Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

4 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Omg the fact that they included a trans man but he's wearing a huge trans flag t-shirt presumably so cishet people understand what's going on :lmfao:

I noticed that too! Disney isn't always the best when it comes to representing LGBT+ characters but I guess it's a start!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had a meet and mingle event at work this morning so the new team could get to know each other following the redesign. As an icebreaker the managers did a quick game of bingo, but instead of numbers it was things like 'has a messy desk', 'has been skydiving', 'can play a musical instrument', 'likes pineapple on pizza' etc. 

I was one of the first to get a full line, "Bingo!" and so a manager came over to check it and go through the answers. The first square I ticked off was 'has met a celebrity'. So she asked who I'd met, and I'd heard others chatting about 'oh her off that soap' and 'him when he was doing panto'. Of course, I said 'Mika'. Cue a BIG gasp and a few 'ooooh's. :lol3:

But a few minutes later, chatting to one of the girls in the next office, she exclaimed "I'm going to see him in Manchester!" :cheer:So we started chatting about gigs, she and her friends are making a night of it, they're really looking forward to it. But she was worried about the songs being in French, so I sent her the link to the lyrics page with the translations. :pinkbow:

Just felt really nice being able to talk openly about him and sharing excitement with someone. Did not expect that to happen at work! :lol3::wub2:

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

Had a meet and mingle event at work this morning so the new team could get to know each other following the redesign. As an icebreaker the managers did a quick game of bingo, but instead of numbers it was things like 'has a messy desk', 'has been skydiving', 'can play a musical instrument', 'likes pineapple on pizza' etc. 

I was one of the first to get a full line, "Bingo!" and so a manager came over to check it and go through the answers. The first square I ticked off was 'has met a celebrity'. So she asked who I'd met, and I'd heard others chatting about 'oh her off that soap' and 'him when he was doing panto'. Of course, I said 'Mika'. Cue a BIG gasp and a few 'ooooh's. :lol3:

But a few minutes later, chatting to one of the girls in the next office, she exclaimed "I'm going to see him in Manchester!" :cheer:So we started chatting about gigs, she and her friends are making a night of it, they're really looking forward to it. But she was worried about the songs being in French, so I sent her the link to the lyrics page with the translations. :pinkbow:

Just felt really nice being able to talk openly about him and sharing excitement with someone. Did not expect that to happen at work! :lol3::wub2:

That's really sweet! I have hardly told people in my personal life about meeting him but when I'm working it comes up a lot thanks to the guy I work with. I love those types of conversations because it brings up other peoples stories with different artists. 

Also I love bingo, I have made many friends through bingo games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hero said:

:yay:  I'm so glad that Mika's name isn't being met with "ugh" and "who?" but instead with gasps and "oohs!" And glad you were able to connect with someone there who's going to see him.

@Hero I've been thinking about your and Michelle's suggestions a few weeks ago, about making a QR code for the lyrics, for the French gigs, and how we might make that work. But also how could we expand that idea to include all the lyrics? Imagine this scenario, not that it would *ever* happen:  :wink2:

You're at a gig and you're standing in front of a certain pop star and he signals to you to look up the lyrics to one of his songs on your phone because he's forgotten them -- how can you get to them quickly?

I mean, I put the lyrics thread on a separate tab here, but you still need to get to MFC, then click on the Lyrics link, then scroll around to find the right song.

If you had a sheet of paper with QR codes for each of the songs, or at least each album's lyrics, you could scan it and get there faster. But that still seems awkward - who wants to carry a sheet of paper around at a gig? I guess you could tape the list to the back of your phone, but that's still not a great idea...

Anyhow, the idea is still rolling around in my brain, and I thought since this is the random thread this would be a good place to mention it. Maybe someone else will have a brainstorm?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

Anyhow, the idea is still rolling around in my brain, and I thought since this is the random thread this would be a good place to mention it. Maybe someone else will have a brainstorm?

If you have a photo of the qr codes, someone else could scan it with their phone and give it to him I imagine?

This is MIKAJAR. It was inspired by a guy in the US who created a swear jar for his wife to put money in every time she talked about Taylor Swift. After my Hunny was told about this, she could not stop laughing. She came home the next day with this jar. After a conversation in CHATBOX, a plan was hatched. Donations to MIKAJAR will be contributed to a Mika supported charity at the end of the year. You are invited to start your own. It would be great if this could become a MIKAPROJECT!

