Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

7 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know right? I like both ingredients but I'm not too sure about having them together :no:

This is what one looks like, but hard to say what it tastes like just from a picture!

Sweet-Potato-Casserole-SQUARE-2.thumb.jpg.624a2baca8237e9dd491aaa02cae768a.jpg

Now if that was a Queen's Pud, I'd be emptying the dish. But it's a vegetable. I can't.  I mean, what's next? Corn on the cob served with a sweet raspberry drizzle?? :no:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, silver said:

I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches - but Elvis added things like bacon and maple syrup 

There is not one food consumed on this planet that bacon will not enhance. Go ahead, prove me wrong. I dare ya.:wait:

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Every year in the US, Time Magazine selects the “sexiest man alive.”

Needless to say, this year they got it wrong. Again.:D

People Magazine, not Time -- I think Time still at least TRIES to be a news magazine most of the time. :wink2:

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know right? I like both ingredients but I'm not too sure about having them together :no:

This is what one looks like, but hard to say what it tastes like just from a picture!

Sweet-Potato-Casserole-SQUARE-2.thumb.jpg.624a2baca8237e9dd491aaa02cae768a.jpg

:puking:

No thanks. With Thanksgiving coming up, lots of people are starting to talk about favorite recipes and this always comes up -- sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I can't even.

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

There is not one food consumed on this planet that bacon will not enhance. Go ahead, prove me wrong. I dare ya.:wait:

I can't prove you wrong, but I totally disagree - I know I'm in the minority, but I can take or leave bacon. Like if I have 1 strip a year, I'm fine. If I don't, OK.

But there are those in my family who would agree with you, for sure. My SIL makes something called "Bacon Explosion" which is like one of those Russian nested dolls, with bacon inside of something made of bacon inside of something else made of bacon inside of... you get the idea.

Here's a recipe for it, but I think my SIL embellished hers (she's a caterer/chef):

https://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-explosion-353308

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

People Magazine, not Time -- I think Time still at least TRIES to be a news magazine most of the time.

OMG you’re right of course. Time is “person of the year”. 

14 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

"Bacon Explosion" which is like one of those Russian nested dolls, with bacon inside of something made of bacon inside of something else made of bacon inside of... you get the idea.

Here's a recipe for it, but I think my SIL embellished hers (she's a caterer/chef):

https://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-explosion-353308

Yikes. Paging the cardiac arrest unit!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero said:

:shocked: :puking:

Uh, Hero, I really want to thank you for that….graphic emoji.

It brings me right back to  the Post Traumatic Vomit Disorder I have from a bad reaction to ashwagandha. Thrice. Until I figured out what was doing it.

Uh maybe we should make a recipe thread?

With all these holidays approaching it might be fun to exchange some traditional (or our own) recipes from our countries for Christmas cookies, mince pies, turkey stuffings,...

And I'm just always desperately looking for new things to cook.

As long as it doesn't include more sweet (or any) stuff with bacon :D

(surprised we haven't summoned Michelle yet btw)

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, silver said:

Thanks! Wow they've not been used in a while. Last posts 2013 and 2009. Could they be merged into one thread that we can add to from now on? 

4 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

surprised we haven't summoned Michelle yet btw

She's still on a cheese high, give her time. :naughty:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

well, if you have not seen the Budweiser ad series—there are about a dozen—-you really must.

OTOH, the WINNER FOR Most Obnoxious Ad on TV right now is this one:

:shocked:

That won't be passing any UK ad regulations any time soon!

And as for bacon, I would probably have it with everything if I could get away with it! :biggrin2:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Omg I've recently become an obsessive plant mum too!! And mine all have names as well. I'll get back to you on that to exchange some pics and tips (sadly we're too far away to exchange cuttings).

There's been times when I've wanted to talk about my plants but I've never been sure if anyone would be interested, I probably will get round to sharing some pics at some point.

