Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

How are you feeling, Hero?

A bit better, thanks! Had an ECG on Friday, it came back clear so that's good. Chatting to the nurse, she agreed it sounded like an iron deficiency. Just waiting for the blood test results now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

OMG. That feeling when you think you have nothing in the house, then find an unopened bar of chocolate that you'd completely  forgotten about. Heaven. :cheer:

I had the same thing happen yesterday morning! Well sort of, I already had food in but found a forgotten Galaxy bar in the cupboard. Orange flavour too! A win for second breakfast I think! :biggrin2:

Glad to hear you're feeling better 😊

• Like 2

If I have to see this channel 4 ad on an almost daily basis then I think at least one of you here should watch it too. I personally find it quite disturbing, which I get is the whole point but I just think it's a bit much. I can't even bring myself to embed the video, so here's the YT link:

https://youtu.be/nf2BoHg1rFI?si=pa1a24Wiv-tj9m6p

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If I have to see this channel 4 ad on an almost daily basis then I think at least one of you here should watch it too. I personally find it quite disturbing, which I get is the whole point but I just think it's a bit much. I can't even bring myself to embed the video, so here's the YT link:

https://youtu.be/nf2BoHg1rFI?si=pa1a24Wiv-tj9m6p

Hmmm, no that link's staying blue, thanks. :naughty:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hero said:

A bit better, thanks! Had an ECG on Friday, it came back clear so that's good. Chatting to the nurse, she agreed it sounded like an iron deficiency. Just waiting for the blood test results now.

Update, message today from my healthcare provider:

"Your recent blood test was outside of the normal range. This may be a normal variation or may need further investigation. Please contact the practice to make an appointment for a repeat blood test in the next 4 weeks."

:blink: Oh good, that'll be the third test in less than 3 months. How much do they need? Are they sneakily topping up the blood bank supplies, one test at a time? :lmfao:

Still, can't be anything serious or they'd have dragged me straight in, so that's good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hero said:

Update, message today from my healthcare provider:

"Your recent blood test was outside of the normal range. This may be a normal variation or may need further investigation. Please contact the practice to make an appointment for a repeat blood test in the next 4 weeks."

:blink: Oh good, that'll be the third test in less than 3 months. How much do they need? Are they sneakily topping up the blood bank supplies, one test at a time? :lmfao:

Still, can't be anything serious or they'd have dragged me straight in, so that's good.

They need three measurements to be able to work out what is happening (if anything).  Like they say, the results may be a normal variation for you.

• Like 1

:facepalm:
oh yuck.

How useless.

But it sounds like your hunch was right. YAY.

HOWever, this has pushed one of my political buttons. OFF TOPIC ALERT.  Feel free to move on.

:protest: In my experience, the medical industry (in the U S too) wastes our time testing even when there will be no treatment (for “ruling out”) and follow up testing after doing nothing, and exams after western treatments that have obviously worked (when there is an allopathic drug or procedure they can sell you). (NOTE: I am not aligning with the distortions of the politically motivated anti vax movement to any degree here.)

If I could, which I can't because of having Type I diabetes and a couple other things that require western tx, I would use acupuncture for everything, with a holistic herbal/ nutritional provider when necessary. Our acup. Is trained in TCM in China, and amazing. (I am not a doctor and do not play one on tv, as they say here, but aren't you planning to at least start cooking everything in a cast iron frying pan and routinely suck on an old nail??!)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hmmm, no that link's staying blue, thanks. :naughty:

I take it you are already familiar with seeing politicians dirty laundry then! :teehee:

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

How much do they need? Are they sneakily topping up the blood bank supplies, one test at a time? :lmfao:

Vampires, it's the only answer! :biggrin2: 🧛‍♂️

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I take it you are already familiar with seeing politicians dirty laundry then! :teehee:

Do they have any other kind?? :lol3:

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Vampires, it's the only answer! :biggrin2: 

As long as they're handsome, okay then. 😅

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

:facepalm:
oh yuck.

How useless.

But it sounds like your hunch was right. YAY.

HOWever, this has pushed one of my political buttons. OFF TOPIC ALERT.  Feel free to move on.

:protest: In my experience, the medical industry (in the U S too) wastes our time testing even when there will be no treatment (for “ruling out”) and follow up testing after doing nothing, and exams after western treatments that have obviously worked (when there is an allopathic drug or procedure they can sell you). (NOTE: I am not aligning with the distortions of the politically motivated anti vax movement to any degree here.)

