesn't sound that beautiful.) I hope it's okay to ask it here. 

In English Plushie has another meaning (people who like to dress up as animals), so I would avoid using that.    I agree Floaty sounds too hard. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, silver said:

In English Plushie has another meaning (people who like to dress up as animals), so I would avoid using that.    I agree Floaty sounds too hard. 

Oh, I didn't know that about Plushie. :D Then Fluffie it is (at least until I come up with a better one). Thank you so much, Silver! :hug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

In English Plushie has another meaning (people who like to dress up as animals),

Oh really? I'd only heard them referred to as furries. You learn something new every day. (Although I question the use of that knowledge...:naughty:)

4 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I like Felhő. Why not use that? In my head it sounds like fellow, a friendly companion. Wispy? Or a name related to his character rather than his shape/form... like Happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh really? I'd only heard them referred to as furries. You learn something new every day. (Although I question the use of that knowledge...:naughty:)

I like Felhő. Why not use that? In my head it sounds like fellow, a friendly companion. Wispy? Or a name related to his character rather than his shape/form... like Happy. 

I like Felhő too, but I'm afraid that English-speaking readers won't like it, or won't know how to pronounce it.  The name can't be character related yet, because another character names him when they meet, so we don't know a lot about his character until later (they don't usually have a name, but my main character gives him one). Wispy is not bad, I'll think about it. It sounds cute... :D 

• Like 2