Thinking about plants, I would love to visit this garden one day here in the UK.

https://www.alnwickgarden.com/the-garden/poison-garden/

I keep asking my Mum if we can go but it is quite far from me and it's also not recommended if you have health problems like asthma. So if I ever do go, it might be on my own and who knows if I'll make it out again! :lmfao:

Again I wonder if your son, @mellody would be interested in this garden or would it be a bit much?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Again I wonder if your son, @mellody would be interested in this garden or would it be a bit much?

He might, but I won't give him ideas. 🙈 Carnivorous plants are already enough, I will NOT support that he fills his room with poisonous plants! :facepalm:

I showed him the video this morning. As expected, he loved it and said he wants a plant like that. :lol3:

You can tell that you're among Mika fans when the topic switches from something totally random to food. :naughty: I guess I have less in common with Mika than I thought... seems his only passion that I share with a similar intensity is music. :lol3: Can't get much excited about food and recipes. Except maybe chocolate and cake baking recipes. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty: I'd love to try the results of Mika's cooking tho. As long as they don't involve smelly cheese. 🙈😅

• Haha 3

Sounds like we need a plants thread too. :thumb_yello:

🪴🌵🌴🌳🌲🌿🌱

I love them, but do not have the touch to keep them going for long. :tears: I even managed to kill off a sansevieria, which is meant to be pretty much bullet proof. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow I didn’t know there was a Poison Garden in the Uk. I will have to remember that and go.

I love plants have for many years. And because I live in the Netherlands, I can buy really beautiful plants and go to great garden centers that also have brilliant places to eat and sit around having a coffee surrounded by plants in pots. And reading a book there is perfect too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I even managed to kill off a sansevieria, which is meant to be pretty much bullet proof. 

Nooooo! I have one of those and he's the hardiest plant I've ever owned! 

17 minutes ago, Patricia Birden said:

I can buy really beautiful plants and go to great garden centers that also have brilliant places to eat and sit around having a coffee surrounded by plants in pots. And reading a book there is perfect too.

That sounds like me ideal day out, perfect indeed!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Nooooo! I have one of those and he's the hardiest plant I've ever owned! 

Yup. Was one of my favourites too, was doing well, thought I'd finally cracked it.

Plants I have known: 😓

Sansevieria

Peace lily

Umbrella plant

Kentia palm

Boston fern

Zebra plant

Coleus

Cyclamen

Poinsettia

Phalaenopsis orchids

Dendrobium orchid

Cat grass

Spider plant

Conversely, the overgrown brambles, ivy, nettles, thistles, hypericum and herb Robert in my back garden are refusing to die off. Or behave.:lmfao:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 2

On 9/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

This is one of those moments again where in my head I had replied to your post but I just hadn't done anything physically, brain is taking holiday mode to a whole other level...

ANYWAY, I've certainly had my fair share of psychic experiences too! Quite often I'll be thinking something and my Mum will suddenly bring that topic up in conversation, either that or we both start to say the exact same thing at the exact same time!

I've had experiences with friends too and with people I only know online! 

I personally believe it's more than just synchronicity. I've had moments where I've been completely alone, deep in thought and soon after I've either seen, heard or experienced whatever I was thinking about!

And I also believe that Mika fans are always in sync! 😁

Oh, CJ, I cannot wait to tell you this.

Earlier we were in the car, listening to the radio. Have not done a lot of either for weeks.

changing stations.

Came to this great station that plays Broadway music.

and. The moment it came on, I recognized the opening notes of a very familiar, but obscure, song, from a very very old play.

About a venus flytrap.

Suddenly Seymore.

I am not often speechless. Three times. Three times. I often usually, regularly, get it in twos. Or long runs of something more common.

But come on. Suddenly Seymore.

What does this all mean??!

• Haha 1

You understand, don't you, that this is not about Venus flytraps for me, yes? It is about the extreme coincidences or psychic experiences that my wife and I experience all the time. This was just the most recent, and one of the most over the top, ones. In real time.,