If I could, which I can't because of having Type I diabetes and a couple other things that require western tx, I would use acupuncture for everything, with a holistic herbal/ nutritional provider when necessary. Our acup. Is trained in TCM in China, and amazing. (I am not a doctor and do not play one on tv, as they say here, but aren't you planning to at least start cooking everything in a cast iron frying pan and routinely suck on an old nail??!)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Off topic? In this thread? :lmfao:

Interesting, I thought acupuncture was more about easing the symptoms than actually curing the issue? 

As it turns out, the iron level was within normal range (good job, I don't own a frying pan, and don't want to get tetanus from sucking rust. The only rusty nail I like is the Drambuie cocktail. :lol3:) But, another result has appeared in the app, result borderline, action to contact patient (the others just said to retest). I can see the draft message queued up ready to be sent in the morning. Hyperglycaemia. Oh joy. 

Will see what the morning brings... 

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Interesting, I thought acupuncture was more about easing the symptoms than actually curing the issue? 

Oh no again. Had an extensive answer here and it disappeared.

Ok, try try again….

So, first, the most important thing is that you feel better. Yay. BTW, those actually used to be suggestions for how to increase iron!

So, acupuncture. My favorite topic. First, There is a difference between acupuncture as practiced by someone trained in “the old country“ and that taught in 2year programs here. At its core it is like the conflict between allopathic  and homeopathic medicine—invading the body or enabling healing safety (tho acupuncture can be very powerful and can cause weird side effects temporarily). When western doctors perform acupuncture they limit it, squeezing it into the western model, which severely limits how much they think it can do and limits their training as well as their understanding of it. 

To start, actually most western med does not actually cure most things either. Much of it arrests symptoms and requires one to consume drugs for the rest of their lives (like hypertension, hypothyroidism, AIDS), drugs that can disrupt our natural balance, or immunity, or are toxic or even fatal. Some of these treatments are necessary and so one tolerates the side effects. But often the treatments are excessive and hurtful to the body. They are designed to actually inhibit your natural immunity rather than enhancing it. Or they  “cure” with invasive, toxic, dangerous, or painful treatments. Cancer comes to mind. Steroids come to mind. So these treatments inhibit or control or mask symptoms but they are very destructive. 

My old acupuncturist had a late stage dx of stage four rectal or GI CA that he successfully treated with needles and herbs. (Herbs are often necessary adjuncts for certain conditions). No toxic or disabling side effects. One of my acupuncture drs was very surprised when I ended up needing  a hysterectomy for my endometrial CA, because in his experience he was sure he would cure me. Even if you get western tx, acupuncture can assist it or minimize side effects (pain, nausea, etc)

Acupuncture enables pple to get pregnant (and to undergo c-sections without anesthesia), cures infections, heals paralysis. Diane’s coscocondriasis (sp?!) was cured.  I saw a man with CP improve weekly at one office.

What it does, oversimplified version, is improve your body’s balance and strengthen it. So even if you get sick you have fewer symptoms and heal more quickly. When one has issues that western med is either useless for , or for which the cure is worse than the disease, acupuncture can help.

I could not stand or walk at all because of shifting vertebrae when I first went; three sessions later and I was functional and pain free (it totally took about 12). When I first went I sat in the waiting room and listened to people talk about how acupuncture had saved then from surgery. (This does not only apply to back issues.) Which was/is often the cause of more problems, or at least is useless, for many back issues, and other things. My back issues are structural and progressive, so after the first few (15 or so) years of total remissions , now the effect is much more limited, but is has cured sciatica several time, and protects me from living in constant pain.

It is most effective with inflammation, which, now, western medicine has realized is at the core of many, if not most, issues.

THERE! I did it!!! Posting now!!!!

Edited by QueenBigFat
Schpelling. And cleaning up what was a mess of a post.

PS we take our dog. It corrected weakness in his hind legs, gave him energy. I had a cat who had paralyzed back legs who was able to walk after tx.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

PPS The younger you are when you start and the sooner you seek help for a problem the faster and more effective it will be.

Like, it can’t replace a lot of my brain. I keep asking for a new one. She just laughs.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Ok, try try again….

So, first, the most important thing is that you feel better. Yay. BTW, those actually used to be suggestions for how to increase iron!

