Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

When I worked for a Civil Service computer section, we used to invent all sorts of stupid names for new computer systems.  We'd come up with contrived names that would inevitably be referred to by their initials.    And people never seemed to realise. 

• Haha 2

The swedish word for car (bil) means ass in dutch. So as a dutch person living in Sweden ass jokes are everywhere: Shops where you can buy ass, ass repairing, ass testing, paint your ass. But the one that really made me laugh out loud was a mechanic being interviewed for a newspaper. There was a nice photo and the headline said THE ASS DOCTOR

• Haha 6

Here's something random - not sure where else to put it, but I wanted to share.

I was watching a TV show last night called "Fleishman is in Trouble" and at the end of the episode, the background music was someone singing "Dancing on My Own". After a few seconds, I thought, "Hey, that sort of sounds like Calum Scott!" (He sang that song when he opened for Mika at Bristol Sounds back in June.) So I checked the credits and yep, it was Calum Scott. So funny, since I had never heard of him before Mika announced him as the opening act.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I was watching a TV show last night called "Fleishman is in Trouble" and at the end of the episode, the background music was someone singing "Dancing on My Own". After a few seconds, I thought, "Hey, that sort of sounds like Calum Scott!" (He sang that song when he opened for Mika at Bristol Sounds back in June.) So I checked the credits and yep, it was Calum Scott. So funny, since I had never heard of him before Mika announced him as the opening act.

I had never heard of him either, but I knew some of the songs he played in Bristol - some just because they were covers, but there also were 1 or 2 of his own songs I knew when I heard them.

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I live in Italy. The only reason I recognized Calum Scott's name is because a few years ago I used to watch a lot of videos of Britain's Got Talent auditions on the Internet.

10 hours ago, SusanT said:

I live in Italy. The only reason I recognized Calum Scott's name is because a few years ago I used to watch a lot of videos of Britain's Got Talent auditions on the Internet.

Strangely, that's the only reason I knew him too. And I'm in the UK. :lmfao:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just noticed this 'courses' option now when I log in, has it always been there? And if there is going to be a 'Mika 101' course, when does it start? 😁

20230831_222806.thumb.jpg.394836ce31182308b42465fd5482fe0b.jpg

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've only just noticed this 'courses' option now when I log in, has it always been there? And if there is going to be a 'Mika 101' course, when does it start? 😁

Well it's a nice thought, but I guess it's something added by the software provider in the last update which we hadn't noticed :naughty:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

:lol3: I can remove it, but you have to wait a bit for that, it's almost midnight here... :excite:

• Haha 1

I am so glad to find this topic, because something just happened and I have to share it. Not a Mika thing, entirely.

So my Hunny and I always have psychic experiences. Actually I started in college….silly stuff, usually thinking of or saying something about something uncommon and right at that minute the thing appears on tv or someone says the whole exact phrase, not just word; or we are talking about something or someone really, really obscure, that soon appears in media or in the headlines. Like my first one was in -ahem— 1968 when I thought of the theme song from the General Electric display at the 1964 World's Fair, it's a Small World, (sorry, everyone, but, you know, I did say obscure!)—-and turned on the radio (we had these things called radios in those days :facepalm:) and….there was that song, which was not commercial and not rock music, on the exact line I thought of. Generally stuff like that, which often just can seem like a coincidence to anyone who does not share our lives, but they can be so out of left field that they seem huge, and they happen so often, that they become constant and significant. Mika stuff has started appearing now, so somehow he is in the wavelength: as in my intro, and I think a dm, a line from his song came on exactly when it applied or when I was talking about it.

OK, pardon the long intro, but I needed to set the scene.

So, yesterday, she and I were talking about a gold heart bracelet she gave me years ago (I know, awww) and how it broke, and she got me a new one recently, and I said we should get the other one fixed for her. But I forgot, I said, you don't like hearts (I must take a time out to tell you! —in the background I have the Mika youtube loop on. And right now he just sang the line, “that's how hearts get hurt.” Like that!)….and.   she replied, no, I am ok with gold hearts, I just don't like hearts in sparkly things. Oh, I said, like diamonds.

So she just got home. I have to show you something, she said. I saw it sparkling at me and picked it up.

Yes. YES!!!! It was a very very small, perfect, heart shaped diamond.  

I swear. I swear!!

I had to tell you.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

I am so glad to find this topic, because something just happened and I have to share it. Not a Mika thing, entirely.

