Tiny Love

13 minutes ago, ellie said:

Cherries are considered a sex symbol no?

Are they? I don't know... I just googled it and found something interesting on a German website. It's about the symbolism in Japan, and translated, it says:

"(...) Crushing the flesh of the cherry to get to the core means sacrificing flesh and blood to get to the core of the human person."

So maybe it's about the "core" of Mika's personality - and he's sacrificing... I don't know, his fears? His private life? It's all very personal and private. He has written very personal songs before, but he didn't tell us the meaning in interviews, as he does now - it was more the songs that didn't get much attention, and we could only guess what it's about.

@Kumazzz as you're from Japan, do you know anything about this symbolism I mentioned above? I knew the cherry trees are very important in Japan, but I thought it was more about the blossoms (in the article I quoted they also write several sentences about the symbolism of the blossoms before they get to the fruit).

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Are they? I don't know...

Yeah, I mean thats how they are used in most pop songs and music videos. I assumed mika would make a similar reference since he's been talking about how desexualized pop music has become and his wish to be more sensual etc.  :teehee:

13 hours ago, mellody said:

Wait, didn't he talk about a song called "Cherry Tree" at some point? 🤔

Here is that French interview but it's been a long time ago…….(at the very end)

We ended with the opinion that he was mistaken with some phonetic vocabulary similitaries (French/Italian) 

We guessed he wanted to say "smiling person" instead of "cherry tree"

He says "sorisier" (a word that doesn't exist :teehee:) ,not "cerisier"

As he says that the opening sentence is that he found his smile on the floor and put it back on his face "smiling man " has  more sense with the lyrics but we may be wrong as well ….:dunno::naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, carafon said:

We ended with the opinion that he was mistaken with some phonetic vocabulary similitaries (French/Italian) 

We guessed he wanted to say "smiling person" instead of "cherry tree"

He says "sorisier" (a word that doesn't exist :teehee:) ,not "cerisier"

As he says that the opening sentence is that he found his smile on the floor and put it back on his face "siling man " has  more sense with the lyrics but we may be wrong as well ….:dunno::naughty:

Yes, you're right, he was mistaken the word for sure, because the song was about his smile and he talked about this song only in this French interview. Then some fans started to spread the mistranslated word around on Twitter, and everybody took it as a fact. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, carafon said:

No "smiling man " neither……...:naughty:

Ha ha ha! But in the first song on the album we have:

My life was dull
I used to walk in a different way
But now I'm dancin', dancin', dancin', dancin'
Don't care who can see me dancin'

What a smile!!!! All his body is smiling - see the final scene of the video :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha! But in the first song on the album we have:

My life was dull
I used to walk in a different way
But now I'm dancin', dancin', dancin', dancin'
Don't care who can see me dancin'

What a smile!!!! All his body is smiling - see the final scene of the video :lol3:

Yeah, that smiling song could well be Tiny Love... we know he has written it in 2017 (the time of the interview) and there's a lot more parts in Tiny Love that we don't know (yet).

• Like 3

Getting back to the cherries and the other parts of the video that are still nebulous... If we assume it's the story of Mika's life, maybe we can try to look what's still missing in our analysis. If cherries are a symbol for sex, their appearance in the video might be about his sexual identity, which always was a big topic for him, personally - and from some point also publicly. So it surely can be found somewhere in the video.

His father's change after Kuwait, his family moving to London, his problems at school and the way out of it by music also are important topics for him that we might be able to find in the video. Although it depends whether the video starts at his birth or at the age of 7 or at the start of his international career... :dunno:

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The 12th of September Mika gave us a tracklist of the album. No "Cherry Tree"...

As stated before, it could have been Tiny Love before it was revised or maybe another song on the album is this one and it is just renamed to something different. But it could of just been cut completely. :dunno:

• Like 2

In this article I can find several hints that I might be right with the Mika/Michael theory:

He says Mika took too much space, that's why his creativity was blocked. Michael is Mika's "Tiny Love", in my opinion. He said in the other interview that he had just finished the song when he got the call that his mum needed heart surgery - in Vanity Fair he even says her illness was his punishment when he tried to emancipitate himself from his mother. Which makes sense, his mum "made" Mika, and he wanted to find Michael behind Mika.

I'm glad he went on nevertheless. :wub2:

• Like 6

On 9/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, mellody said:

Getting back to the cherries and the other parts of the video that are still nebulous... If we assume it's the story of Mika's life, maybe we can try to look what's still missing in our analysis. If cherries are a symbol for sex, their appearance in the video might be about his sexual identity, which always was a big topic for him, personally - and from some point also publicly. So it surely can be found somewhere in the video.

His father's change after Kuwait, his family moving to London, his problems at school and the way out of it by music also are important topics for him that we might be able to find in the video. Although it depends whether the video starts at his birth or at the age of 7 or at the start of his international career... :dunno:

On 9/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, mellody said:

In this article I can find several hints that I might be right with the Mika/Michael theory:

He says Mika took too much space, that's why his creativity was blocked. Michael is Mika's "Tiny Love", in my opinion. He said in the other interview that he had just finished the song when he got the call that his mum needed heart surgery - in Vanity Fair he even says her illness was his punishment when he tried to emancipitate himself from his mother. Which makes sense, his mum "made" Mika, and he wanted to find Michael behind Mika.

I'm glad he went on nevertheless. :wub2:

Going back to the cherries mystery :

As it seems that Mika and Michael are the 2 protagonists in the clip ,that in this article in the "Figaro" he says that creativity is feeding both ,could it be that the cherries represent  creativity ? 

Mika is eating them greedily when Michael leave them in a basket on the piano …..

???????

On 9/16/2019 at 3:00 AM, Michael Abbott said:

Any info on the reprise? At the end of the album + show? 🙂

According to the small part that was aired on a Canadian interview ,it seems that it's a more orchestral version 

And according to the "Paris Match" article ,Paloma and Joannie are singing parts of the song

• Like 3

Wait, What?

Someone wrote on the youtube music video that Mika wrote "Tiny Love" for his cat:

"Love that he wrote this for his cat. ❤️ He is clearly playing a cat in this video. Hence his size, being on her lap when she’s trying to play piano, getting pets behind his ears, etc. As a cat lover, it jumped out to me instantly." 

Does Mika has a cat? (I Know he has two dogs but a cat? I'm not sure about that) I Mean, that's, you know, maybe a kind of interpretation of the song/video clip, I Just asking myself how much can it be (I Mean if Mika has dogs it can be about his dogs...) But I Guess everyone has it's on interpretation of the video, I Prefer the one that says this song is about Michael / Mika.

BTW, Everyday I'm falling in love with the song & video clip more. It's pure art.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

Does Mika has a cat? (I Know he has two dogs but a cat? I'm not sure about that)

Yes, he has a cat in Miami, named Tiny. He told the story on Twitter, it was a cat coming from neighborhood that moved to his house in the end.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

"Love that he wrote this for his cat. ❤️ He is clearly playing a cat in this video. Hence his size, being on her lap when she’s trying to play piano, getting pets behind his ears, etc. As a cat lover, it jumped out to me instantly." 

I don't see what you mean ……..:mfr_lol:

• Haha 1