So, acupuncture. My favorite topic. First, There is a difference between acupuncture as practiced by someone trained in “the old country“ and that taught in 2year programs here. At its core it is like the conflict between allopathic  and homeopathic medicine—invading the body or enabling healing safety (tho acupuncture can be very powerful and can cause weird side effects temporarily). When western doctors perform acupuncture they limit it, squeezing it into the western model, which severely limits how much they think it can do and limits their training as well as their understanding of it. 

To start, actually most western med does not actually cure most things either. Much of it arrests symptoms and requires one to consume drugs for the rest of their lives (like hypertension, hypothyroidism, AIDS), drugs that can disrupt our natural balance, or immunity, or are toxic or even fatal. Some of these treatments are necessary and so one tolerates the side effects. But often the treatments are excessive and hurtful to the body. They are designed to actually inhibit your natural immunity rather than enhancing it. Or they  “cure” with invasive, toxic, dangerous, or painful treatments. Cancer comes to mind. Steroids come to mind. So these treatments inhibit or control or mask symptoms but they are very destructive. 

My old acupuncturist had a late stage dx of stage four rectal or GI CA that he successfully treated with needles and herbs. (Herbs are often necessary adjuncts for certain conditions). No toxic or disabling side effects. One of my acupuncture drs was very surprised when I ended up needing  a hysterectomy for my endometrial CA, because in his experience he was sure he would cure me. Even if you get western tx, acupuncture can assist it or minimize side effects (pain, nausea, etc)

Acupuncture enables pple to get pregnant (and to undergo c-sections without anesthesia), cures infections, heals paralysis. Diane’s coscocondriasis (sp?!) was cured.  I saw a man with CP improve weekly at one office.

What it does, oversimplified version, is improve your body’s balance and strengthen it. So even if you get sick you have fewer symptoms and heal more quickly. When one has issues that western med is either useless for , or for which the cure is worse than the disease, acupuncture can help.

I could not stand or walk at all because of shifting vertebrae when I first went; three sessions later and I was functional and pain free (it totally took about 12). When I first went I sat in the waiting room and listened to people talk about how acupuncture had saved then from surgery. (This does not only apply to back issues.) Which was/is often the cause of more problems, or at least is useless, for many back issues, and other things. My back issues are structural and progressive, so after the first few (15 or so) years of total remissions , now the effect is much more limited, but is has cured sciatica several time, and protects me from living in constant pain.

It is most effective with inflammation, which, now, western medicine has realized is at the core of many, if not most, issues.

THERE! I did it!!! Posting now!!!!

That's impressive! I'm glad you found it so helpful for your condition. 

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

That's impressive! I'm glad you found it so helpful for your condition. 

ConfitionS! (Which would git nicely to the tune of the overture to Fiddler on the Roof. Oy, could I redo those lyrics to such a theme.:bleh:

16 hours ago, silver said:

I don't remember seeing one - though there are threads where people have displayed things they've made.

Quoting you here so the card exchange thread doesn't go too off topic.

The only crafting thread I've come across is mainly Mika themed, this one:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32353-diy-mika-stuff/#comment-4037319

Not sure how popular a more general arts and crafts thread might be 🤔

But I guess this is a good time to shamelessly plug my art IG account where I do post things I've made! 😁

https://instagram.com/crafty_c.j?igshid=MTk0NTkyODZkYg==

Not been too active lately but I'm hoping to get back into being creative soon!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

But I guess this is a good time to shamelessly plug my art IG account where I do post things I've made! 😁

I have an art account too👀 I shall also shamelessly plug mine. I don't use it so much now as I can't post anything to do with my Arts Awards until they're moderated🥲 but I have some interesting stuff on there🙃 I'll follow you!

https://instagram.com/_art.by.elizabeth._?igshid=MzMyNGUyNmU2YQ==

• Like 2

I watched an interview with Mika months ago where he talked about books that he liked. I had put some of those recommendations on my reading list and today I went to the library to look for "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. The online system showed me they didn't have it in English but in German. I asked for help and the librarian went and got it for me from some storage place that was in a different building. When she returned (quite some time later) she was carrying the thickest book I have ever seen (and I've read Les Mis). It's 1300 pages long!!

I have no idea if I'll be able to tackle that but because she had gone through all that trouble I couldn't not borrow it so we'll see :D

When I got home I looked for the video where Mika recommended it but I can't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

In the same video he recommended Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and A Moveable Feast by Hemingway.

I am seriously starting to doubt myself and wondering if it was just a fever dream.

• Like 1