Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

Finally started my Stasera Casa Mika Marathon with my Mum at the weekend! And it really is going to be a marathon because we only had time to watch the first 2 episodes! So at that rate (and only watching on the weekends) we won't be done until 23/04! :aah:

Means I can stretch out my Mum's reaction to it over time. So far she likes it! Reading the subtitles while concentrating on Mika took some getting used to for her, but for some of the guests that talk too fast I don't think my Mum bothers reading them.

Also Mum thought Mika's dogs might have been stunt doubles, because Mika's dogs are special celebrity dogs that might not want to appear on TV! 😅

Watching the first episode also makes me appreciate more why Mika agreed to do The Piano. Meeting musicians who think they're being filmed for a documentary? Check! Giving them a chance to perform on his show, no competition? Check! Perform Grace Kelly and explain the whole 'one note' thing? Check! 😁

It's so similar!

And now I look forward to my weekends!

(because I usually hate weekends 🙃)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Finally started my Stasera Casa Mika Marathon with my Mum at the weekend! And it really is going to be a marathon

That sounds like a perfect weekend! How are you gonna watch it? I haven't found complete episodes with subtitles yet. 

27 minutes ago, Bren said:

That sounds like a perfect weekend! How are you gonna watch it? I haven't found complete episodes with subtitles yet. 

MFC has all the episodes with English subtitles (and other languages too I think), follow this link, scroll down to 2016 for series 1 and 2017 for series 2:

The password for them is Underwater.

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32471-the-mfc-subtitling-teams-subtitled-videos/#comment-4047573

I'm pairing my smart phone to a chrome cast device so me and my Mum can watch on TV! 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

A month since this post and I've actually been wondering where Tiny Tim has got to only for him to appear yesterday on the wooden beams in my room! 

Not surprised he's jumpy either, I've managed to identify him as a zebra jumping spider! (A cute stripy boy!)

They're a common garden spider found in North America and Europe, and they only grow up to 1cm! 🕷 

Just over 7 months since my last post here about spider Tiny Tim and I finally saw him again today!

(I always assume it's the same spider even if it might not be 😅)

I can now confirm that he his definitely male! Male jumping spiders tend to be darker along the back whereas females are lighter all over. 

Glad to see he's still around. He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. But I'd prefer it if he stayed away from my clothes! :sneaky2:

Might have to start charging him rent if he stays any longer... :lol3:

Now finished watching series 1 of Casa Mika with my Mum!

Mum wasn't too keen on ep.3, a little bit too rude...

(Oh boy... just wait 'till series 2 :teehee:)

Ep.4 was her favourite mainly because of Kylie, and most of the other songs were in English too.

We both agree that we would love to get in a car with Mika, just as long as he's not driving!!!

Had to laugh at the flat tire scene though, especially when Mika said "I can hear the pshhhh of the tire." 😂

Well to paraphrase Mika, if you ain't got the pshhhh.... you ain't gonna drive very far! :naughty:

• Like 1

My trip to Chester in a nutshell:

It rained. A LOT.

My hotel room was barely big enough for a hobbit, and I'm 5"7 🙃

Saw so many good dogs!

Camels were also seen... 👀  🐫 🐫 🐫 

I enjoyed my time there 😊

Return journey in two words:

Blood + Panic 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I read the book "Cinder" by Marissa Meyer which made me remember Sailor Moon a bit. So I started to watch videos about Sailor Moon on youtube, and one of them had familiar music. At first, I just thought I knew this song but I don't know how, but when the lyrics came "Stardust in your eyes", I slapped my face. To understand my confusion, it was not Mika singing but a woman. :lol3:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

which made me remember Sailor Moon a bit. So I started to watch videos about Sailor Moon on youtube,

Loved Sailor Moon as a child! Haven't watched it in full for years though. Sailor Mercury was my favourite character!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Loved Sailor Moon as a child! Haven't watched it in full for years though. Sailor Mercury was my favourite character!

My favorite was Sailor Moon because I liked her hair. :-) But Mercury was cute too. I remember many people liked Sailor Venus more than the others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

How about this for random?

Tomorrow is Second Breakfast Saturday!

🥣 + 🍳 = :licks_lips:

I'm lucky if I even get First Breakfast Saturday

On 4/9/2023 at 6:55 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mum wasn't too keen on ep.3, a little bit too rude...