IMG_0630.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:yay:  I'm so glad that Mika's name isn't being met with "ugh" and "who?" but instead with gasps and "oohs!" And glad you were able to connect with someone there who's going to see him.

@Hero I've been thinking about your and Michelle's suggestions a few weeks ago, about making a QR code for the lyrics, for the French gigs, and how we might make that work. But also how could we expand that idea to include all the lyrics? Imagine this scenario, not that it would *ever* happen:  :wink2:

You're at a gig and you're standing in front of a certain pop star and he signals to you to look up the lyrics to one of his songs on your phone because he's forgotten them -- how can you get to them quickly?

I mean, I put the lyrics thread on a separate tab here, but you still need to get to MFC, then click on the Lyrics link, then scroll around to find the right song.

If you had a sheet of paper with QR codes for each of the songs, or at least each album's lyrics, you could scan it and get there faster. But that still seems awkward - who wants to carry a sheet of paper around at a gig? I guess you could tape the list to the back of your phone, but that's still not a great idea...

Lol, as if that would ever happen! :lol3: Cough, ahum.

This makes me think of Karin's suggestion in the birthday ideas thread, for an app with all of his lyrics on. 

One QR code, go to the lyrics app, start typing the song title or key lyric into the search and up it pops? 

But then, everyone would need to download the app... 

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps with the issue of sharing lyrics, but if you have a photo of a QR code in your phone's gallery (or saved anywhere actually) and you're wondering how to scan it yourself, Google Lens will do this for you as long as you have an internet connection. This might save time without asking a friend to scan your phone for you.

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

This is MIKAJAR. It was inspired by a guy in the US who created a swear jar for his wife to put money in every time she talked about Taylor Swift. After my Hunny was told about this, she could not stop laughing. She came home the next day with this jar. After a conversation in CHATBOX, a plan was hatched. Donations to MIKAJAR will be contributed to a Mika supported charity at the end of the year. You are invited to start your own. It would be great if this could become a MIKAPROJECT!

IMG_0630.jpeg

I have a feeling you're gonna need a bigger jar! Well done for starting it though! :clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Lol, as if that would ever happen! :lol3: Cough, ahum.

This makes me think of Karin's suggestion in the birthday ideas thread, for an app with all of his lyrics on. 

One QR code, go to the lyrics app, start typing the song title or key lyric into the search and up it pops? 

But then, everyone would need to download the app... 

Actually we had an app made by @maggie112 with all Mika's lyrics, I don't know what happened with it but it was useful.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:50 PM, Hero said:

a few minutes later, chatting to one of the girls in the next office, she exclaimed "I'm going to see him in Manchester!" :cheer:

I nearly forgot. When she said about Manchester, I said I had tickets for London and Dublin. She said "Oh wow, you're going all the way to Dublin to see him?!" :blink: Ummm... yeah... after half of Europe. And the USA. :facepalm::lol3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Over 4 weeks ago now, I came down with a nasty bug/virus that completely knocked me off my feet. Apart from the coughing, sneezing, catarrh, dizziness, brain fog, mild nausea etc, I was completely exhausted. I spent 2 weeks in bed, it took me all my energy just getting up to feed my cat, bless her. Week 3 went back to work, but still exhausted, could barely concentrate. Week 4, still coughing, still dealing with catarrh, still feeling like I'm not fully breathing so having to stop mid sentence to catch my breath, still feeling my heart pounding after exerting myself, still extremely tired, energy comes in fits and starts and disappears just as quickly. Last time I remember feeling like this was after major surgery! Plus it's put me into a low mood, had a couple of panic attacks at home and cried at work (not for the usual reasons...). I did a covid test, it was negative, but it was in the 2nd week so maybe it was wrong? Rang the doctor, they want to check if I'm deficient in anything, so have booked me in on Friday for a blood test, and also an ECG, and we'll take it from there.  So, fingers crossed! Can't deny it's worried me, I kind of hope I am deficient in something, at least that's an easy fix. 