So my Hunny and I always have psychic experiences. Actually I started in college….silly stuff, usually thinking of or saying something about something uncommon and right at that minute the thing appears on tv or someone says the whole exact phrase, not just word; or we are talking about something or someone really, really obscure, that soon appears in media or in the headlines. Like my first one was in -ahem— 1968 when I thought of the theme song from the General Electric display at the 1964 World's Fair, it's a Small World, (sorry, everyone, but, you know, I did say obscure!)—-and turned on the radio (we had these things called radios in those days :facepalm:) and….there was that song, which was not commercial and not rock music, on the exact line I thought of. Generally stuff like that, which often just can seem like a coincidence to anyone who does not share our lives, but they can be so out of left field that they seem huge, and they happen so often, that they become constant and significant. Mika stuff has started appearing now, so somehow he is in the wavelength: as in my intro, and I think a dm, a line from his song came on exactly when it applied or when I was talking about it.

OK, pardon the long intro, but I needed to set the scene.

So, yesterday, she and I were talking about a gold heart bracelet she gave me years ago (I know, awww) and how it broke, and she got me a new one recently, and I said we should get the other one fixed for her. But I forgot, I said, you don't like hearts (I must take a time out to tell you! —in the background I have the Mika youtube loop on. And right now he just sang the line, “that's how hearts get hurt.” Like that!)….and.   she replied, no, I am ok with gold hearts, I just don't like hearts in sparkly things. Oh, I said, like diamonds.

So she just got home. I have to show you something, she said. I saw it sparkling at me and picked it up.

Yes. YES!!!! It was a very very small, perfect, heart shaped diamond.  

I swear. I swear!!

I had to tell you.

Synchronicity.

I was really looking forward to receiving a pre-ordered book tomorrow (11th) but I kept wondering why I hadn't had a dispatch email yet. I double checked the website and I've only just realised they use the US format for dates which means I'm not getting my book until 9th November! :annoyed_h4h:

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was really looking forward to receiving a pre-ordered book tomorrow (11th) but I kept wondering why I hadn't had a dispatch email yet. I double checked the website and I've only just realised they use the US format for dates which means I'm not getting my book until 9th November! :annoyed_h4h:

It'll just be all the sweeter when it arrives. :thumb_yello:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hero said:

It'll just be all the sweeter when it arrives. :thumb_yello:

Definitely! Good thing I'm a patient person! :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, silver said:

Why does the US have this odd date format?  Is there any other country that uses it?

Not too many other countries. I know Canada, South Africa and The Philippines do but even then I think it's becoming less common.

1 hour ago, silver said:

Why does the US have this odd date format?  Is there any other country that uses it?

Apparently, it's our fault.. :damn:We used to use it, American colonialists liked and kept it while the UK moved to the European format. 

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:01 PM, QueenBigFat said:

So my Hunny and I always have psychic experiences.

This is one of those moments again where in my head I had replied to your post but I just hadn't done anything physically, brain is taking holiday mode to a whole other level...

ANYWAY, I've certainly had my fair share of psychic experiences too! Quite often I'll be thinking something and my Mum will suddenly bring that topic up in conversation, either that or we both start to say the exact same thing at the exact same time!

I've had experiences with friends too and with people I only know online! 

I personally believe it's more than just synchronicity. I've had moments where I've been completely alone, deep in thought and soon after I've either seen, heard or experienced whatever I was thinking about!

And I also believe that Mika fans are always in sync! 😁

• Like 2

Walking home after work last night, a car passed me playing music, and it immediately made me think of Mika. I couldn't think why, because it wasn't a Mika song, and it didn't sound like a Mika song. So why did it make me think of Mika?

Then I realised. It was one of the songs he plays at the start of his gigs while we're all waiting for him. No wonder I suddenly felt excited! :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think I'll just share a rather embarrassing conversation I had with my Mum tonight. Embarrassing yes, but I can't stop laughing about it 😅

Me: I wouldn't have thought Durex would have done a Christmas advert this year, you know, the one with the bunny?

Mum: 😳😳😳 What exactly have you been watching?

Me: The TV ad, with the fast fluffy bunny...

Mum: *takes a minute to think about this* Do you mean Duracell?

Me: *realises mistake* 🙈 YES! I definitely meant Duracell!

:facepalm:

Why did my brain have to mix those two companies up?! WHY?

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about bunnies and batteries but I think I've said enough for now...

I'll see myself out... 😂

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Me: I wouldn't have thought Durex would have done a Christmas advert this year, you know, the one with the bunny?

🤣🤣🤣 No need to ask what you're hoping for in your stocking from Santa this year. 🤭

• Haha 2