(Oh boy... just wait 'till series 2 :teehee:)

😆 Remind me what is in episode 3? Is that the one with Elio?

On 4/14/2023 at 7:22 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Return journey in two words:

Blood + Panic 

Why, what happened? :nervous:

5 hours ago, Hero said:

😆 Remind me what is in episode 3? Is that the one with Elio?

Yep! :naughty:

5 hours ago, Hero said:

Why, what happened? :nervous:

It would be more exciting if I said "bitten by a camel" wouldn't it? But alas no....

We came really close to missing our train (hence the panic), when rushing over the bridge at Leeds station my right hand was throbbing but I ignored it. Eventually got on the train and then  looked down at my hand. There was blood. Quite a fair amount of blood too. Turns out the gift bag I'd been clutching quite tightly had rubbed against an already healed gash on my middle finger.

Ever the nurse, my Mum quickly gave me tissues to stop the bleeding, somehow found us seats on the very sardine packed train and 2 plasters seemed to appear from nowhere and were wrapped around my finger in no time!

In the gift bag was an LP I'd bought for my Mum. When we got home I realised there was blood on the outer sleeve but luckily not on the vinyl itself! (it wiped off easily enough thank goodness!).

• Like 1

Howling. Last night I fell asleep on the sofa after making myself a sandwich. While asleep, I dreamt that I was frantically trying to open a bag, finally resorting to tearing through it with my fingers. It was one of those half awake dreams, quite visceral. Jerking awake, I could still feel the bag on my fingers. Looking down, I saw that I'd actually torn a big hole in the plastic wrapper on the loaf of bread, my fingers were still curled inside it! 😲

If only I could train my fingers to knit and sew during my sleep. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Howling. Last night I fell asleep on the sofa after making myself a sandwich. While asleep, I dreamt that I was frantically trying to open a bag, finally resorting to tearing through it with my fingers. It was one of those half awake dreams, quite visceral. Jerking awake, I could still feel the bag on my fingers. Looking down, I saw that I'd actually torn a big hole in the plastic wrapper on the loaf of bread, my fingers were still curled inside it! 😲

If only I could train my fingers to knit and sew during my sleep. 🤣

I'm more interested in why you go to sleep clutching a loaf of bread :mf_rosetinted:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Hero said:

:badmood:

My workplace is putting us through a highly convoluted and completely unnecessary restructure. Sorry, a "service redesign". 

Start calling yourself the Team Leader, offer to help your manager/boss with this redesign and then see if it gets you a promotion! 

23 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Start calling yourself the Team Leader, offer to help your manager/boss with this redesign and then see if it gets you a promotion! 

:floor:

Wow, yeah this place really doesn't operate like that.. Besides, it's not at a local level - it's the entire oorganisation. And it's s**t. Just had a meeting about it, all smoke and mirrors, no definite answers. Everyone's depressed, no one trusts what the senior team are doing or the reasons they're claiming its needed. Its just a switch about because the new VC wants to emulate his previous institution, and the workshops were to find reasons to support it. Never mind the massive upheaval and disaffected staff. They're aholes. 

On 5/4/2023 at 1:41 PM, Hero said:

They're aholes. 

This reminds me of something I saw on TV that came from a child.

(it was something to do with a sports team).

"There's no I in TEAM. But there is a hole in the A. Don't be a A-hole!" 

Out of the mouths of babes! 

9 hours ago, Hero said:

Well, my bank holiday weekend was spent dealing with really big spiders and unexpected ants. In the living room. Ugh. 

Hope yours went better!

There's a medium-ish sized spider living under my coffee table in the living room, I've named them Gerri! 🕷 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a little moth yesterday that was in the kitchen and let it out the door.

Not really sure how to feel about that because I don't usually like moths, in the past I've freaked out even when a tiny one has just been in the same room as me.

Now I've carried one on my hand to give it a lift out the door?! :blink:

And at the start of the week I didn't even mind when a small spider walked over my hand...

(and it looked like an orb weaver too!)

Maybe I'm just becoming more fearless? 🤔

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Not really sure how to feel about that because I don't usually like moths, in the past I've freaked out even when a tiny one has just been in the same room as me.

I usually freak out about moths too, but mostly because I am scared their larvae will eat my clothes...