If anyone says deficient in brains, I'll... I'll.... probably agree. :sneaky2: :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh, god, that sounds so awful. I know people who have had multiple covid tests that were negative but in the end they did have it. I think I even read that happening to our guy. Gentle pat on head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh @Hero I really hope you feel better soon, that sounds awful what you're going through. If it's covid or maybe even flu it can take weeks to truly leave your system. I'm sorry to hear you're having panic attacks too, they suck and can be really draining.

Fingers crossed the tests don't show anything nasty and it's easily treated!

Hugs for you!

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Not sure if this helps with the issue of sharing lyrics, but if you have a photo of a QR code in your phone's gallery (or saved anywhere actually) and you're wondering how to scan it yourself, Google Lens will do this for you as long as you have an internet connection. This might save time without asking a friend to scan your phone for you.

I've heard of Google Lens, but never tried. I'll give it a go, thanks for the tip @TinyLove_CJ

On 11/14/2023 at 4:36 PM, krysady said:

Actually we had an app made by @maggie112 with all Mika's lyrics, I don't know what happened with it but it was useful.

Hmm... what DID happen to it? I'll see if I can find anything on it... And what happened to her? I haven't seen her around for a while...

EDIT: OK, I found it, but it was just for Android, and it doesn't look like it's there any more, anyway:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Hero said:

Over 4 weeks ago now, I came down with a nasty bug/virus that completely knocked me off my feet. Apart from the coughing, sneezing, catarrh, dizziness, brain fog, mild nausea etc, I was completely exhausted. I spent 2 weeks in bed, it took me all my energy just getting up to feed my cat, bless her. Week 3 went back to work, but still exhausted, could barely concentrate. Week 4, still coughing, still dealing with catarrh, still feeling like I'm not fully breathing so having to stop mid sentence to catch my breath, still feeling my heart pounding after exerting myself, still extremely tired, energy comes in fits and starts and disappears just as quickly. Last time I remember feeling like this was after major surgery! Plus it's put me into a low mood, had a couple of panic attacks at home and cried at work (not for the usual reasons...). I did a covid test, it was negative, but it was in the 2nd week so maybe it was wrong? Rang the doctor, they want to check if I'm deficient in anything, so have booked me in on Friday for a blood test, and also an ECG, and we'll take it from there.  So, fingers crossed! Can't deny it's worried me, I kind of hope I am deficient in something, at least that's an easy fix. 

If anyone says deficient in brains, I'll... I'll.... probably agree. :sneaky2: :lol3:

Had similar problems after my Covid infection last year - tho not as severe, so I waited months to see a doctor because I thought it was normal after Covid for a while to get out of breath easily, heart pounding, lack of energy, etc. ... anyway turned out I had a massive iron deficiency. The supplements helped within a few days, but it keeps coming back since then, so it looks like I have to keep taking them. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed that it can be fixed easily for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Had similar problems after my Covid infection last year - tho not as severe, so I waited months to see a doctor because I thought it was normal after Covid for a while to get out of breath easily, heart pounding, lack of energy, etc. ... anyway turned out I had a massive iron deficiency. The supplements helped within a few days, but it keeps coming back since then, so it looks like I have to keep taking them. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed that it can be fixed easily for you!

Thank you for this! I've just been reading up on symptoms of iron deficiency and it sounds spot on. It even mentioned restless legs, which I get sometimes. I've been taking a multivitamin tablet for a few days in case my B12 was low, it has iron too so that might explain the little energy rush this morning. Didn't last long, but it was nice to feel semi normal again for a while! 

• Like 3

I know there's got to be a pun in here somewhere.:roll1:

Regardless….oh, hero, at least you seem to be past the worst of it and into the “I feel like cwap but actually I'm not actively sick any more  and my body is just exhausted” phase. (I say “just” but it's not little!) Fingers crossed you continue to get better. I also felt like you do now after major surgery. Just…drained. One inch at a time!

Does anyone have any good photos of mikas white cape with the broken heart on the back/any of his other capes? I'm doing an arts award thingy and need some good references but I have no idea what thread to use (as in MFC thread not sewing)🙈

Edited by goose

On 11/17/2023 at 4:46 PM, goose said:

Does anyone have any good photos of mikas white cape with the broken heart on the back/any of his other capes? I'm doing an arts award thingy and need some good references but I have no idea what thread to use (as in MFC thread not sewing)🙈

You can also ask in this thread, tends to get more attention when fans are looking for something in particular.